Famous as the abode of the mythical demon Ravana, Sri Lanka is a treasure-trove of history, culture, spirituality, adventure, and biodiversity.
The topography varies from pristine beaches to majestic hills blanketed by verdant green plantations. The country is home to an incredible variety of wildlife. And the friendliness of the locals caps the attraction of this beautiful tropical paradise.
The Teardrop of India offers myriad tourist attractions, and the 4-days' Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages cover the major destinations. However, a 6 days 5 nights honeymoon will let you savor the delights at a relaxed pace and enjoy each other's company at leisure.
Sri Lanka offers an abundance of natural splendor adored by honeymooners. Soothed by the balmy sea breezes, you can enjoy lazy sunbathing, watch vivid sunsets, or stargaze with your loved one on the beaches. Sharing the ecstasies of surfing and diving with your life partner fosters bonding.
Romantic hikes followed by quiet moments sipping the exotic Ceylon tea with your spouse induce pure bliss. You can offer prayers for a happy marriage at the notable Buddhist shrines. And specially planned Sri Lanka Honeymoon Tour Packages pamper honeymooners with every indulgence for kindling their romance.
Sinhalese is the official language, but Tamil and English are also spoken in Sri Lanka.
Yes, a passport with at least six months' validity is a requisite, along with Visa. However, Indian passport holders can easily get e-Visa for Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka is exceptionally affordable with several budget accommodations and delicious, pocket-friendly street food options. Moreover, Sri Lanka honeymoon packages starting from only Rs. 17,500 per adult makes the destination particularly inexpensive.
Sri Lanka is very safe for every kind of traveler. The people are friendly and welcoming. Attacks against travelers are uncommon. However, as with any other destination, it is advisable to stay alert and avoid unnecessary risks.
Keep your valuables away from public view, carry all your emergency medications, and eat at busy restaurants where food is turned over rapidly. Also, booking honeymoon packages of Sri Lanka from a reputed company like Thrillophilia provides complete peace of mind about the safety of accommodations and transportation.
1. Windsurfing: The exhilaration of riding over the waves, balancing yourself over the surfboard, navigating the sail through sheer physical stamina, with the wind whipping across your face, is beyond comparison. If you are a beginner, you can enroll for a course at the sailing clubs and experience the magic of windsurfing in Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages.
2. White Water Rafting in Kitulgala: Scaling grade three rapids in the Kelani River provides the ultimate thrill of whitewater rafting. Both novices and veterans can indulge in this challenging adventure sport under the supervision of professional river guides.
3. Caving: Also known as speleology, this unusual adventure involves exploration of the cave systems in Sri Lanka. You will pick your way around the stalactites and stalagmites, encounter nocturnal animals, learn how to survey and map the caves, and get the chance to snap incredible pictures of the interiors.
4. Jet skiing: Feel the ecstasy of coursing through the ocean at the speed of the wind, let your adrenaline scour through your veins, heart-beat soaring, as you surf around with flamboyant style. After the capable coaching under experienced guides and wearing the protection of safety-gear, the activity becomes completely safe for travelers.
- Kottu Roti: You should not miss this mildly spiced street food in Sri Lanka, made of a flat, crispy bread, fried, chopped, and served with ingredients of your choice.
- Hoppers: A fermented batter of rice flour and coconut milk is fried into a thin bowl-shaped pancake. It is often served with fried eggs garnished with onions, chilies, and lemon juice.
Sri Lanka has a vibrant nightlife with several glitzy nightclubs and happening pubs. Colombo, Galle, Kandy, Hikkaduwa, and other significant cities boast of the most stylish bars and pubs serving refreshing drinks. Themed bars, sports clubs, beach bars, lounge bars, karaoke bars, whatever your preference, you are sure to find it here. Featuring palatable food, live music, and other entertainment gigs, these hangouts provide a chilled-out environment for spending some lively moments with your loved ones.
If you want to try out your luck, Bally's Casino, the largest casino in Sri Lanka, is the place to be. Otherwise, you can dance the night away at the floating discotheque in Bentota or at the pulsating beach parties in Colombo, Hikkaduwa, or Unawatuna.
You can also try out a street food tour with an English-speaking local guide and taste some of the most popular food items of Sri Lanka. Delight your taste buds with Kothu, egg hoppers, wade, fruit pickles, and other snacks, refresh yourself with King coconut drink, and experience the local culture.
You can also relish a BBQ dinner with drinks in a Colombo countryside house and interact with the locals to experience something different from the run-of-the-mill pub-hopping.
1. Bentota: Located 65 km from Colombo, Bentota beach dazzles you with the turquoise Indian Ocean's view crashing against the golden sands. This beach also offers countless options in adventure sports and the chance to observe fascinating baby turtles at the turtle hatchery.
2. Arugam Bay: Break free from the humdrum routine with the adrenaline rush of surfing at this beach located 320 km from Colombo. You can also visit the Kumana National Park, famous for its bird population.
3. Unawatuna: Once famous as the world's best beach as declared by Discovery Channel, this is the ideal gateway for the novel experience of watching Blue Whales, Humpback Whales and sharks. You can also view the enthralling underwater life with diving or snorkeling expeditions.
4. Weligama: Go off the grid and find peaceful solitude with your new partner in this serene beach ideal for romantic dates. Relatively traffic-free, this quaint region is adorned with villas with unique mal lali wooden ornamentation.
5. Mount Lavinia: More liberal than other beach areas, the beaches of Mount Lavinia, situated only 12 km from Colombo, are easy to reach yet unspoiled by industrialization. Lively nightlife and the wonderful scuba-diving site Barracuda Reef are some of the notable attractions here.
1. Sinharaja Forest Reserve: The last remains of primary tropical rainforest in Sri Lanka, it is a living UNESCO heritage site. This hotspot of biodiversity is often shrouded in rainclouds and offers breathtaking views of the endemic fauna.
2. Wasgamuwa National Park: Home to numerous mammals and exotic birds and lush vegetation, this lowland national park is renowned for its elephants and the endemic purple-faced langurs. If you are lucky, you can also spot leopards.
3. Yala National Park: A nature lover's haven, this national park is renowned for leopard and sloth bear sightings. Some remnants of ancient civilizations remain, providing insights into the aboriginal cultures.
4. Kitulgala Forest Reserve: Camping amidst the rainforest at Kitulgala lets couples experience nature at close quarters during Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages. Awaken with the chirping of birds. Try out jungle walks, mountain biking, river trips, and more and close an adventurous day with flavorsome barbeque dinners at the campsite.
5. Udawalawe National Park: Providing the most animal-friendly means to interact with elephants during Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages, the Elephant Transit Home here houses 25 orphaned baby elephants. The babies are bottle-fed in this elephant orphanage, reared lovingly, and released into the wilderness when they gain maturity.