Whether you are travelling with family or friends or are on a romantic vacation with your partner, the variety of Ooty camping options will ensure that all kinds of travellers enjoy here. Many night camping sessions here let you indulge in stargazing as well as bonfire facilities, thus you can enormously enjoy a full proof vacation. Camping in Ooty will surely be less of an activity and more like an escape from the concrete jungle, where you can spend some time resting and rejuvenating.
People Also Ask About Camping in Ooty
Which are the best sites for camping in Ooty?1. Aravenu: Located amidst the Nilgiri Hills, Aravenu is a small yet quaint village sitting on Kotagiri. Famous for its virgin nature and unrealistic beauty, this boutique town is loaded with various nature themed activities. With the mesmerizing nature and umpteen variety of adventures, this place becomes one of the top locations to enjoy Camping in Ooty. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, this can turn out to be the perfect to unwind and gaze into the bountiful nature. The camps provided here have a huge variety in them and can range from luxury to budget friendly.
Location: Aravenu, Kotagiri, Ooty
Price: INR 4000 to INR 5000 per person
Amenities: transportation, restrooms, bonfire and barbeque, activity options
2. The Campsite: Staying true to its name, this location is actually Just a campsite and no other activity is done here. The fact that people visit here just for camping makes it one of the best places to head for this activity. A variety of camps are available here which are rain proof as well as budget friendly. Whether you are visiting here with your partner or are on a family trip, you can choose from various accommodation options. The campsite also organises stargazing sessions in which you can lay around your camps and gaze into the uninterrupted scenery of twinkling stars above you. Since the campsite is located along a hill, reaching here will need you to hike for a while.
Price: INR 3000 to INR 4000 per person
Amenities: different types of accommodation, washroom facilities, 24 hours water facility, meals
3. Camping by tea gardens: What can be more mesmerizing than waking up to the delightful smell of tea after resting comfortably in a tent. Amalgamating both these experiences, Camping By Tea Gardens is one such campsite where you can enjoy the best days of your life. This Ooty camping site sits along a tea estate, which can be easily visited at any time of the day. Other than this, you can also pluck your own tea leaves and make yourself a refreshing cup of tea in the morning. As soon as the sun sets, you can opt for bonfire to bond with fellow campers to spend a night having fun.
Price: INR 3000 to INR 4000 per personAmenities: Parking area, food, multiple accommodation options, private washrooms, dining facilities, activity options4. Eagle Dare Adventure Camp: Adding the much required thrill to any camping session, the Eagle Dare Adventure Camp is a hub of various adrenaline pumping activities. From ziplining to rappelling and from hiking to trekking, various adventures can be enjoyed here. The camps here have a great variety in them and you can choose from family camps to solo camps. Many tents here are luxurious as well and have their own television, washroom, proper bedding and electricity as well. Above all, the combination of all this makes it one of the best campsites in Ooty.
Location: Thalayathimund, Ooty, Tamil Nadu 643002Price: INR 3000 to INR 6000 per personAmenities: bonfire, adventure activities, kids play area, parking area, multi cuisine diner, proper electricity, washroom facilities
5. Avalanche Camp: Covering you fully with sleeping bags and all-weather tents, the Avalanche Camp is one of the best sites to enjoy camping in Ooty. This is the place where you will be offered various other activities in addition to camping. Having bountiful nature all around, many activities like forest trekking and waterfall visits will also be included in your camping here. The camp has its own dinner, where you can order food or can make your own meals as well. Apart from all this, the session of evening bonfire adds more to this adventure.
Location: Avalanche, OotyPrice: INR 4000 to INR 5000 per personAmenities: bonfire, multiple tents to choose from, running water, adventure activities, play area, board games
Which is the best time for camping in Ooty?
Between the months of October and June is the best time to enjoy camping experience in Ooty. During this time the atmosphere is cold and perfect to explore the mesmerizing beauty of the wild.
Is Camping allowed in Ooty?
Yes, camping in Ooty is absolutely allowed. There are a ton of places like Nilgiri and Masinagudi among others that host the perfect spot for camping amidst the wild.
How many days are enough for Ooty?
You need at least 2 days to wholesomely enjoy the cascading beauty of Ooty. Dedicate one day to the mesmerizing landscapes and hills followed by another day for exploring the city.
Why is Ooty famous?
Titled as the "Queen of Hills Stations" Ooty is famous for its array of sightseeing locations, a bubbling nightlife and a list of adventurous activities like camping, cycling, river bathing and more.
What are the other things I can do in Ooty?
There are various things to do in Ooty like
1. You can also indulge in sightseeing at Doddabetta and Emerald Lake.
2. Trekking experience at Kotagiri and Masinagudi,partying at clubs like Club Mahindra and Canterbury Bar is also an option.
3. Other activities like cycling and river rafting can also be enjoyed in Ooty.
How do I get to Ooty?
By Air: If you are traveling by air, Coimbatore is the closest airport at 88 Kms, get down here and take a taxi, cab or bus directly to Ooty.
By Bus: Being a recognized tourist attraction, Ooty has buses coming and going from various southern parts of India including Bangalore.
By Train: Mettupalayam, the nearest train stop, is 40 km from Ooty. You can get down here and take a taxi to Ooty.