1. The Lake District, Cumbria: One of the best England tourist places for couples, the Lake District in Cumbria, is home to serene beautiful landscapes that inspired numerous Romantic poets, including Wordsworth. From spectacular views, stunning hamlets, hotels as well as the most delicious food in the country, the Lake District has it all.
2. Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire: Another great place for couples to explore in England is the charming, historic town of Stratford, located on the River Avon. Best known as the birthplace and home of William Shakespeare, the town has a quaint canal where you can indulge in a boat ride with your significant other.
3. Bath, Somerset: Bath was predominantly known as the setting for quite a few Jane Austen novels, and boasts of stunning buildings and structures from the Georgian era. The town is also home to the only natural thermal spa in all of Britain, along with many antique tea rooms.
4. Jurassic Coast, Dorset: Boasting of over 180 million years of history, Dorset’s Jurassic Coast is amongst the best places to visit in England for couples. It is here where you can enjoy long, romantic walks along the sea, visit to cosy pubs in the countryside, explore ancient but beautiful villages and more.
5. Oxford, Oxfordshire: Home of the famous Oxford University, this quaint little town is another great place for couples visiting England. From cobbled lanes that exude ancient Victorian vibes, and amazing restaurants, to boating in the Isis River, enjoying a romantic sunset and more, there is a lot that Oxford has to offer.