Kodaikanal CampingBrowse through a wide range of Kodaikanal camping packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book the best camping in Kodaikanal packages with exciting deals & offers to pamper you on your Kodaikanal trip.
Kodaikanal is coveted as the Princess of Hill Stations, and Camping in Kodaikanal is one of the most scintillating activities to enjoy the beauty of this evergreen hill station. Located at an altitude of about 7000 feet above sea level, one can camp in and around Kodaikanal all around the year as the climate is usually pleasant and the valleys and mountains refreshingly green. Kodaikanal boasts of many camping options like camping on hilltops, mountains, amidst farms, terraced plantations, and pear orchards. The camps are usually rented out on a sharing basis in Kodaikanal and most camps include lunch, dinner, bed coffee, and bonfire in the evenings.
Kodaikanal Camping is delightfully blissful as it lets you stay right in the lap of nature, listening to the chirps of birds, soaking in the soul-stirring views of misty mountains, listening to the sound of the waterfalls. Hence, one can enjoy a day or two away from modern facilities and live as close as possible to Nature. Trekking is another popular activity in Kodaikanal and hence, if you are camping near Kodaikanal, do not miss enjoying the stunning trekking trails of the region.
People Also Ask About Camping in Kodaikanal
Which are the best sites for camping in Kodaikanal?1. The Pear County: Amidst a tranquil pear orchard, The Pear County is one of the best sites for camping in Kodaikanal as the place gives you so many opportunities to dwell in nature and experience the majestic beauty of it. With a perfectly synchronized blend of comfort and adventure, you have the most amazing stay and undoubtedly an outstanding time. You have diverse options of accommodation such as tents, cabins, and more. The eco-friendly campsite surrounded by lush green pear trees promises a fun-filled camping experience for you.
Location: Prakash Puram Po. Shenbaganur, Kodaikanal
Price: INR 1,680 onwards per adult
Amenities: Parking facility, Housekeeping, Lawn, Game Room, Bicycle rental, Shuttle bus service, BBQ.
2. The Misty Mountain Hop: Based at 2000 meters above sea level, the Misty Mountain Hop offers a leisure camping experience as the site is always surrounded by astounding clouds and provides a breathtaking sunrise view from the mountains. Lush green forest on both sides truly makes you realize the leisure of being in nature's lap.
The place offers you a real camping experience where you can have fun doing everything by yourself right from cooking your favourite food to enjoying a bonfire. You can enjoy other adventurous activities like trekking and wildlife watching.
Location: Prakasapuram village, Kodaikanal
Price: INR 1,500 onwards per night.
Amenities: Campfire, Charging points, Toilet, Shower.
3. Circles Camping: Located at a distance of just 5 kilometers from the town, Circles Camping is one of the pleasant places to camp in Kodaikanal. The vast green landscape and misty mountains make a perfect view for travelers and provide a soothing session. The calm and tranquil ambiance promises a serene vacay.
You can enjoy a bonfire at night and stargaze until you fall asleep. The birds chirping and the beautiful sunrise wakes you up and spreads extreme joy. Hiking, sightseeing, and cycling are some other activities that will make your mood even better.
Location: Vattakanal, Kodaikanal
Price: INR 3,500 onwards per night.
Amenities: Wifi, On-street Parking, Indoor fireplace, Pets allowed, Garden.
4. Kodai Camp: Surrounded by flourishing forests and mighty mountains, the Kodai Camp promises an adventurous and fun Kodaikanal camping experience. The place offers an endearing wildlife safari and trekking to pristine waterfalls. This organic farm camping assures you a lifetime experience.
The other recreational activities that you can perform here are swimming, smoke sauna, and rope courses. The tent stays add more fun and excitement to the whole experience. Having a delicious meal while sitting around a campfire is one of the serene moments you will have.
Location: Dindigul district, Kodaikanal
Price: INR 2,200 onwards per adult
Amenities: Food, Parking, Toilet, Pets allowed, BBQ.
5. Black Forest Tent and Trekking: Black Forest Tent and Trekking is among the stunning places to camp in Kodaikanal that offers breathtaking views, scenic waterfalls, lush green forests, and great flora and fauna. The pleasant weather of the place adds tranquility and serenity.
Refreshing boating in the beautiful lake near the campsite offers you a joyful experience. You can enjoy other adventurous sports such as kayaking, trekking, and jeep safaris. The property is apt for relaxing and rejuvenating your soul.
Location: Poondi, Kodaikanal
Price: INR 1,500 onwards
Amenities: Coffee/Tea, BBQ, Bonfire, Guide, Beds and Blankets, Toiletries.
6. Campers Valley: With a relaxing and peaceful ambiance, the CampersValley offers a rejuvenating experience of camping in Kodaikanal. The place is near other tourist places such as Pillar rocks and Guna cave, which you must visit for sightseeing and add more memories to your camping experience.
The guests are allowed to engage in other fun activities like hiking and cycling. You can enjoy natural surroundings and picturesque backdrops. The eco-friendly place assures comfort and fun. The bonfire and barbeques are the essential facilities provided to you to make your camping experience a perfect one.
Location: Poombarai, Kodaikanal 624103
Amenities: Free Parking, BBQ, Airport Shuttle, Restaurant, Internet.
7. Apache Adventure Camp: Absolute environment Friendly, Apache Adventure promises thrilling adventure activities along with camping. The site offers an extraordinary experience as it is surrounded by the majestic glory of nature and wildlife. With pleasant hospitality and professional members, your stays in camps are comfortable and delightful.
A good nutrition meal refreshes the soul and thrilling adventure activities add unbeatable joy. The special campfire experience offered at the property makes the moments worth remembering for a lifetime. Enjoy the wilderness while camping in Apache Adventure Camp. You can also enjoy a myriad of adventurous activities like archery, rock climbing, rappelling, trekking, and a lot more.
Location: #2, Police Quarter's Lane, T. Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600017
Amenities: Fireplace, Desk, Room service, Seating Area, Wake-up Service, Alarm Clock, Free Parking.
Which is the best time to visit Kodaikanal for camping?
The best time to visit Kodaikanal is during the summer months from April to June when the climate is pleasant and the sky is blue; making it ideal for outdoor activities and camping. The second best time is during the winter months from November to February when the climate is cold and foggy but the skies are clear.
The monsoon months from July to September are strictly not suggested as the slopes become slippery and landslides are a common issue during these months.
What things I must carry while camping in Kodaikanal?
- First-aid box
- Common medicines
- Torch / Solar lights
- Suitable clothing
- Sturdy shoes
What should I wear while camping in Kodaikanal?
Wear woollen clothes to keep you safe from the cold weather. Long sleeve dresses will suffice for the summer months and one might need sweaters, mufflers and jackets during the monsoon and winter seasons.
Wear sturdy shoes to protect yourself from leeches and other insects.
If you go on trekking to the summit of peaks, wear hoodies to protect yourself from cold mountain winds.
Is it safe to do camping in Kodaikanal?
Yes, it is absolutely safe to enjoy camping in Kodaikanal. The pleasant climate, easy camping policies, and the availability of numerous campsites make camping in Kodaikanal hassle-free. Nevertheless, when you choose jungle campsites, take necessary precautions as the wild bison roam around freely late in the nights.
What things I should keep in mind before going for camping in Kodaikanal?
- Always carry your identity proof during your Kodaikanal camp stay.
- While camping, take a first-aid kit with you.
- Never drink the water from a lake as it could be contaminated and can cause health issues.
- Never venture out after dark as wild bison are known to roam around at night.
- Always stay in a group.
- If you are camping for the first time in Kodaikanal and are not aware of the city’s route map, adhere to your guide’s instructions.
- Carry warm clothes to keep yourself warm.