1. Go back in time at the old city of Intramuros: Intramuros dates back to almost years in the past when it happened to be the colony’s centre and walls were constructed to keep it protected from all the foregin invasions. In those times, only the elite class residents were able to stay there.
At the present times, it is certainly an old world charm that is lined up with some of the beautiful spanish houses converted into exhibition halls, beautiful churches, parks, and museums. You will get a chance to visit the historical sites like Fort Santiago, Manila Cathedral, San Agustin Church, San Agustin Museum, and Casa Manila.
Price: Php 75.00 per head.
2. Go on a food crawl around Binondo, the world’s oldest Chinatown: Manila offers wonderful food crawls in the course of your visit at some of the affordable eateries serving hot and delicious chinese delicacies. You can relish dim sums dipped in hot sauce, roasted duck, lumpiang Shanghai (egg rolls with meat, fish, and vegetables), mami (noodle soup), and hopia (bean-filled pastry).
Once you are in the city, you can make your own food itinerary and join a Big Binondo Food Wok with Ivan Man Dy to take a legendary culinary journey of Manila. Taking part in these things to do in Manila experience, you will be able to learn more about some of the historic places as well.
3. Get a breathtaking view of the Manila Bay sunset: Watching the setting sun at the Manila Bay is one of the most sought after things to see in Manila for tourists coming over from various parts of the world.
Once the sun starts to begin its process of setting down the azure blue ocean, the tourists start to gather at the Manila bay to witness the world renowned view taking a leisurely walk along the Baywalk on Roxas Boulevard.
Location: Muralla St, Intramuros, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila.
3. Explore this urban park dedicated to Jose Rizal, the country’s national hero: Jose Rizal happens to be one of the top tourist attractions in manila that is located after a short walk from Intramuros.
This is one of the largest urban parks in Asia and is a favourite spot to relax. The park has also got some historical significance for Filipinos. The park is spread over an area of about 58 hectares and it houses the Philippine national hero, Jose Rizal.
Location: Roxas Blvd, Malate, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila.
4. See your aquatic dreams come to life at Manila Ocean Park: The Manila Ocean Park, Oceanarium happens to be a world class marine park that is a venue for school trips and romantic date spots.
This place is not just a place to stop and stare at the aquatic creatures, but you can indulge in a number of things to see in Manila at the amusement park.
Location: Quirino Grandstand, 666 Behind, Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila.
5. Go bargain hunting at Divisoria’s 168 Shopping Mall: Divisoria’s 168 Shopping Mall happens to be one of the top favorite shopping destinations for visitors. You can literally get anything and everything at this place at the most affordable prices. You can bargain at almost all the stores to get a great deal on products like shoes, clothes, party favours, souvenirs, tools and school supplies.
Location: 918 Soler St, Binondo, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila.
6. Immerse yourself in amazing art, history, and architecture at the National Museum: The national museum is an amazing place for art lovers as well as history buffs as it displays some of the priceless national treasures of the times gone by.
You will get to find some of the artworks of the renowned Filipino painter Juan Luna like Spoliarium and many more things to see in Manila. Visiting the Museum of natural history, you will also get to see some of the gorgeous architectural designs that houses the skeletal remains of Lolong.
Location: Padre Burgos Ave, Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila.
7. Spend the night at the Manila Hotel, Philippines’ oldest premiere hotel: In the course of your visit, you must make sure that you spend a night at the elegant five star hotel which has been serving the tourists since the year 1909.
This is one of the most loved Things to do in Manila, as this oldest premiere hotel has served a number of notable figures like Ernest Hemingway, Michael Jackson, John F. Kennedy, and The Beatles in the past. Staying at this place, you will be able to see brilliant views of the Manila bay and the old city of Intramuros. The hotel offers you a stay in the middle of impeccable interior decors, high ceiling, special designated champagne room, and a lavish multi cuisine restaurant that is just perfect for a romantic stay.
Location: One Rizal Park, Manila, Philippines, 0913.