Nainital ParaglidingExplore best offers on Nainital paragliding packages at Thrillophilia. Book Paragliding tours in Nainital with the best of inclusions designed to pamper you on your Nainital vacation.
If you are wishing for a heart-stopping experience, and you are somewhere in Uttarakhand then you are already half battle down, as here you can fly like a bird with paragliding in Nainital. Your flight will be accompanied by bright multicolored butterflies and some beautiful yet exotic birds which home the Kumaon peaks. Naukuchiatal in Nainital is unquestionably a gem of Uttarakhand, which boasts alluring lakes like Naini and Bhimtal, where you can witness this exciting adventure.
Paragliding is a recreation activity, that can be done in any season, except monsoons as here the sowers are quite heavy. But it is ultimate fun to be flying during winters when the entire region is covered with snow and it feels like you are skating on a blanket of white from above the ground. Naukuchiatal is crowned at an elevation of 1220 meters, thereby rewarding the eyes with a great range of varied sites and locations, all of which can be viewed when you glide through it. The picture it displays from atop is just amazing and is indeed a plus to the experience.
Right next to Naukuchiatal is the sprawling wilderness of Corbett National Park, so the best holidaying experience awaits you in Uttarakhand. You can pair up paragliding in Nainital with a safari ride in the Jim Corbett National Park. When you prepare to run and take off, loaded with all the necessary gears and equipment then the increased heartbeat and pumped-up adrenaline definitely take you a step back, but open up your wings and get ready for a mind-blowing flight that promises an experience of a lifetime. Presence of an expert pilot will lessen the fear but leave your body suspended in the air with the help of a harness will always give you chills.
With a wide array of variants of paragliding in Nainital, here one can make a selection which fits in their preference list. If you are looking for a small window, then you can choose the glide for 3 to 9 minutes, but if this doesn’t satiate your hunger for adventure, then you can go for the enticing glide of 30 to 45 minutes. The heavenly sight of the enthralling surroundings dotted with varied biodiversity of Naukuchiatal and terraced farms can be embraced on your glide and it gives a feeling that you are flying in virtual heaven.
You can embark on many paragliding tours in Nainital where you can choose from a list of power-packed deals which include camping and trekking and other recreational activities like river crossing, zip-lining etc. After your paragliding venture, you can spend a fun frolic night with your family or friends at the campsite, which is spiced up with BBQ dining, music, and dancing around the bonfire.
Paragliding is a non-motorized ride whose launching and landing both depend on the flow of the wind, so make sure the weather is apt for the sport. Limitations which come with a human body that says you cannot fly but what if you can, all you need is an extra pair of artificial wings and little training to play with the wind. Don’t miss this fun ride, it is an adventure worth the risk and a sport that intoxicates your adrenaline for days after your glide.
People Also Ask About Paragliding in Nainital
Which are the best places for paragliding in and near Nainital?
1. Naukuchiatal: Naukuchiatal is one of the best places for paragliding in Nainital, especially if you are looking forward to reveling in the panoramic and endless beauty of the mountains. At the height of 1700 meters above sea level, you will feel the adrenaline rush and a unique sense of freedom. The Naukuchiatal range is visible from such a height along with the tranquil Bhimtal Lake. While gliding through the air, you can also marvel at the lush green terraced fields of the lower mountain slopes along with the deep gorge lying ahead.
Timing: 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Price: INR 3400 (approx.)
2. Bhimtal: In Bhimtal, you will be soaring high in the free air at a thrilling height of 1370 meters. As the jump location is in close vicinity to the Bhimtal Lake, the first sight that will capture your eyes is that of the lake itself. You will be able to fly between 2 to 10 minutes under the guidance of a supervisor. Some of the most exquisite views that you can catch a glimpse of are the Bhimtal ranges, the mystical dense forests of Uttarakhand, and the far-off snow-capped Himadri ranges.
Timing: 8 AM to 5 PM
Price: INR 2000 (approx.)
What are the different types & levels of paragliding in Nainital?
The different kinds of Paragliding in Nainital are soaring, cross-country flying and thermal flying whereas the various paragliding levels fall under soaring and these involve high fly, normal fly, and short fly.
1. Soaring: This kind of paragliding is dependent entirely on the movement of the wind. Fixed objects like a dune or ridge are sought that helps in the glider’s upward movement. The soaring along a slope depends on the speed and steadiness of the wind.
The levels in soaring (paragliding) are:
-High fly: for fifteen to forty-five minutes
-Normal fly: for three to ten minutes
-Short fly: for thirty to ninety seconds.
2. Cross-Country Flying: This technique requires moving frequently from a single thermal to the next one. Here paragliders must be knowledgeable enough regarding aviation maps, flying regulation, and air law.
3. Thermal flying: This method demands more persistence, precision, and makes use of the warm air and heat from the surroundings. Here a paraglider rises gradually and detaches the thermals from that very source that was used during takeoff time.
Can one capture his/her video while paragliding in Nainital?
Yes, you can capture videos and take photographs while Paragliding in Nainital to have an everlasting memory of the best time you had, for a lifetime.
How high can you fly in paragliding in Nainital?You can take a flight of three thousand feet for twenty to thirty minutes when paragliding in Nainital.
Is there any weight limit to do paragliding in Nainital?
Yes, you must be in between the weight range of 15 kgs - 60 kgs in order to enjoy a paragliding experience in Nainital. If you do not fall under the specified weight range, you shall not be allowed to participate in the activity due to safety constraints.
What clothes to wear for paragliding in Nainital?
Here is all that you must wear when Paragliding in Nainital:
-To ensure proper circulation of blood, you must wear loose socks and sturdy shoes
- Make sure you are carrying windproof jackets, thermals, and woolen clothes as you may encounter freezing temperatures
- Instructors recommend that you do not wear jeans and stick to track pants especially when you intend to paraglide
- To steer clear from frostbites, you must wear gloves.
What will be the duration of paragliding in Nainital?
Your paragliding experience in Nainital would last for approximately 15 minutes. However, they shall be exclusive of the time taken to prepare you, get you into your safety gear and get you out of the same after the completion of the activity
Is paragliding in Nainital easy?
Yes, you do not need to have any expertise in order to enjoy paragliding in Nainital. You shall be accompanied by a professional paragliding pilot who shall take care of an enjoyable ride as well as your safety.
The experience is totally adequate for first-time gliders, apart from being great fun.
Can we do Tandem Paragliding in Nainital?
Yes, you can enjoy Tandem Paragliding in Nainital, moreover, this is a more favorable activity which is practiced here, As in this adventure you don't need any kind of skills, all you need to take care of is to follow the guidelines of the instructor, and you are ready to go!. This is preferred by a noteworthy count of tourists, as it is a little more safe as you are accompanied by a trained professional which lowers down the risks.
What are the things I should keep in mind before I do paragliding?
Planning to glide over the scenic wonders of Nainital? If yes then make sure you visit the upland in the best months, so that you can experience the serenity at its best. Apart from this, you need to take care of the weight category, which is from 15 to 60 kg, as if you don’t fall in this range then will not be allowed to witness the sport.
Is December a good time for Paragliding in Nainital?
Yes, Paragliding in December is absolutely safe and amazing. As, at this time you can take a glimpse of the snow-cladded peaks and pine trails, which are an excellent epitome of tranquil settings. Be it the striking summers or chilling winters, this activity can be enjoyed in both seasons. But in the monsoons, the sport is shut down as the region receives a lot of rainfall, which makes it inoperable.
What is the best time for paragliding in Nainital?For enjoying every single second of paragliding in Nainital, the best seasons are either summer or the early winter. March to June and September to early December are the two times you can paraglide in the mountain city and experience the thrill and exuberance. Since Nainital receives a fair amount of rain during monsoons, avoid the months of July and August.
What is the price for paragliding in Nainital?The price for paragliding in the hill town of Nainital will vary from place to place. Under normal circumstances, the cost ranges between INR 1300 to INR 1800. But, if you want to make videos or wish to bring an action camera along with you, the charges will increase. It usually varies between INR 2000 and INR 2500.
Why is paragliding in Nainital so famous?Nainital or Lake City is a famous spot for paragliding due to various reasons. First, the soaring height at which you will stay afloat in the air offers some of the pristine views of surrounding mountain ranges, the famous Bhimtal Lake, the deep gorges and creeks flowing through them, and the high mountain peaks of the Himadri ranges covered with snow.