Water Sports Activities in Pondicherry
When in the southern coast of India, delve into the nerve-wracking and exciting thrill of water sports in Pondicherry. This offbeat tourist destination features delightful water sport complexes that offer an engaging array of everything from pedal boating to scuba diving, kayaking, parasailing and speed boating. To make the most of thrilling scopes at adventure, you can head to the Karaikal Beach where you can backwater sail, canoe, and play water volleyball.
To play with the sea’s swirling surfs you must engage in one of the most scintillating water sports activities in Pondicherry and that is surfing. There is nothing like surfing and conquering the mighty waves at the Serenity Beach. The coastline of Pondicherry features kaleidoscopic waters and to get the enchanting feel of them or to simply explore the underwater secrets you can scuba dive here. Highly trained PADI-certified divers will guide and supervise you throughout.
For those that do not desire diving but still want to enjoy their share of water sports, there is nothing like canoeing and kayaking in the fast-running Pondicherry waters. Undoubtedly, the Union Territory of Puducherry is a water sporting heaven as you get to try your hands at kitesurfing, windsurfing and paddle boating as well.
People Also Ask About Water Sports in Pondicherry
Which are the best water sports to do in Pondicherry?1. Surfing: One of the most popular water sports in Pondicherry has to be surfing. Anyone that loves the thrill of riding the mighty waves with their surfboards can come to the Serenity Beach. You will absolutely love an over-the-brim feeling as you play with the sea’s swirling surfs while breathing in fresh winds. Surfing is so much fun as you get to touch the sea’s turquoise waters and experience freedom of a different kind.
This adventure sport is conducted on the wave’s forward face. If you are a beginner or a first-timer who has never tried surfing then do not fret because the beaches are replete with training instructors to teach you surfing smoothly.Location: Paradise Beach, Serenity BeachBest Time: March-May, October-NovemberPrice: Starting from INR 2500
2. Scuba diving: The only diving spot on India’s eastern coast has to be Pondicherry where you can have a mind-boggling scuba diving experience. This sport is one of the most adventurous water sports in Pondicherry and you can undertake it with support from a PADI instructor. This activity will take place with the help of diving equipment and safety gears hence you do not have to worry about the safety aspect.
The splendid sesh of scuba diving lets you explore the beauty of the marine world and the aquatic world living in it. You will be mesmerized at the sight of the fascinating aquatic creatures, underwater caves, beautiful reefs, and the marine flora. You can take your scuba diving experience several notches higher by opting for underwater pictures and videos.
Location: Four Corners, Aravind’s Wall, Temple Reef, and the Hole.Best Time: February-AprilPrice: Starting from INR 6500
3. Kayaking: Battle against the undulating waves on a beautiful kayak and give into the pleasure of one of the most fascinating water sports activities in Pondicherry, kayaking. You do not require much skill or gear to kayak, just the boat, a paddle and a life jacket is enough for the rider. While you are aboard a kayak, you paddle explore the unhindered beauty of calm, natural and serene surroundings. Paddling through the ravishing landscape is a surreal feeling because the vast stretch of the sparkling waves will leave a lasting impression on your mind, for life.Location: Karaikal BeachBest Time: February-AprilPrice: Starting from INR 3000
4. Paddle Boarding: One of the most exciting water sports activities in Pondicherry has to be Paddle boarding as boating is a huge part of beach adventure. This sort of involves standing on a paddle that is inflated and wafting through Pondicherry’s still water lakes. As you maneuver the thrilling factor continues to build up. This very new form of adventure sport lets you row the boat while you gaze at the splendid scenery nearby the lake. You will have a fun time indulging in paddle boarding as you can easily get hold of the items required for the activity, from nearby shops.Location: Paradise BeachBest Time: February-AprilPrice: INR 750 onwards5. Kite surfing: The new range of water adventure activities involve the sport of kite surfing. This sport lets you careen over the waters and chase the winds, while the cool water sprays kiss your skin. Not only is the experience a heavenly one but the sight of the entire blue ocean is too fetching to miss. Your heart will pump with every turn and twist. Imagine the kite’s thrill along with the joy of surfing that is what kite surfing is all about. Pondy beaches provide you the perfect respite as you hold the kite’s cord with the same kite propelling you forward.Location: Paradise BeachBest Time: JulyPrice: INR 1000 onwards6. Windsurfing: If you are a hardcore adrenaline junkie then windsurfing is something you should totally try out. In this sport, you drift through the wind while clutching on the boards’ sail. This sport is the coolest adventure activity that can be done on any water surface, normal or rough. You need a bit of dexterity and some great skills like perception of water and fast motor skills to ace the sport. Pondy’s water presents you with the perfect backdrop, with guidance of all kinds of facilities readily available. There are multiple training centers around Pondicherry that will teach you the nuances of windsurfing.
Location: Paradise BeachBest Time: October onwards and April onwardsPrice: INR 1500 onwards
7. Canoeing: One of the most sorted water adventures has to be canoeing. Your canoeing experience is going to be a wonderful one with challenging and calm waters of Pondy. This sport lets you test ultimate adventure as you traverse through Pondicherry’s rivers and lakes. Canoeing involves gliding through both turbulent and calm water bodies. Drift calmly, or chase the rapids with the canoe. When you undertake this sport, do not forget to carry your camera to capture this dreamy experience.Location: Karaikal BeachBest Time: October-MarchPrice: Depends on what the adventure sport agency charges
8.Snorkeling: To have a glimpse of the marine world, snorkeling is the best activity you can indulge in. Anyone can access this activity using hi-grade snorkels. You get to breathe in the beauty of the largely unexplored ocean, and the colorful creatures living in the ocean. When in Pondicherry, you must snorkel in clear water and enjoy the experience of being surrounded by fishes.Location: South Boulevard, Colas NagarBest Time: February-AprilPrice: INR 5200 onwards
Which are the best beaches for water sports in Pondicherry?1. Auroville Beach: Also called the Auro Beach, the gorgeous Auroville Beach is every traveler’s dream. You must come here to soak in the beauty of the deep-blue waters, golden soft sand and beautiful seashells. While novices can spend their time enjoying the sea breeze, professional surfers can glide across the cool waters. There are several shacks here where you can relax while sipping on chilled beverages or simply gorging on local delicacies.
Best water sports to do- Surfing, swimming
2. Paradise Beach: If you have always fancied a white sand beach then the Paradise beach is going to be your ideal location. This tranquil and stunning beach exudes happiness and a paradisiacal charm that is hard to find. You will blissfully succumb to its appeal and this is one of beaches that is a hub for water sports in Pondicherry.Every tourist must come here to canoe and kayak to their heart’s content. If you are not a fan of water sports then you can play a game of beach volleyball too.
Best water sports to do- Kayaking, canoeing, backwater sailing, boating, cruising and jet skiing
3. Karaikal Beach: The sandy beach of Karaikal is perfect for sunrise-watchers as well as those looking for fun through water sports in Pondicherry. This beach is a top favorite amongst locals and tourists that wish to take a break and desire having a fun beachside holiday. You will fall in love with the sound of the waves’ sound crashing on the shore, soothing tranquility, clear skies and crystal-blue waters.The beach not just offers you the much-needed solace from the humdrums of the city but also lets you have a nature connection. You can come here to motorboat, canoe, kayak or simply enjoy a refreshing swim to renew your frayed nerves.Best water sports to do- Banana boat rides, parasailing, canoeing, and kayaking
4. Serenity Beach: One of the most attractive sea beaches with ample water sports in Pondicherry has to be the Serenity Beach. This beach features a rocky seashore that is ideal for a calm and relaxed romantic stroll. You can make the most of an enthralling and fun-filled surfing ride that lets you enjoy the sparkling water.The name “Serenity” perfectly fits this beach given how picturesque and beautiful it is. You can laze away on the serene surroundings of the virgin beach while setting forth on a cruise to enjoy splendid views of the Indian Ocean.Best water sports to do- Surfing5. The Plage Paradiso Beach: Located at Chunnambar, the Plage Paradiso beach is a tropical paradise that is one of the perfect places to enjoy some quiet besides a refreshing swim. If you want to experience a paradise in its true glory then this is the beach to be at. The cool sea beach draws visitors every year for the pleasant sea cruises it has to offer. During the cruise you can watch the dolphins dance as they pop around in the sea’s blue waters.
The sight features coconut grooves but is mainly popular for the recreational adventures it has to offer. You can stay in tree houses here at the backwater banks, and enjoy playing beach volleyball, indulge in backwater cruises, enjoy theme picnics and parties.Best water sports to do- Kayaking, canoeing, backwater sailing, boating, and jet skiing
What is the best time for watersports in Pondicherry?The best time for water sports in Pondicherry is the winter season that extends from October-February. You can experience the beauty of the beaches during this time besides indulging in adventurous water sports like banana boat rides, parasailing, and jet skiing.
What is the price for watersports in Pondicherry?The water sports in Pondicherry are priced between INR 400- INR 7900. For instance you can kayak at a price of 4,000 while scuba dive at a price of INR 5000 – INR 7900. You can surf at INR 1500 and banana boat ride at INR 400.
Which are the best beaches in Pondicherry for surfing?-Serenity- One of the most popular water sports activities in Pondicherry is surfing and Serenity Beach is the place where you can try it to your heart’s content. Play with your surfs on the mighty waves here and feel the sea’s turquoise waters while enjoying spendthrift freedom.-Auroville- One of the most unusual Indian beaches has to be the Auroville Beach that is a hotspot for water sports activities in Pondicherry. You can carry your surfboards here and enjoy riding the undulating crystal clear waves.
-Paradise- For any adventure lover who also loves the sea, the Paradise Beach is the place to be at. This beach is the ultimate destination for water sports activities in Pondicherry. It features soft waves that crash against the sandy shoreline and any beginner level surfer can ride them.
What is the best time for scuba diving in Pondicherry?You can scuba dive anytime during the year in Pondicherry, except the monsoons. However, the months of September-November and February-April are ideal as they provide easy visibility of around 20-30 meters. You must avoid the monsoons in Pondicherry for scuba diving. There are huge waves during this time.
What is the price for Kayaking in Pondicherry?The price for kayaking in Pondicherry starts from INR 3000 (inclusive of equipment) and can go up to INR 5000 at some beaches. It includes all equipment and an experienced team of instructors. Book from Thrillophilia to get the best deals on this watersport and many others.
Adventure in Pondicherry Rentals in Pondicherry In City in Pondicherry Day Outs in Pondicherry Sightseeing in Pondicherry Luxury Deals in Pondicherry Attractions in Pondicherry Fun and Family in Pondicherry Budget stays in Pondicherry Scuba Diving in Pondicherry Romantic Experiences in Pondicherry Arts & Culture in Pondicherry For Travelers in Pondicherry Villas in Pondicherry Local Experiences in Pondicherry Experiential Stays in Pondicherry Resorts in Pondicherry Angling in Pondicherry Workshops & Classes in Pondicherry Surfing in Pondicherry Shopping Tours in Pondicherry Yoga in Pondicherry Fishing in Pondicherry Resort in Pondicherry Snorkeling in Pondicherry Local Living in Pondicherry Offbeat in Pondicherry Biking in Pondicherry Cycling in Pondicherry