The splendid beauty, the natural panorama and the mystic charm of Kodaikanal can be best experienced while indulging in the happening Nightlife in Kodaikanal. Unlike other hill stations, Kodaikanal spells an enduring charm when the sun starts to set.
From the shining night food streets to the adventurous and happening experiences, a night here in Kodaikanal offers you many memorable and exciting experiences. Loaded with a plethora of entertainment options like a night safari in the woods and Camping at Bear Shola Falls, Kodaikanal stays crowded in the night too.
Kodaikanal nightlife does not include sightseeing and adventures only, as this place also houses many famous food joints which specifically operate in the nighttime only. From watching your favourite pizza being tossed at 3 in the morning to binging on local delicacies like Thukpa soup, here you will find numerous places to enjoy late night snacks for your midnight cravings. The beautifully cascading waterfalls, the flower beds, shining night sky and calming vibes collectively make Kodaikanal one of the most beautiful locations of Tamil Nadu.
People Also Ask About Nightlife in Kodaikanal
What are the best things to do in Kodaikanal at night?
1. Trek to Dolphin’s Nose: Even after being a small trek covering just round 2 KM, the trek to the Dolphin’s Nose or Echo Point makes sure that you marvel at the beautiful panoramas of the low lying valleys and the beautifully shining night sky.
The trek has a moderate level of difficulty and takes around 3 hours to get complete, thus making it one of the best experiences of Nightlife in Kodaikanal. The path to the top is smooth and provides you with many beautiful backdrops to take some memorable pictures.
Location: Dolphins nose Rd, Adrlei, Burliyar, Tamil Nadu 643103.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
2. Take a Night Safari: Being a home to many beautiful greens and dark woods, the thrilling and surreal surroundings of Kodaikanal provide the visitors with an opportunity to indulge in the best safari of their life.
The beautiful Mango Temple and Palani Hills can be enjoyed while opting for a night safari and traversing through the lush green vegetation. Get your flashlights ready and look for shining eyes in the night, and if lucky enough, you may also get a chance to spot some wild animals like monkeys and deers, thus making your Nightlife in Kodaikanal a memorable experience.
Location: Kurinji Andavar Temple Road, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101.
Price: INR 3000 to INR 5000.
Timings: 8:00 PM to 12:00 PM.
Also Checkout: Kodaikanal Tour Packages From Bangalore
3. Go on a Bike Tour: The best way to enjoy the beauty and tradition of any city is to indulge in its local colours and stay like a local, thus a bike tour of the city on your own will let you unravel many hidden gems of the town.
Since Kodaikanal is a small town, thus reaching from one point to another is easy and by taking a bike, you can travel whenever you want. Traversing the beautiful lanes of the town, that too in the night time will undoubtedly turn out as the best experience of Nightlife in Kodaikanal.
Location: Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101.
Price: INR 1000 to INR 3000.
Timings: 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
4. Visit Caps Fly Valley: What can be more fun than visiting a place which stands by its name “Caps Fly Valley”. Located 15 KM away from the centre, this valley stands true to its name and you can actually see any light weighted object fly back to the top whenever you throw it into a george.
Although it happens due to the varied speed of wind above and below, it still amazes numerous adventure lovers. A session of camping at night at this location will surely add much required thrill to your trip to Kodaikanal.
Location: Cap Fly Valley, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101.
5. Camping at Bear Shola Falls: Camping around a beautiful waterfall, that too at night is the best experience of Nightlife in Kodaikanal you can go for. Spending some adventurous time with your loved ones around the gushing sound of the stream and beneath the beautiful starry sky is a dream of many and Bear Shola Falls makes it true for you.
Location: Bear Shola Falls, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101.
Checkout And Book: Kodaikanal Holiday Packages
What are the best night clubs and bars in Kodaikanal?
1. The Oasis: A part of hotel Kodai International, The Oasis has been known for its tasteful cocktails which can be enjoyed at any hour of the day.
The place serves its visitors with the best food and drinks in addition to the sceneries of the beautiful locations around it. From dancing to the vibrant tours to having some fun time with your loved ones, here you can enjoy many fun-filled entertainment options.
2. Grammy: Known to be one of the most happening bars of the city where the best parties are held, Grammy has been inviting tourists since ages and is undoubtedly the best place to enjoy Nightlife in Kodaikanal. The bar is surrounded by many beautiful places which can be easily marvelled at from its rooftop.
Must Read: Places to Visit in Kodaikanal
Where can we eat in Kodaikanal at night?
1. Hotel Astoria Veg: Serving the best Idlis and Vadas in the town, this restaurant lets you indulge in the best south Indian cuisine while staying amidst some beautiful surroundings. Visit here any time of the day, and you will be served everything freshly prepared.
2. Woody’s Kodaikanal: Once you have completed your Kodaikanal nightlife tour and visited the beautiful Kodai Lake, then do not forget to enjoy a dinner at Woody's. From North Indian to South Indian and from Continental to Chinese, every cuisine is served here and everything is prepared fresh.
3. The Royal Tibet: Food in Kodaikanal has a little Tibetian touch and many delicacies are still served here which are prepared by skilled tibetial Chef. From the tasteful thukpa soup to potato and cheese momo, every delicacy can be enjoyed here.
4. Cloud Street: As chic as the name sounds, similar is this restaurant where you can enjoy many cuisines even late at night. Cloud Street is most famous for its thin crust pizza oozing cheese with every bite.
5. Aromas of Kodai: Nightlife in Kodaikanal is incomplete without visiting Aromas of Kodai and having the lip smacking Tandoori Chicken. For the vegetarians, this restaurant also serves the best pancakes you have ever had.
Must Checkout: Kodaikanal Couple Packages
Where can I go to Kodaikanal with my family at night?
1. Bear Shola Falls: This exemplary picnic spot has been inviting the visitors with its natural beauty and charm. The scenic sight of the gushing streams of water hitting the rocks below can be best marvelled at night time when the light of moon falls on its cascading waters.
2. Coakers Walk: What can be more beautiful than walking on a beautiful pathway in the middle of the night with your loved ones and creating memories while giggling around. The Cokaers walk will provide you with the best terrain on which you will get to marvel at the surrounding manicured lawns.
3. Dolphin’s Nose: Also known as the Echo Point, this location will let you marvel at the beauty of the whole town under the starry sky from a high cliff. A trip here with your family will let you enjoy many beautiful moments in addition to the family pictures with some awesome backdrops.
4. Tava: Kodaikanal nightlife is not dedicated to sightseeing and adventures only as here you can also indulge in some local flavours by visiting Tava which stays open till late hours. This vegetarian restaurant is famous for serving numerous finger licking dishes like Aloo Paratha and Malai Shimla Mirch, that too prepared by the local chefs.
5. Moir Point: Since kodaikanal is a hill station, here you will come towards numerous points from where you can enjoy the panoramic views of the whole town sleeping in the night. Moir Point is one such location and the sceneries one can enjoy from here are undoubtedly worth all the effort taken to reach here.
Also Checkout: Kodaikanal Tour Packages For Family
Do night clubs in Kodaikanal have an age-limit?
Needless to say, nightclubs everywhere have an age limit and anyone below 18 years of age cannot enter. Similar is in Kodaikanal, and here you will have to show your ID too to enter in the club.
Is alcohol available in Kodaikanal?
Yes, one can easily find beer and rum in the cafes of Kodaikanal, however there is only one alcohol shop and it is run by the government. You can buy your own drinks from there before 8:00 PM.
What is the best time to visit Kodaikanal?
The months between October to March are considered to be the best to marvel at the beauty of Kodaikanal and indulge in Kodaikanal nightlife.
Although one can visit here anytime of the year, around this time, the surroundings are much more pleasant and the temperature stays around 20 degrees.
Can we get local buses or transportation facilities in Kodaikanal at night?
No, local buses or other transportation facilities are not available in Kodaikanal at Night. If travelling at night, then make sure you have your own transportation or rent one from the local garages.
Bikes and cars can be easily rented there, thus you can have fun in the night too by visiting multiple locations on your own and experiencing the beauty of Kodaikanal nightlife.
Silver Cascade Falls is heaven for those who love to view the beauty of nature at different locations. The waterfall is located at an altitude of 2318 meter, on the road to Madurai and Kodai. The water flows down from a height of 180 feet, which makes it a beautiful sight for the onlookers. The waterfall is believed to be a remain of the Kodai Lake, where tourists can even take a dip in the water flowing down from the falls.Tourists can be seen taking a break from their ride towards Kodaikanal at the various tea stalls which can be found lined up near the falls. The remaining distance to Kodaikanal from the falls is merely 8 km. It is believed that the water from the falls is laden with various minerals, which gives these waters their healing and refreshing properties. It is a sight to watch monkeys playing on the cliff and slippery rocks of the fall. The name ‘Silver cascade’ is given to this fall, owing to the colour of the water which appears silver when flowing down the 55 meter high cliff.On either side of the cliff, you can find rugged rocks and wild foliage springing up in all directions. There is a dedicated viewing platform in front of the waterfall, which serves as an excellent point to view the flowing water fall down in a pool. One can easily reach the silver Cascade falls via local transport such as auto or rickshaw, in Kodaikanal.
Situated at a distance of 8km from the Queen of Hills, Dolphin’s Nose Kodaikanal is something you should never miss on. With an altitude of 6600 feet, the Dolphin’s Nose offers enthralling views of the entire city. Rugged terrains, clear skies, plunged valleys, and the splendour of lush green surroundings is what sums up the beauty of Dolphin’s Nose. The cliff is tucked atop a flat and protruding rock piece. It gives it a resemblance to the shape of the nose of a dolphin. This how the cliff got its identity worldwide. Even at such a height, Mother Nature has made this place available and easily accessible for tourism. So, if you are looking to spice up your Kodaikanal visit with an additional flavor, get on your adventurous sporting shoes and start ascending the route of Dolphin’s nose. For some, the path to the Dolphin’s Nose may seem to be easily accessible; for others it’s a moderately difficult one. Your trekking route to the Dolphin’s Nose is a 3 km long making its way through the rocks and pines of the Palani Hill Range. There is a village nearby and a waterfall to adore on your way to the Dolphin’s Nose. You can get along with the locals, sip a cup of tea of their style, and then move forward. Occasionally, you might come across a scenario where a mystical fog will be seen wrapping up the huge mountain ranges and the valley that goes along. Tourists usually plan a quiet retreat in the lap of the mountains here and engage themselves into a soulful introspection — the beautiful transitions at the onset of both sunrise and sunset adds-on glory to the moment. Besides, the peace and tranquillity which you experience here remain unparalleled!Sometimes, you may find the local vendors dotting the region to sell their food and fresh fruit juices. However, it might cost more than usual on your wallet.
Berijam Lake is a natural freshwater lake that is situated at a distance of 22 Km from the Kodaikanal bus stand. It has moved ahead to be one of the leading tourist destinations in Kodaikanal since 1990. The lake not only offers amazing refreshing scenic beauty for nature lovers but at the same time it also serves as a home to numerous other wildlife creatures. Tourists who love to spend some time away from the hustle and bustle of the city mostly visit this lake. You can come here with your family and friends to make memories that will last for ages.The major attraction of the Berijam lake is the sparkling blue crystalline water. This makes it difficult for nature lovers to resist the grandeur of the place. There are a number of activities like fishing, bird watching, safari tours to do here in the middle of this stunning and surreal location. In the early days, tourists used to relish boating in this wonderful lake, however, the local administration has banned boating in this lake to preserve the natural freshwater.The main reason for banning boating in the lake is that the water from the lake is used as drinking water for a nearby town. Let us uncover bit by bit about this treasured natural treasure trove of Kodaikanal.