1. Take an Excursion to Zurich Lake: Bask in the views of Zurich Lake when you are there to take home some resplendent memories of the city. Zurich Lake is a place which is always bustling with activities and you can enjoy bathing in the clear waters, sailing, water sports or a quiet picnic in some corner of the lake. One of the most amazing things to do in Zurich is take a boat tour around the lake and then dine at a lake view restaurant to relish Swish delicacies.
Location: Zurich Lake, Zurich, Switzerland
Timings: No timings
2. Go on Hiking at Uetliberg Mountain: Known for its hiking paths and superb aerial views, Uetliberg mountain offers a number of thrilling activities to do in Zurich. The mountain is located in the Swiss plateau and can be reached by train. Some of the popular activities to enjoy here include biking and paragliding along with enjoying the 360-degree view of the city during night.
Location: Uetliberg, Southwest of Zurich, Switzerland
3. Know about History at Old Town: Take a step down the lanes of history by taking a walking tour of Old town in Zurich. It is one of the spots in Zurich which is bustling with cultural activities and also offers a number of clubs and shopping places. This is a place in Zurich where you can appreciate the historic architecture and stroll along the cobblestone alleys. Whether you pass by the quaint coffee shops of Niederdorf or come across some cultural activity at Fraumunster, visiting Old Town promises to go down as one of the best things to do in Zurich with family.
Location: Old Town, Zurich, Switzerland
4. Enjoy a Serene Escape at Lindenhof: If you are looking for some relaxing things to do in Zurich then enjoying some quiet time at Lindenhof is a wonderful way to make the most of your Zurich holiday. Lindenhof was a centre spot for many historic events in Zurich and now a major tourist spot in the Old Town of Zurich famed for its Roman ruins. It is one of the best recreational spots where you can enjoy a laid-back day with a picnic and appreciate the calm green surroundings of the place.
Location: At the top of Fortunagasse, Zurich, Switzerland
5. Indulge your Curious Mind at the Museum of Art: Known as Kunsthaus Zurich, this place is a bustling collection of modern art from the 13th century by Edvard Munch to Alberto Giacometti. A must visit for art lovers, Museum of Art in Zurich also keeps hosting exhibitions and events along with having a stunning art gallery. Some of the most popular works of art which you can find here are Vincent van Gogh's "Self Portrait with Bandaged Ear" and Andy Warhol's "Big Torn Campbell's Soup Can."
Location: Kunsthaus Zürich, Heimplatz 1, 8001 Zürich
Price: 23 Swiss Francs
Timings: Tues, Fri–Sun 10 a.m.–6 p.m. Wed, Thurs 10 a.m.–8 p.m. (Mondays closed)
6. Visit Zurich Zoo: Considered as one of the best zoos in Europe, visiting Zoo Zurich is one of the most recommended activities to do in Zurich for wildlife lovers. It boasts of having more than 340 animal species and is known for its conservation initiatives for wildlife. The zoo is acclaimed for keeping the animals in their near natural habitat by creating ecosystems like the Masoala Rainforest and South American grasslands.
Location: Zoo Zurich, Zürichbergstrasse 221, 8044 Zürich, Switzerland
Price: Adults-CHF 26 and Children-CHF 13
Timings: 9 am–5 pm
7. Take a Cruise on the Limmat: Soak yourself in the picturesque views of Zurich while enjoying the Limmat cruise on your holiday. One of the most exciting things to do in Zurich, Limmat cruise takes you from the National Museum to Lake Zurich as you get to see the numerous sights on the way through the glass roofs of the boat. The boat tour lasts for about 1 hour and offers some of the most amazing views of Zurich.
Location: Schiffsteg Bürkliplatz, Zürich, Switzerland
Price: CHF 4.4
Timings: 8 am–5:30 pm
8. Have a Shopping Spree at Bahnhofstrasse: One of the most shopping avenues in the world, Bahnhofstrasse is a place where you can empty your pockets and still not be satisfied with your spoils. This shopping boulevard is lined up with multiple boutiques, departmental stores and other famous places where everyone can find something or the other for themselves. Moreover, the visitors here can enjoy a stroll along with their shopping and indulge in a cup of hot chocolate or a glass of mulled wine to call it a day in Zurich.
Location: Bahnhofstrasse 8001 Zürich
9. Attend an Event at the Zurich Opera House: From Mozart to Beethoven, Zurich Opera House is a hotspot of cultural events. Zurich Opera House is a place where you can catch multiple concerts, opera and ballet events featuring internationally acclaimed artists like Cecilia Bartoli, Diana Damrau, Joyce DiDonato, Anna Netrebko, Emily Magee, Nina Stemme, Stephen Gould etc. For its cultural events, Zurich Opera House was also awarded the Best Opera Company of the year in 2014.
Location: Falkenstrasse 1, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland
10. Take a Trip to the Chocolate Factory: One of the unmissable activities to do in Zurich is to witness how world-famous chocolates are made in the city. This is a guided tour where you get to visit the chocolate factories and see the production process from beginning to end. Along with learning how delicious chocolates are made, this activity also allows you to snack on the chocolates and indulge in a delicious cup of hot chocolate.
Location: Maestrani’s Chocolarium, Toggenburgerstrasse 41 9230, Flawil, SG
Price: 15 – 25 people CHF 14 (with guide); CHF 10 (without guide)
Timings: Varies every day