Every city has something unique and exclusive to offer be it the day or any night-time adventures. And the same goes for the Nightlife in Udaipur. The ‘City of Lakes’ in Rajasthan is one of the crowned jewels for tourism and with a varying crowd visiting and exploring the city each day, there are just as many experiences too.
Starting with the traditional side of Udaipur at night, there are many light and sound shows worth attending at places like Kumbhalgarh Fort, City Palace and Monsoon Palace. Such theatrics are great to delve deeper or know a little something about the city’s heritage and royal history. Apart from that, the many natural and artificially carved lakes that so fondly give the city its identity are also spots to catch sight of the setting sun, go for evening boat cruises and dine at the lakeside restaurants, especially when vacationing with your boo.
On the other hand, you can also be at the Doodh Talai Musical Garden to attend a dulcet eve with friends, families and partners. Go on a shopping spree at the traditional markets, or opt for the more mainstream options like drinking and dancing at the local pubs and clubs - Brewz Rock Cafe, the Winos, etc. to make the most of your getaway in Udaipur.
People Also Ask About Nightlife in Udaipur
Which are best places to visit in Udaipur at night?
1. City Palace: One of the best ways to enjoy your time in Udaipur at night is by going for a City Palace evening tour. Walk around the marvellous architecture of the courtyards and garden, halls and the museum. By the end of the tour, you can attend the light and sound show that is held from 7:00 pm onwards every day.
2. Bagore Ki Haveli: This is a cultural museum and an event venue where traditional folk music and dance performances are organized regularly. If you wish to be a part of the regional nightlife in Udaipur, Bagore ki Haveli is just the place for that. Take a tour around here before settling in for a fun and energetic Dharohar Dance Show.
3. Doodh Talai Musical Garden: Situated on the banks of Lake Pichola, Doodh Talai Musical Garden is a prominent point of interest, especially to have a nightlife in Udaipur experience. It is a rock and fountain garden that displays a synchronized show using lights, the fountain and music. The spot is great for picnics during the day and romantic dinners at night.
4. Lake Pichola: Built in 1326 AD, this is an artificial and the largest freshwater lake in Udaipur. Housed on the calm waters are 4 islands, of which you can take a tour. The surreal and photogenic surroundings of Lake Pichola are some of the finest in the city, which can be best enjoyed with a sunset boat cruise, followed by a filling dinner at any of the lakefront restaurants.
5. Sajjangarh Palace: Also known as the Monsoon Palace, Sajjangarh is situated atop a hill and is a royal residence. The Palace is among the many architectural masterpieces of Udaipur that looks exceptionally beautiful at night when illuminated with bright lights. From the elevated level, one can also enjoy clear and panoramic views of the entire city, especially the evening lit-up cityscape.
6. Badi Lake: This is another example of an artificial lake built around the 17th-century in Udaipur. Badi Lake is also known as Tiger Lake and is an infamous spot to enjoy treks and other water-sport activities among locals and tourists. You can come here earlier in the day and stay till late evening hours admiring and soaking in the natural beauty and/or exploring the recreational adventures.
7. Kumbhalgarh Fort: Located about 65 kilometres away from Udaipur, the Kumbhalgarh Fort dominates the Kumbhalgarh town’s skyline. It is a hill Fortification with the second-largest wall ribboning the Aravalli Range, right after the wall of China.
You can plan a road trip to come down here, spend the day exploring and appreciating the Fort and other activities that are offered. And by the end of it attend the historically informative light and sound show in the evening.
What are the romantic things to do in Udaipur at night?
1. Visit the Fateh Sagar Lake: The sunset from Fateh Sagar Lake is an experience that is romantic and picturesque. A memory that you and your partner can cherish, after witnessing the setting sun you can just spend time at the lakefront, go for a ferry ride and later grab a quick bite to eat for a fun date night. To make this evening up a notch, you can go to the solar observatory and learn about the Sun and other celestial bodies.
2. Dinner Date at Ambrai- Amet Haveli: This is a lakeside fancy restaurant situated on the banks of Lake Pichola. The open-air dining space offers splendid views of the cityscape that sets the ambience relaxed and even romantic. You can take your partner here for a delicious wine n dine experience.
3. A Musical Evening at Doodh Talai Garden: Doodh Talai is a popular tourist attraction that is situated near lake Pichola. The garden houses many fountains that operate mechanically in tune with melodious music. Many locals and tourists, including couples, go there to attend musical evenings and dinners for a pleasant outing in Udaipur at night.
4. Attend the Light and Sound show at Kumbhalgarh Fort: Held at the renowned Kumbhalgarh Fort in the Raimasand district near Udaipur, you can drive down to the fort and spend a day taking a tour, trekking to the edifice and end it all with a grand light and music show. With the intriguing and flamboyant performance, you can learn about the rich culture and history, making it among the top things to do in Udaipur at night.
What are the best night clubs and pubs in Udaipur?
1. Tehkhana RestroBar: Easy on the pocket, Tehkahana is a fun place to be at, especially during game season. There is a massive projector screen on which you can watch sporting events with friends. But if that is not your preference, the bar still has moderately priced alcohol, musical gigs and experiences that you can have in Udaipur at night.
2. The Winos: This one is a more sophisticated and grown-up outlet offering branded liquor, a relaxed and easy atmosphere, soothing music and an elegant setup. Located in the Lal Bagh, the Winos is a famous restrobar where you can enjoy a more leisurely nightlife in Udaipur.
3. Brewz Rock Cafe: Head to this spot to have a banger. Dancing, music, drinks, good food and an electrifying environment, Brewz Rock Cafe has the most fun crowd and party scene in the city, making it rank really high on the places to visit in Udaipur at night.
4. Panera Bar: Enjoy the evening views of the splendid city vistas at sunset while sipping down delicious cocktails or neat alcoholic drinks. The Panera Bar is an excellent place to experience the nightlife in Udaipur. You can choose to sit at the poolside or indoor and let the night sway with the cheers and laughter of friends and family.
Where can we eat in Udaipur at night?
1. Ambrai - Amet Haveli: Situated along Lake Pichola, Ambrai at Amet Haveli is among the top places to enjoy the nightlife in Udaipur. Presenting the perfect balance of views and a contemporary menu of India and International dishes, you must enjoy at least one dinner here along with a glass of the finest wines and spirits.
2. Upre by 1559 AD: An extension of the 1559 AD restaurant in Udaipur, Upre is a fine spot that brings together warm hospitality, picturesque views and delectable food, all under one roof. This hip place remains filled with people so the ambience of Upre is also contagious and breezy. Be it a romantic date or a family supper, the cafe is perfect for everyone.
3. Sunset Terrace: Another restaurant located on the banks of Lake Pichola and surrounded by rising Aravalli Hills, Sunset Terrace is best enjoyed at sunset as you get a clear view of the tangerine sky meeting the horizon. To make the most of your Udaipur at Night experience, you should definitely book a table for a delectable dinner.
4. Millets of Mewar: This spot is for all the health-conscious and picky eaters. Started by a group of friends, Millets of Mewar is the place you should pick if you want to indulge in gluten-free, dairy-free and organic recipes. Despite using restricted ingredients, the taste of the dishes on the menu has the power of converting you.
5. Sheesh Mahal: Offering a royalty level dining experience to its guests, Sheesh mahal is an open-air restaurant overlooking Lake Pichola in Udaipur. The menu presented here incorporates traditional flavours with a twist of modern upgrades. Apart from that, the courteous staff, views and the overall ambience of the place make it one of the best to enjoy the nightlife in Udaipur.
Which are the best places to do shopping in Udaipur at night?
1. Jagdish Temple Street: The market runs between 10:00 am till 8:00 pm on all days except Sunday, and is among the best spots to enjoy shopping of traditional items. Leather products like shoes, diaries, wooden toys and decorations, textiles, terracotta and metal goods are also quite the buzz here.
2. Clock Tower: Another one of the places to see in Udaipur at night is the illuminated Clock Tower Market. The place has old-world swirling lanes housing small shops and stores. Selling of gold and silver items, traditional laac bangles, embroidered poly bags, meenakari and Kundan work, and other trinkets can be brought from here between 10:30 am to 8:30 pm on all days, except Sundays.
3. Maldas Street: This is the biggest spot to buy the best of apparels and clothing materials in Udaipur. The market has the best stores and brands that sell typical Rajasthani fabrics and authentic Poshaks, among other modern outfits and artefacts. Maldas Street remains open between 10:00 am to 8:00 pm every day.
4. Swarnkar Arts and Crafts: You can head to Swarnkar Arts and Crafts between 10:00 am to 9:00 pm to shop for the best and wide collection of leather goods. Ranging from belts, shoes, covers, bags, to diaries and photo albums, you name it and they have it available in leather.
Is Udaipur a safe place to party at night?
Yes. The party culture in Udaipur, although not as prominent, is safe and enjoyable for tourists. There are several bars and pubs where the grown up guests can head to for a few drinks and good time.
The ambience of these places are relaxed with fun music, bustling crowds, cheer and chatter. All these places remain open till or after midnight, so you can plan your outing accordingly.
What is Udaipur famous for?
Here are all the things that Udaipur is famous for:
- Forts and Places
- A rich heritage
- Traditional Rajasthani Handicrafts
- Leather Products
- The stunning City Palace.
What is the best time to visit Udaipur?
The best time to visit Udaipur, like all other cities in Rajasthan is from September till March. These are the months when the arid desert weather becomes sublime and cold during winters, making sightseeing and other activities more fun and comfortable.