ATV rides in India is a fairly offbeat adventure activity that gratifies your adrenaline needs. An All-Terrain-Vehicle a.k.a the ATV is an open-air motorized off-highway vehicle, that is designed to travel on three and sometimes four low-pressure tyres. It has a seat in the middle where the rider sits and steers or controls the handlebars, Also known as a quad bike, this one’s mainly used for off-roading or dirt biking activities. If you’re someone who feels that life’s all about taking the road not taken, and pushing your limits, then an ATV might just be what you need. The best part? You do not need any former experience as riding an ATV is safe for beginners and experts alike.
These rides were first introduced by Suzuki in 1982, and have gained popularity across the world ever since then. ATV rides in India are now a major adventure attraction. We’ve done the legwork for you and shortlisted a few places across the country that offer this activity. So if you’re a thrill-seeker, and want to hit the road a bit differently while travelling, consider hopping into an ATV and let the adventure unfold!
People Also Ask About ATV Ride in India
Which are the best places for ATV rides in India?
1. Jaipur: ATV bike rides in Jaipur not just offer picturesque views, but make your off-roading experience worthwhile. This 30-minute activity is supervised and monitored by professionals, who also offer training to you before you take this up. Depending upon the package you opt for, some also offer you a rejuvenating welcome drink to beat the Jaipuri heat. Drink that up and bash some sand dunes while you cover 4 to 5 kilometers on that beautiful monster of the bike and experience the unlimited thrill. ATV in India is incomplete without riding once in the vastness of the Thar desert.
Price: INR 550/950 onward
2. Manali: Manali’s rocky terrains that encompass the Beas river, and the forest cover in abundance provides for great spots for riding. Ride your ATV through forest trails and witness the rich flora and fauna of Manali. Professionals here will provide you a thorough training session before you embark on this thrilling adventure. And you will also be given all the safety gear that includes gloves, jacket, and helmet. The 6 to 15 kilometer ride through the trails will last for approx. 90 minutes, and this will be one of those ATV rides in India that you will cherish forever. So shred all the fears and let the adventure begin in the Himalayan land!
Location: Solang Valley
Price: INR 2,500 onward
3. Goa: Nothing like enjoying ATV in India if you haven’t gone for a ride in the Goan land. The hippie and adventurous vibe of this place make you want to indulge in high-octane sports like an ATV ride. Goa’s Mandrem Beach and some areas in Panjim are popular spots for ATV rides. Mandrem is a north-Goan beach that has a never-ending shoreline and a pristine vibe to it. Goa is known to offer relatively economical rides for approx. 1 hour, and the price includes safety gear like a jacket, helmet, goggles, gloves, training from an expert. Some may also offer complimentary photos/videos, as well as a kayaking ride.
Location: Anjuna Beach
Price: INR 400 onward
4. Ooty: The peaceful and pleasant climate of Ooty makes it one of the best destinations for camping and adventure activities. There are many camping sites in this hill station that provide ATV in India as a part of their camping packages. With spectacular views of the Nilgiri hills, these campsites provide thrilling ATV rides, bonfire, meals, board games, bird watching, stargazing, and more. So it’s a complete adventure package, and also the best way to explore the beauty of Ooty in its truest sense. While you feel at peace, also give your inner adventurous soul to experience some adrenaline rush through the ATV rides.
Location: Upper Thalayathimund, Ooty, Tamil Nadu- 643002
Price: INR 1,350 onward
5. Coorg: The serenity of Coorg is unmatchable, and riding on an ATV through Coorgi roads, while passing through coffee plantations, is like finding true bliss amidst the adventure. Depending upon the type of package you opt for, you get approx. 15 to 30 minutes of an adrenaline-pumping experience during the ATV rides in Coorg. This quaint hill station in Karnataka offers great landscapes and while you ride, you will be passing by lush green forest covers and mountains. The professionals there will give you proper training and provide you with all the safety gear before you start the ride of the lifetime.
Location: Kushalnagar, Coorg, Karnataka- 571234
Price: INR 360/400 onward
6. Yelagiri: Yelagiri is a tiny hill station in Tamil Nadu that’s surrounded by rose gardens, orchards and green valleys. When you’re here, indulge in some thrilling adventure ATV rides with the local groups. They offer all the requisite training and safety gear for you to have a seamless heart-pounding experience that you’ll cherish for a lifetime. Their natural ATV ride tracks offer one of the most pleasant experiences when compared to all ATV rides in India. They are about 1 kilometre long, and every vehicle is thoroughly checked before each ride.
Price: INR 400 onward
7. Jabalpur: Jabalpur’s vast green spaces and historic landscapes make ATV rides adventurous yet peaceful. And with the mighty Narmada river flowing through the city, the beauty quotient only enhances. You can either go just for ATV ride or opt this in a complete package. Their full adventure package includes camping overnight, along with activities like ATV rides, ziplining, burma bridge crossing, and more. And you can also opt for just the 2 kilometre ATV rides that last for around 20 minutes, and take place in areas like Bhedaghat, Bargi Dam, Payli, and more such pretty places.
Price: INR 2,000 onward
8. Jaisalmer: Riding through sand dunes, or rather bashing some dunes with your ATV has a different thrill altogether. And nothing like an ATV ride in the deserts of Jaisalmer. Local quad biking groups here take you through the deserts, while also providing meals, refreshments, and a camel ride on the desert. The best part is that these ATV rides here last for as long as 1 whole hour. So grab this opportunity of riding through the golden dunes of the Thar desert, the next time you visit Jaisalmer. Because Rajasthan really ups its game to provide some of the best ATV rides in India.
Location: Sam Sand Dunes, Jaisalmer
Price: INR 1,349 onward
9. Rameshwaram: Riding on the beach may seem like a strenuous task but with sunset hues against the backdrop and the soft sea breeze, ATV in India become fun and picturesque. Rameshwaram offers ATV rides on the Dhanushkodi beach and makes the experience worthwhile for you. Dhanushkodi also has a bridge which is said to be built by Lord Rama to go to Lanka (which is modern-day Sri Lanka). The duration of the rides is often customizable in Rameshwaram.
Location: Dhanushkodi beach, Rameswaram-Dhanushkodi Road, Dhanushkodi, Tamil Nadu- 623526
Price: INR 500 onward
10. Lonavala: Lonavala is the most popular getaway in Maharashtra and is flocked by many tourists for adventure activities like ATV in India. If you’re doing the ride from Lonavala, you might as well do it from the best place. Places like Della Adventure Resort have a permanent dirt track inside their resort on E Zone, where you can ride different kinds of ATV bikes. In our opinion, go for the ATV 200CC Polaris and show off that off-roading skill in style. Even though the rides last nearly 10 minutes, this adrenaline-charged experience in Della’s 250 metre dirt track is worth it.
Location: Kunegaon, Lonavala, Maharashtra- 410 401
Price: INR 2,500 onward for unlimited access to all adventure activities inside the park
11. Gulmarg: Gulmarg is known worldwide for its skiing grounds. Now imagine riding an ATV through the snow-clad roads. Turn your imagination into reality by signing up with local tour groups that enable you to ride ATVs from Gulmarg to Kungdoori via a forest road for around 30 minutes and sometimes 1 whole hour too. You will cover a 12 to 14 kilometre long stretch and also get to witness some sightseeing spots like a strawberry valley, a golf club, the heritage Maharaja palace and much more.
Price: INR 1,400 onward
12. Nubra Valley: Nubra Valley is one of Ladakh’s gifts to India. And quad biking a.k.a ATV riding on the cold desert of the Nubra sand dunes is a different kind of thrill altogether. Marvel at the natural beauty of the place, while you meander through the criss-cross roads of Nubra. Different packages offer different ride times ranging from 20 to 40 minutes, at economical pricing, and offer all the safety gear for you, along with refreshments.
Price: INR 1,099 onward
13. Pondicherry: Another beach town in our country, Pondicherry offers a very different and soothing landscape for ATV riding. Apart from exploring the ashrams and beaches in this French colony, go for some real off-roading adventure with Pondicherry’s 8X8 ATVs. Riding them will make you feel like you’re an Incredible Hulk as you ride through the rocky terrains of the natural cliffs and ATV tracks the place is blessed with. ATV rides or Quad biking packages generally include safety gear, along with refreshments. Inclusions vary as per the group you’re opting for.
Price: INR 1,000 onward
Built in 1974, Kabini Dam situated in Mysore, is constructed on its namesake river, River Kabini, which is a tributary of the River Kaveri. The dam is considered an engineering marvel of South West India, which is why it tops the list of places to visit in Kabini. The dam’s vast reservoir is a significant source of water for at least 20 villages in the state of Karnataka. The picturesque surroundings lined with trees and crystal clear waters flowing gently, make this reservoir ideal picnic spot with friends and family. You’re also sure to spot vibrant flora, birds fluttering around, and animals walking in the forests beyond as you immerse yourself in a memorable experience!Price: FreeTimings: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
If you are looking for some thrills in Alwar, visiting its “most haunted place” is the best way to fulfil the desire. Bhangarh Fort, on the border of the Sariska Tiger Reserve, has long held its spooky reputation. Though it is a well-preserved fort, the ‘supernatural’ occurrences that seem to occur within its premises tend to ward off many people. If you are eager to explore Alwar in all its facets, haunted and otherwise, a visit to this fort is a must. Do it while the light lasts, since ghosts are said to hang out here at night. Though spooky, Bhangarh Fort is one of the best places to visit in Alwar for some unique memories. Timings: 6 am to 6 pmLocation: Gola ka baas, Rajgarh Tehsil, Alwar, Bhangarh, Rajasthan 301410
Heaven is found simply off the bank of terrain Karnataka – and it is called Gokarna Beach. One of the concealed pearls of India, the seashore is known for the wide extended white sand and peaceful waters. This is an ideal family get-away setting, which brags beachside picnics and water sports, is likewise home to comfortable shacks and radiant rental cottages.With so much to see and do, it is going to be really hard to lie idle on Gokarna beach. Hit the beach with buckets and shovels to build that perfect sand-castle of your dreams. Or, stroll the beach in the evening to soak in the majestic view of Arabian sea. Likewise, this is an extraordinary spot to spread out the family's seashore cover and love the ideal opportunity for the afternoon. Remember to swing by the exciting water sports accessible at Gokarna beach. With remote beach escapes, family-accommodating shores, and ideal for sand-château building, Gokarna beach guarantees fun frolic to every style of the guest. Peruse through the subtleties and activities about the Gokarna beach!