Scuba Diving around Mumbai1.Tarkarli
Try your hands on scuba diving in Mumbai as the beautiful Arbaian sea has plenty of undiscovered adventures for you . These once relatively unknown destinations have now become famous as incredible dive sites for avid scuba divers. Sindhudurg Fort in Tarkarli is one of the most famous dive sites in the region due to its clear waters and underwater inhabitants that fascinates the new as well as seasoned divers.
Murud and Devbagh have also emerged as prominent destinations for scuba diving in recent years. The most important factor that gives you an incredible experience of scuba diving near Mumbai is the clear water of the Arabian Sea. Dive sites like Tsunami Beach, Sindhudurg Fort, Vengurla Rocks, Konkan Coasts and Dandeshwar have clear water which offers a perfect environment for scuba divers to enjoy the best views of marine lives.
These are ideal destinations for avid divers where they can get amazing views of colorful corals, massive underwater rocks and caves, a variety of fish, crustaceans and lots more. Most of the diving sessions are for 30 to 45 minutes and it can be either between 10 to 20 meters underwater or 20 to 30 meters depending on your experience and swimming abilities.
People Also Ask About Scuba Diving in Mumbai
Which are the best places for scuba diving near Mumbai?1. Tarkarli: Tarkarli has some of the best sites for scuba diving near Mumbai. The coastline of this wonderful beach town is home to beautiful coral reefs, exotic fish, dolphins, unique underwater plants and lots more. There is much to explore and discover along the coastline of Tarkarli and the best way to do it is by scuba diving. The activity is performed under professional supervision and you can indulge in it even if you do not have any prior experience in scuba diving. Appropriate briefing and instructions will be given before the dive.
- Location: Tsunami Island, Tarkarli, Maharashtra
- Price: Average price starts from INR 850 per dive.
2. Devbagh: With the rise in scuba diving enthusiasts in the country, Devbagh in Maharashtra has also entered the list of being one of the best dive sites for scuba diving in Mumbai, along the Konkan Coasts. The clear water of the Arabian Sea and the spectacular marine lives here makes Devbagh one of the best areas for scuba diving near Mumbai. From colorful corals to wide varieties of fish to dolphin sightings experience it all in your scuba diving expedition in Devbagh. The entire activity is supervised by experts and with quality equipment.
- Location: Devbagh, Maharashtra
- Price: Starting from INR 1000 per person
3. Malvan: The clean beaches and pristine surroundings of Malvan attract several visitors from nearby towns and cities on a regular basis. Scuba diving is another attraction here that has drawn several visitors. The dive site is near the famous Sindhudurg Fort and the main attraction here are the variety of colorful fishes, amazing corals and other water animals that are simply indescribable. The dive site is safe and all safety measures and equipment are in place. The underwater visibility here is great and you can see a wide variety of marine life and it is one of the best places for scuba diving around Mumbai.
- Location: Sindhudurg Fort, Malvan, Maharashtra
- Price: Starts at INR 2500 per person
4. Vengurla: Vengurla is a fascinating holiday destination and its most popular scuba diving site is Vengurla Rocks which was also known as Nivti Lighthouse. This dive site offers a wide variety of underwater rocks, schools of fish such as the red snapper, angel fish, etc., colorful corals and so much more. One of the most exciting diving activities here is exploring the famous underwater shipwreck. Vengurla Rocks has PADI certified instructors and diving experts who will ensure you have one of the best experiences keeping all safety measures in place.
- Location: Vengurla, Maharashtra
- Price: Starting from INR 1500 per person
Can a non-swimmer dive in Mumbai?Yes, a non-swimmer can also indulge in scuba diving around Mumbai. Scuba diving at the introductory level does not have swimming as a prerequisite. Non-swimmers can try out Try Scuba or PADI Discover Scuba Diving Program. For these dives, an instructor is present with you during the dive and will ensure your safety throughout the dive.
What is the cost of Scuba diving in Tarkarli?The cost of scuba diving in Tarkarli can range anywhere from INR 900 to INR 2500 depending on the kind of dive and facilities you want to include. You can choose from a wide range of diving packages such as shallow sea diving, deep sea diving, shallow diving with water sports or combo packages. Each session will also include HD pictures of your experience underwater and a video as well.
What is the best time for scuba diving in Malvan?October to March is the best time for scuba diving in Malvan. The water visibility during this time is great and offers the best experiences under water.
This sightseeing place in Mumbai is one of the largest aquariums in the city of Mumbai. Situated in Marine Drive, this aquarium was founded by D. B. Taraporewala, a Parsi philanthropist, in the year 1951. The aquarium has a twelve feet long three-sixty degrees glass tunnel that holds interesting marine life. There are several species of fish here, such as damselfish, butterfly fish, tiger fish, angelfish, moss, sea urchins, sea cucumber, marine eels, etc
Priyadarshini Park and Sports Complex is a clean and well-maintained sea-facing attraction in South Mumbai. Located in one of the sophisticated localities, this Napeansea Road park overlooks many expensive apartments on the street. Every nook and corner of this 20 acres land has now become a powerhouse to keep the heart of Mumbai pumping. For more than 3 decades, this wonderland has served as a recreational site, and sports and fitness complex. Visit here early in the morning to witness the magic of this refuge for the inhabitants of Mumbai. Also, Mumbaikars do not forget to visit here in the early monsoons to sit on its sea-facing end and seek a delight with the sound of soothing waves. Once, this piece of land was merely a rocky patch of the coastal area of Malabar. What you see today is a gorgeous lush green garden lined up with a total of 600+ coconut trees. With a perfect and well-maintained ambiance, this park is a boon for early morning yoga, jogging, walking, aerobics, and so on. The credit, of course, goes to its active group – the Malabar Hill Citizen Forum, who looks after it as its own child. You can connect with their authorities to be an annual member of the plethora of recreational sports activities that they organize. In addition to pumping the adrenaline of youth with its recreational touch, Priyadarshini Park of Mumbai also serves as an ideal family outing location and a lover’s point. If you are fortunate enough, you may even witness little squirrels accompanying you here for some pleasing views.
Take a fascinating relief from the sweltering heat of Mumbai at a one-of-its-kind theme park – Snow World. Situated in Phoenix Market City, Snow World is a perfect place for your family to enjoy a day in the world of snow. The state-of-art technology at the Snow World is such that you get to witness the bliss of Kashmiri snowfall in the financial capital of India. Engineers of the Snow World have tried their best to maintain the mercury level below minus 10 degree celsius. So, spare some time from your schedule and indulge in snowy adventures like ice skating and sledging. If still your child craves for something more, lead him towards the Snow Dance Arena to witness the realistic rainfall. Watch your child building his own dream snow castle here or set him free to perform his favorite snow dance. From beginner to veteran, this world of snow has experiences for one and all. There are guides near every snow activity here to guide you with the basics to your comfort and convenience. Apart from enjoying it with your family, you may bring in your companions or your school kids and have a moment of joy with them. It is also a great place to organise your child’s first birthday or encourage his academic excellence here. Snow World, Mumbai has also been a place for corporate events in the past.