A day out at some of the best theme parks in Melbourne can be extremely fun for your family, especially for kids. There’s no better way to make your kids enjoy the trip than visiting the Melbourne theme parks, which are also one of the most visited attractions. They will enjoy a wide variety of water slides and amazing rides and it will be an unforgettable trip for them.
Besides sandy beaches, mountains, zoos, and historic sites, Melbourne is well-known for its theme parks. These are the tourist magnets and attract millions of tourists every year from across the globe. Some of the best theme parks to visit in Melbourne are Luna Park, Gumbuya World, Adventure Park, Funfields, Enchanted Adventure Green, Kryal Castle, Fairy Park, Amaze ‘n Things, Wonderland Junior, Splashland, Kidstown, and more. Most of these parks have space for BBQ. While your children enjoy thrilling rides at theme parks, you can have a great BBQ.
People Also Ask About Theme Parks in Melbourne
Which are the best theme parks in and around Melbourne?
1. Luna Park Melbourne: One of the best theme parks in Melbourne is Luna Park. This is the oldest theme park in the city, located in St Kilda right across from the beach. To entertain your kids, there’s no better place than Luna Park. They will be thrilled with rides and enjoy a variety of attractions, such as Arabian Merry, Carousel, Silly Serpent, and many more.
Location: 18 Lower Esplanade, St Kilda VIC 3182, Australia
Monday to Wednesday: Closed
Thursday and Friday: 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Entry Fee: $3.50
2. Inflatable World Maribyrnong: Inflatable World is Australia’s well-known theme park which specialises in events, parties, and inflatable indoor playgrounds. This theme park is one of the best places for your children. It is safe, fun, and has a great social environment. There are well-maintained playgrounds which will surely offer hours of fun to your children. The staff will ensure that your child plays safely.
Location: 90 Gordon St, Footscray VIC 3011, Australia
Sunday to Friday: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
$7 for 4 years or under
$11 for 5 years or older
3. Wonderland Junior: If you are in Docklands District, then it’s worth visiting Wonderland Junior. This is one of the best theme parks in Melbourne which will keep you and your child entertained for hours on end. It has Circus Train, Dodgem Cars, and the Rockin’ Tug which your kid will surely enjoy. Also, there are tons of events, live shows, and arts and crafts activities which will add more fun and thrill to your vacation.
Location: 101 Waterfront Way, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia
Monday to Friday: Closed
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Entry Fee: $18 for 10 ride tokens.
4. Santa’s the Magical Kingdom: If you are visiting Melbourne during the Christmas period, then you should visit Santa’s the Magical Kingdom. It is located in Caulfield, Victoria, and is based on Christmas-themed attractions. It is an interactive magical experience and has everything that you love about Christmas. It includes snowfalls, rides, amusements, and a variety of activities that will leave you with a lot of unforgettable memories.
Location: Gate 22 Station St, 3145 Caulfield, Victoria, Australia
Monday to Sunday: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Entry Fees: $100 for a family ticket
5. Riverwalk Village Park: Riverwalk Village Park is one of the most preferred Melbourne theme parks as it offers access to their park and BBQ areas. This is a must-visit place, especially with your kids. There are water play areas for kids, exhibition gardens, designated spaces for farmer's markets and stalls, and more. This is a theme park that has something for all ages. You can enjoy great BBQ and designated markets, while your kid can have a great time in water play areas.
Location: Newmarket Rd, Werribee VIC 3030, Australia
Timings: Monday to Sunday: 11:00 - 5:00 pm
Which is the biggest and most popular theme park in Melbourne?
One of the biggest and most popular theme parks in Melbourne is Luna Park. It is the oldest theme park in the city, located at St Kilda. When you visit this place, you will step into the world of carnivals, beautiful attractions, and thrilling rides. From spinning mini roller, and Ferris wheel Moon Balloons, to old classic rides, and nail-biting thrill rides, it has something for everyone.
Another biggest theme park is Dreamland. It is Australia's largest theme park which includes tons of rides, shows, and attractions like The Tower of Terror 2, the fastest ride in the world.
What is the best time to experience thrilling rides at theme parks in Melbourne?
The best time to experience thrilling rides at Melbourne theme parks is between September to November and between March to May. During this time, the weather is great and you will be exposed to a variety of exceptional activities in the city. The tourist crowd is also less and you can get lower airfare rates.
Which are the top rides to experience in Luna Park Melbourne?
1. Sledgehammer: Sledgehammer at Luna Park is exciting and scary at the same time. This ride is for older kids and adults, and it will surely add more thrill to your vacation. Once you onboard this ride, the hammer drops and whacks you back and forth, spins you around and delivers forces that you have never experienced. This is the ride that you must experience.
2. Little Nipper: Little Nipper is a family-friendly ride at Luna Park where you can sit right next to your partner on a train. It is a great ride, and it gives the kids the thrill they look for. When you take this ride, you will enjoy the magic of Luna Park. It is the first family-friendly ride to be launched in Luna Park.
3. Boomerang: Boomerang in Luna Park is great for kids. Not only kids, but even adults can also enjoy this ride, together with family. This ride will make you drop, spin, and twist around and do it all again backward. Kids more than 5 years of age can enjoy this ride with an adult on a green pass.
4. Twin Dragon: Twin Dragon is a Japanese pirate ship ride that will take you across the high seas. This ride has a seat for 40 people and it is the best ride to enjoy with the whole family. Twin Dragon is a swinging ride that will make your stomach rise and fall as it rocks backward and forwards in a 2-minute journey.
5. Ghost Train: While riding on this ride may not seem like a good idea at first, this is a kid-friendly attraction and one of the important pieces in Luna Park. This ride will take the brave passengers through a series of haunting passageways which also includes a ghostly portrait hall. This ride is suitable for people of all ages and you will enjoy it.
What are the best activities and attractions in Australia that you can book via Thrillophilia?Here is the list of the best Australian attractions and activities that you can book from Thrillophilia:
What is the best time to explore Melbourne?
The best time to visit Melbourne is between September to November and between March to May. This is the perfect time to explore the hidden gems of the city on foot. You can also visit Melbourne theme parks and enjoy great barbecues and picnics in beautiful parks in the city.
How to reach Melbourne?
1. By Train: You can onboard the train from Central Station, Sydney and it arrives in Southern Cross. 7 trains run weekly from Sydney to Melbourne. It will take 10h 50m to reach by train.
2. By Bus: You can get on the bus at Central Station, Forecourt, Coach Bays 5 & 6, Haymarket NSW from Sydney. It will arrive in Melbourne at Southern Cross Coach Terminal, Bay 55, 205 Spencer St VIC.
3. By Car: The best way to reach Melbourne from Sydney is to drive the car on your own. During the journey, you will explore beautiful landscapes and gorgeous beaches.
What is Melbourne famous for?
Melbourne is a multicultural city that is famous for its beautiful beaches, historic sites, museums, mountains, and zoos. One of the main attractions is theme parks in Melbourne. They have some amazing rides which will add more thrill to your vacation. You will return home with a lot of unforgettable memories.
How many days are enough to explore Melbourne?
Seven to ten days are ideal to explore the hidden gems and surrounding areas in Melbourne. If you just want to explore Melbourne city, and not the surrounding areas, then 3-4 days will be enough to explore this beautiful city. Ideally, 5 days are enough to explore the city for day trips like visiting theme parks in Melbourne, indulging in walking tours, etc.
- Gold Coast
All great cities in the world have great icons. And that icon is a point of recognition for it. And that’s what Eureka Tower is for Melbourne. It is a glistening, urban skyscraper in the modern, cosmopolitan city of Melbourne. It was named after the Eureka Stockade, which was a rebellion during the Victorian gold rush in 1854 and it is one of the famous places to visit in Melbourne.The Eureka Tower is more than just a tall building, it is a popular tourist spot. The tower stands tall at 297 meters (975 ft.). The building is gold-plated and is next to the Yarra River, in the center of the Southbank precinct. The top 10 floors have 24 carat (99.9%) gold plated glass windows. There is a constant system of pumps moving water between the two 300,000-liter tanks so it can beat the wind-induced oscillations.What makes this a very popular spot for tourists is the fantastic view from the Eureka Towers. From the top floors, one can get unrivaled views. This also happens to be the highest observation tower in the Southern Hemisphere. There are a whole lot of things that you can do here. In fact, the towers also have a range of activities available for everyone from kids to adults. There are interactive games, one can dine here and also do some shopping.These towers are more than just a tourist spots. You get to experience going up at speed -- quite enthralling. Plus, there’s something very soothing about being at a spectacular height. It still remains to be the third tallest building in Australia, with the Q1 in Queensland and Australia 108 leading the way.Checkout and Book Now: Eureka Skydeck Tickets
Luna Park, the oldest amusement park of Melbourne was built in 1912. It is brimming with various brand new thrilling rides to satisfy all the thrill seekers and is a destination for all Melbourne families as well as tourists. With existing for over 100 years, Luna Park in St. Kilda is the most renowned and adored theme park without a doubt. Roller Coaster is the most cherished attraction of the Park. The spectacular and large wooden coaster takes passengers around the entire park at lightning speed and it is one of the best places to visit in Melbourne.Luna Park extends a range of attractions and rides for every age from their latest additions, the free revolving mini roller coaster Speedy Beetle and relaxing ferries wheel Moon Balloons, to old classics such as Dodgems and fidgety thrill rides like the Pharaoh’s Curse and Power Surge.You can not miss visiting Luna Park when exploring Melbourne, no matter what your age is. You can also plan a function like kid’s parties, weddings, engagement events and Christmas parties at Luna Park.It also provides free Wi-Fi to all the visitors for smooth connection. As Melbourne’s ultimate destination for fun, Luna Park is the perfect venue for your school’s end of year activity day, school program or the start of the school holidays.Click here to Book Now: Luna Park Tickets
Situated in the heart of the city on the banks of the Yarra River, SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium is one of the best aquatic life experiences that allow visitors to discover an amazing underwater world. This aquarium houses a myriad of sea creatures in 12 unique themed zones with most of them hailing from the Antarctic and the Southern Ocean regions. Spread into four different levels, the attraction provides an interactive and immersive experience for both young ones and adults. Through this aquarium, you can interact with over 10000 aquatic creatures, including sharks, crocodiles, seahorses, sea stars, clownfish, lionfish, blue tangs, rays, sawfish, rainforest creatures, and other ocean species. You can see the king and Gentoo penguins slipping in their cozy exhibit of Penguin Playground and get into the world of mysterious jellyfish in the brand-new exhibit of Ocean Invaders. Visitors can even indulge in daily shark and ray feedings that take place every day at the aquarium.The SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium also offers guests a chance to get involved in the 4D aquatic cinema show, hands-on wave touch pools, and plenty of fun and exciting kids' activities. Therefore, this attraction has everything that will make your day one of the most enjoyable and memorable days of your life.Checkout and Book Now: Melbourne Sea Life Aquarium And Legoland Pass