Day Tours in Gold CoastEnjoy the essence of this fantastic city that has been earmarked as a hotspot for tourists looking for fun and relaxation by opting for some of the best Gold Coast Day Tours. Whether you are an adrenaline junkie looking for a challenge or someone looking for a moment of peace and tranquility amid Australia’s forests and bushlands, the Day Tours Gold Coast have something in store for everyone.
The options that you will find when visiting the Gold Coast are limitless with half-day tours, full day tours, as well as quick short trips. You have the choice of taking a tour while cruising on the canals and waterways that are abundant in these parts, go on sightseeing tours, or choose an activity-based adventure tour. Opt for a glow worm caves tour for a mesmerizing sight or a snorkeling tour at Wavebreak Island to enjoy swimming alongside the exotic tropical fishes here.
People Also Ask About Day Tours in Gold Coast
Which are the most popular day tours in Gold Coast?
1. Hinterland Tours: Explore Australia’s mystical ancient rainforest, gushing waterfalls, and state of the art wineries by choosing one of the most interesting Gold Coast Day Tours. These hinterland tours are guided and thus offer excellent opportunities to learn much about the local flora, fauna, and fascinating facts about the region. Explore the world’s oldest tropical rainforest in North Queensland or venture out to the Springbrook National Park where you will come across the Natural Bridge glow worm caves.
Price: Starting from AUD 100
- Hotel transfers
- English speaking guide
2. Glow Worm Caves Tour: Go deep into the hinterlands located behind the Gold Coast for a unique tour of the glow worm caves located within the ancient national park. The sight of the incredible glow worms come to life in the dark interiors of the caves, is one that you will have to see to believe. This is a guided Day Tours in Gold Coast where you will also be handed a spotlight to help you navigate your way to the Natural Bridge at the Springbrook National Park.
Price: Starting from AUD 150
- Hotel transfers
- Admission into National Park
3. Half Day Wavebreak Island Snorkeling: Become a part of this exciting snorkeling team by opting for one of the most popular Gold Coast Day Tours during your visit here. You will receive assistance from some of the best qualified and professional guides who will help you see the marine life of this region firsthand. Admire the wide array of coral and subtropical fish that inhabit these parts with their bright colors dazzling as they swim past you.
Price: Starting from AUD 160
- Professional guide
- All equipment and training
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- All fees, taxes, and handling charges
Book Now: Half Day Wavebreak Island Snorkeling
4. Tangalooma Island Resort Tour: Get up and close with some of the region’s most exotic marine life as you head for the Moreton Bay Marine Park on one of the best Gold Coast Day Tours. Exhilarate at the sight of bottlenose dolphins, turtles, dugongs and more as you venture out into the waters of this wildlife-rich area. Learn a lot of interesting facts about these fun creatures, their habitats, behavior, diet, among others.
Price: Starting from AUD 150
- A full day cruise to Moreton Island
- Marine Discovery Cruise with a chance to watch dolphins, sea turtles, and more
- Snorkeling with complete gear and equipment, training and marine and national park fees
- Beach sporting equipment during your time on the beach
5. Wavebreak Island and Stradbroke Island Half-Day Tour: Opt for one of the most popular Gold Coast Day Tours that takes you through the calm surroundings and peaceful waterways of this magnificent Australian city. Paddle through the serene and clean waters where you can spot a plethora of aquatic animals. The tour will also take you across one of the most renowned beaches on the planet for its kayaking and snorkeling opportunities. Witness the myriad multi-hued sub-tropical fish from the Wavebreak Island and keep an eye out for the famous swamp wallaby at Stradbroke Island
Price: Starting from AUD 95
- Meals: a light Continental breakfast
- Guide: An English-speaking guide
- Transfers: Pick up and drop off from and to your hotel
Book Now: Wavebreak Island and Stradbroke Island Half-Day Tour
6. Scenic Rim Farm, Food & Wine Day Tour in Gold Coast: Book yourself on one of the most refreshing Gold Coast Day Tours that will take you amid lush green nature flanked by breathtaking valleys. Enjoy your cup of morning tea in these tranquil surroundings, sip on a locally crafted beer, or some mouth watering wine. Explore the entire plantation while understanding interesting facts about the bountiful nature here. You can also go wandering around the nearby villages and learn more about their local businesses.
Price: Starting from AUD 170
- English speaking guide
- Round trip transfers from and to your hotel
7. Full Day Winery Tour from Gold Coast by The Vino Bus: Make your way through the green rainforests as you embark on one of the most fun Day Tours Gold Coast. Explore the spectacular Tamborine Mountains to some of the most famous wineries and distilleries. These award winning locations give you the chance to taste premium wines as well as enjoy some locally produced cheese along with it. Discover some of the most exquisite lookout points in the mountains from where you can click excellent pictures.
Price: Starting from AUD 180
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Multiple wines and liqueurs tasting sessions
- Local Cheese tasting sessions
8. Sunset Kayak Tour: Set out on a relaxing kayak paddle as the sun begins to go down on the glittering waters of the Nerang River in Surfers Paradise by choosing one of the best Day Tours in Gold Coast. The serene and clear waters of the river offer a mesmerizing view and great backdrop for photos as it reflects light from the skyline. The beautiful sight of the cozy waterfront homes as you sail along will certainly take your breath away. After the kayak experience, you will be greeted with a glass of wine right on the beach.
Price: Starting from AUD 190
- Use of kayaks
- Lessons on kayaking
- Professional guide
9. Moreton Island Day Trip Departing Gold Coast: Choose one of the most exciting Day Tours Gold Coast and spend your entire day relaxing on the peaceful Moreton Island. Go exploring the beaches, snorkeling spots, and massive sand dunes that dot this area. Hop aboard a 4-wheel drive vehicle with an experienced guide and zoom along from the sea to the sand. Fill your day with adventure as you go snorkeling at the Tangalooma Wrecks and kayaking along the coral reef.
Price: Starting from AUD 150
- Hotel drop off
- A professional English speaking guide
- A locally sourced picnic lunch with Australian delicacies
- Ride on transparent kayaks
- Ride on 4WD ‘Tough Bus
10. Whale Watching Tour: Choose one of the most famous Day Tours Gold Coast and witness the breathtaking sight of majestic humpback whales in their natural surroundings. This whale watching cruise gets you a guaranteed spotting as the gentle giants make their way past the Gold Coast from June to November which is their period of migration. You will be accompanied throughout the tour by a marine biologist guide who will give you deep insights into the life and habits of these massive creatures.
Price: Starting from AUD 120
- Tea or coffee upon boarding
- Live commentary on board
- Free parking at the Mariner's Cove Marina
- Professional guide
Click Here to Book Now: Sea Life Sydney Aquarium
What are the other places to visit in Gold Coast?
1. Sea World: An absolute paradise for kids, this is home to an exotic collection of marine life including dolphins, polar bears, turtles, penguins and several others. Engage in an interactive Dora the Explorer show and marvel at the exhilarating Jet Stunt Extreme show organized here.
- Location: Seaworld Dr, Main Beach QLD 4217, Australia
- Entry Fee: AUD 28
- Timings: 9:30 AM – 5 PM
2. Warner Bros. Movie World: Exult in this fascinating world based on movie themes complete with thrilling rides, games, stalls, and live performances. Soak in the best that Hollywood has to offer as you head to the Star Parade on Main Street.
- Location: Pacific Mwy, Oxenford QLD 4210, Australia
- Entry Fee: AUD 30
- Timings: 9 AM – 6PM
3. Dreamworld: This exciting theme park and zoo is also one of Australia’s biggest with more than 40 rides and attractions. A great place to visit with your family and kids, some of the most popular attractions here include the Dreamworld Express and Sky Voyager.
- Location: Dreamworld Pkwy, Coomera QLD 4209, Australia
- Entry Fee: AUD 25
- Timings: 10 AM – 5 PM
4. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary: Enjoy your day at this spectacular sanctuary having an interactive experience amidst Australian wildlife. Learn about the inhabitants of the park and visit the hospital that ensures each of them is kept in good health.
- Location: 28 Tomewin St, Currumbin QLD 4223, Australia
- Entry Fee: AUD 50
- Timings: 9 AM – 4PM
Also Book: Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Tickets
5. Springbrook National Park: Get away from the hustle and bustle of city life into the calm and peaceful surroundings of this famous national park. Exult at the sight of majestic falls and lush forests that also offer immense opportunities for adventure to tourists.
- Location: Old School Rd, Springbrook QLD 4213, Australia
- Entry Fee: AUD 6.65
6. SkyPoint Observation Deck: Soak in the breathtaking views of the surrounding cityscape as you stand on this famous observation deck. You can soar up to this deck on one of the world’s fastest elevators which takes you to the very top in just 42.7 seconds.
- Location: Level 77, q1 building/9 Hamilton Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
- Entry Fee: AUD 10
- Timings: 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM
7. Surfers Paradise Beach: Go swimming and surfing along the crystal clear waters overlooking this expansive beach in the heart of Gold Coast. Make the most of the place by hiring boards and taking surf lessons provided here, in case you are a novice.
- Location: Gold Coast, Queensland
8. Burleigh Beach: The picturesque setting of this famous Australian beach draws visitors here to swim in its warm waters or simply to relax on its golden sands. The meticulously maintained beach is also known as a surfer’s haven.
- Location: Gold Coast, near the Gold Coast Highway and Fourth Avenue
Click here to Book Now: Madame Tussauds Sydney Tickets
What’s there to see at Hinterland in Gold Coast?
1. Tamborine Mountain Glow Worm Caves: Witness the breathtaking sight of glow worms as they come alive within the dark interiors of the caves deep in the Tamborine Mountains.
2. Curtis Falls: Walk through the lush rainforests of Australia to witness this majestic waterfall cascading down the hillsides. It is a great site for clicking some magnificent shots against a spectacular backdrop.
3. Witches Falls Winery: Take a tour of this one and only working winery in Tamborine that is also known for producing some of the most unique and exceptional wine. Take part in a wine tasting experience, which is also great for gaining knowledge about the craft.
4. Springbrook National Park: Enjoy a pleasant walk through nature and lush greenery at this famous park in Gold Coast. The calm and tranquil surroundings is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of the main city.
5. Natural Bridge: Go down this beautiful walking track that winds its way around a lovely park. This is an absolutely free of cost attraction that is great either during the daylight hours or even at night. The trail also takes you across spectacular waterfalls, and caves that house thousands of glow worms.
6. Tamborine Mountain Botanic Gardens: Spread across an area of about 11 hectares, this vibrantly colored garden is a great place to see at Hinterland in Gold Coast. Enjoy looking at the beautiful flowers that grow in abundance here including the Roses, Camellias, Rhododendrons, Magnolias, Bromeliads, Orchids, and Natives to name a few.
What is the best time to visit Glow Worm Caves in Gold Coast?
The best time of the year to visit Glow Worm Caves in Gold Coast is between December and March. These are the warmer months in the country and since these worms crave damp and wetness, they tend to dwell in the caves and rainforests during this time.
How many days are enough to visit the Gold Coast?
You should have at least five full days in hand if you want to enjoy most of the offerings and attractions at Gold Coast. These include its exquisite natural bounty such as the waterfalls, rainforests, glow worm caves, beaches, and much more.
Click Here to Book Now: Symbio Wildlife Park Tickets
What is the best time to visit the Gold Coast?
The best time to visit Gold Coast is between the months of December and February which are the summer months here. You can explore all the fun water activities offered at the various beaches in the city during this time.
What are the best activities and attraction in Australia that you can book via Thrillophilia?The following are the best activities and attractions that you can book via Thrillophilia:
Among the many attractions that lure people to Gold Coast, a visit to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary makes it to the top of the itinerary. Encased in around 27 hectares of protected rainforest, it is not less than a haven for nature enthusiasts and wildlife buffs. This wildlife sanctuary is a non-profit organization that has been enriching and replenishing biodiversity and wildlife at a rapid speed since the last seventy years and this is one of the best places to go in Gold Coast. You can spot here a prolific variety of birds, reptiles, insects, and mammals. It offers an unrivalled opportunity to watch the native species of animals in their natural bushland setting. The best thing about this wildlife sanctuary is that you can have an interactive session with the birds and animals that you haven’t even heard of before.You can hand-feed the kangaroos, cuddle up with a koala and get up close with the crocodiles and fishes here. You can also spot the koalas curled up in the trees, pelicans lying by the lake, wallaby and kangaroo feeding, and a hungry skippy looking for food here. If you’re someone who is not just happy wandering along the well-marked paths and gazing at the wildlife species, then you can even take part in the adrenaline pumping tree-top challenge course here. A wildlife hospital is also located in the sanctuary to ensure the good health of the wildlife species.Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary has recently added a new section to its vast expanse known as the Lost Valley. Here you can collect information about the supercontinent of Gondwana, and you can witness here distinct species of flora and fauna.Click Here to Book Now: Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Tickets
Dreamworld Gold Coast is the biggest theme park in Australia and is visited by more than one million people each year. However, it is not just its huge size but the immense diversity of attractions and experiences that make it such a loved-spot for locals and tourists alike. Besides being a family theme park, Dreamworld is also a conservatory which works at preserving tigers. Thus, it is not only a vacation spot but actually has great bio-significance for the people of Australia and this is one of the best places to visit in Gold Coast.It is home to many animals like Kangaroos, Wombats, and Koalas. This theme park is also famous for having a Tiger Island where you can witness diverse tiger species. It also gives great insight into Australian culture through a Corroboree that recites the history of Australia. The balance that the makers have managed to achieve between culture and fun is probably what makes it one of the top places to visit in Australia. You can also enjoy shopping here and fun exploration of your favourite wildlife species. You can also spot here an entire section devoted to educational experiences revolving around the Aboriginal communities. The diverse nature of this park is also reflected in the food joints here, which offer everything from fast food to authentic culinary cuisine. Thus, Dreamworld Gold Coast is almost like a mini-Australia that gives you a chance to get a great insight into the culinary, cultural, and ecological aspects of the country- all while having fun on amazing rides!Click Here to Book Now: Dreamworld Gold Coast Tickets
Wet 'n' Wild Gold Coast happens to be a water park situated in Oxenford, Gold Coast, Queensland. The water park is owned and operated by the village roadshow theme parks and is one of the most popular water parks in Queensland.This is for the reason that, in the year 2009 it has received almost 1,095,000 visitors, which made it rank first in Australia and eighth in the whole world. The park was opened for public in the year 1984. The park remains open for visitors all over the year with heated water in the winter season.There are four water pools, seventeen different water slides for adults, and two specially constructed places for children inside the park. Some of the major attractions of the Wet 'n' Wild Gold Coast are Kamikaze, Tornado, Blackhole, AquaLoop, Buccaneer Bay, Calypso Beach, Constrictor, Flowrider, and many more. A visit to the Wet 'n' Wild Gold Coast will not only impress you by its amazing world-class water park facilities, but it will also delight your taste buds with various types of mouth watering delicacies in its in house eateries Bombora Burger Bar, Oasis Ice Cream Parlour, Snack Shack, and Go Frozen" Frozen Coke Bar.Finally yet importantly, to keep the memoirs alive all the time, you can opt to go for souvenir shopping and take some of the collectibles that will keep the memory of this trip to the park alive all through your life.Also Read: Monuments in Australia