Scuba diving near PunePromising a thrilling, fun filled and once in a lifetime experience, a session of scuba diving is all you need to give yourself that shot of adrenaline. If looking for some offbeat ways to unwind and relax in Pune then make sure that you try your hands on this activity. While opting for scuba diving near Pune, you will be accompanied by certified PADI divers who will take care of you in each step.
Doesn't matter if you know swimming or not as the guides will be accompanying you the whole time to take care of your safety. Locations like Tarkarli Beach and Vengurla Rocks are the most famous spots to indulge in a session of scuba diving. While Tarkarli Beach is known for its vast shoreline which is home to a wide variety of marine life, the Vengurla Rocks are famous for their dramatic structure and depth.
For the daredevils out here who wish to add more thrill to the activity, the shores of Dandeshwar provide multiple such spots where one can go scuba diving in the night as well. The marine life here is quite untouched by the external factors, and further retains its beauty through the rich variety of vivid marines. As soon as the diving ends, you will be provided with your diving pictures and videos as a momento to take back home and to remember this experience for the rest of your life.
People Also Ask About Scuba Diving in Pune
Which are the best places for scuba diving near Pune?
1. Tarkarli Beach: Experience the silence in the bottom of the sea and indulge in an unforgettable experience typing. go deep in the blue waters and witness underwater life with your own eyes. You will be accompanied by professional divers who will take care of your safety and will take you to the spots where you can witness some rare sea creatures.
The marine life around Tara Carly Beach is worth exploring and by opting for a session of diving you will take yourself close to the life under the sea. If lucky enough, you might also spot various species of rare fishes including a pufferfish, the lion fish or eels.
Location:Tarkarli Beach, Maharashtra
Price for Scuba:INR 1000 to INR 2000 per person
Distance from Pune:395 KM
2. Vengurla Rocks: Home to vibrant and diverse landmasses, the Vengurla Rocks are one of the best locations for scuba diving near Pune. Being an archipelago of black coloured rocks, this place has been attracting clocks of crowds due to its dramatic underwater structures.
Once you opt for a session of diving here, you will be rewarded with some of the most beautiful views of the marine plants around dark black rocks. Getting your pictures clicked and videos made around the rock formations is pretty common here. In addition to all this, these rocks are also a famous spot among dolphin spotting cruises.
Price for Scuba:INR 2000 per person
Distance from Pune:354 KM
3. Malvan: The shoreline of my one is famous for being a home to a variety of marine life. The site of Malvan is known for its clear and cold waters which have been attracting tourists for ages. Mesmerising you with its beauty, your diving session here will be loaded with some of the most dramatic sceneries.
From rocks covered with corals to the schools of fishes, the depths of the sea will offer you many fun sceneries. Before starting this activity, you will be provided a proper description and all the basics of scuba-diving will be given. For the first timers a session of diving in the pool Will be held after which PADI specialists will be up accompanying you to the deep sea.
Price for Scuba:INR 1500 to INR 2500 per person
Distance from Pune:395 KM
4. Dandeshwar: Adding more thrill to your driving experience, Dandeshwar is known for hosting night diving sessions. In this, you will be doing the same activity in the night time while being equipped with proper gears including a night light and others.
You will be accompanied by certified guides and divers who will take you towards various such locations where spotting sea creatures is common. Making your underwater holiday a memorable one, you will also get your pictures taken and videos made.
Price for Scuba:INR 1500 per person
Distance from Pune:400 KM
5. Devbaug: If your weekend break is nearing and you wish to indulge in some adrenaline rushing activity then what can be better than opting for a session of diving. Devbaugh is famous for having various such sites where dolphin sightings are common. Your experience of diving here will be no different as as you enter the water, you will be surrounded by a wide variety of marines. From puffer fishes to golden fishes, you will get to marvel at a plethora of sea mammals.
Some species of marines which can be found in this area include eels, catfishes, lionfish, parrotfish, turtles and small crabs. If lucky enough, you might also get a chance to spot flocks of dolphins swimming around you. If you are a beginner, you can opt for this once in a lifetime experience at Devbaug and if you are trained, then there is no place better than Devbaug to polish your skills.
Price for Scuba:INR 2000 per person
Distance from Pune:510 KM
What is the best time to go for scuba diving near Pune?
The months between October to March are considered as the best slot when you can indulge yourself in scuba diving near Pune. This is the time when monsoons have recently left and leave back perfect climatic conditions.
What is the cost of scuba diving in Tarkarli?
Scuba diving in Tarkarli can cost you somewhere between INR 1500 to INR 2000 for a 10 feet deep dive. However, if you book this activity through thrillophilia, the same activity can be enjoyed within INR 1000 in which you also get your pictures clicked and videos made.
Is it safe to go for scuba diving near Pune?
Yes, scuba diving near Pune is completely safe and comfortable and you will not face any kind of issue. You will be accompanied by certified drivers who will be there to take care of all your needs. Even in the case of night diving, proper gears will be provided to check for your safety and security.
Before the beginning of this program, a small yet informative session of guided activities will be performed in which proper details about the basics and important tips of diving will be provided to you.
Can non swimmers do scuba diving?
Yes, non swimmers can also enjoy scuba diving near Pune without any fear or worry. From proper gears to all basic details, various things will be provided to you by some PADI certified divers.