Activities to do in Kamshet
Tucked amidst the scenic Western Ghats in the state of Maharashtra, there are many things to do in Kamshet, a small hill station surrounded by alluring valleys, verdant meadows and the majestic Sahyadri Mountains. Also known as a “Paraglider’s Paradise,” Kamshet is the best place in this region to enjoy a thrilling and adrenaline-filled paragliding experience. Adventure seekers from all over the country come to this hill station to chase the skies by paragliding across the mountains and plateaus.
Blessed with a varied terrain, there are many kamshet activities that you can try when visiting this land. From enjoying adventure activities like camping near Karla Caves, Bedse Caves or Bhaja Caves, trekking and hiking near the Tower Hill, Shelar or Kondeshwar Cliff, to exploring the numerous Buddhist caves and other sightseeing attractions, there is a lot that you can do while in Kamshet.
Additionally, you can also try new adventure activities here, such as soaring over the Pawna Lake, or climbing down a waterfall. You can also simply avail various nature walks and soak in stunning vistas of the verdant mountains, placid lakes and dense forests. For lovers of food, you can visit restaurants and cafes here to gorge on some of the most delicious Konkani and Maharashtrian delicacies and other dishes.
Things to Do in Kamshet
People Also Ask About Kamshet Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Kamshet?1. Paragliding: Undoubtedly one of the best things to do in Kamshet, paragliding is that adventure activity which every single person visiting Kamshet must try at least once. There are usually three kinds of paragliding experiences that you can go for, depending upon your age, fitness and experience of the sport. This includes classic tandem paragliding, instructional tandem paragliding and Acro tandem paragliding. Soar above the mountains and valleys and soak in the mesmerising sights of the ever changing skies and hamlets down below while you fly high up in the air in Kamshet.
- Location: Tower Hill, Kamshet
- Timing: 08:00 a.m. to 02:00 p.m.
- Price: INR 3,000 onwards (per person)
2. Trekking: Another great thing to do in Kamshet is make use of its mountainous terrain to go trekking to the different fort ruins in the area. From steep ascents to gradual descents across small hillocks, a trekking experience in Kamshet is one that you must absolutely have upon your trip here. You can trek at the ancient Tikona Fort or Lohagad Fort, and enjoy serene vistas of crystal clear streams and verdant forests. You can also enjoy beautiful views of the lush green valleys, mist-laden hills and winding roads during your trek in this serene hill station.
- Price: INR 1,200 onwards (per person)
3. Lakeside Camping: For one of the more unique experiences and things to do in Kamshet, your best bet is a lakeside camping. Situated along the banks of the serene Pawna Lake in Kamshet, there are numerous campsites where you can set up your tent and enjoy a tranquil stay in the lap of nature. Wake up to the sounds of the birds chirping, or enjoy a bonfire under the starry night sky, as this experience of camping beside a lake will be like nothing you have ever experienced. You can also enjoy a delicious barbeque by the lake.
- Location: Pawna Lake, Kamshet
- Timing: 04:00 p.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Price: INR 1,100 onwards (per person)
4. Cave Exploration: For history and archaeology buffs, a visit and exploration of the ancient Karla and Bhaja Caves in Kamshet is a must. These ancient cave architectures are home to natural rock carvings, statues, idols and intricate details related to the Buddhist cultures. In addition to meditating in the huge prayer hall, you can also learn about Buddhist teachings, and more here. There is also a beautiful waterfall here, which comes to life during the rainy season, and offers respite from the sultry heat in the region.
- Location: Karla, Lonavala, Maharashtra 410405
- Timing: 09:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
5. Shopping: You can also enjoy a relaxing shopping experience here, which is one of the more offbeat things to do in Kamshet. Since it is a small city, Kamshet has numerous local shops scattered around the sightseeing attractions, which sell local handicrafts, snacks and other souvenirs that you can take back home.From locally made chikki and trinkets, to traditional sarees, a wide variety of kurtis and indian wear, as well as organically grown fruits and vegetables are some of the best things you can shop for in Kamshet.
6. Sightseeing: Sightseeing is one of the best Kamshet activities, where you can visit the numerous famous as well as offbeat attractions of the region. Kamshet is a treasure trove of scenic places to visit and beautiful structures to explore. From the pristine Bhaje Waterfalls to the Pawna and Uksan Lake, or the Bhairi, Bedse and Bhaja Caves, there is no dearth of places to visit in Kamshet. For lovers of history, you can visit the ancient Kondeshwar Temple and the Visapur Fort, or the Panshet Water Park if you wish to enjoy some water games and activities. You can also enjoy a picnic near the Pawna Dam for a more fun-filled day.
What are the adventurous things to do in Kamshet?1. Paragliding: If you wish to fly high up in the air and look down below at the stunning vistas while enjoying the cold breeze and adrenaline, then a paragliding experience in Kamshet is a must for you.
2. Trekking and Hiking: For an adventure junkie, trekking and hiking are some of the best adventurous kamshet activities. From the Sinhagad Fort and Lohagad Fort, to the Tikona Fort, there are numerous hidden gems in Kamshet where you can indulge in a memorable trekking and hiking experience.
3. Camping: One of the best Things to Do in Kamshet is camping. Be it near one of the many lakes, or in a forest clearing or simply in the garden of the resort you are staying, you must enjoy camping under the clear sky amidst the verdant nature in Kamshet at least once.
4. Kayaking: Amongst the most adventurous Things to Do in Kamshet is kayaking in the pristine Pawna Lake. You can enjoy a scenic boating and kayaking experience in this lake, while enjoying scintillating views of the surrounding valleys and mountains.
What is the best time to visit Kamshet?The best time to visit the hill station of Kamshet is during the winter and summer seasons, between the months of December to April. Owing to its tropical climate, Kamshet experiences pleasant and cool weather with little to no rainfall during these months, making it perfect for sightseeing. You can also enjoy adventure activities like paragliding, camping and hiking during this time, along with other fun-filled activities like picnics and trekking.
How to reach Kamshet?- To reach Kamshet via trains, you can reach the Kamshet Railway Station, which lies on the Mumbai-Pune Railway route.
- To reach Kamshet by air, you need to take a flight to the Pune International Airport, which is the nearest airport to this hill station, located around 55 kilometres away.- Regular private and state-run buses and taxis operate to and from the hill station connecting Kamshet to other cities in the country.
What are the best trekking places near Kamshet?1. Tikona Fort Trek: This trek will take you to one of the most picturesque forts in the state. The trek goes through varied terrains, across dense forests and hills, and offers views of the Pawna Lake, the Satvahan Caves as well as the Trimbakeshwar Mahadev Temple. Upon reaching the fort, you can soak in mesmerising sights of Kothligadh, Pawna Dam and the Kamshet Valley.
2. Lohagad Fort Trek: This is an easy one-day trek to the Lohagad Fort, which dates back to the reign of Chhatrapati Shivaji. During the trek, you can enjoy views of the surrounding lush greenery and majestic mountains.
3. Purandar Fort Trek: Another great trek located a few kilometres from Kamshet, you can visit the ruins of the fort where Shivaji’s son, Sambhaji, was born. Upon reaching the top, you can not only experience a sense of tranquillity, but also enjoy vistas of the valley down below.
4. Torna Trek: Known as one of the most stunning treks in the region, the way to Torna is covered with different terrains, ascents and descents. While the route is simple, the climb can be quite steep in certain areas, and upon reaching the final part of the trek, you get to enter the Torna Fort, which is a sight in itself.
5. Sinhagad Fort Trek: For history and adventure lovers, this trek is one you must absolutely do. Trek to the 2,000-year-old fort and enjoy a serene picnic with your loved ones at the top.
What are different kinds of Paragliding options available in Kamshet?1. Classic Tandem Paragliding: The easiest method to paraglide, which can be done by anyone. This is a two-seater paragliding technique done with an experienced pilot.
2. Instructional Tandem Paragliding: This method is where you fly by yourself, while the pilot instructs you on how to handle the controls.
3. Acro Tandem Paragliding: This is a high-speed paragliding technique, done only by experts, using aerobatic manoeuvres and skills.
Newly Added Kamshet Experience
Lakeside Homestay in Kamshet
₹ 4,600 per Room ₹ 4,000 per Room
A Peaceful Farm Stay Amidst Lush Greens Near Pune
₹ 3,000 per Adult ₹ 2,600 per Adult
Lake View Villa with Private Pool In Kamshet
₹ 23,000 per Room ₹ 20,000 per Room
A Luxurious Villa Amidst The Lush Greens Of Kamshet
₹ 39,965 per Room ₹ 34,753 per Room
14 August 2015
Ranjeet Bharadwaj Kamshet Paragliding
We had an amazing time here with all our friends and this was an exciting experience for all of us.
"that was really a thrilling experience.. we, a group of 6 members experienced this activity for the first time to the fullest. "
15 November 2015
Lavanya Trivedi Kamshet Paragliding
It was my life long desire to experience this crazy paragliding and finally i had the fortune do this in kamshet, one of the most popular Paragliding destinations in India. This short Ariel adventure will definitely stole your hearts.
10 May 2015
Durgeshwari Ganaka Kamshet Paragliding
I was very scared to take this initially, but at first, we started training on flat ground. After this we met our course mates, instructors. The instructors taught us about equipments and we got familiar with the equipment, glider controls under their supervision. I was happy that I got personal attention to help. The training was complimented with Ground School classes to understand relevant concepts. This was boring but useful. Also participating in a Training Simulator session was done to ease oneself to acquire flying skills. In short, it was an amazing experience that I recommend all to take. I graduated level 1 and I will join level 2 next week.
12 October 2015
Vishnu Dutta Kamshet Paragliding
Must to do activity!!! I recommend paragliding to every adventure lover. It gives you a thrilling experience. The views from top is amazing, moreover it feels awesome when you start coming down on the grounds.
13 March 2020
Divjot Sinha Kamshet Paragliding | Book Online @ Flat 14% off
Paragliding was on my list from a long time and finally, Thrillophilia gave me the opportunity to do in my budget. The guide was a very knowledgeable person and gave us proper information about it. The experience was craziest and I yelled very much. true experience and you can't afford to miss this, must try.
07 March 2019
Sanya Nehru Kamshet Paragliding | Book Online @ Flat 14% off
This was my first time paragliding with my friends and it was a great experience the view was very beautiful. We take many pictures from the top. The guide was good I never forgot this experience.
02 March 2019
Nanda Gowda Kamshet Paragliding | Book Online @ Flat 14% off
It was an amazing experience. The view from starting was superb, the guide was very helpful and professional he managed everything properly I enjoy this adventure a lot. Recommended for you.
06 March 2020
Chidambar Chaturvedi Kamshet Paragliding | Book Online @ Flat 14% off
It was a unique experience, I glide for the first time but worth doing it. The instructor was good and guided us well regarding the whole activity. You must listen to that so that it will be safe as well as you can enjoy it. This place is very beautiful and you can feel the calmness right from the starting of paragliding, overall it was an awesome
14 March 2020
Bilva Talwar Kamshet Paragliding | Book Online @ Flat 14% off
Very beautiful place and must be doing paragliding to view the best scenery. I get the experienced guide who will help me completely to have the best moments in the air. I will definitely try this once again.
Mumbai 590 Things to do in Mumbai
Mahabaleshwar 59 Things to do in Mahabaleshwar
Alibag 54 Things to do in Alibag
Kolad 27 Things to do in Kolad
Bir - Billing 15 Things to do in Bir - Billing
Ladakh Tour Packages Himachal Tour Packages Kashmir Tour Packages Rajasthan Tour Packages Andaman Tour Packages Kerala Tour Packages Uttarakhand Tour Packages Goa Tour Packages Spiti Valley Tour Packages North India Tour Packages South India Tour Packages North East Tour Packages India Tour Packages Delhi Tour Packages Ooty Tour Packages Gangtok Tour Packages Chikmagalur Tour Packages Sikkim Tour Packages Shimla Tour Packages Manali Tour Packages Rishikesh Tour Packages Meghalaya Tour Packages Jim Corbett Tour Packages Mussoorie Tour Packages Arunachal Tour Packages Kerala Houseboat Packages Darjeeling Tour Packages Leh Ladakh Bike Trip Packages Auli Tour Packages Nainital Tour Packages Kedarnath Tour Packages CharDham Yatra Packages Dharamshala Tour Packages Wayanad Tour Packages Kerala Tour Packages Jaipur Tour Packages Jodhpur Tour Packages Udaipur Tour Packages Golden Triangle Tour Packages Mount Abu Tour Packages Ranthambore Tour Package Cordelia Cruise Packages Munnar Tour Packages Coorg Tour Packages Shillong Tour Packages Mahabaleshwar Tour Packages Ooty Tour Packages Karnataka Tour Packages Srinagar Tour Packages Dehradun Tour Packages Lonavala Tour Packages
Maldives Package Bali Tour Packages Dubai Tour Packages Europe Tour Packages Switzerland Tour Packages Singapore Tour Packages Thailand Tour Packages Bhutan Tour Packages Sri Lanka Tour Packages Mauritius Tour Packages Seychelles Tour Packages Bangkok Tour Packages Pattaya Tour Packages Greece Tour Packages Paris Tour Packages London Tour Packages Phuket Tour Packages Norway Northern Lights Tour Finland Tour Packages Amsterdam Tour Packages Italy Tour Packages Iceland Tour Packages Turkey Tour Packages Norway Tour Packages Spain Tour Packages Germany Tour Packages Istanbul Tour Packages Nepal Tour Packages Malaysia Tour Packages Vietnam Tour Packages Australia Tour Packages South Africa Tour Packages Japan Tour Packages Egypt Tour Packages Philippines Tour Packages Hong Kong Tour Packages Ireland Tour Packages Africa Tour Packages Russia Tour Packages Kenya Tour Packages Prague Tour Packages Masai Mara Packages Antarctica Tour Packages New Zealand Tour Packages Sweden Northern Lights Packages Denmark Tour Packages Israel Tour Packages Kenya Safari Packages Cambodia Tour Packages Jordan Tour Packages Tanzania Tour Packages Santorini Tour Packages Austria Tour Packages Croatia Tour Packages
Ladakh Honeymoon Packages Himachal Honeymoon Packages Kashmir Honeymoon Packages Rajasthan Honeymoon Packages Andaman Honeymoon Packages Kerala Honeymoon Packages North East Honeymoon Packages India Honeymoon Packages Sikkim Honeymoon Packages Shimla Honeymoon Packages Manali Honeymoon Packages Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages Nainital Honeymoon Packages Ooty Honeymoon Package Mahabaleshwar Honeymoon Package Kodaikanal Honeymoon Packages Goa Honeymoon Packages Munnar Honeymoon Packages Coorg Honeymoon Packages Udaipur Honeymoon Packages Gangtok Honeymoon Packages Wayanad Honeymoon Packages Alleppey Honeymoon Packages Lakshadweep Honeymoon Packages
Maldives Honeymoon Packages Europe Honeymoon Packages Thailand Honeymoon Packages Mauritius Honeymoon Packages Santorini Honeymoon Packages London Honeymoon Packages Italy Honeymoon Packages Norway Honeymoon Packages Spain Honeymoon Packages Vietnam Honeymoon Packages Australia Honeymoon Packages Bali Honeymoon Packages Switzerland Honeymoon Packages Bhutan Honeymoon Packages Seychelles Honeymoon Packages Greece Honeymoon Packages Phuket Honeymoon Packages Iceland Honeymoon Packages Nepal Honeymoon Packages Philippines Honeymoon Packages New Zealand Honeymoon Packages Dubai Honeymoon Packages Singapore Honeymoon Packages Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages Bangkok Honeymoon Packages Paris Honeymoon Packages Amsterdam Honeymoon Packages Turkey Honeymoon Packages Malaysia Honeymoon Packages South Africa Honeymoon Packages
Places to Visit in Delhi Places to Visit in Goa Places to Visit in Pune Places to Visit in Bangalore Places to Visit in Mumbai Places to Visit in Hyderabad Places to Visit in Jaipur Places to Visit in Chennai Places to Visit in Kolkata Places to Visit in Ladakh Places to Visit in Spiti Places to Visit in Andaman Places to Visit in Arunachal Pradesh Places to Visit in North East Places to Visit in Sikkim Places to Visit in Darjeeling Places to Visit in Meghalaya Places to Visit in Gangtok Places to Visit in Rajasthan Places to Visit in Uttarakhand Places to Visit in Kerala Places to Visit in Karnataka Places to Visit in Maharashtra Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh Places to Visit in Madhya Pradesh Places to Visit in Kashmir Places to Visit in Manali Places to Visit in Dharamshala Places to Visit in Shimla Places to Visit in Mcleodganj Places to Visit in Nainital Places to Visit in Mussoorie Places to Visit in Dehradun Places to Visit in Rishikesh Places To Visit In Jammu Places to Visit in Srinagar Places to Visit in Chikmagalur Places to Visit in Munnar Places to Visit in Kodaikanal Places to Visit in Ooty Places to Visit in Pondicherry Places to Visit in Wayanad Places to Visit in Coorg Places to Visit in Mysore Places to Visit in Lonavala Places to Visit in Alibaug Places To Visit In Mahabaleshwar Places to Visit in Udaipur Places to Visit in Jodhpur Places to Visit in Jaisalmer Places to Visit in Mount Abu Places to Visit in Agra Places To Visit In South Goa Places To Visit In North Goa
Places to Visit in Dubai Places to Visit in Abu Dhabi Places to Visit in Sri Lanka Places to Visit in Maldives Places to Visit in Singapore Places to Visit in Bali Places to Visit in Thailand Places to Visit in Nepal Places to Visit in Bangkok Places to Visit in Kuala Lumpur Places to Visit in Malaysia Places to Visit in Bhutan Places to Visit in Cambodia Places to Visit in Vietnam Places to Visit in Australia Places to Visit in New Zealand Places to Visit in Sydney Places to Visit in South Africa Places to Visit in Kenya Places to Visit in Philippines Places to Visit in Japan Places to Visit in Hong Kong Places to Visit in Macau Places to Visit in Jordan Places to Visit in Saudi Arabia Places to Visit in Turkey Places to Visit in Istanbul Places to Visit in Mauritius Places to Visit in Europe Places to Visit in Switzerland Places to Visit in Greece Places to Visit in Paris Places to Visit in London Places to Visit in Amsterdam Places to Visit in Italy Places to Visit in Germany Places to Visit in Norway Places to Visit in Finland Places to Visit in Denmark Places to Visit in Sweden Places to Visit in Budapest Places to Visit in New York
Things to Do in Delhi Things to Do in Goa Things to Do in Pune Things to Do in Bangalore Things to Do in Mumbai Things to Do in Hyderabad Things to Do in Jaipur Things to Do in Chennai Things to Do in Kolkata Things to Do in Ladakh Things to Do in Spiti Valley Things to Do in Andaman Things to Do in Chandigarh Things to Do in Mahabaleshwar Things to Do in Sikkim Things to Do in Darjeeling Things to Do in Meghalaya Things to Do in Gangtok Things to Do in Rajasthan Things to Do in Uttarakhand Things to Do in Kerala Things to Do in Kasauli Things to Do in Corbett Things to Do in Himachal Pradesh Things to Do in Madhya Pradesh Things to Do in Kashmir Things to Do in Manali Things to Do in Dharamshala Things to Do in Shimla Things to Do in Mcleodganj Things to Do in Nainital Things to Do in Mussoorie Things to Do in Dehradun Things to Do in Rishikesh Things to Do in Jammu Things to Do in Srinagar Things to Do in Chikmagalur Things to Do in Munnar Things to Do in Kodaikanal Things to Do in Ooty Things to Do in Pondicherry Things to Do in Wayanad Things to Do in Coorg Things to Do in Mysore Things to Do in Lonavala Things to Do in Alibaug Things to Do in Karnataka Things to Do in Udaipur Things to Do in Jodhpur Things to Do in Jaisalmer Things to Do in Mount Abu Things to Do in Agra Things to Do in South Goa Things to Do in North Goa
Things to Do in Dubai Things to Do in Abu Dhabi Things to Do in Sri Lanka Things to Do in Maldives Things to Do in Singapore Things to Do in Bali Things to Do in Thailand Things to Do in Nepal Things to Do in Bangkok Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur Things to Do in Malaysia Things to Do in Bhutan Things to Do in Cambodia Things to Do in Vietnam Things to Do in Phuket Things to Do in Colombo Things to Do in Australia Things to Do in New Zealand Things to Do in Sydney Things to Do in South Africa Things to Do in Kenya Things to Do in Seychelles Things to Do in Philippines Things to Do in Japan Things to Do in Hongkong Things to Do in Macau Things to Do in Turkey Things to Do in Istanbul Things to Do in Mauritius Things to Do in Egypt Things to Do in Canada Things to Do in Budapest Things to Do in Europe Things to Do in Switzerland Things to Do in Greece Things to Do in Paris Things to Do in London Things to Do in Amsterdam Things to Do in Italy Things to Do in Germany Things to Do in Norway Things to Do in Finland Things to Do in Denmark Things to Do in Sweden Things to Do in Santorini Things to Do in Iceland Things to Do in Prague Things to Do in Russia
Pawna Lake Camping Chadar Trek Everest Base Camp Trek Treks in India Camps in Rishikesh Jaisalmer Camps Weekend Getaways from Bangalore Places to Visit near Mumbai Weekend Getaways from Delhi Weekend Getaways from Pune Museum of Future Tickets Gardens By The Bay Tickets Universal Studios Singapore Tickets Warner Bros Studio Tour London Tower of London Tickets London Eye Tickets Park Guell Tickets Windsor Castle Tickets Sagrada Familia Tickets Taronga Zoo Tickets Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Tickets SkyPoint Observation Deck Tickets Aquaria KLCC Tickets KL Tower Tickets Eiffel Tower Tickets Beaches in India Alhambra & Nasrid Palaces Tickets Stonehenge Tickets James Bond Island Tour Resorts in Maldives Desert Safari Dubai Bali Swing Mount Batur Sunrise Trek Triund Trek Dhow Cruise Dubai Marina Cappadocia Hot Air Balloon Amsterdam Canal Cruise Rijksmuseum Tickets Van Gogh Museum Tickets Vatican Museums Tickets Colosseum Tickets Louvre Museum Tickets Disneyland Paris Tickets Uffizi Gallery Tickets Burj Khalifa Tickets