Water Activities in KrabiWindsurfing, Scuba diving, Snorkeling, Sea Kayaking, White Water Rafting, Wakeboarding, Kite Surfing, Canoeing, Speedboat, Jet Ski and many more. Explore!
The water sports in Krabi has made it one of the most famous destinations amid water enthusiasts and beach lovers. For the double dose of adrenaline rush and to overcome all your fears of water and underwater activities, Krabi is an ideal location as you get the best of water activities which will make you go crazy with excitement and fun.
A great thing about the water activities in Krabi is that you do not even have to know how to swim, yet indulge in the water adventure. From the high energy action on the water surface to mind-boggling underwater quests, Krabi keeps you hooked throughout your trip. So all the water babies and adventure fanatics, Krabi water sports gives you the best aqua experience without compromising on anything. You get to see the marine life very closely in the deep crystal clear water, making your experience even more beautiful and memorable.
People Also Ask About Water Sports in Krabi
What are other things to do in Krabi?
Krabi is a lot more than beaches and islands. Although the water sports in Krabi is unmatched and enthralling, the other attractions and activities should also be explored to have the best memorable trip to Krabi. Begin with-
1. Cave exploration at Railay Beach
2. Explore the surreal beauty of Thung Teao Forest Natural Park. It is a home to numerous animals and plants which enhances the overall beauty in folds. This park has a pool which is known as Emerald Pool. It has warm water naturally which is crystal clear. A dip in this pool is a must to relax and unwind. Keep an eye for the Pita Gurney bird, which was once considered an extinct species.
3. Temple Visit in a Cave at Wat Tham Sua
4. Take A Dip At Klong Thom Hot Springs. If you wish to relax your mind, body, and soul; then this is the place you should see. The hot spring water at Klong Thom soothes your body which is a must-have for a perfect holiday experience.
5. Explore Krabi Town. Enjoy the local life of Krabi at Krabi town. The specialty of this town is that it has not changed with time or to cater to the influence of the tourists. It still has its old charm which makes it a must-visit place to explore.
6. Shopping at the night market. Pick up some souvenirs at the local night market of Krabi. It is open every Friday to Sunday. There are around 70 food stalls that serve local cuisines. Ensure to try out their special coconut ice cream which is drooling tasty.
7. Visit elephant sanctuary
8. Visit Wat Kaew Temple
9. Indulge in local cookery classes
10. Lastly, end your trip with a good spa
What water activities can small kids do in Krabi?
The water in Krabi Islands and beaches are very clear and not very strong. Hence, kids can undertake a lot of water sports. They can try kayaking, snorkelling, canoeing, speedboat (with others), swimming, etc. However, a little guidance and observation is recommended by the adults for their safety and wellbeing.
Can I wear spectacles/contact lenses during water sports in Thailand?
Yes, you can wear spectacles or contact lenses during numerous water sports in Thailand, however you need to take care of a few things before that. For instance, if you go for scuba diving, ensure to keep your eyes closed while clearing your mask; else you might lose your lenses. Hence, different water sports will have different conditions and following the guidance is a must.
What are the best watersports to do in Krabi?
1. Windsurfing: Don’t know whether to go for a sail or surf? Well, we have an ideal choice for you- Windsurfing. It combines both the elements of surfing and sailing on 1 person craft, known as sailboards. Krabi is one of the most famous destinations in Asia that offers an ideal place for windsurfing.
The picturesque locales, wind conditions and gentle waves are perfect for a breathtaking experience. However, if you feel guilty of not knowing the sport, then don’t be disheartened as you will get to know about it in just a few hours of briefing sessions. Hence be a part of this amazing water sport while holidaying in Krabi.
Location: Lanta Islands
2. Scuba diving: Scuba diving is underwater diving in which, the diver can spend a lot more time underwater with the help of scuba apparatus to see, breathe and move. Scuba diving is one of the most famous water sports in Krabi which attracts thousands of visitors from all over the world.
The place is a paradise for all the divers who love to see marine life closely. Swim with manta rays, reef fishes and namo. The limestone towers and coral reefs make it a gorgeous playground for all the deep-sea divers. The charming surrounding in the water is to die for. All you need to do it, take the basic introductory training and dive into the surreal marine world.
Location: Ko Ha Yai Caverns and Ao Nang Bay
3. Snorkeling: Snorkeling is easier as compared to scuba diving and anyone without any knowledge of swimming can also take part in it. Snorkeling involves swimming on the surface of the water with the help of a breathing tube, called snorkel and swim fins.
One of the most preferred water activities in Krabi, snorkeling takes you to the dazzling world of sea life. Snorkeling in Krabi is unsurpassed of its kind. The gorgeously formed corals, crystal clear water and the never-ending marine life, entices you to go deeper and never wish to surface again.
Location: Koh Tao, Koh Pha-Ngnan, Koh Samui in the east and Surin and Similan Islands on the west
4. Sea Kayaking: Sea Kayaking includes paddling on the water bodies on small boats. It is an ideal way to peek into the natural beauty of the sea and nearby surroundings. Krabi is blessed with awe-inspiring beauty, which makes it among the most favorite Krabi water sports.
This sport is great for all age groups to explore the verdant jungles, limestone cliffs, mangrove swamps, diverse countryside and stunning lagoons. Thus, unfold the splendor of Krabi and nearby area with sea kayaking and make memories forever.
Location: Koh Panek and James Bond Island in Nga Bay amid Phuket and Krabi
5. White Water Rafting: White water rafting is one of the most enthralling water activities which includes navigating through the rough water using an inflatable raft. It is quite risky and needs proper teamwork and briefing.
If you love rafting, then Krabi will not disappoint you. Songpeek River offers high-speed rapids for the ultimate thrill. Whatever difficulty level you choose, you are sure to experience heart-pumping drops and exciting plunges. The fun of trying to float on the foaming water of the wild river is simply unmatched and unforgettable.
Location: Songpeek River which is 1-hour drive from Ao Nang
6. Wakeboarding: Wakeboarding is a fun water activity which includes, a rider being fastened to a wakeboard and pulled behind the speedboat. The rider ski on the surface of water for an adventurous experience.
These days, wakeboarding has become one of the most famous water activities in Krabi. All you do is, grab the cable attached behind the speedboat, get on the board and zoom through the mounting jets of water. Truly an ideal sport for a fulfilled and thrilling experience.
Location: Ao Nang beaches
7. Kite Surfing: Kite surfing is a surface water sport that is wind-powered and is a combination of various water sports like surfing, wakeboarding, paragliding, snowboarding, etc. Recently, it has become one of the most sought after water sport in Krabi which brings in a huge number of tourists from all over the world.
In this, a controlled kite takes you around in the sea, beach, etc. while you try to balance on the board. It is amid the most adventurous Krabi water sports and the fun is simply unmissable.
Location: Ao Nang beach
8. Canoeing: Coming under the same umbrella as Kayaking, Canoeing is a form of water sport which includes paddling a canoe with the help of a single-bladed paddle. Canoeing allows you to explore the sea freely deep into the hidden sea caves, lagoons, mangroves and many more.
It gives you the pleasure of unwinding and appreciating nature at your own pace. Krabi is considered to be one of the best places for Canoeing and your trip to this beautiful island is incomplete without experiencing it. It is amid the finest water sports in Krabi which any tourist can ask for, in order to see the beauty of the Island.
Location: Koh Panek and the James Bond Island in Phang Nga Bay
9. Speedboat: If you desire peace and wish to explore the sea in an adventurous way, then speedboat is just right for you. It is an engine operated modern boat that is an ideal choice for all water sports lovers.
The speed, rising water jets, and the overall fun give you a double dose of adrenaline rush. If you crave adventure, then this is amidst the best water activities in Krabi.
Location: Ao Nang beach
10. Parasailing: Parasailing is an exciting water sport in which a person is hauled behind a vehicle (which is mostly a boat) while tied to a specially made canopy wing which looks like a parachute, called a parasailing wing.
While touring Krabi, ensure to experience this fulfilled water activity. You can take it individually or in a couple. Have the best time of flying in the air and then splashing into water in a jiffy with your better half that will be remembered forever. Truly an exhilarating sport to indulge in for a memorable time.
Location: Ao Nang Beach
11. Jet Ski: A Jet Ski is an engine-powered motorboat which goes on the surface of the water. It is mainly used in beaches and sea as part of water sport activity. If the thrill is Nirvana for you, then you definitely need to experience Jet Ski.
Fast and furious, Jet Ski allows you to explore the vast sea in a jiffy. Do it solo or in couple, this adventurous sport will bring out the most daring part in you. For the people who do not believe in slow and steady, Jet Ski is just right for you and Krabi is an ideal place for this breathtaking sport.
Location: Ao Nang Beach
Which are the best beaches in Krabi for watersports?
1. Ao Nang Beach: You can enjoy snorkeling, kayaking or simply enjoy the hot spring water at Ao Nang Beach. Comparatively a less crowded beach, it is an ideal place to indulge in water sports and has a relaxed holiday experience.
2. Railay Beach: Admire the awe-inspiring beauty of marine life in the crystal clear water through scuba diving at Railay Beach. You may also try snorkeling for a fulfilling experience. This beach is one of the best places that offer Krabi water sports with stunning views.
3. Four Krabi's Island: It includes 4 small islands, Tup Island, Phranang Beach, Chicken Island, and Poda Island. All these islands offer amazing water sports. Try our snorkeling, scuba diving and speedboat rides at these little islands.
4. Koh Phi Phi Island: Ideal for snorkeling, scuba diving or simply leisure swimming, Koh Phi Phi Island is a beautiful Island to indulge in some exciting water activities.
5. Long Beach, Ko Lanta: A much less crowded, this beautiful beach provides various water sports which include, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, surfing, etc. It is also an ideal place to simply relax and unwind for a perfect holiday experience.
What is the minimum age required to do water activities in Krabi?
Kids as little as 5-6 years can take part in various water sports in Krabi. They can experience snorkeling, boat rides, white water rafting, diving, etc. However, proper parental guidance is important. Also, kids who are not physically fit should not take part in such activities. This is in the interest of the safety of kids.
What is the best time to visit Krabi for water sports?
If you are a water sports lover, then you are sure to experience the best water sports in Krabi, however, the weather plays a very important role. Hence, it is important to choose the time to visit very wisely. The best time to visit Krabi for water sports is during the non-monsoon season which is between October to April.
So, plan out your trip between these months if you do not wish to miss out on any of the water activities. Have a fun-filled and memorable trip to Thailand with adventurous water activities and lip-smacking cuisines.
What are the best watersports in Krabi for couples?1. Sea Kayaking: Generally done in pairs, the experience of kayaking through the stunning emerald waters of Krabi Island is quite unparalleled. Enjoy the best of Krabi’s sea life as you make your way across limestone cliffs, mangrove forests, sea caves, and hidden lagoons.
2. Scuba Diving: Offering a thrilling insight into the rich marine life off the coast of Krabi Island, Scuba diving is one of the most popular water activities here. This guided activity takes you closer to the other-worldly underwater beauty of Krabi, with its fishes, reefs, and coral life.
3. White Water Rafting: If you’re a couple with a taste for adventure, then this activity is made just for you. The sport involves cutting your way across river rapids on an inflatable boat, assuring exciting plunges and drops.
4. Kite Surfing: A fairly new sport, kite surfing involves surfing on the waves while attached to a kite flowing overhead.
Which are the best waterparks in Krabi for watersports?
Yes, there are some very famous water parks for water adventures in Krabi. They are:
1. Brill's Fishing & Water Park
2. Poppy's Minigolf & Kebab Café
3. Lanta Haven Water Park & Mini Golf