Popular Places To Stay in Jaisalmer
Best Places To Stay in Jaisalmer
|Luxury Desert Camping In Jaisalmer||2 Days / 1 Night||₹ 6000.0|
|Luxury Camping In Jaisalmer||2 Days / 1 Night||₹ 16920.0|
|Desert Camping In Sam Sand Dunes Jaisalmer||2 Days / 1 Night||₹ 3807.0|
|Camping In Sam Sand Dunes||2 Days / 1 Night||₹ 5707.0|
|The Fort Pokaran, Jaisalmer | Luxury Staycation Deal||2 Days / 1 Night||₹ 6499.0|
Renowned as the Golden City of Rajasthan, there are a number of places to stay in Jaisalmer that offer an exceptional dive into the essence of the royalty that resided here. Apart from exploration of Jaisalmer, staying at a place also adds on to your experience in the city.
Many resorts and hotels carry their legacy and don’t leave a stone unturned to make their guests feel like royalty in their palace hotels. Many places of stay also offer traditional tent-like stays too in case you are looking to experience a night in the desert.
For your hustle to where to stay in Jaisalmer, there are a plethora of places that come on every scale of the budget line. For a luxury experience, the Jaisalmer Marriott Resort and Spa and Suryagarh Palace are some of the best recommendations you can get. With exquisite royal décor, great dining options, pampering spa sessions and others, these are just some of the many highlights of these places.
End your search for the best place to stay in Jaisalmer with family with resorts that help you experience the history of this place through their exceptional hospitality, great food and other factors. The leading names in this genre are Mirvana Nature Resort and Camp, club Mahindra Jaisalmer and others.
People Also Ask About Jaisalmer Stays
Which are the best places to stay in Jaisalmer?
1. Suryagarh Palace: The extravagant fort structure of this palace turned hotel offers a sneak peek into the glorious past of the location. It is a five star luxurious resort that fulfils the dream of staying in a fort for every traveller. The palace is surrounded by glittering sand dunes to an extensive distance that also caters to your feel of nestling amidst the desert.
The state of the art amenities offered by this best place to stay in Jaisalmer desert will definitely surpass your expectation levels. This hotel is your go to place if you want to taste the well-preserved royalty and tradition of the royals of Jaisalmer.
Location: Kahala Phata, Sam Road, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
Amenities: Spa, Gym, Dining, swimming pool and others.
Price: Starting from INR 7000 per night.
2. Jaisalmer Marriott Resort & Spa: The Marriott brand has an exquisite resort in the heart of the golden city of Rajasthan. The resort offers an exotic spa treatment, sparkling outdoor pool, great dining options and much more to its guests.
The staff is super-attentive and won’t leave a chance to make you feel pampered at their place. The spectacular backdrop of the resort helps you get a glance of the breath-taking beauty of the golden city.
Location: Jaisalmer - Sam - Dhanana Rd, Police Line, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001.
Amenities: Free Wi-Fi Access, 24-Hour Room Service, Fitness center, Spa and more.
Price: Starting from INR 6500 per night.
3. Mirvana Nature Resort & Camp: A perfect abode for all kinds of travellers, be it the families, couples or the solo travellers, this resort nestles around 55 kilometres from the city. It is ideal for the travellers looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
The huge swimming pool under the crystal clear sky is perfect to start your day with here. It also fulfils the desire of camping if one looks out for the same which makes it one of the best places to stay in jaisalmer.
Location: R.G.Farms, Sodakore, Rajasthan 345001.
Amenities: Outdoor Pool, Free Breakfast, Free Parking, Free Wi-Fi and others.
Price: Starting from INR 4500 per night.
4. Club Mahindra Jaisalmer: This exquisite resort ranks in the list of the most recommended ones for which you don’t have to break your banks. It is located in the outskirts of the city and has interiors inspired from the Haveli Style. One can treat their eyes with the gorgeous views of the desert from their accommodations here. The Jaisalmer Fort is also located at just a stone throw away distance from this resort.
Location: New Civil Airport Road, Thwaha, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001.
Amenities: Laundry Service, Free Parking, Bar, Restaurant, swimming pool, dining and more.
Price: Starting from INR 4000 per night.
5. Desert Tulip Hotel & Resort: This great resort is an epitome of classic accommodations, exemplary amenities and exceptional hospitality. It is also abode to 2 elegant restaurants where you can feast your taste buds with mouth-watering Rajasthani cuisine and others.
One can also choose to relax and rejuvenate on their stays here through their state of the art spa treatments. The royal Haveli like interiors will surely offer you a vibe of nestling in a royal palace and will make you relax on the choice you made out of the tons of places to stay in Jaisalmer.
Location: Indira Colony, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
Amenities: Business Center, bar, free parking, room service and more.
Price: Starting from INR 12,000 per night.
6. Heritage Queen Sam Desert Camp & Resort: Nestling amidst the beauty of the desert can be best experienced with your stays at this great resort. It will cater to all the adventures you look forward to in your camping in the desert and will offer you a plethora of other experiences too. One can also enjoy a safari tour of the same desert. For the families staying here, the resort offers great fun activities for the children.
Location: Heritage Queen Sam Road, Near Toll Gate, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
Amenities: Free Wi-Fi, Shuttle service, business center, free parking and more.
Price: Starting from INR 3400 per night.
7. Golden Haveli: This hotel is best known for its spacious rooms, personalised services and warm hospitality. The accommodations are equipped with state of the art amenities for the comfort of the guests like air-conditioning, satellite television, fan, study table, balcony/sit out, dressing table, desk, wardrobe and much more. Another highlight is its rooftop restaurant that bestows the best views of the surroundings of the golden city of Jaisalmer.
Location: Opp Nagar Parishad, Bera Rd, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
Amenities: Roof-top restaurant, bar, laundry service, meeting rooms and more.
Price: Starting from INR 2600 per night.
8. Gorbandh Palace: For the travellers looking for accommodations in budget, this is one the unmatchable places to stay in Jaisalmer. Every corner of this place bestows a royal charm that fascinates everyone here.
The spa and salon are the other highlights of this place that attracts the guests. This royal retreat is abode to 83 rooms in total and a great restaurant both of which are frequented by domestic travelers as well as by foreign tourists.
Location: 1, Tourist Complex, Sam Road, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
Amenities: Salon, Spa, Restaurant, Outdoor Pool, Laundry Service and more.
Price: Starting from INR 1800 per night.
9. Hoetl The Royal Court Jaisalmer: This hotel is an architectural delight to nestle in where the rooms are thoughtfully designed keeping in mind the taste and requirement of every kind of traveller.
The multi-cuisine restaurant offers the best delicacies by the expert chefs while the magnificent ambience caters to the beauty of this place. The ideal location of this resort close to the airport makes it one of the most chosen places for accommodation by the guests.
Location: New Civil Airport Road, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
Amenities: Swimming pool, spa, parking space, laundry service, AC in rooms and more.
Price: Starting from INR 15,000 per night.
10. Hotel Rang Mahal: For a luxury hospitality experience, book your rooms in this extravagant fort like hotel that mesmerises the visitor from its very first sight. The rooms are adorned with subtle hues and include a wide range of state of the art amenities for the guests comfort.
The turquoise coloured waters will lure you for a dive while the exquisite interiors will make you feel like a royal. Make this best choice out of the many places to stay in Jaisalmer and enjoy your heart out.
Location: 5, Hotel Complex, Sam Road, Post Box No.50, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
Amenities: Swimming pool, bar, restaurant, gym, beauty spa and more.
Price: Starting from INR 4000 per night.
Which are the best camps in Jaisalmer?
1. Exotic Luxury Camps: These camps nestle In Kanoi village near Sam Jaisalmer around 35 kilometres from the city center. It resides 26 deluxe luxury spacious tents which include stone beds, premium mattress & white bed linens and towels, bath mats and premium qualities toiletries and much more.
2. Camp-E-Khaas: It is located in the heart of Thar Desert and is renowned as the best 4 star luxury desert camp resort in Sam Sand Dunes. It is the best place to stay in Jaisalmer desert where you can reside in luxury tents and can enjoy your heart out in the dry paradise of Rajasthan.
3. Sand Voyages Camp: The exquisite camp setting at this place will add on to your experience of nestling amidst the desert. One can also enjoy great sports activities like cricket, badminton, and volleyball.
4. Oasis Camp: The guests nestling at these camps can enjoy complimentary sunset camel safari, Rajasthani cultural program hosted around the campfire each evening. The tents are designed very thoughtfully with a perfect combination of amenities, comfort and space.
Which are the best desert resorts in Jaisalmer?
1. Desert Springs Resort: This place puts an end to your search of where to stay in Jaisalmer with its perfect accommodations, exceptional Rajasthani hospitality and ideal location amidst flawless sand dunes. The Rajasthani and global delicacies are one of the major highlights of this resort.
2. The Mama's Resort & Camp: Experience the adventure of the silk route and as you nestle at the exclusive luxury tented accommodation offered by this resort. The attentive staff will make you feel pampered throughout your stays here.
3. Devi Desert Resort & Retreat: The bungalow styled property of this resort is abode to 23 distinct accommodations. One can experience regal stays here and the friendly staff won’t leave a stone unturned to make you feel the same.
4. Sand Dunes Resort: Perfect for a romantic getaway with your better half, this is one of the popular places to stay in Jaisalmer. The state of the art amenities offered in its luxurious tent like accommodations will cater to all your comfort and needs. It is seated 40 kilometres from the Jaisalmer city.
5. Sunshine Desert Camp & Resort: It is located ideally at a distance of 9 kilometres from Patwon ki Haveli and just a kilometre away from the famous Jaisalmer Fort. The resort has an on-site restaurant, a fully equipped kitchen and a dining area.
Which are the best desert camps stays in Jaisalmer?
1. Kanak Jaisalmer: This desert camp stay in Jaisalmer is located at a short drive from Lake Gadisar, Jaisalmer Airport, Jaisalmer Fort and Patwon Ki Haveli.
2. Mirage Camps: With an on-site bar, free parking space, Buffet and vegetarian breakfast options and plush bedding, this place put an end to your search of where to stay in jaisalmer.
3. Rajputana Desret Camp: With 40 tents and 10 AC cottages at its place, this resort also entertains its guests with an amazing gypsy dance & music program organized every day.
4. Dangri Desert Safari Camp: Established in 2002, this best place to stay in Jaisalmer with family offers its guest’s camel and jeep safari tours in addition with cultural programs.
5. Royal Desert Camp: It is one of the oldest camp stays that is located in the vicinity of the main sam parking area. Snacks, dinner, breakfast, safari tours & musical show are included in the tent tariff.
Which are the best budget stays in Jaisalmer?
1. Fort Rajwada Jaisalmer: One can choose to nestle in the luxurious suites and rooms of this place without breaking their banks. The pool and terrace dining are a must to experience things here.
2. Hotel Jaisalkot: Equipped with almost every state of the art amenities at its place, this is one of the best places to stay in Jaisalmer in budget that has spa, gym, bar, multiple restaurants and others at its place.
3. Hotel Tokyo Palace: With sumptuous interiors of the accommodations here, your stay will also be a part of your Jaisalmer royalty exploration. It is a 4 star property and has a rooftop restaurant.
4. Hotel Fifu: For the people who want to explore the city by nestling amidst its residences, this hotel is their best option out of the many places to stay in Jaisalmer. The hotel offers pick and drop service, rooftop restaurant, room service and more.
Which are the best havelis to stay in Jaisalmer?
1. Hotel Jaisalmer Haveli: All the main attractions of the Jaisalmer city are located a few minutes from this haveli. The rooms are equipped with air conditioning, free Wi-Fi and other modern amenities. This place is your answer to where to stay in jaisalmer.
2. Hotel Nachana Haveli: It is an 18 century palace turned hotel that will offer you a sneak peek into the history and lifestyle of the bygone times. The Jaisalmer Fort is just 12 minutes away while the Jaisalmer railway station is 2.1 km from the hotel.
3. Hotel Garh Jaisal Haveli: This is an 11 century fortress that resides 7 opulent accommodations adorned with the royal architecture. It also resides a restaurant and bar onsite. The attentive staff will make your stays worth at this haveli.
4. Golden Haveli: Inspired after the name of the golden city of Rajasthan, this haveli offers deluxe rooms, heritage rooms and well-appointed suites at its place. From the rooftop restaurant at its place, one can set their eyes on the picturesque beauty of the beautiful city.
5. The Golden House Jaisalmer: The modest quarters, rooftop dining and great accommodations in this royal building makes it one of the great places to stay in Jaisalmer. It also offers free parking and breakfast to its guests.
Which are the best places to stay near Jaisalmer Fort?
1. Shahi Palace Hotel: The cosy rooms of the stately building are a perfect abode to reside in on your vacation. The rooftop restaurant at its place offers magnificent views of the Jaisalmer fort under the starlit sky. Many other prominent locations are situated at a stone throw away distance from this hotel.
2. Paradise Hotel: This 17th century palace hotel that has a beautiful architecture and resides a great rooftop restaurant. One can treat their eyes with the beauty of the golden city and its fort from this hotel rooftop. The Jaisalmer Fort is at a walking distance from this best place to stay in jaisalmer with family.
3. Hotel Vrinda Palace: The thoughtfully designed accommodations of this hotel include subtle hues, state of the art amenities and much more. One can enjoy daily housekeeping, free parking space and other facilities while nestling here.
4. Hotel Victoria: This top rated hotel is actually an 11th-century fortress that resides a magnificent rooftop restaurant & a lounge. One can start their day with the free breakfast offered here while gazing at the sky high structure of the Jaisalmer Fort.
What are the popular places or landmarks to book stays in Jaisalmer?
The common landmarks that you can consider before deciding on where to stay in jaisalmer are listed below.
1. Jaisalmer Fort: This is one of the main attractions of the city. Many renowned hotels, havelis and homestays are located at a stone throw away distance from this location available for all budgets.
2. Gadisagar Lake: This is a beautiful lake with clear water and a great place to enjoy sunsets. It is one of the prominent historical places with temples and exquisite birds chirping around.
3. Patwon Ki Haveli: It is one of the oldest historical buildings that is worth exploring and is surrounded by a number of great places to stay.
What facilities will I get in stays in Jaisalmer?
One can enjoy an array of facilities on their stays in the best Places to stay in Jaisalmer like:
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free Parking
- Fitness Center
- Safari Tour
- Cultural Program
- Indoor and outdoor games like volleyball, badminton, chess and others.
How much does stay in Jaisalmer cost for one night?
It would cost one a minimum of INR 2500 on their best place to stay in jaisalmer with family or others. Hotels and havelis matching all kinds of budget needs are available in Jaisalmer.
Are stays in Jaisalmer pet friendly?
Some of the stays in Jaisalmer allow the entry of pets in their premises although you need to get it confirmed at your place of accommodation.
Is Jaisalmer safe for couples?
Yes! Jaisalmer is completely safe for couples or for any other kind of tourists planning to visit. The city is very welcoming and receives visitors throughout the year. You can see police patrolling the streets and even the locals are very friendly.
Is Jaisalmer worth visiting?
Yes! The extravagant structures, rich culture and traditions, Rajasthani cuisine and many other things are worth experiencing. The amazing desert city offers plenty of opportunities for desert safaris, camping , camel rides etc. One should definitely visit this royal land of Rajasthan.
Which hotels in Jaisalmer have nice views?
There are many hotels that receive heart-warming reviews from their guests. Some of them are Suryagarh palace, Marriott resort and Spa, Club Mahindra, Mirvana Nature Resort and Spa and many others.
How many days are enough for Jaisalmer?
One can explore the beautiful city of Jaisalmer in 2 days thoroughly. You won’t have to struggle with where to stay in jaisalmer as there are a plethora of options available for all budgets. In these two days you can enjoy staying in the camps amidst desert, enjoy safaris and explore the many attractions easily.
What is famous in Jaisalmer?
The famous things in Jaisalmer that one can add on to their exploration list are Jaisalmer Fort, Patwon Ki Haveli, Safari Tour, Rajasthani Cuisine, Gadisagar Lake, Sadar Bazaar, Desert National Park and much more.
Situated at a distance of around 40 km from Jaisalmer (Rajasthan), Desert National Park is counted amongst the largest parks of India. Geographically, this park covers an area of 3162 sq. km extending from the borders of Jaisalmer, the park boundary reaches close to the Indo-Pak border. You can expect everything here that a Desert ecosystem has to offer you. There are craggy rocks, intermedial areas, compact salt lake bottoms, and fixed dunes. In fact, the dunes makeup to almost 20% of the area under this park. Amongst the wild flora of the Desert region, you get to see Desert plants, cacti, and other thorny bushes. An adventure-filled safari will be the best way to take a 360-degree tour of the Desert ecosystem here. Besides jeep drive, if you are really adventurous, you can indulge in camping and bonfire activities here. Being located within the close proximity of the Thar Desert, the park re-defines all parameters of stereotypical transitions exhibited by flora and fauna there. Even though the Desert ecosystem at the Desert National Park is harsh and fragile, it shelters a plethora of wildlife.In fact, bird researchers tag this place as a haven for migratory birds. If you are an avid lover of the rare bird species, get your binoculars and DSLRs on as you have The Great Indian Bustard to spot here. If you take a keen interest in exploring the Desert National Park, you will come across some remnants dating back to the era of Jurassic times. So, be ready to stare at the remnants of the dinosaurs dating back to around 6 million years.The park has also got animal and bird fossils dating back to 180 million years. So, get set and go as you and your DSLR has got a lot of hard work here. Flora and Fauna at Desert National Park –Excited to know more about the Desert National Park? Let’s peep into its flora and fauna first – 1. Animals – Desert monitors, deadly vipers, spiny-tailed lizards, Krait, and sandfish are the prominent members of the wildlife family. If you are fortunate enough to be there on time, you can even spot on Desert and Bengal foxes munching on some fresh berries. Apart from these key animals, the Desert National Park also shelters Vulpes, Blackbuck Antelope, Gazelle gazelle, Desert Cat Felis Libyes, and Cervicapra Rajputana Chinkara. 2. Birds – As stated early, this park is never-ending heaven for all bird lovers. Desert National Park of Jaisalmer is known to house 150 different varieties of residential and migratory birds. It is a common phenomenon to locate endangered species of The Great Indian Bustard. Amongst the other common species you have – Demoiselle, Eagles, Falcons, Partridges, Bee-Eaters, Vultures, Larks, Shrikes, Macqueen’s Bustard. As you move on to the next section of the park, you will come across some ponds and waterholes. Larks and wheatears are common species to be located here. 3. Reptiles – Not all, but Desert National Park has surely got several reptile species to exhibit before you. Monitor lizard, Spiny-tailed lizard, Russell’s viper, Saw-scaled viper, common krait are few of the reptile species to be traced here. 4. Vegetation – Although a sparse one, you still can find a variety in the vegetative species at the Desert National Park. Prominent amongst the vegetative species are aak shrub, sewan grass, and cacti. It has got a well-diversified desert type of landscape where you have small salt lake bottom, fixed and shifting dunes, and craggy rocks. While strolling through the park, do not forget to raise your head high above the sky. You will be surprised by the number of vultures soaring high to present a delightful sight.
Located at an equal distance both from Lodhruva and Jaisalmer, Bada Bagh is one of the most significant relics of our country. Featuring a series of cenotaphs, Bada Bagh portrays illustrious past of Rajasthan. Gleaming through the desert regions of Jaisalmer, Bada Bagh once was wrapped within a coat of lush green gardens. The famous golden cenotaphs at Bada Bagh are located at a distance of 6 km from the northern region of Jaisalmer.According to the Hindu literature, the term ‘Bada Bagh’ signifies a big garden. While the structure was first constructed, it had a beautiful garden encircling it. This might be the reason as to how and why the place came to be known as Bada Bagh. Perhaps today, you won't mark the presence of any garden there. But for sure, the site is quite peaceful with golden cenotaphs arising from the golden stretch of land. It has been said that every single cenotaph here is honored to be constructed in the memory of either a king or a queen from the royal family that stayed here. These cenotaphs are nothing but tomb shaped structures which are locally referred to as Chhatris. The art of constructing Chhatris began somewhere around the 17th century and lasted until the 20th century. The first cenotaph that marked its presence here was erected as a tribute to the Maharaja Jai Singh II. After that, different Chhatris were constructed, which differ widely in their sizes. Today, you could see them standing tall in two rows reflecting the power quotient and the social status of the members of the Royal family. If you look closely at the top of each Chhatri, there’s a small stone inscription there with the date and the name of the person to whom it has been commemorated. Very few of them have brief descriptions, as well.History of Bada BaghThe credit for the construction of this piece of land goes to the Maharaja Maharawal Jai Singh. He started his work by constructing a dam in the desert region so that it could serve the purpose of a water tank for the nearby villages. Soon, the water from this dam brought unparalleled glory to the entire periphery, and the region witnessed a surprising bloom in both its flora and fauna. This delighted every boon of efforts that Maharaja Maharawal Jai Singh invested into the construction of his venture. With his death on 21st September 1743, it was his son to commemorate him with the construction of a Chhatri here. The creation of this commemorable structure in the immediate neighbor of the lake laid the foundation of a new tradition for all the Bhatti dynasty rulers. After that, to recognize and valor the contribution of each of its Bhatti dynasty rulers, a new cenotaph came to be constructed. It was in the year 1947 when this tradition of cenotaph construction was discontinued on account of the sad demise of one of the princes who passed away after suffering from a mysterious disease. This death was considered to be a reflection of lousy omen amongst the Royals. Hence, they inanimate on the discontinuation of the tradition.The Chattris at Bada BaghBada Bagh witnessed a tradition of constructing Chattris somewhere around the 17th century, which lasted until the 20th century. The first Chattri or cenotaph, which came to be built here, was that of Maharaja Jai Singh II, who ruled the region between 1688 to 1743. He made immense contributions as a ruler during his reign in Jaisalmer. The major one was the dam construction, which was aimed at uplifting both flora and fauna in the community for the betterment of the society. After his death, his son decided to commemorate his valuable contribution towards social development by constructing a cenotaph near to this water body. This laid the foundation of a new tradition in the Bhatti dynasty. Later, it was decided that upon the demise of every royal king and queen of the Bhatti dynasty, a new cenotaph would be constructed here in his or her memory. However, this tradition came to be discontinued by the mysterious demise of Maharaja Jawahar Singh. Every single chhatri at the Bada Bagh has got its own height and appear in two different rows. They are built in such a way that each one reflects the power quotient of the ruler to which it has been associated with. In short, the more powerful a king or queen stood during his reign, the tall his Chhatri would stand. At the top of each Chhatri, there’s a stone inscription reflecting the date and the name of the king or queen to whom it has been honored to. On some of them, you would even witness a brief description, as well.
Known as the golden city of India, Jaisalmer is a beautiful city in Rajasthan. Among all the things that make this city popular, “Patwon Ki Haveli,” also known as the Mansion of Brocade Merchants tops the list.Patwon Ki Haveli is a cluster of five large havelis in Jaisalmer. Built in 1805 by Guman Chand Patwa, it took the workers almost 55 years to complete the first haveli. With an interesting history, Patwon Ki Haveli is actually the first and the largest haveli to be constructed in Jaisalmer. History says that Patwa was an extremely wealthy man and a well-known trader of his time. Due to his riches, he could afford to build a luxurious palace and thus ordered the construction of separate stories – one for each of his five sons. The entire family dealt in gold and silver threads that were used in embroidering clothes and so, there was no dearth of money in the family. Once home to the Patwa family, today the cluster of havelis is occupied by the Rajasthan government’s art and craft department. Its beautiful architecture, creative mirror work, intricate carvings, lovely paintings, and its rich goldish yellow color is what makes this cluster of havelis a favorite among tourists and locals alike.