Kuala Lumpur Water Sports
Browse through a wide range of Water Sports in Kuala Lumpur with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book adventure watersports activities in Kuala Lumpur with exciting deals & offers.
Besides the tall skyscrapers and wide range of sightseeing attractions, it is the availability of various Water Sports in Kuala Lumpur that make this holiday destination popular among adventure enthusiasts. A popular tropical paradise, Kuala Lumpur is surrounded by numerous amazing islands and beaches where you can indulge in water sports and activities to curb the adrenaline rush within you.
From enjoying views of the surrounding natural landscapes of the turquoise lagoons, to enjoying parasailing, scuba diving, boating as well as wakeboarding and other sports, you are sure to find something worth your fancy. Kuala Lumpur is also ideal to get the best of many different types of underwater activities as well.
The Kuala Lumpur Water Sports also allow you the chance to explore the stunning natural beauty of the land, from the gushing rivers and confluence of the Klang and Gombak rivers, to the Strait of Malacca in the west.
For amateurs, there are safer water sports options, including boating, river cruising, banana boat rides or even kayaking. On the other hand, thrill seekers can indulge in white water rafting, flyboarding or even diving with the sharks and bubble sports. Some islands also offer you a chance to conquer the waves by surfing. So, what are you waiting for? Book a holiday to Kuala Lumpur and awaken the water sport fanatic within you.
People Also Ask About Water Sports in Kuala Lumpur
Which are the best Water Sports to do in Kuala Lumpur?
1. White Water Rafting: White water rafting is one of the best Water Sports in Kuala Lumpur. When visiting the city for a holiday, head over to Kampar River, which boasts of crystal-clear waters and amazing Class I to III rapids, which are perfect for this sport.
While cruising along the gushing waters of the river, you will also get a chance to witness the spectacular natural vistas along the way, from exotic rainforests to vibrant species of butterflies and birds, and more. White water rafting on the Kampar River will also let you float down by old tin mining plains, while also splashing you with the cold water from time to time.
Location: Sg Kampar White Water Rafting, No. 46, Kpg Lawan Kuda, Gopend, Kuala Lumpur 31600, Malaysia
2. Flyboarding: Flyboarding ranks at the top of the list of best Kuala Lumpur Water Sports. All you have to do in this activity is let go of your fear as you cruise along the water like a bird. This fun and thrilling water sport challenges your balancing skills on a fly board, as you jump up to greater heights and surf in the air. It is quite easy once you get a grip, and you can even try new stunts while enjoying this water activity.
Location: Flyboard Malaysia, Marina Putrajaya Sdn. Bhd., 1, Jalan P5/5, Presint 5, 62200 Putrajaya, Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3. Bubble sports: Looking for unique Water Sports in Kuala Lumpur? Try bubble sports during your vacation here. Bubble sports are a relatively newer kind of water activity, wherein you have to get inside on a bubble tube or ball, and then indulge in different sports, from soccer and rugby, to others.
You can even float on water or try to walk on water while you are inside the bubble, which is an experience like no other. Bubble sports also help to enhance your strategic thinking methods and skills, whilst also stimulating your mind.
Location: Bubble Sports MY, 2, Jalan 19/1, Seksyen 19, 46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4. Shark diving: In search of Kuala Lumpur Water Sports that will challenge the adventurer in you? Then shark diving is the sport that you are looking for. Whether you are a certified diver, or an amateur, you can now get a short briefing and training session, put on your diving gear, and get inside the waters to dive with these majestic sea creatures.
Simply head to Aquaria KLCC and take the plunge inside the 2.5 million litre oceanarium tank to get a chance to meet a shark from up close. You will be able to see 5 different species of sharks during this activity, along with other sea creatures, making it an activity to remember for a lifetime.
Location: Aquaria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5. Wakeboarding: Wakeboarding is another one of the top Water Sports in Kuala Lumpur that you should definitely give a try. Amongst the most popular water sports in the region, this high adrenaline pumped sport requires you to stand on a wakeboard with foot bindings.
This wakeboard is towed behind a motorboat, making you ride along the waters seamlessly. You can also try a variety of aerial movements and stunts during the activity. All you need to do is get a short training for the sports, wear your water-resistant helmets and step into the water.
Location: The Mines, 33, Jalan Tasik Selatan 30, Desa Tasik, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Also Explore: Places to Visit in Kuala Lumpur
Which beaches are famous in Kuala Lumpur for water sports?
1. Layang Layang Beach: Layang Layang Beach is one of the best beaches to try Kuala Lumpur Water Sports. Boasting of pristine blue waters, clear skies and fine sands, this beach is a perfect place for lovers of water sports and activities. It is here where you can indulge in diving, snorkelling, surfing, parasailing and a lot of other sports.
2. Tioman Island Beach: The beaches in Tioman Island rank amongst the top places to visit if you wish to try the Water Sports in Kuala Lumpur. All of the five beaches here are considered great for exploring the mysteries of the underwater world, making them perfect for scuba diving and snorkelling. You can also try banana boat rides and kayaking here.
3. Batu Ferringhi: Located on Penang Island, a few kilometres from Kuala Lumpur, this beach is another great place to try a wide array of water sports and activities. The white sandy beach and cool, turquoise ocean waters here are perfect for activities like windsurfing, parasailing and jet skiing, among other things.
4. Langkawi Island: One of the best places around Kuala Lumpur to indulge in different water sports is the Langkawi Island. From boating, kayaking, canoeing and banana boat rides, to scuba diving, snorkelling, surfing and wakeboarding, the water sports here are sure to keep you enthralled.
Suggested Read: Things to Do in Kuala Lampur
Where can I do scuba diving in Kuala Lumpur?
1. Langkawi Island: Scuba diving is one of the best Water Sports in Kuala Lumpur that you must try at least once. And the best place to do scuba diving in Kuala Lumpur is at Langkawi Island. The island is home to some of the most vibrant coral reefs and a wide range of exotic marine creatures, including pink anemonefish, butterfly fish, damselfish, sting rays, manta rays, rabbitfish and more, all of which you can see during your dive here.
2. Pulau Tioman: This is a group of volcanic islands, which are amongst the top places to enjoy scuba diving in and around Kuala Lumpur. You can enjoy a visibility of around 5 to 10 metres in the water, and admire some of the most beautiful coral reefs, and an array of colourful marine life as you dive deep into the waters.
3. Perhentian Island: Easily accessible by Kuala Lumpur, the Perhentian Island is another great place to try scuba diving during your Malaysian holiday. You can see a lot of different species of fishes here, along with the rare sting and manta rays.
4. Tenggol Island: Boasting of a number of diving spots, Tenggol Island is known for its nice ocean currents that are favourable for scuba diving. From cuttlefish and manta rays, to whale sharks, coral reefs and other exotic marine species, you can see it all when you dive here.
Suggested For You: Beaches Near Kuala Lumpur
When to visit Kuala Lumpur?The best time to visit Kuala Lumpur is between the months of December to February and then from May to August. This is when the weather is relatively less humid, with little to no rainfall, making it perfect to enjoy sightseeing, water and adventure activities in and around Kuala Lumpur.
Popular Read: Spas in Kuala Lumpur
How can we go to Kuala Lumpur?The best way to reach Kuala Lumpur is by air. The city is connected to the rest of the world by the KL International Airport. Regular direct as well as connecting flights from India also fly to this airport from major cities like Delhi, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Kochi, Chennai, Mumbai and Kolkata, among others. Some of the airlines that operate between India and Kuala Lumpur include Air Asia, Singapore Airlines and Malaysia Airlines.
You May Also Like: Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
What is Kuala Lumpur popular for?
Kuala Lumpur is famous for being the largest city in all of Malaysia, in addition to being home to tall skyscrapers, magnificent shopping malls, popular monuments, vibrant markets and a bustling nightlife.
From trendy nightclubs, lounges and bars, 2 of the largest shopping malls in the world and the stunning Petronas Twin Towers, to lip-smacking food, ancient temples and more, Kuala Lumpur has it all. Some of the attractions that contribute to its fame include Chinatown, KLCC Park, Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, National Museum and Petaling Street, among others.
Suggested Explore: Kuala Lumpur Theme Parks