Karjat is a quaint and naturally boastful village in Maharashtra that is a loved weekend getaway, known for a plethora of stunning attractions and adventure activities, most famous one such being Karjat camping.
From lakeside campsites to camps set-up on the foothills of mountains and around the verdant Ulhas Valley, one is spoilt for choice. Also, camps like Moonshine Hammocks, Campistaan etc. give the guests a great camping experience while not compromising on comfort and facilities.
Further, all the places for Camping in Karjat offer a great selection of accommodations like Swiss, Maharaja and luxury tents, outdoor and indoor activities including treks, kayaking, shooting/archery etc. and many other services that ensure great enjoyment for the guests.
Moreover, all the Karjat camps are also available in different price ranges, which means travelers with all budget types can get to have a thrilling experience during their vacation in Karjat.
People Also Ask About Camping in Karjat
Which are the best camping places in Karjat?
Here are some of the best places for Camping in Karjat.
1. Royal Karjat Camp: This is among the most luxurious campsites in Karjat which was designed by two friends with a strong interest in hospitality. Needless to say that this place delivers great quality facilities and experience.
From well-equipped Swiss tents, open dining space, Swimming-pool, library, coffee garden, a range of indoor and outdoor activities, and much more, your Karjat camping will be an unforgettable moment.
Location: Malwadi Rd, Nana Master Nagar, Gurunagar, Karjat, Maharashtra 410201.
Price: Starts from INR 2200.
2. Jamrung Hillside Camping: This upscale campsite sits on 2 acres of land, in the foothills of the exuberant Sahyadri Hills. The entire campsite houses 6 luxury tents that come with attached baths and all other amenities installed.
Along with that, there are several other facilities like - swimming-pool, dining space, an open terrace-like area to get the absolute views of the surroundings, Pet-friendly environment and more. The place also arranges several fun outdoor activities including treks, shooting, games etc. for the guests to have the best time.
Location: Village Jamrung, Next to – Sahyadri hills, Phase 5. Post – Ambivali Taluka- Karjat, Maharashtra- 410201.
Price: Starts from INR 7,800.
3. Moonstone Hammock: This is a unique Karjat camping site that has garnered acclaim for the floating tents. This lakeside property provides you with two accommodation options - ground tents and floating tents, both well-installed with all amenities.
Besides this, the overall setting of the dining and seating area is also made to give you a pleasant experience. During your stay here you can also expect to have outdoor and indoor games, activities like kayaking and trekking etc. and much more.
Location: Moonstone Hammock Camping Grounds, Karjat.
Price: Starts from INR 2800.
4. Campistaan: This Camping in Karjat experience is among the most popular. The site is spread over a vast area, dotted with fully-furnished luxury tents. The place can cater to leisure and official outings with much ease and offers a range of top-notch facilities. At Campistann, one will also find no dearth of fun activities, ranging from indoor and outdoor games to trekking, kayaking, archery and so on.
Location: Karjat - Chowk Rd, Bhilavle, Maharashtra 410202.
Price: Starts from INR 3500.
Can we do camping in the monsoon?
Yes. Camping is a fun activity that can be enjoyed almost all throughout the year. In fact, places like Karjat during the rainy season become even more beautiful and with many campsites offering great and comfortable stays, the experience is one not to be missed.
Can we smoke/drunk at the campsites?
Smoking and drinking is not permitted at most campsites in Karjat and one may have to contact the concerned manager of the camp to get further clarification. Such a policy is also put in place to avoid any inconvenience or mishaps to happen with the other guests, some of whom may be children.
Will food and safe drinking water be provided during camping in Karjat?
Yes, at all the glamps and camps in Karjat a proper arrangement for food and water is done. Therefore, guests do not need to carry eatables, although they can as per their liking. At all these campsites, you can expect meals like breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as a special arrangement of barbecue.
What kind of clothes and equipment should I carry while going for camping in Karjat?
You should pack clothes made of light and breathable materials - t-shirts, track-pants etc. Along with that you can also carry a light jacket for when it gets cold, a rain-coat/cover for monsoon camping, sturdy shoes and extra pair of slippers.
Moreover, all important equipment is provided at the campsites in Karjat, so carrying basic items like - a personal first-aid kit, a backpack, water-battle, mosquito-repellent, batteries, flashlight etc. are recommended.
Is it safe for a solo female to go camping in Karjat?
Yes. All the top-most campsites in Karjat are safe for solo female travelers who are looking to enjoy an outdoor adventure experience. However, it is advisable to stay alert at all times to avoid any mishaps and also lookout for your belongings. With that said, one can find other female and solo guests at the camp which can give a sense of safety.
What is the best time to visit Karjat for camping?The best time to visit Karjat for camping is during the monsoon season. That is because during this time you do not face the hot and humid summer, and make the most of the alluring serenity of nature here. For any adventure seekers who want to spend time amidst ambrosial landscapes and exquisite caves, monsoon is the ideal time to do so.
What all activities can we do during camping in Karjat?- Go Rappelling at the waterfall of Bhivpuri
- Go hiking at the rapturous Bahiri caves to explore the views from above- Hiking at the incredible little fort of Peth situated atop a hill top- Trek up to the Sandai Fort to enjoy fabulous views of the Changewadi waterfall- Camping at the enticing Ulhas Valley- Buggy Ride for Children- Kayaking- Horse Riding
Will food and safe drinking water be provided during camping in Karjat?Yes, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian breakfast and dinner will be provided alongside safe drinking water when you go camping in Karjat.