Activities to Do in FranceWatch the Sunset from the Eiffel Tower, Take a Seine River Cruise, Stroll through the Charming Old Quarters of Paris, Make a Pilgrimage to Mont Saint-Michel, Discover the Charm of Artists' Villages in Provence and many more.
Wondering about the things to do in France? Well, take out your bucket-list and get ready to cross off most of the items here. France boasts of cultural diversity, historical landmarks, and adventurous activities. It caters to the taste of different individuals with equal grace. For instance, if you love experiencing different cultures, you can visit the Château de Versailles or spend an evening at Haut-Vaucluse.
However, if you are a nature lover and simply want to soak in the ethereal beauty of it, then opting for a cruise on River Seine will appease you. Moreover, you can also explore the various quaint medieval villages in Provence. It is one of the most marvelous activities to do in France.
Are you an adventure fanatic and love thrill? Then, France will not disappoint you. Here, you can partake in horse riding and trot through the gorgeous landscapes. Moreover, you can also opt for surfing, skiing, and skiing in the French Alps. Shopping, tasting the local dishes, and visiting the different cathedrals are some activities that you just cannot miss out on in France. Regardless of your desire upon your return, you will find that France has left you with memories of a lifetime.
People Also Ask About France Things To Do
What are the best activities to do in France?1. Watch the Sunset from the Eiffel Tower: A French trip without a visit to the enigmatic Eiffel Tower is incomplete. One of the best things to do in France is to visit the monument late afternoon. As you go up the levels, you can witness the panoramic beauty of the setting sun. The view of the entire city from the top amidst the amber hues will definitely make your trip worthwhile.
- Location:Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France, 75007 Paris, France
- Timings:9:30 – 23:45 (from 1st June to1st September) and 10:30 – 18:30 (rest of the months)
Click Here To Book: Eiffel Tower Tickets
2. Take a Seine River Cruise: Wondering what to do in France? You can gape in awe at the architectural beauty of several monuments while cruising through the Seine River. Here, you can admire the magnificent Louvre, the charming Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Place de la Concorde, and much more. Moreover, if you opt for the night cruise, the illumination of lights in the various structures and monuments has an ethereal effect that will leave you awestruck, and you can also choose from a variety of boat tours.
- Price:Staring from €10 per person to more than €200
Click Here To Book: Seine River Dinner Cruise
3. Stroll through the Charming Old Quarters of Paris: One of the must-do things in France is to take a leisurely self-guided stroll of the charming neighborhoods of Paris. Here, you can start with the Latin Quarter and then extend the exploration to the Île Saint-Louis. If you are a book lover, then the numerous bookshops and charming boutiques in the Latin Quarter will mesmerize you. Then, you can traverse the Petit Pont Bridge and visit the revered Notre-Dame Cathedral in Île de la Cité, and after soaking up the medieval charm of Île Saint-Louis, you can visit Le Marais.
4. Make a Pilgrimage to Mont Saint-Michel: Nicknamed as the “Pyramid of the Seas”, the Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel is one of the most revered holy sites for devout Christians. Upon reaching the chapel, the 11-13th century architectural charm will take your breath away. Tourists walk by foot on the Chemins du Mont-Saint-Michel to reach the abbey, and you can hear the harmonious melodies from the Fraternités Monastiques de Jérusalem. It is one of the best France things to do.
- Location:Normandy, France
- Timings:9:30 am – 6 pm (September to April), and 9 am – 7 pm (May to August)
- Price:€10 per adult
5. Discover the Charm of Artists' Villages in Provence: Exploring the gorgeous landscapes of the quaint villages of the Provence is one of the most exciting things to do in France. You can visit Saint-Paul de Vence, one of the popular hilltop towns among artists, and be awed by the sheer natural beauty that encases this place. Moreover, you can also explore Vence, Biot, and Saint-Rémy de Provence while admiring the picturesque beauty around. All these quaint towns inspired numerous painters and architects, including Picasso, Fernand Léger, Vincent Van Gogh, Paul Signac, Marc Chagall, and many more.
6. Attend the Royal Serenade at the Château de Versailles: If you are eager to get a glimpse into the world of the French aristocrat and the royal court, then watching the royal serenade will be one of the most intriguing activities to do in France. Through the serenade, you will observe the scenery of a 17th-century court complimented with costumes, dancing, and music of that bygone era. The soirée takes place at the extravagant Hall of Mirrors and is guaranteed to give you unforgettable memories for a lifetime.
- Location:Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles, France
- Price:Starts from €40
Also Checkout & Book: Versailles Tickets
7. Learn to Cook Classic French Cuisine in Burgundy: Enlisted in the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage title, Burgundy is the epitome of the Gallic culture and boasts of various culinary classes and workshops. Though France boasts of different culinary styles, nothing beats Burgundy when it comes to the preparation of some of the most traditional dishes such as Boeuf Bourguignon, escargot, Coq au Vin, etc. From shopping for ingredients in the local markets to preparing it with professionals, undertaking classic French cuisines is undoubtedly one of the most thrilling activities to do in France.
8. Bike around Bordeaux: Boasting of scenic biking routes that entail quaint medieval villages, opulent castles and lush hills covered with vines, biking around Bordeaux is one of the must-do things in France. Some of the most popular routes include the famous Roger Lapebie route, Bordeaux to Margaux, Bordeaux to Saint-Émilion, Bordeaux to the Château de Rauzan, etc. Irrespective of the route you choose, you will witness the unadulterated beauty of nature along the path with exciting end-points that will make your trip more memorable.
- Location:Gironde département, Nouvelle-Aquitaine region, southwestern France
- Price:Staring from €14 per day (depends on the cycle type)
9. Experience a Candlelit Evening at Château Vaux-le-Vicomte: Want to romance your partner with a candlelit evening followed by a gourmet meal and fireworks? Opting for a candlelit evening at Château Vaux-le-Vicomte is one of the most romantic France things to do with your partner. Here, you can explore the interior of this enrapturing château, stroll through the gardens with your beloved, gaze at the 2000 lit candles and enjoy the warm ambiance while having a delectable cuisine at the restaurant and watching the mesmerizing fireworks.
- Location:Maincy, France
- Timings:7pm – 11pm
- Price:€20 per adult
10. Be Inspired at the Chartres Cathedral Organ Festival: If you plan your trip as per the Festival International d'Orgue, the inspiring music that you will hear at Chartres Cathedral will soothe your soul. With a wide range of performers appearing from different parts of the world, attending organ concerts is one of the most awe-inspiring things to do in France. The sacred music spanning through numerous centuries and depictions of different musical movements will delight you to a great extent.
- Location:16 Cloître Notre Dame, 28000 Chartres, France
- Timings:Every Sunday from July to September
11. Enjoy Summer Outdoor Performances in Haut-Vaucluse: The ancient theater in the enigmatic Haut-Vaucluse hosts numerous cultural festivals throughout the year including Les Chorégies d'Orange, the Vaison Danses festival, Théâtre du Nymphée and many more. These festivals celebrate the diverse culture of France and offer performances ranging from enrapturing operas, modern dance forms, fantastic comedies, to magnificent period dramas. With exceptional artists performing grant acts and the balmy weather under the open starry night, it is one of the most romantic things to do in France with your beloved. Moreover, you can also explore other avenues for a cultural experience in Vaison-la-Romaine.
- Location:Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, southeastern France
12. Study Art at Monet's Gardens in Giverny: If you have an artistic streak, you can seek enrollment in the painting workshops conducted by talented artists in Monet's Garden. With such beauty of nature all around, painting and capturing beautiful moments in frames here is one of the most soothing things to do in France. The blooming season of May and June makes the garden even more radiant and aids artists hone their talents with ease.
- Location:84 Rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny, France
- Timings:10 am – 6 pm (1st April – 1st November)
13. Ski in the French Alps: With challenging ski slopes, stunning alpine scenery, and rustic mountain villages, the French Alps is one of the most desirable skiing destinations. If you love adventure and can bear the cold temperatures with ease, then skiing is one of the most thrill-inducing activities to do in France. There are numerous world-class ski resorts such as the globally-famous Chamonix-Mont Blanc, Courchevel resort, etc. that provide a ton of services, luxurious accommodation, and a glimpse of the panoramic beauty of nature around.
- Location:Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur and Rhône-Alpes regions, South east France
14. Go Sailing in Saint-Tropez: Located along the marvelous French Riviera, the magnificent town of Saint-Tropez is known for its harbor full of yachts, sailboats, and motorboats. If you have a love for water and exhibit a passion for adventure, sailing in Saint-Tropez is one of the most exciting activities to do in France. You can embark on this exhilarating journey and admire the ethereal beauty of nature amidst the deep blue hue of the Mediterranean Sea, along with making some unforgettable memories.
- Location:Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, south eastern France
15. Attend the Summer Festival in Carcassonne: Festival de Carcassonne, organized during the July month of every year, transforms the quaint medieval town of Carcassonne into a diverse cultural hotspot. If you truly want to experience arts, music, and dance, then booking tickets for the various venues will make attending the summer festival one of the best things to do in France. Here, you can admire the artistic talents of renowned international and local artists performing classical music, folk music, opera, rock, dance shows, theater, and much more.
- Location:Aude département, Occitanie region, southwestern France
- Timings:6th – 31st July 2021
Which are the best places to visit in France?
1. Paris: Elegance, architectural brilliance, and old-world charm prevail in the most popular city of France, Paris. One of the most adventurous things to do in France is to take a tour of the mesmerizing Eiffel Tower.
Click Here To Book: Paris City Pass
2. Côte d'Azur: Stretching from Saint-Tropez to Menton, the mesmerizing coastline gets its name from the azure blue waters of the Mediterranean Sea. Here, you will find numerous art museums, boulevards, gourmet restaurants, and much more.
3. Reims: Boasting of three UNESCO World Heritage Sites, visiting the city of Reims is one of the most exciting things to do in France. Here, you must visit the Basilique Saint-Rémi, Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Reims and Palais du Tau.
4. Alsace: The Alsace region boasts of numerous quaint Alsatian hamlets that emanate the old-world charm that is difficult to find elsewhere. One of the best things to do in France is to explore the enticing villages of Hunawihr, Ribeauvillé, etc.
What are the best adventure activities to do in France?
1. Horse Riding: The best way to explore the wilderness and authentic beauty of the Provence is to trot your horse through the olive groves, beaches, vineyards, and the stunning Loire Valley châteaux. With well-developed equestrian centers, you can have the adventure of a lifetime.
2. Skydiving: Want to experience the adrenaline rush of viewing the landscape below from the bird’s view? You can partake in skydiving, one of the most adventure-inducing activities to do in France.
3. Surfing: With spectacular coastlines comes the opportunity to indulge in one of the most adventurous water sports, surfing. For this, you can visit the town of Brittany or Biarritz and enjoy the strong currents of waves.
4. Gorge Scrambling: One of the most recent thrilling activities to do in France is to opt for gorge scrambling at the Millevaches National Park. Here, you can climb up the magnificent waterfall while leaping over boulders and admiring the breathtaking beauty of nature.
Which are the best places for shopping in France?
1. Triangle D’or: Consisting of Rue François 1er, Avenue George V, and Avenue Montaigne, one of the most exciting things to do in France is to indulge your inner shopaholic. Here, you can purchase designer items from a wide range of top-rated fashion brands.
2. Boulevard Saint Germain: Home to a wide range of items and brands, visiting the Boulevard Saint Germain is one of the best things to do in France for a satisfying shopping experience. You can shop from high-end clothing items to sophisticated home décor items.
3. Le Marais: Famous for vintage shops and classic boutiques, Le Marais is one of the liveliest places to shop in Paris. Apart from shopping, you can also taste the sumptuous local cuisine here.
4. Montmartre: When it comes to the display of vintage, ancient and antique products, a visit to Montmartre is a must. One of the best things to do in France is to shop for handmade goods, vintage outfits, and antique furniture here.
Click Here To Book: Petit Train De Montmartre
What is the best time to visit France?
The best time to visit France is during the spring, summer, and fall seasons. These include months between April and October. Mild temperature and overall pleasant weather are prevalent during these months.
What is famous in France?
Cultural diversity, unique charm, and historic monuments make France famous across the globe. Moreover, it is also the epicenter for shopping and boasts of some of the most well-known wineries. Here, every nook and corner weaves fascinating tales.
Is France worth visiting?
Yes, France is definitely worth visiting. With magnificent beaches, iconic monuments, and delectable cuisine, France satisfies the traveling spirit of different people. Here, you can admire the picturesque beauty of nature while also partaking in various adventurous activities.
Is France safe?
Yes, France is relatively safe. It ranked the 66th position in a list of 163 nations in the Global Peace Index 2020. However, petty crimes and common nuisances are unavoidable. That is why it is vital for travelers to move in groups and stay away from local fights.
How many days do you need in France?
To explore the various areas in France, you will need at least ten days. However, you can always extend the trip duration to enjoy the different places even more.
Which are the best Europe tour packages?Here is the list of best Europe tour packages:
- Spain Holiday Trip Packages
- Europe Holiday Tours
- Greece Packages
- Paris Tours
- Switzerland Packages
- Italy Holiday Tour Packages
- Netherlands Tour Packages
- Turkey Holiday Trips
- Istanbul Trips
- France Holiday Tour Packages
- Amsterdam Tour Packages
- Germany Packages
Which are the best Eiffel Tower Tours to book from Thrillophilia?Here is the list of best Eiffel Tower Tours to book from Thrillophilia:
Which are the some of the best Paris attraction tickets that I can book at Thrillophilia?
Which are the best Europe honeymoon packages?Here is the list of best Europe honeymoon packages:
- Spain Honeymoon Packages
- Europe Honeymoon Tour Packages
- Greece Honeymoon Trip Packages
- Paris Honeymoon Tour Packages
- Amsterdam Honeymoon Packages
- Italy Honeymoon Packages
- France Honeymoon Packages
- Turkey Honeymoon Packages
- Switzerland Honeymoon Packages
Which are some of the best Paris city tours to book from Thrillophilia?Here is the list of best Paris city tours to book from Thrillophilia: