1. Solang Valley: One of the best places to go paragliding in Manali is the Solang Valley - one of the most picturesque places in the lap of the Himalayas. You are able to soar over lush green meadows of the Solang Valley and catch an unparalleled view of the surrounding mountain ranges capped with fresh snow from your vantage point in the air.
The paragliding activity in Solang Valley also comes with an instructor with whom you can fly in tandem.
Price: INR 1,200 per person
Timing: Monday to Sunday (9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) only on a clear day
2. Fatru: If you are an adventure lover and are looking for a beautiful, secluded spot to go paragliding in Manali, you can check out Fatru. While the takeoff spot is located in the middle of an open valley, the space in which you can go paragliding is fringed with the beautiful Himalayan mountain ranges.
If you are confident and experienced, then you can enjoy this activity on your own, or go tandem flying with a trained instructor.
Price: INR 1,280 per person
Timings: Monday to Friday (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
3. Bijli Mahadev: Bijli Mahadev is an ancient temple located at a vantage point in the famous Kullu Valley in Manali. What makes this one of the best spots for paragliding in Manali is the high altitude of 6,300 feet from where you take off and the incredible sweeping views of the mountains that you can get during the experience.
During your flight, you can see some of the most remarkable landmarks in the area including the Dhauladhar mountain range, Friendship Peak and Pir Panjal Mountains. The activity is conducted in the presence of a certified professional who is tethered to you to navigate the parachute during your flight, to ensure absolute safety.
Price: INR 1700 per person
Timings: Monday to Sunday (11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. )
4. Kangra Valley: For a one of a kind experience of paragliding in Manali, you can head to Kangra Valley - which is one of the most picturesque places in Himachal Pradesh. During your flight, you can catch incredible views of the ancient Tibetan Monasteries on the lap of the Himalayan Mountains.
It is recommended that you go sometime during the afternoon, so that you can catch the magical golden light of the sun on these temples and mountains. You can also check out several hidden mountain lakes, forests, valleys and other attractions from a birds eye view.
Price: INR 2000 per person
Timings: Monday to Sunday (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
5. Marhi: Taking off from an impressive height of 3360 metres, Marhi offers the perfect starting point for a wonderful adventure in Manali. The experience is famous for the sweeping views of the valleys it offers, along with the misty hills of the Himalayas.
This is one of the best locations for novices as well as adventure enthusiasts who want to go paragliding in Himachal. You can do this with a trained and certified professional who will manoeuvre the parachute and help you with the taking off and landing aspect of the activity.
Price: INR 1780 per person
Timings: Monday to Sunday (10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
You may Also Checkout: Kullu Manali Couple Packages