1. Visit the Sharjah Archaeology Museum- Started in 1993, Sharjah Archaeology Museum is one of the best archaeological museums in Sharjah. It reflects the lifestyle of the dwellers from the Stone Age to the rise of Islam.
The museum showcases various artifacts like pottery, jewelry, coins, ancient weapons, and household goods, through which visitors get a chance to explore the civilizations in the region.
Location: Sharjah Science Museum Center, Behind Sharjah Television Building, Sheikh Rashid Bin Saqr Al Qasimi St, Dasman, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Price: Children (2 years-12 years)- AED 5
Adults (above 12 years)- AED 10
Timing: 9 am to 1 pm & 5 pm to 8 pm
2. Take a ride on the Eye of the Emirates Wheel- Taking a ride on the Eye of Emirates Wheel is one of the popular things to do in Sharjah. Having a height of 60m, the giant Ferris Wheel provides a spectacular view of the city's major tourist attractions, markets, residents, and the coast.
You can capture the mesmerizing shots of Sharjah's lights during the night.
Location: Al Montazah Park, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Price: Adults- AED 30
Children- AED 15
Timing: 10 am to 12 am (Saturday-Thursday)
3 pm to 1 am (Friday)
3. Spend a day at the Al Majaz Waterfront- Al Majaz Waterfront is a beautiful recreational park located in the heart of Sharjah. The place has a soothing landscape with greenery all around. There are play areas for children and restaurants, bistros, and a jogging track for adults.
You can enjoy the musical show that takes place after every 30 minutes. All these make Al Majaz Waterfront a perfect place for friends and family.
Location: Khalid Lake Trail, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Price: Adults- AED 25
Children- AED 15 (Mini-Golf Course), AED 30 (Splash Park)
Timing: 9 am to 11 pm (Saturday-Wednesday)
9 am-12 am (Thursday & Friday)
4. Go back in time by stopping by the Sharjah Heritage Area- Sharjah Heritage Area is an assortment of several museums like the Sharjah Heritage Museum, Al Midfa House, Al Hisn Sharjah, and Hisn Fort. You can explore deeper into the traditional Emirati culture and discover the life before oil came into existence.
In the middle of the area lies the Souk Al Arsah, where you can shop conventional handmade goods. It is a place where you could never go like thinking about what to do in Sharjah.
Location: Al Shiokh, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Price: Children- Free
Adult- AED 5
Family- AED 10
Timing- 8 am to 8 pm
5. Drop by the Al Montazah Amusement and Water Park- Another family destination in Sharjah is Al Montazah Amusement and Water Park. You can enjoy the fun and thrilling rides from the Island of Legends, the Pearls Kingdom, and its dreamland of treasures and water slides.
Hence, rejoicing in the amusing and exciting rides at Al Montazah is one of the best things to do in Sharjah with your friends and family.
Location: Opposite the Flag Island, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Price: Adult (Full Park)- AED 200
Child (Full Park)- AED 150
Island of Legends- AED 30
Children (less than 80 cm)- Free
Timings- 10 am to 10 pm
6. Take the family to the Arabian Wildlife Center- Located in Sharjah Desert Park, Arabian Wildlife Center hosts 100 species of animals found in the Arabian Peninsula. The Wildlife Center creates awareness of the endangered species in the world.
Since it is a complete indoor experience for visitors, you can observe some animals in their natural environment through large glass walls.
Location: Al Dhaid Road, Interchange 9, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Price: Adults- AED 15
Children(12-16 year's)- AED 10
Timing: 9 am to 5.30 pm
7. Take in the creativity at Maraya Art Center- Maraya Art Center is a non-profit art platform that promotes young artists from all over the world. The various activities conducted at the Maraya Art Center include workshops, lectures, talks, and fine arts.
The Center supports artists through commissions, residencies, exhibitions, and research opportunities. Visitors can explore several public art park sites that promote interactive programs and sculptures. There are plenty of creative activities in Sharjah for art lovers.
Location: Al Khan Al Qasba, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Timing: 10 am to 7 pm (Saturday-Thursday)
2 pm to 7 pm (Friday)
8. Take a day trip to Kalba- If you are wondering what to do in Sharjah, you must take a road trip to Kalba. Kalba is a picturesque fishing village in the UAE. The three primary attractions of Kalba are the Al Hisn Museum, the House of Sheikh Saeed bin Hamad Al-Qassimi, and the Khor Kalba Conservation Reserve.
The visitors can also enjoy the beaches along the Gulf of Oman. Just a short drive away from Sharjah to the seashore is worthy of creating memories.
Location: Kalba, United Arab Emirates
9. Admire the Heart of Sharjah- Heart of Sharjah is the 5-phase preservation and restoration project of the rich cultural heritage of the old town of Sharjah. The famous tourist attractions in the Heart of Sharjah, such as the Arabian Tea House, Sharjah Art Museum, and the Al Bait Hotel, are must-visit for all.
You can even discover the various kinds of Arabian, French, and Chinese calligraphic art in the Sharjah Calligraphy Museum.
Location: Corniche Street, Mareijah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Price: Adults- AED 5
Timings: 8 am to 8 pm (Saturday-Thursday)
4 pm to 10 pm (Friday)
10. Pamper yourself by shopping at the Blue Souk- Also known as the Central Souk, shopping at the Blue Souk is one of the incredible activities in Sharjah. There are around 600 stores to explore. You can shop everything from clothing and modern watches to authentically local trinkets and antiques.
You can also get various decor items at the Blue Souk. On the upper tier, shops of art, craft, and regional specialties sell hand-woven carpets and textiles. Moreover, there are shops dedicated to authentic gold and diamond jewelry and precious stones.
Location: King Faisal St, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Timings: 9 am to 11 pm