1. Spend an Action-Packed Beach Day at Red Beach: Heading for an excursion to Red Beach is one of the most-loved things to do in Santorini among the beach lovers.
Featuring a spectacular backdrop of deep red volcanic rocks, this beach offers a treat to the eyes. While you are at Red Beach, you can go snorkeling or enjoy sunbathing on one of the many loungers set out by the plethora of beach pubs and taverns lined up here.
2. Experience a Thrilling Cable Car Ride: If you are an adventure fanatic, taking a cable car ride from Fira town to the Old Port can be one of the best adrenaline-fueled activities to do in Santorini for you.
You can find a cable car in every 20-minute frequency, which generally costs around 5 euros per head for each way. In the course of your ride, you can soak in the enchanting views of the picturesque valleys and cliffs and once you reach the Old Port you can enjoy souvenir shopping.
3. Party Like a Local at Enigma: Although this may take you by surprise, the island of Santorini surely has some great clubs to let you party through the night.
That said, Enigma is considered to be the best and the oldest nightclub on this Greek island, where you can shake your leg to some amazing music while sipping some delectable drinks. To let you experience partying all night with your friends, Enigma opens its gates at 11 PM and lets you party limitlessly until 8 AM.
4. Take a Historical Walk through Ancient Thera: If you’re a history buff wondering what to do in Santorini, pay a visit to Ancient Thera, an age-old city nestled in Mesa Vouno Mountain. While you take a historical stroll here, spot intriguing archaeological artefacts, and the 800-meter street.
The street is home to the main square, the gathering place called Agora, ancient temples, and houses. This long street ends at the mountain’s highest point where you will find the remnants of a stunning building. An exploration tour of Ancient Thera will offer you an insight into the lifestyle and tradition of the early inhabitants of Greece.
5. Relish a Santorini Salad: Although it is a matter of fact that while you are on this Greek island, relishing Greek food will be one of your most favorite things to do in Santorini, but always remember that the authentic Santorini Salad is a highlight you will never want to miss out on.
Considered to be a unique version of the traditional Greek salad, this recipe makes use of the popular ingredients of Santorini, such as cucumbers, capers, and sundried tomatoes. Salt & Pepper in the town of Fira is a popular destination for enjoying the authentic Santorini Salad.
6. Watch a Live Concert at La Ponta: One of the most entertaining activities to do in Santorini is to enjoy some time at wonderful La Ponta, located in the 13th-century Venetian Tower of the Akrotiri Castle.
On your visit to this place, you will witness an amazing collection of vintage Greek musical instruments exhibited in a splendid arrangement. You can also get to hear the amalgamation of the sounds of contemporary as well as ancient instruments by attending one of the concerts held here.
7. Explore the Local Lifestyle at Pyrgos Village: Take a leisurely stroll through the quaint Pyrgos Village and experience the amalgamation of spell-binding scenery, medieval charm, and blissful vibes.
This rustic village is nestled atop a beautiful hill packed with Cycladic houses, lush greenery, fortified walls, taverns, and labyrinths. While you are here, take a walk through the narrow streets, check out some of the bustling local stores, and participate in the happy chatters at one of the cafes and bars.
8. Taste the Donkey Beer: If your idea of chilling out involves some good beer, then relishing the delectable locally brewed Donkey beer will definitely be one of the most recommended things to do in Santorini for you.
Prepared by the popular local brand Santorini Brewing Company, this traditional beer is available in almost all the famous restaurants and cafes on the island. You can also choose to visit the brewery directly and taste their three types of Donkey beer, including Crazy Donkey, Yellow Donkey, and Red Donkey.
9. Go for a Fish Pedicure at Fira: If you are in Fira, pay a visit to Fish Spa Kangal Wellness Center for a tranquil fish pedicure. Put your feet inside the water tank and experience the Garra Rufa fish suck away all the dirt and dead skin gently to leave your toes clean and smooth.
Although this treatment was initially surfaced for helping people suffering from dermatological conditions like eczema, yet it can even be opted by individuals seeking a good pedicure.