Camping in Shimla is one such adventurous experience which will let you explore the best of snow-capped mountains and luscious greenery. Being more than just a popular hill station, Shimla has been providing pretty scenic and all natural locations to camping enthusiasts. Ranging from budget friendly small tents to luxurious family tents, the options are endless.
Several camps in Shimla also let you club your camping experience with various mesmerizing activities ranging from rock climbing in the Pinehills Nature Camps to the Tarzan swing in the Snow Trails Camp. The wilderness of the forests, incessant water streams, and serene ambiance adds a distinct feeling to the overall camping experience in Shimla.
Various campsites like the Trip Hermit Camps and the Red Wood Camps promise to offer surreal escapades through different types of camping like nature camping, jungle camping, Mountainview camping, and hilltop camping. Camping in Shimla allows you to dive deeper into the beautiful nature and enjoy it to the fullest extent. Though the campsites offer distinctive prices, they also provide a comfortable stay with all the necessary amenities.
People Also Ask About Camping in Shimla
Which are the best campsites in Shimla?
1. Green Caravan Camps: The Caravan Camps are one of the best camps in Shimla. They are well-known for a comfortable stay and provide numerous thrilling opportunities to modern-day adventure seekers. Green Caravan Camps are eco-friendly campsites that offer access to the spectacular serene surroundings, immortal water streams, and all-seasons operation to the camp. They give a chance to people from all over the world to relish the peace, thrill, immense adventure, and pure invariable happiness of nature in the heart of the Himalayas.
Location: Green Caravan, Khata Khatoni No 5/9, 10 kitas, Village Sharog, Below Heera Nagar, Manali Road, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh - 171011.
Amenities: Child-friendly, Doctor On Call, Laundry Services, Parking, Room Services, Restaurant/ Coffee Shops.
Price: Starting at INR 2000 per day
2. Pinehills Nature Camp: Pinehills Nature Camp is one of the best places for camping in Shimla. The cottage provides tent houses for travelers on the outskirts of the city surrounded by the beautiful and peaceful environment of Shimla. Furthermore, this camping site offers the magnificence of Mother Nature in the form of divine Apple Orchards. Pinehills Nature Camp displays an array of adventurous activities like trekking, repelling, rock climbing, and many more. Therefore, this campsite is a unique holiday experience around Shimla.
Location: Village - Chayali, Mashobra, Himachal Pradesh - 171007.
Amenities: Child-friendly, Pet-friendly, Room Services, Kitchenette, Restaurant/ Coffee Shops.
Price: INR 3000 per day
3. Trip Hermit Camps: Trip Hermit Camps is a campsite away from the crowded life of the cities. The enthralling River Sutlej and the scenic tracks leading to the snow-capped mountains add to the beauty of this camp. Nature and peace are the two things that define Trip Hermit Camps. You can enjoy the bonfire in the chilling ambiance of this place at night. The campsite also presents barbeque facilities for those who want to enjoy the grilled food in the serene atmosphere.
Location: The Naldehra Golf Course P.O. Durgapur, Naldehra, Himachal Pradesh - 171007.
Amenities: Doctor on Call, Housekeeping, Tours & Treks, Child-friendly, Parking, Kitchenette, Barbeque, Garden.
Price: INR 7200 per day
4. Red Wood Camps: Red Wood Camps offers 12 luxury camps and one luxury cottage located in the heart of the city. This campsite is suitable for both leisure and business travelers. Since the camps are designed with fascinating textures and colors, the modern rooms are available with quality amenities and an attached bathroom. Moreover, Red Wood Camps offer several activities, including jumar climbing, white water rafting, fidget ladder, rope activities, parallel ropes and swings, picnic, and excursions.
Location: Junga Road, Kawalag, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh - 171009.
Amenities: Kitchenette, Caretaker, Restaurant, Living Room, 24/7 Power Backup, Musc, Barbeque, Bonfire.
Price: INR 2300 per person, including breakfast, lunch, dinner (1 time each), light music, light snacks, and bonfire.
5. Aman Camps: Aman Camps are one of the cheapest camps in Shimla. The property provides extra comfort and convenience at a minimal charge. They also proffer a delicious buffet and à la carte breakfast daily and a decent playground for children. If you are a person who loves to discover new places, cycling and hiking are the best adventurous sports suitable in this area. Aman Camps also offer rental bicycle service to thrill enthusiasts.
Location: Village Banooti Post Office Totu, Shimla City Center, Shimla, India - 171011.
Amenities: Free Parking, Kitchenette, Room Services, Indoor Fireplace, Breakfast, washing Machine
Price: Starting from INR 500
6. Snow Trails Camp: Snow Trails Camp is an authentic paradise furnished with exceptional natural beauty. The giant snow-capped mountains and luscious forests of deodar and oaks surround this beautiful camp in Shimla. The Snow Trail Camps provide corroded cozy accommodation with cottages and twin-bedded swiss tents with a verandah for a perfect mountain glance. The campsite enfolds unforgettable adventure activities for guests like Flying Fox, Rock Climbing, Burma Bridge, Rope Bridge, Rock Rappelling, Obstacle Course, Bamboo Bridge, Tarzan Swing, and Monkey Crawl.
Location: Snow Trails Camp, Village Neen, P.O. Koti, District Shimla, Kandaghat-Chail-Kufri Road, Himachal Pradesh.
Amenities: Child-friendly, Kitchenette, Tours & Treks, Laundry Services, Indoor Entertainment, Dining.
Price: Starting from INR 3000
7. Mashobra Greens: Mashobra Greens is a beautiful place away from the hustle and bustle of city life. The camp is surrounded by the captivating fragrance of the wilderness of the cedar forests. If you are a nature lover, you will find astounding landscapes with an abundance of wildflowers here. The camps also provide numerous thrilling activities in their surroundings. From rafting to Rappelling, you will discover every sport on the Sutlej River, which is at a drivable distance from the camp.
Location: Village Shipur, Mashobra, Himachal Pradesh - 171007.
Amenities: Doctor on Call, Dining, Room Service, Outdoor activities, Restaurant/ Coffee Shop.
Price: Starting at INR 4000 (for Swiss Tent), INR 6000 (for Bamboo Cottage), INR 8000 (for Luxury Mud Cottage)
8. Jupiter Camps: Jupiter Camps is a magnificent place for camping in Shimla. The campsite is surrounded by a fruit plantation that includes plum, apricot, apple, and lemon trees. This site is a retreat for people who desire a serene atmosphere. The authorities offer Asian breakfast every morning. The children can enjoy Jupiter Camp’s garden and playground. The camping site has something to offer for everyone. Jupiter Camps believe in giving their guests a memorable experience of the unexplored places of Shimla.
Location: Jupiter Camps Basantpur, Tehsil Sunni, Basantpur, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh - 171018.
Amenities: Housekeeping, Garden, Laundry Service, Free Parking, Restaurant, Evening Entertainment, Pet-friendly
Price: Starting from INR 2500
Which are the best adventure campsites in Shimla?
1. Hail Himalayas: Camping in Shimla at Hail Himalayas is breathtaking, scenic, and breezy. The campsite is well-known for the various adventure activities they offer, like paragliding, trekking, rock climbing, mountain biking, angling, Tarzan swing, and many more. Hence, it is an eco-tourism site that lets you witness the heaven of India through a modern lens.
2. Green Getaway, Junga: Green Getaway is popularly known for its magnificent property of Keonthal. This campsite is located amid the luscious greenery and snowy peaks. It is an ideal destination for a weekend getaway. The camp presents Rappelling, Stream Walking, Zip-Line, and Day and Night Trekking opportunities to the visitors.
3. Thanedar Camp: Thanedar Camp is located in the middle of numerous apple trees. The campsite offers the beautiful scenery of blue hills and extensive mustard fields. Similar to the other camps in Shimla, Thanedar Camp also presents fun and adventurous activities to the guests.
4. Shoghi Camps: Shoghi Camps present an array of adventure activities all year long. The campsite gives access to the perennial water bodies after a bunch of sports activities. It is a carefree holiday destination for people who want to take a break from the mundane life of the city. Shoghi Camps provide an exclusive trek to the waterfalls, Valley Crossing, Zip Line, Rock Climbing, Burma Bridge, Bamboo Bridge, and a bonfire at night.
5. Jungle Stays: Jungle Stays offer a backdrop of valleys and mountains, forests and fauna, walking tracks to attract you towards the beauty of nature. The thrilling activities of rock climbing, trekking, and mountain biking are some of the adventurous sports that engage you with the vegetation of the Shimla camping site.
What is the best time for camping in Shimla?
Camping in Shimla is suitable throughout the year. The summer season in Shimla experiences pleasant weather, while the winter months experience snowfall. However, you need to have extra winter gear if you are planning to do camping during winters. Thus, Shimla is a place where tourists enjoy camping throughout the year
What kind of clothes and equipment should I carry for camping in Shimla?
- Cold Cream
- Lip Guard
- Caps/ Hats
- Woolen Clothing, including woolen socks (in case of severe cold)
- Woolen Hand Gloves
- Two pair of Thermals
- Hard Wooden Stick (for trekking activities)
- Rain/ Snow Protection Gear
- Gaiters (for snow or water)
- Water Bottles
- Camping Shoes
What are all things I must carry for camping in Shimla?
1. Identity proof
2. Sunscreen and Moisturizer
3. Personal Medication
4. Good Pair of Shoes
5. Camera with Enough Batteries
6. Dark Polarized Sunglasses with Retainers
7. Woolen Clothes and Socks (if traveling in winter)
8. Power Bank
What is the price for camping in Shimla?
Camping in Shimla ranges from INR 2000 and goes all the way up to INR 7000. If you want a budget-friendly experience, Thrillophilia offers some camp tour packages with several offers and discounts for you to experience the beauty of nature.
Although this place is meant for all those who hold deep religious beliefs, most of the people visit the place just because they admire beautiful architecture. Location: The cave is located at approximately 5 km from the town of Manali. The place it is situated is Naggar and has most of the tourist attractions in close proximity. You will also find the Kunt Bhaya lake and the temple at just 2 km from here. Highlights: You will love to see the beautiful sight of the snow capped mountains from the place. This site was built during the famous era of Mahabharata. The natural beauty of the cave is very exhilarating and the ambience makes you feel really good. Best time to visit: It is best to visit the place early in the morning as it gets dark quite soon. You might also consider wearing woolen clothes to the place because it can sometimes get too cold.
Tara Devi Temple located in Shimla is definitely one of the most popular tourist attractions here. Origin of the temple can be traced way back to some 250 years. Even today, the temple stands in complete splendor at the top of the hill. It is believed that the Goddess Tara was brought here all the way from the West Bengal. Location: It is situated at a distance of about 11 kms from Shimla and can be visited while travelling on the Kalka - Shimla National Highway. The temple is set at the top of the hill in Shimla with lush green environs surrounding it giving the restaurant a very peaceful as well as tranquil atmosphere. Highlights: Visit the temple to browse through the breath taking views of the countryside. If you enjoy the Himalayas and the clean and fresh air, this is definitely your ideal vacation option. Price: Entry is free.