Desert Safari in JaisalmerJaisalmer Desert safari: Explore best offers on Jaisalmer desert safari tours and packages at Thrillophilia. Book the best Jaisalmer desert safari for the desert experience.
A major highlight for travelers visiting this golden city in Rajasthan is the Jaisalmer Desert safari. Not only do you get to enjoy the rides of camels through the rolling dunes of the sand but you also get to experience the royalty of Rajasthan. From resting in cozy tents settled in the middle of nowhere to enjoying panoramic sceneries of the sunset across the horizon, a vacation here will provide you with various once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
In addition to these experiences, you are provided with a plethora of adrenaline-rushing activities to try your hands on. Be it floating in the sky while parasailing or tasting the thrill of dune bashing, you will be provided with the much-required shot of adrenaline here.
The desert safari Jaisalmer is one of the most sought-after activities one can enjoy in the Thar Desert. From riding a camel and traversing the dunes in elegance to taking rides of some beasts and crossing the desert in air-conditioned vehicles, you are provided with an array of safari options to choose from. The time limit of these safaris range from 30 minutes to several hours and can be customized depending on your budget and requirements.
People Also Ask About Desert Safari in Jaisalmer
What are the different types of desert safaris we can do in Jaisalmer?There are various kinds of desert safaris which can be enjoyed in Jaisalmer. Some of them include:
1. Desert Camp Safari: One of the most liked and popular kinds of safari opted in Jaisalmer is the Desert Camp Safari. In this one, not only do you get to enjoy the thrilling safaris, but you can also enjoy living in a tent and having authentic rajasthani experiences.
From living in small tents equipped with all basic facilities and amenities to enjoying local folk music nights, this Jaisalmer Desert safari is comparatively much more fun filled and exciting than any other kind of safari.
This includes staying at a specific place where facilities like in house restaurants, air conditioned stays and freshwater supply are provided. Either travelling with family or looking for some solace away from the hustle and bustle of the city, anyone can enjoy the Desert Camp Safari.
2. Half Day Desert Safari: Unlike any other kind of Jaisalmer Desert safari, this one does not only revolve around traversing the desert and crossing the sand dunes. In this kind of desert safari, you also get to visit various famous landmarks and tourist attractions of the city.
Since the trip lasts for half part of the day, you can enjoy local cuisines on your way as you move from one place to another. The best part about this kind of safari is that you get to choose the type of transportation, i.e., either camels or cars.
The type of safari you enjoy depends on the package you have chosen. You can either go for camel safari to add the much required thrill to your trip otherwise you can also choose to experience a hassle free tour by opting for a SUV or a Thar.
3. Camel Safari: The Thar Desert is one of the most famous locations in India where you can take full advantage of enjoying the Camel Safari. Traversing through the dunes of sands and marvelling at the shining sunset will provide you with the much required peace and serenity on any vacation.
When in Jaisalmer, you can enjoy a blissful session of riding a camel and enjoying a Jaisalmer Desert safari like never before. All the camels used are well tamed and secured in their natural habitat.
There are three locations where you can enjoy a fun filled session of camel safari and the most famous of those is the Sam Sand Dunes. The other one is the Khuri Sand Dunes where you can enjoy staycation too. One more location where Jaisalmer Desert safari can be enjoyed is located just 5 KM away from the city centre and is famous in the name of Lodhruva Sand Dunes.
4. Jeep/Car Safari: Riding the adventurous beasts and bashing through the beast is the activity which attracts flocks of tourists from all over the world. The experience is kind of the same as the camel safari, you get to see the similar sceneries and natural landscapes.
The only difference which arises there that almost anyone can enjoy this kind of experience and the comfort level is beyond explanation. The best place to enjoy an adrenaline rushing session of Jeep and Car Safaris is the Sam Sand Dunes where you will get an array of car options to choose from depending on your budget.
Where can I do desert safari in Jaisalmer?Some famous locations where you can enjoy desert safari in Jaisalmer include:
1. Sam Sand Dunes: Finding their name in one of the most famous sand dunes of Jaisalmer, Sam Sand Dunes attract flocks of crowds towards it. Majorly preferred for enjoying a session of Jaisalmer Desert safari, this place houses various big, chic, classy, luxurious and pocket friendly resorts which might provide you with the best staycation of their lives.
Located at a distance of 40 KM from the city centre of Jaisermer, Sam Sand Dunes are the first choice of visitors as it provided them with a plethora of recreational activities and entertainment options. From enjoying authentic rajasthani dishes to participating in cultural performances, this place is a hub for annoying rich rajasthani culture.
The Serai Camp and the Dangri Desert Safari Camp are the most famous stays here where one can experience what royalty feels like while indulging in various adrenaline rushing adventures.
2. Khuri Sand Dunes: The Thar Desert is home to various beautiful areas offering a perfect place to people where they can enjoy a thrilling session of desert safari. One such beautiful location is the Sand Dunes of Khuri.
Situated at a distance of 50 KM from the south western part of Jaisalmer, Khuri Sand Dunes are famous for being less populated and offering much required crowd free tours and adventures to the people.
Attracting the tourists from all over the world, these sand dunes are famous for offering the second best Jaisalmer Desert safari. From dune bashing to riding a camel, here you can try your hands on various thrilling adventures. In addition to the activities, Khuri Sand Dunes are also a home to varios resorts where you can book your tents and enjoy an all natural and scenic stay.
3. Lodhruva Sand Dunes: If you are not willing to go too far away from Jaisalmer city then these sand dunes are the perfect spot for you. Not only do you enjoy the vibes of a desert but also stay close to the city lights. However, you cannot enjoy all kinds of Jaisalmer Desert safari here due to its small size, thus the only kind of adventure here available is the Camel Safari.
What is unique about desert safari in Jaisalmer?Some special features which make the Desert Safari in Jaisalmer thrilling include:
- Providing you a chance to explore a real desert, the Jaisalmer Desert safari takes you through various beautiful landscapes and sceneries exhibiting the colourful natural vistas.
- All the safaris done here are supervised by skilled drivers and camel herders, thus you will rarely face any kind of problem.
- In addition to a thrilling safari, the sand dunes of Jaselmer aim to provide their guests with an authentic Rajasthan experience, thus similar kinds of food and folk music arrangements are also provided.
How much does it cost for desert safari in Jaisalmer?The prices of Jaisalmer Desert safari range from INR 500 to INR 4000 depending upon the time duration and the type of safari you are opting for.
For a single person, a 30 minute long camel safari might cost you around INR 500 while a similar safari in a jeep will be priced at INR 800 for the same. However, if booked through Thrillophilia, you can enjoy various price drops and coupons on the final amount.
How long does desert safari take?The desert safari has different time limits depending upon the vehicles you are travelling on. If you have opted for a safari on a camel, you can choose from 30 minutes to 3 hours long safaris. In this case, 2 hours safari is recommended and after that people feel a bit of body pains and nausea. However, in case of jeep and car safaris, you can enjoy as much as you want during the session.
Is desert safari in Jaisalmer safe? What safety precautions are taken?Yes, desert safari are perfectly safe and you can enjoy them at any time of the day. Various safety precaution taken during these safaris include:
- All the camels used are well trained and kept in their natural and safe environment.
- You will be accompanied by a local camel guide too which will take you to various beautiful spots of the desert.
- In case of cars, properly maintained Jeeps and SUVs are used to ensure proper safety.
- Other necessities like the first aid kit and camera assistance can also be provided on your way to enjoy this desert safari jaisalmer.
What are the activities that can be done in a desert safari in Jaisalmer?Some fun filled activities which can be enjoyed in Desert Safari in Jaisalmer include:
1. Moon Safari: Staying true to its name, this type of safari will let you enjoy the beautiful scenery of clear night sky shining with a moon and twinkling stars. When opting for night safari, you can enjoy the sensational feeling of marvelling at the best sceneries of nature.
2. Desert Camping: On your trip to Desert Safari in Jaisalmer, you can also choose to stop at various locations and enjoy the serenity of the best of nature while resting in small tents.
3. Sightseeing Tours: Various camel or jeep safari around the sand dunes also offer sightseeing facilities in which you are taken to many famous destinations and tourist attractions while roaming through the high standing peaks of sand.
4. Parasailing: Offering you the much required rush of adrenaline on your trip, a session of Parasailing in the middle of nowhere is a must. Here you are attached to a jeep though various safety harnesses which further runs and lets you hover in the air.
5. Dune Bashing: If you want to experience what actual thrill, talent and fearlessness feels like then make sure that you try your hands on a session of dunes bashing. In this activity, safe SUVs are operated by some skilled drivers who bash through the dunes while spreading the sand all over the cars.
What is the best time to do desert safari in Jaisalmer?The best time to enjoy desert safari jaisalmer is between the months of November to March. Around this time, the state experiences winters, thus one does not have to traverse the sand dunes in the scorching heat. Around this time, the maximum temperature does not go below 24 degrees.
Which cars are used in desert safari?In Jaisalmer Desert safari majorly Thar Jeeps and SUVs are used to travel from one location to another. Quad bikes can also be used as a means of transportation in the sandy areas but their comfort level is lesser than the cars.
What do you wear on a desert safari in Jaisalmer?Some must wear garments and accessories on a Desert safari include:
- If you are going on a jaisalmer desert night safari, make sure that you bring some woolens, jackets and gloves and it can be chilly in the night.
- To save yourselves from heat waves, make sure that you have hats or caps on.
- Covering your faces with some cloth or scarves is also recommended, thus do not forget to bring a scarf with you.
- You can wear any kind of clothes till they are modest and comfortable and save your body from direct sunlight.
What are the desert safari Jaisalmer timings?You can book any slot from 5 in the morning to 7 in the evening. However, this jaisalmer desert safari package can be best enjoyed at the time of sunrise and sunset only thus people tend to take the time slot between 5:00 AM to 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
To add the much required thrill to your trip, you can also go for a jaisalmer desert night safari in which you can enjoy the clear night sky while traversing the cool desert.
Are kids allowed in desert safari Jaisalmer?Yes, you can bring your little ones to enjoy a fun filled session of the jaisalmer desert safari package. However, there is an age restriction and to overcome that, a child has to be above 12 to enjoy a safari alone on a single camel. If accompanied by an adult, any kid can enjoy a thrilling and scenic session of desert safari.
What are the things to keep in mind while going for desert safari tour?The things one should keep in mind while going for a desert safari tour include:
- To enjoy the best experience, always opt for a single camel safari in which only you ride the camel alone without any disturbances.
- Two hours ride is more than enough, after that people might experience body pain.
- Essentials like caps, hats, sleeves, sunscreen of SPF more than 24 and eyeglasses are advised to save your body parts from tanning as you enjoy the safari.
- No not forget to carry extra bottles of water with you to stay hydrated as it can be very hot there.
- Make sure that you wear comfortable clothing so that your body is able to preperate on this more than two hour journey.
Any travel tips before visiting desert safari in Jaisalmer?Some travel tips which need to be kept in mind while visiting Desert safari in Jaisalmer include:
- Taking heavy meals before the safari might result in nausea and vomiting, thus make sure that your stomach is not full before you hop on that ride.
- It can be really hot, thus make sure that you wear clothes and bring stuff accordingly. To protect yourself from the sun, you can bring overcoats and hats and can use sunscreen too.
- The days are hot but the nights can be cold, thus make sure that you carry jackets and woolens too.
- Lastly try to stay calm and enjoy the trip fully while making videos and clicking pictures.
How can I reach Sam Sand Dunes from Jaisalmer?The closest airport to Sam Sand Dunes is the Jaisalmer Airport which is well connected to the other parts of the country. The distance between both the places is around 52 KM and it will take you around 2 to 4 hours to cover the distance based on the type of transportation you choose.
Once you have reached here, you can join a camel carvaan to make your trip even more thrilling. If looking for a more comfortable option, jeep hiring and safari options are also available which are fully air conditioned and provide a hassle free travel experience.
Adventure in Jaisalmer In City in Jaisalmer Desert Camping in Jaisalmer Camping in Jaisalmer Sightseeing in Jaisalmer Luxury Deals in Jaisalmer Jeep Safari in Jaisalmer For Travelers in Jaisalmer Local Experiences in Jaisalmer Camel Safari in Jaisalmer Weekend Tours in Jaisalmer Rentals and Transfers in Jaisalmer Experiential Stays in Jaisalmer ATV Ride in Jaisalmer Aerial Sports in Jaisalmer Walking in Jaisalmer Parasailing in Jaisalmer Heritage Homestays in Jaisalmer Glamorous Camping in Jaisalmer Budget Camping in Jaisalmer Photography Tours in Jaisalmer Resorts in Jaisalmer Zorbing in Jaisalmer Dune Bashing in Jaisalmer Paintball in Jaisalmer Budget stays in Jaisalmer Zip-lining in Jaisalmer Rentals in Jaisalmer Fun and Family in Jaisalmer
Ladakh Tour Packages Himachal Tour Packages Kashmir Tour Packages Rajasthan Tour Packages Andaman Tour Packages Kerala Tour Packages Uttarakhand Tour Packages Goa Tour Packages Spiti Valley Tour Packages North India Tour Packages South India Tour Packages North East Tour Packages India Tour Packages Delhi Tour Packages Ooty Tour Packages Gangtok Tour Packages Chikmagalur Tour Packages Sikkim Tour Packages Shimla Tour Packages Manali Tour Packages Rishikesh Tour Packages Meghalaya Tour Packages Jim Corbett Tour Packages Mussoorie Tour Packages Arunachal Tour Packages Kerala Houseboat Packages Darjeeling Tour Packages Leh Ladakh Bike Trip Packages Auli Tour Packages Nainital Tour Packages Kedarnath Tour Packages CharDham Yatra Packages Dharamshala Tour Packages Wayanad Tour Packages Kerala Tour Packages Jaipur Tour Packages Jodhpur Tour Packages Udaipur Tour Packages Golden Triangle Tour Packages Mount Abu Tour Packages Ranthambore Tour Package Cordelia Cruise Packages Munnar Tour Packages Coorg Tour Packages Shillong Tour Packages Mahabaleshwar Tour Packages Ooty Tour Packages Karnataka Tour Packages Srinagar Tour Packages Dehradun Tour Packages Lonavala Tour Packages
Maldives Package Bali Tour Packages Dubai Tour Packages Europe Tour Packages Switzerland Tour Packages Singapore Tour Packages Thailand Tour Packages Bhutan Tour Packages Sri Lanka Tour Packages Mauritius Tour Packages Seychelles Tour Packages Bangkok Tour Packages Pattaya Tour Packages Greece Tour Packages Paris Tour Packages London Tour Packages Phuket Tour Packages Norway Northern Lights Tour Finland Tour Packages Amsterdam Tour Packages Italy Tour Packages Iceland Tour Packages Turkey Tour Packages Norway Tour Packages Spain Tour Packages Germany Tour Packages Istanbul Tour Packages Nepal Tour Packages Malaysia Tour Packages Vietnam Tour Packages Australia Tour Packages South Africa Tour Packages Japan Tour Packages Egypt Tour Packages Philippines Tour Packages Hong Kong Tour Packages Ireland Tour Packages Africa Tour Packages Russia Tour Packages Kenya Tour Packages Prague Tour Packages Masai Mara Packages Antarctica Tour Packages New Zealand Tour Packages Sweden Northern Lights Packages Denmark Tour Packages Israel Tour Packages Kenya Safari Packages Cambodia Tour Packages Jordan Tour Packages Tanzania Tour Packages Santorini Tour Packages Austria Tour Packages Croatia Tour Packages
Ladakh Honeymoon Packages Himachal Honeymoon Packages Kashmir Honeymoon Packages Rajasthan Honeymoon Packages Andaman Honeymoon Packages Kerala Honeymoon Packages North East Honeymoon Packages India Honeymoon Packages Sikkim Honeymoon Packages Shimla Honeymoon Packages Manali Honeymoon Packages Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages Nainital Honeymoon Packages Ooty Honeymoon Package Mahabaleshwar Honeymoon Package Kodaikanal Honeymoon Packages Goa Honeymoon Packages Munnar Honeymoon Packages Coorg Honeymoon Packages Udaipur Honeymoon Packages Gangtok Honeymoon Packages Wayanad Honeymoon Packages Alleppey Honeymoon Packages Lakshadweep Honeymoon Packages
Maldives Honeymoon Packages Europe Honeymoon Packages Thailand Honeymoon Packages Mauritius Honeymoon Packages Santorini Honeymoon Packages London Honeymoon Packages Italy Honeymoon Packages Norway Honeymoon Packages Spain Honeymoon Packages Vietnam Honeymoon Packages Australia Honeymoon Packages Bali Honeymoon Packages Switzerland Honeymoon Packages Bhutan Honeymoon Packages Seychelles Honeymoon Packages Greece Honeymoon Packages Phuket Honeymoon Packages Iceland Honeymoon Packages Nepal Honeymoon Packages Philippines Honeymoon Packages New Zealand Honeymoon Packages Dubai Honeymoon Packages Singapore Honeymoon Packages Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages Bangkok Honeymoon Packages Paris Honeymoon Packages Amsterdam Honeymoon Packages Turkey Honeymoon Packages Malaysia Honeymoon Packages South Africa Honeymoon Packages
Places to Visit in Delhi Places to Visit in Goa Places to Visit in Pune Places to Visit in Bangalore Places to Visit in Mumbai Places to Visit in Hyderabad Places to Visit in Jaipur Places to Visit in Chennai Places to Visit in Kolkata Places to Visit in Ladakh Places to Visit in Spiti Places to Visit in Andaman Places to Visit in Arunachal Pradesh Places to Visit in North East Places to Visit in Sikkim Places to Visit in Darjeeling Places to Visit in Meghalaya Places to Visit in Gangtok Places to Visit in Rajasthan Places to Visit in Uttarakhand Places to Visit in Kerala Places to Visit in Karnataka Places to Visit in Maharashtra Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh Places to Visit in Madhya Pradesh Places to Visit in Kashmir Places to Visit in Manali Places to Visit in Dharamshala Places to Visit in Shimla Places to Visit in Mcleodganj Places to Visit in Nainital Places to Visit in Mussoorie Places to Visit in Dehradun Places to Visit in Rishikesh Places To Visit In Jammu Places to Visit in Srinagar Places to Visit in Chikmagalur Places to Visit in Munnar Places to Visit in Kodaikanal Places to Visit in Ooty Places to Visit in Pondicherry Places to Visit in Wayanad Places to Visit in Coorg Places to Visit in Mysore Places to Visit in Lonavala Places to Visit in Alibaug Places To Visit In Mahabaleshwar Places to Visit in Udaipur Places to Visit in Jodhpur Places to Visit in Jaisalmer Places to Visit in Mount Abu Places to Visit in Agra Places To Visit In South Goa Places To Visit In North Goa
Places to Visit in Dubai Places to Visit in Abu Dhabi Places to Visit in Sri Lanka Places to Visit in Maldives Places to Visit in Singapore Places to Visit in Bali Places to Visit in Thailand Places to Visit in Nepal Places to Visit in Bangkok Places to Visit in Kuala Lumpur Places to Visit in Malaysia Places to Visit in Bhutan Places to Visit in Cambodia Places to Visit in Vietnam Places to Visit in Australia Places to Visit in New Zealand Places to Visit in Sydney Places to Visit in South Africa Places to Visit in Kenya Places to Visit in Philippines Places to Visit in Japan Places to Visit in Hong Kong Places to Visit in Macau Places to Visit in Jordan Places to Visit in Saudi Arabia Places to Visit in Turkey Places to Visit in Istanbul Places to Visit in Mauritius Places to Visit in Europe Places to Visit in Switzerland Places to Visit in Greece Places to Visit in Paris Places to Visit in London Places to Visit in Amsterdam Places to Visit in Italy Places to Visit in Germany Places to Visit in Norway Places to Visit in Finland Places to Visit in Denmark Places to Visit in Sweden Places to Visit in Budapest Places to Visit in New York
Things to Do in Delhi Things to Do in Goa Things to Do in Pune Things to Do in Bangalore Things to Do in Mumbai Things to Do in Hyderabad Things to Do in Jaipur Things to Do in Chennai Things to Do in Kolkata Things to Do in Ladakh Things to Do in Spiti Valley Things to Do in Andaman Things to Do in Chandigarh Things to Do in Mahabaleshwar Things to Do in Sikkim Things to Do in Darjeeling Things to Do in Meghalaya Things to Do in Gangtok Things to Do in Rajasthan Things to Do in Uttarakhand Things to Do in Kerala Things to Do in Kasauli Things to Do in Corbett Things to Do in Himachal Pradesh Things to Do in Madhya Pradesh Things to Do in Kashmir Things to Do in Manali Things to Do in Dharamshala Things to Do in Shimla Things to Do in Mcleodganj Things to Do in Nainital Things to Do in Mussoorie Things to Do in Dehradun Things to Do in Rishikesh Things to Do in Jammu Things to Do in Srinagar Things to Do in Chikmagalur Things to Do in Munnar Things to Do in Kodaikanal Things to Do in Ooty Things to Do in Pondicherry Things to Do in Wayanad Things to Do in Coorg Things to Do in Mysore Things to Do in Lonavala Things to Do in Alibaug Things to Do in Karnataka Things to Do in Udaipur Things to Do in Jodhpur Things to Do in Jaisalmer Things to Do in Mount Abu Things to Do in Agra Things to Do in South Goa Things to Do in North Goa
Things to Do in Dubai Things to Do in Abu Dhabi Things to Do in Sri Lanka Things to Do in Maldives Things to Do in Singapore Things to Do in Bali Things to Do in Thailand Things to Do in Nepal Things to Do in Bangkok Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur Things to Do in Malaysia Things to Do in Bhutan Things to Do in Cambodia Things to Do in Vietnam Things to Do in Phuket Things to Do in Colombo Things to Do in Australia Things to Do in New Zealand Things to Do in Sydney Things to Do in South Africa Things to Do in Kenya Things to Do in Seychelles Things to Do in Philippines Things to Do in Japan Things to Do in Hongkong Things to Do in Macau Things to Do in Turkey Things to Do in Istanbul Things to Do in Mauritius Things to Do in Egypt Things to Do in Canada Things to Do in Budapest Things to Do in Europe Things to Do in Switzerland Things to Do in Greece Things to Do in Paris Things to Do in London Things to Do in Amsterdam Things to Do in Italy Things to Do in Germany Things to Do in Norway Things to Do in Finland Things to Do in Denmark Things to Do in Sweden Things to Do in Santorini Things to Do in Iceland Things to Do in Prague Things to Do in Russia
Pawna Lake Camping Chadar Trek Everest Base Camp Trek Treks in India Camps in Rishikesh Jaisalmer Camps Weekend Getaways from Bangalore Places to Visit near Mumbai Weekend Getaways from Delhi Weekend Getaways from Pune Museum Of The Future Dubai Museum of Future Tickets Skydive Dubai Resorts in Maldives Triund Trek Eiffel Tower Tickets Beaches in India Burj Khalifa Tickets Desert Safari Dubai