If you are looking for the best North Goa sightseeing packages that offer you the best tour of all the famous tourist destinations, then you must check out Thrillophilia. With packages that are crafted in order to help you make the maximum out of your trip, you are going to have the best time in Goa.
The mind-boggling number of beaches that adorn North Goa are only the tip of its decorated iceberg; it is an area rich in terms of historical backdrop, and is a cultural boiling pot in every sense of the phrase. Thrillophilia's North Goa sightseeing tour packages guarantee the finest of this coastal state at incredibly reasonable prices. The packages not only include all sightseeing excursions, but also customise other necessities, such as transportation.
This ensures that you may enjoy your vacation to the best without having to worry about any additional procedures. So stuff your duffel with your swimwears and a barrel of sunscreen, and you are good to embark on an unforgettable trip to the sunny sands of North Goa.
People Also Ask About Sightseeing in North Goa
Which places in North Goa are good for sightseeing?
1. Mae De Deus Church – The Mae De Deus Church would indubitably be a quintessential inclusion to any North Goa sightseeing tour package out there. Constructed in 1873 in a trademark gothic architectural style, the church, including its verdant surroundings, is pristine in every sense of the word. Standing tall and open to its viewers, the church is an apt symbol of the state’s rich Catholic history.
2. Bodgeshwar Temple – Guaranteed to be a glittering inclusion in many a North Goa sightseeing tour package, the Bodgeshwar Temple is culturally and spiritually one of the most notable temples in North Goa and the entire state in general. Famous for organising its own annual festival called ‘Zatra’, the temple is a tourist hotspot, open to Hindu devotees and interested visitors from all faiths.
3. Casino Palm – Goa has a distinct and characteristic vibe that often likens it to Las Vegas, and the Casino Palm is exactly the sort of place that justifies the tradition. As the name betrays, it is obviously a casino where you can play a plethora of games to legally gamble and the sort. The place obviously caters to a niche crowd, so if that kind of stuff is up to your alley, you would have a gala time.
4. Bicholim Market – Who would have thought that a North Goa sightseeing tour could take you to an expansive market exclusively dedicated to pottery? Yes, that is exactly what the Bicholim Market is all about. With over one hundred and fifty shops, all with exclusive expertise in pottery and clay shaping, the market should definitely be on your sightseeing list.
5. Chorao Island – Chorao Island is a place that mere words would pitifully fail to do justice, and its high regard in almost all North Goa sightseeing packages speaks volumes about its cultural significance. Just a few minutes from Panaji and claiming a mere sum of 10 rupees per person, the island was initially a Portuguese colony, and all that remains today are churches, villas and a town-planning reeking of characteristically Portuguese architecture.
6. Goa State Museum – Bound to be included in most North Goa sightseeing packages, the Goa State Museum is bound to be interesting and intriguing to anyone, let alone someone interested in the history of the state. Filled with sculptures whose influences lie mainly in Christianity or Hinduism, the museum also acts as a storehouse of information about all of the cultural and political activities the state has been through.
7. Chapora Fort – The Chapora Fort is another of the many structures that speak about the state’s rich Portuguese history and culture. Offering, from its height, magnificent views of the Anjuna and the Vagator Beach, the fort is a remnant of a rule that spanned over 150 years.
Which are the best places in North Goa to visit on a sightseeing tour at night?
1. MV Caravela – If you are just off watching Casino Royale or are a James Bond fan in general, this might just be the perfect spot for you. As most North Goa sightseeing packages ought to inform you, the MV Caravela is a cruise liner that has been refurbished into a casino, and makes for a perfect night out.
2. Casino Pride – Casino Pride is yet another of the exhaustive options North Goa would throw at you when it comes to casinos. With an immense collection of both competitive and non-competitive games, Casino Pride is a spot that you should definitely consider hitting on your night out on a North Goa sightseeing tour.
3. Anjuna Market – Stacked to the (metaphorical) ceiling with the best of local clothing, the Anjuna Market is perfect for a nocturnal shopping spree. If you are conversant with the ways of flea markets and prefer to practise conscientious shopping from local dealers, this is the perfect place for you in North Goa.
4. Club Cabana – Club Cabana is, as the name would suggest, an all-out party haven that you definitely should not miss out on if that is your thing. Located atop the Arpora Hills, the club features an all-night swimming pool and is designed with multiple terraces where you can indulge in drinks and dancing all night long.
Which are the best beaches to visit in North Goa on a sightseeing tour?
1. Anjuna Beach – Located in Anjuna (which is essentially a small village in North Goa), beaches do not often come better than the Anjuna Beach. Nestled amongst the jagged rocks of the Aravallis, the beach is simply a treat for sore eyes. While you are there, do check out the famous Anjuna Market that is open every Wednesday.
2. Candolim Beach – Popularised by Sunburn, the Candolim Beach easily straddles the top cream of the beaches in North Goa. As most North Goa sightseeing packages would highlight proudly, the beach is known for its supple serenity that it achieves by being completely free of markets, stalls, and commercial activity of any kind.
3. Vagator Beach – The Vagator Beach is yet another beach in North Goa that is a favourite when it comes to hosting music festivals. Overshadowed by ridges of red rocks, the beach’s environment is perfect for a relaxing day out in the sun. There is also a section of the beach reserved exclusively for stalls and shacks, in case you sought some refreshment.
4. Sinquerim Beach – If you are looking for a beach in North Goa to spend an adventurous time in, the Sinquerim Beach is just the one for you. Known locally for the host of water sports the beach offers for recreational participation, it is never a dull day on the shores of the Sinquerim Beach.
Which places are best for shopping in North Goa?
1. Mapusa Market – As you would find just when you step in it, there is a lot more than meat that goes hand to hand with the Mapusa Market. An essential visit for any North Goa sightseeing tour, the market is famous for its wide range of meat, fish and spices, and the shopkeepers are known to be extremely hospitable and honest with locals and tourists alike.
2. Calangute Market – For anyone that loves handicrafts or handmade items of any sort, the Calangute Market would prove to be an absolute treat. The entire area of the market is open for your exploration, and there are trinkets and treats to be bought at every corner!
3. Mackie’s Night Bazaar – As the name suggests, Mackie’s Night Bazaar is a market tailor-made for nocturnal shopping. As many North Goa sightseeing packages would expound, the market stays open every Saturday, and is known especially for its shops that sell handicrafts and handmade jewellery for all tastes.
How much time would I require for a North Goa sightseeing trip?
3-4 days are ideal to explore North Goa comfortably. In this time you will be able to cover all the major attractions as well as indulge in activities. The time to be spent on any trip is, quite understandably, extremely subjective. Every traveller has their own preferences regarding the time they would like to spend at a place or need to properly take it in.
What is the best time to visit North Goa for sightseeing?
As any local or one who has been to the state would tell you, the best season to visit North Goa is Winter. The months between November to March are great to have a relaxing vacation as the climate is pleasant. If you choose to travel any time between November and February, you are good to go.
- North Goa
- North Goa
- North Goa
- North Goa
Baga is a famous beach destination in North Goa that attracts thousands of tourists and watersports lovers to its heart. The beach shares its coastal line from the environs of Sinquerim, Candolim, and Baga, with the Baga shore being more lively and enticing. This bubbly beach is one of the best in Goa that stays awake the whole night. Called as "The Hometown of Nightlife," Baga beach is reputed for its cranky music celebrations by late-night, mouth-watering food, designer shops, and adventure sports.Tourism in Goa’s coasts got ignited by 1960 after the famous summer gathering of hippies from San Francisco. Baga beach then became popular among foreigners and slowly more exciting ventures like fishing, paddleboarding, discos, and tattoo shops started in the mainland. Named after “Baga Creek in Baga”, the tidal residuary channel that drains into the Arabian sea, Baga beach in Goa is also well organized with parking facilities and is maintained tidy by the local governing authorities, besides experiencing hordes of travelers clubbing around. Baga town is surrounded by the Baga river, and spotting the place where the river and the “sea meet, is a beautiful view to bait your eyes. Dolphins can also spotted deeper in the blue ocean and there are some spotting trips organized by local ship owners to spot the sea mammal.
Known as the “Queen of Beaches” in Goa, Calangute Beach caters to all types of travellers, from nature lovers to adventure junkies to party freaks. Acting as a haven for nature lovers, in particular, this beach is the biggest and the most popular one in North Goa, boasting of scintillating charm as well as beauty. Furthermore, it reflects the uniqueness that the culture of Goa generally has, in addition to offering beautiful and scenic views of the surrounding landscapes, which act as the perfect getaway destination for anyone who wishes to seek respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy city limits.Calangute beach in Goa has a lot to offer to tourists visiting here. The vibrant markets here sell everything, from beer and food, to junk jewellery, clothes, trinkets and pawn items. Moreover, the beach is lined with dense palm and coconut trees with the grand Arabian Sea acting as the perfect backdrop. People often visit the beach to soak in the mesmerising sunrises and sunsets which are a special feature of Calangute Beach. For a perfect tourist and holiday retreat, head over to this beach with your friends and family and enjoy the best of what North Goa has to offer. From Portuguese-style ancient buildings and structures, to delicious food and drinks, Calangute Beach has it all. Moreover, it will offer you a one-of-a-kind beach experience, one that is tranquil and idyllic, and cannot be found anywhere else in Goa.
India’s West Coast paradise, Goa, is home to some glorious beaches of India. One of them is known as the Anjuna Beach. From a quiet family vacation to an adventure-filled weekend with your squad, the beach caters to people with different travel tastes and budgets. Famed for its Goan influences, trendy nightclubs, beachside hotels and resorts, Anjuna beach is a glamorous paradise within Goa.Stretched over the golden coastline, the southern and northern end of Anjuna beach offers a plethora of activities. While the southern end consists of a rocky headland, the northern end host water sports like bungee jumping, bumpy banana ride, and much more. Anjuna beach is Goa’s local “multidimensional entertainment hub”. Anjuna beach provides you with some of the stunning scenery and photographic view during sunrise and sunset. The combination of the white sand and the scintillating blue sea create an unbeatable view. Also, you might not want to miss the principal attraction of the beach, the flea market. It captivates a large number of tourists to crowd this place every Wednesday. You’ll get an excellent deal if you’re an expert in bargaining.