Popular Madurai Packages
Madurai Tour Packages
|6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 12500|
|10 Hours||₹ 3700|
|4 Hours||₹ 1200|
|4 Hours||₹ 1299|
|3 Hours||₹ 2000|
Madurai Tour Packages are available for the travelers to explore the city. It has many tourist attractions to offer. Being the oldest city of Tamil Nadu, Madurai or the temple city is one of the perfect destinations for all tourists in the world to at least visit once. Madurai city is also known for its style of art and architecture, historic temples, and marketplaces. The cycle rickshaw tour is conducted twice a day which can help you roam about the place. The main attraction of Madurai for tourist is Meenakshi Amman Temple. Apart from the religious places and majestic temples, many more interesting places are there to explore in Madurai for the tourists including Gandhi Museum, Vandiyur, Mariamman Teppakulam, Thiru Nayak Palace, Athisayam, Vandiyur Kanmoy Tourist Complex, Raja Children's Park. The culture of the place includes magnificent artwork, traditional folk dances, handicrafts, drama performances etc. that one can witness while touring the place. Tamil is the main language of Madurai. Meenakshi Thirukalyanam festival which is also known as Chithirai Festival is very famous here and attracts more than one million travelers each year. Pongal is the traditional festival here.
The temple city celebrates many other Tamil festivals like Dance Festival Jallikattu as well as Float Festival. The unique celebration of the festival attracts thousands of pilgrim visitors. The nightlife of the city also attracts visitors. The city is popularly called 'Thoonga Nagaram' which means the city never sleeps because of the nightlife. The city is famous for Jasmine flowers as well. Explore for street food like Chettinadu, paruthi paal, Jigarthanda, idiyappam with coconut milk while touring Madurai. Shop for Sungudi cotton saree which is made by the local technique of tie-and-dye. The city, on the other hand, is popular for its South-Indian cuisine. The locals are very hospitable and helpful which would make your trip memorable. So, opt for Madurai tour packages and marvel at the beauty of Madurai.
People Also Ask About Madurai Tours
What are the famous places to visit on a sightseeing tour in Madurai?
Sites to be visited while on a sightseeing tour in Madurai are as follows:
- Meenakshi Temple - An ancient Hindu Temple
- Thiruparankundram - A suburb area in the district of Madurai
- Thirumalai Nayakkar Palace - A palace constructed in the seventeenth century by Thirumalai Nayak
- Gandhi Museum - There is a picture gallery. The gallery includes paintings, photographs, copies of Gandhiji’s letter. The museum also showcases artifacts
- Alagar Koil - A Lord Vishnu Temple
- Rajaji Park - A children's Park
- Kazima Mosque and Maqbara
- Athisayam- A picnic spot
- Vandiyur Kanmoy Tourist Complex - The complex houses a children's train, boating facilities as well as a restaurant
- Koodal Azhagar Temple
- Samanar Hills
- Vaigai Dam
- Mariamman Teppakulam
Which are some famous walking tours in Madurai?
While exploring Madurai, you can take up long walking tours that are conveniently led by the Madurai guides. This is an excellent way of exploring the city with close vicinity. The guide would give you knowledgeable information about the places. The attractions that you can explore while taking up walking tours are as follows:
- Meenakshi Temple - The temple is spread over an area of 15 acres accommodating 4500 pillars as well as 12 huge pillars.
- Tirumalai Nayak Palace - You can explore this ancient beauty and also witness a light and sound event held here each evening.
- Puthu Mandapam - A pillared hall constructed in the seventeenth century that houses various stalls selling excellent fabrics, scarves, accessories, artwork, handicrafts etc. Walk and shop!
- Banana Market - A wholesale banana market selling as much as sixteen varieties of bananas.
Which are the famous pilgrimage tours in Madurai?
Madurai is also popularly called as South India's 'Temple City'. It is one of the oldest cities of Tamil Nadu that is jam-packed with temples and holy places. The scriptures of the temples situated here are popular for the beautiful carvings and attract numerous tourists each year. Some of the popular places to be visited are as follows:
- Alagar Koil
- Thirupparankundram Temple
- Pazhamudhir Solai
- Meenakshi Temple
- Koodal Azhaar Temple
Where can do a Cycle Rickshaw Tour around Madurai?
A unique way to explore Madurai is via a Rickshaw ride. This is a thrilling way to explore the various offerings of the place. You get to witness the various activities of Madurai while taking a Rickshaw. These rides are generally for a duration of around 4-5 hours. You can do the following while taking up a rickshaw tour:
- Visiting and adoring the Temples
- Visiting St.Mary’s Church
- Exploring the Bamboo Marketplace
- Pass via the lanes and streets of Madurai
- Visit the banana market
- Visit the local workshops and explore the traditional ways of working
When is the best time to visit Madurai for its festivals?
Madurai is a city that can be visited all around the year. Many visitors gather in the city at the time of festivals. The best time to visit Madurai for its various festivals are as follows:
- January - Pongal is one of the major harvest festivals of Madurai.
- April and May - Chithirai Festival is celebrated in the Tamil month of Chithirai which falls in April and May on the full moon day. It is also one of the largest festivals of the city and is gloriously celebrated
- August and September - In the months of August and September Avani Moola takes place.
- Mid - January and mid -February - Float Festival is also one the main festivals of Madurai. It is celebrated on the full moon night.
- January/March/November/December - Various dances are performed by participants who come from all over the nation. It is Fifteen – day festival which is popularly known as 'The Dance Festival'.
Which are the famous localities for a food tour in Madurai?
Travelers like to try the local delicacies while touring a place. One of the major attractions of any place is the cuisine. The places to visit for trying out various delicacies are as follows:
- Kari Dosai at Konar Mess
- Idli at Murugan Idli Shop
- Idiyappam at Burmah Idiyappa Kadai
- Paruthi Paal at the streets of the city
- Parotta at Sultan restaurant
- Kola Urundai at Chandran Mess
- ‘Full Meals’ at Shriram Mess
- Kalkandu Sadham at Sri Nagalakshmi Annexe
- Meen Kuzhambu at Amma Mess
- Jigarthanda at Famous Jigarthanda
- Snacks at Jayaram Fast Foods
- Surya Restaurant
- Taj Restaurant
- Emperor Restaurant
- Dhivya Mahal Restaurant
- Anna Meenakshi Restaurant