People Also Ask About Day Outs in Delhi
Which resorts are good for one day outings in Delhi?
There are many great resorts to unwind at for a one day outing. Some of them are:
- Surjivan Resort- located in Gurugram, this resort has immense number of activities to indulge in.
- Botanix resort in Sohna Road – You could either spend the day retiring amongst the greens of this resort or being active with the adventures this resort has to offer.
- Tivoli garden resort – This 5 star property in Mehrauli is a perfect place for a one day trip if you are looking for a luxurious getaway.
- Ashok Country resort – located in Rarjokri, this 4 star resort is very popular for quick getaways from Delhi.
What activities can we do at various resorts in Delhi?
There are various resorts in and around the city of Delhi. While most of them offer facilities to unwind from the stressful work life, there are some that provide exceptional recreational activities. Here are a few:
- Surjivan Resort- rock climbing, flying fox, pottery, gun shooting, zorbing and rappelling.
- Aravali Resorts – Zorbing ball, paint ball, valley crossing and commando net.
- Botanix Nature Resort – Adventure camp
- ITC Grand Bharath – Classic Golf.
- Neemrana Fort Palace – Flying Fox, camel ride and vintage car ride.
What are some of the best resorts for corporate day outings in Delhi?
Here are some resorts that are great for a corporate team one-day outing near Delhi and the reason why:
- Blue Pine Resort, Lansdowne – great for corporate groups due to the games and bonfire facility.
- Aravali Resorts – indoor and outdoor games, sports arena.
- Neemrana Fort – two exotic pools to chill, zip lining, ayurvedic spa, a great place to dismiss all your stress.
What is the ideal duration for a day outing in Delhi?
You could spend easily 8-10 hours for a day outing in Delhi, be it visiting a nearby resort or trying out some adventure activities.
Which are some of the best picnic spots in Delhi?
Some of the best picnic spots near Delhi to enjoy a peaceful picnic away from the buzz of city life are:
- Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary – wildlife refuge in Delhi
- Camp Wild Dhauj – encompassed by Aravalli hills, located in Mangar Village in Dhauj close to Gurgaon.
- Damdama Lake – Located in Gurgaon, offers breathtaking view of the lake.
- Baghaan orchard retreat – beautiful mango orchard, 2 hours from Delhi.
- Sariska – a beautiful picnic spot among nature on the side of Lake Siliserh.
What things should we carry on a day outing?
- Extra pair of clothes and innerwear
- Sun hat
- Jacket or sweater
- Music system – iPod, MP3, etc
- Hand towel
Which water parks/amusement parks can we visit in Delhi for day outing?
There is a long list of amusement and water parks in Delhi that you can visit for a day outing. Here is the list:
- Worlds of wonder
- Appu Ghar
- Drizzling land
- Fun N Food Village
- Just Chill water park
- Wet N Wild
- Aapno Ghar
- Adventure island
- Entertainment City
- Jurassic Park Inn
- Delhi rides amusement park
- Kingdom of dreams
- Fun town amusement and water park
Can we go for trekking on a day outing? Which treks are good for one day trekking in Delhi?
Trekking on a one day outing is possible near Delhi. Here are a few recommended treks that you can take in a couple of hours.
- Prashar lake trek: 4-6 hours.
- Kuppar Peak:4-5 hours
- Gurson Bugyal: 4-5 hours
- Beas Kund trek: 8 – 9 hours
- Triund Trek: 4-5 hours
- Benog Tibba: 6-7 hours
- Bijli Mahadev Temple: 6-7 hours
- Khar Myundari: 3-4 hours
Can we do a cycling day tour of Delhi? Which places can we see while cycling?There are various tour operators that can arrange for a cycling tour for you around the city of Delhi. Here are some of them with few of the places that they cover:
- Shah Jahan Bicycle tours – Chawri Bazaar, Red Fort and Jama Masjid.
- Haveli Bicycle tours - Chandni Chowk, Red Fort, Sadar Bazar, Ballimaran, etc.
- Raj Bicycle tours – Turkman gate and Ajmeri Gate, Paharganj, Presidential palace.
- Yamuna Bicycle tours – Nigambodh Ghat, St.James Church.
Can we go for paintball adventures in Delhi?
Yes, Paintball adventures are available in Delhi. Here are a few places where you can enjoy paintballing:
- The Paintball and Co. – This is by far the most convenient paintball company as they can set up an arena for you anywhere in the city provided you give them the necessary facilities.
Nevertheless, they prefer having you over at their well set up place located in Gurgaon. The place is always booked, so it is suggested that you make an online booking to avoid last minute disappointments.
- Lock N Load – this is an indoor paintball arena put up at the pacific mall. This place also has laser tag to play.
Where can we go for quad biking adventure in Delhi?
You could experience Quad Biking or popularly known as ATV (all terrain vehicles) at Botanix Nature Resort in Gurgaon, foothills of Aravali. It costs approximately INR 1800 per person. Pre-bookings should be made.
Are there any village and nature resorts close to Delhi for a day outing?
There are plenty of villages, small towns and resorts near Delhi for an one day trip. Some of the popular ones are:
- Surjivan Resort – This resort is designed in a traditional and chic village setting and is only 29 km from Delhi.
- The tree house resort –This resort has tree houses set everywhere and nature can’t get closer than this. You can witness the entire area of greens from atop.
- Botanix Nature Resort – This resort is for nature lovers. You will be nestled among greenery, away from the city’s pollution.
Which places or resorts are good for adventurous day outings in Delhi?
- Fly India Adventure resort – This resort is only 27 km from Delhi and is a perfect resort for a one day adventure. It has a lot of activities to try like the village safari on a horse or camel. This resort is popular for its paragliding options.
- Aapno Ghar Resort – This is a theme park as well as a resort, giving you the thrills of the rides and a place to relax.
- Paradise Green Resort – It has adventure activities, musical and dance evenings to keep you on the groove.
- Neemrana Fort palace – This resort offers adventure activities like zip lining, dune walks, mountain climbing, etc.
Which resorts are good for family day outing in Delhi?
After a long week’s work and school/college everyone needs a break and there are many options for families to just relax and recharge themselves for the week ahead. They are:
- Botanix nature resort – This resort is perfect for a family getaway as it has something to offer for all age groups. While children can enjoy activities such as rappelling and bridge walking, the adults can meditate and take nature walks at this resort.
- Surjivan Resort – This resort is perfect for a one day trip with activities suiting all age groups. They offer safaris, camel and horse rides etc.
- Hans Resort, Rewari – Offers unique packages with top class services with something for everyone.
Which resorts are couple friendly in Delhi for a day out?
There are various resorts in the outskirts or in close proximity for a quick getaway in Delhi. Some of which provide privacy and quietude, just what couples need.
- Surjivan Resort – It is only 29 km from Delhi, each villa is placed separately from one another giving complete privacy.
- Heritage village resort and spa – It is a perfect resort for a one day trip where you can unwind with your partner with the help of a rejuvenating Ayurvedic spa treatment.
- Botanix Nature Resort – Nestled among greenery, you will feel relaxed after making a trip to this resort
Which resorts are good for a corporate team outing lunch in Delhi?
- Tivoli Grand resort – This luxury resort is perfect for gatherings with an enormous space for outdoor catering and activities.
- Hans resort, Rewari – This resort is great for a large group of people considering the various unique packages it offers.
- Surjivan Resort – You could opt for fun packages with safari ride and so on, suitable for a group of people.
- Paradise Green Resort – Groups could also enjoy musical and dance shows post their lunch at this resort.
Which restaurants are good for a half day outing in Delhi?
Here are some great restaurants for a day outing in Delhi:
- Kunzum Travel Cafe – perfect for people consumed by wanderlust. It features world photography, magazines, brochures, books and music and you can spend time exploring them.
- Mocha art house – located in Vasanth Kunj, explore this art gallery-cafe that serves delicious organic food and coffees from around the world.
- Café Turtle – a perfect cozy place for bookworms to get comfortable and read from the collection of books available at the café. They also have a delectable menu to choose from.
Situated in Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – the Rail Museum offers a window into the railway heritage of the country. Also known as the National Railway Museum, this space is spread over 10 acres and displays some of the most awe-inspiring and fascinating railway paraphernalia. Established in 1977 on February 1st, the museum strives to preserve and protect the 163 years old railway heritage of India. There are nearly 100 real-sized exhibits of Indian railways in the museum – some of which are still working. On the other hand, there are also some static exhibits, antiquated items, old furniture etc. For rail nerds, this space is a haven where you can immerse in the rich history of Indian railways.Moreover, there are also a couple of dummy specimens that offer rides to both adults and kids. Latest additions to the museum include facilitated 3D virtual train ride, steam loco stimulator, and a magnificent indoor gallery. The lush green gardens surrounding the museum also houses its oldest and most precious treasure – the famous Fairy Queen, the oldest working steam locomotive in the country.For the curious souls, the exhibits have an informative tablet right next to them where you can learn more about everything that is displayed in this stunning space. There is also a gallery near the museum where you can witness the photographs featuring the golden years of Indian railways. Admire the miniature models and take part in the workshops held in the museum auditorium. And at the end of the day, you can buy some souvenirs for your loved ones in the little in-house souvenir shop located just on your way back.
Home to the President of the world’s largest democracy, Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi stands as a symbol of national strength. The nation’s most important democratic functions like the swearing-in ceremony of its elected leaders are carried out in these very grounds. The Rashtrapati Bhavan has been witness to honour giving ceremonies of the country’s bravehearts and achievers, signing of historic pacts between India and other nations, of India’s independence and republic day ceremonies, and the hosting of many world leaders.The Rashtrapati Bhavan is a true architectural masterpiece in its own right. The magnificent building spreads across 320 acres, including the splendid ‘Mughal Garden’ and the Rashtrapati Bhavan Museum. The design of the Rashtrapati Bhavan mainly imparts the Mughal architectural styles blended with classical and grand European signatures, credited to the British architects- Edwin Lutyen and Hebert Baker.The building is also diversified with a number of other typically Indian motifs such as ornate Elephant statues on the outer wall or the main gate of the building with the ‘Jaipur column’. All in all, it is quite a visual treat to behold!The building is open to visitors by three different segments or tour circuits. The first circuit comprises of the Main building and the Central Lawn. The second circuit houses the Rashtrapati Bhavan Museum Complex. In the same circuit, you can get a tour of the Clock Tower, the Stables, and the Garages. The third circuit has the magnificent Mughal Garden and other ancillary gardens of the Rashtrapati Bhavan. Tourists can request a trip of each of the circuits separately on the days assigned for each segment respectively for daytime visits from 9 AM to 4 PM. There is much to take in and marvel at around the complex-- the intricate craftsmanship of carved marble statues, the sprawling Mughal Gardens featuring masterful landscaping concepts, the Clock Tower, and a myriad of presidential mementos preserved inside the Museum. Upon exit, you can explore the premier surroundings of this important historical site, often called as the ‘Lutyens Delhi’.