Popular Gokarna Packages
|2 Days 1 Night||₹ 1269.0|
The tour packages to Gokarna bring something for every tourist where one can discover its history immersed in mythology and natural beauty. Whether you want a small weekend getaway or a long trip, an adventure expedition, or just a relaxing staycation, Thrillophilia has got you covered with its various Gokarna tours. Gokarna tour packages present the best of hotels, facilities, attractions, and recreational activities meant to pamper visitors in the best way on their Gokarna holiday. Generally, 1 to 2 days are enough to explore this quaint town with Gokarna tour packages.
If you are looking for pilgrimage place, check out Gokarna tour itineraries that attract numerous devotees. The tour covers a visit to various temples, such as Mahabaleshwara Temple, Bhadrakali Temple, Maha Ganapati Temple, Shree Venkataramana Temple. You can also visit many other nearby small temples with specially designed tours. But it's no longer just recognized as a temple town; people who love the beach locations are now eagerly choosing other Gokarna tours as well.
As the town boasts a plethora of beaches, the stretch of gorgeous, sandy seashores entices several tourists here each year. With these packages, you can enjoy some relaxing moments at its pristine clear beaches. The trip itinerary includes a visit to different beaches like Gokarna beach, Kudle beach, Om beach, Paradise beach, and Half moon beach. So, have a carefree vacation by picking any of these Gokarna tours. Furthermore, some tour packages also offer a chance to enjoy thrilling activities at reasonable prices like snorkeling, surfing, and banana boat ride for adventure enthusiasts.
People Also Ask About Gokarna Tours
Which are the famous places to visit during the Gokarna Tour?
1. Mahabaleshwar Temple:
Built with exquisite white granite, Mahabaleshwar Temple represents dravidian architecture. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, it is a home to Atmalinga. The reverence shown by the pilgrims for this temple is commendable and it is one of the most visited temples during the Gokarna tour.
Having mentioned in the hindu epics like Ramayana and Mahabharatha, this temple gained even more popularity and is a pious place that pilgrims visit in search of peace and solitude.
Location: Koti Tirtha Rd, Kotiteertha, Dandebagh, Gokarna, Karnataka 581326.
Timings: 5 AM to 12 PM and 4 PM to 9 PM on all days.
2. Yana Caves:
For all the adventure lovers and inquisitors, Yana Caves is a must visit for you while you are on the Gokarna trip. Witness the unique yet beautiful rock formations and the splendid scenic views will make your heart skip a beat. This place appeals to all the trek lovers and to all the religious travellers too. Because there is a temple at the base that holds a historical significance.
Location: Yana Rocks Rd, Achave, Karnataka 581403.
Entry Fee: Rs 5 per person and Rs 30 for parking.
Timings: 8 AM to 6 PM on all days.
3. Koti Tirtha:
A manmade pond with a spiritual significance is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Gokarna tour package. Surrounded by various temples and monasteries, Koti Tirtha is considered to be a place of spirituality.
Numerous spiritual rituals are conducted around this tank by the priests and monks. The water here is calm and tranquility prevails in the atmosphere here. People come here to seek solace and peace and to just reflect and introspect about their lives.
Location: Southeast of Mahabaleshwara Temple, Gokarna, Karnataka, 581326, India.
4. Paradise Beach:
It is an overwhelming experience to visit Paradise Beach, also known as the Full Moon beach. It is sure to be included in your Gokarna trip package because you can’t afford to miss this beauty.
Away from the hustle and bustle of the city life, you can rejuvenate yourself at this beach by going for a swim in the cold water. And if you’re not in the mood for that, the cool wind lapping your cheeks while strolling near the beach will also refresh you.
Location: Paradise Beach, Gokarna, Karnataka.
5. Mirjan Fort:
Renowned for its architectural beauty, Mirjan Fort stands true to its beauty that is talked about by every traveller. Located approximately at a distance of 11 km from Gokarna, being here feels like being in nature’s abode.
A perfect blend of historical remnants and lush green nature, this fort is worth visiting on your trip to Gokarna. The wells, tunnels and secret entrances residing in the fort lead to the canal which is also a must visit.
Location: Talluk, Mirjan Fort Road, Mirjan, Karnataka 581333.
Timings: 8 AM to 6 PM on all days.
6. Shiva Caves:
Unexplored to a large extent, Shiva Caves has still made its place in the worth visiting attractions of Gokarna. It is a great spot for people looking for peace and a serene atmosphere. Sometimes known as the meditation spot because of the calmness that surrounds it, people and saints come here to meditate or enjoy the extraordinary scenic views.
As the name suggests, there is also a statue of Lord Shiva here and everyone who visits the Kudle Beach must stop by and experience the tranquility here.
Location: Gokarna Kudle Road, Gokarna, Karnataka 581326.
Timings: 6 AM to 6 PM on all days.
What are the famous adventure activities to do in Gokarna?
1. Banana Boat Ride: Experience the thrill with the Banana Boat ride, get dropped into the cold water and relive the child in you. Costing around 600 per ride, it is absolutely worth the money. Safety equipment is also provided so you just have to stop worrying and enjoy.
2. Bumper Ride: Enjoy this bumpy ride with the cold water splashing your face. A bumper boat that will be attached to a speed boat will take you on this crazy but the best 15 minutes of your trip. An instructor will be there at all times and you will also be provided with life jackets and other safety equipment to avoid any kind of mishap.
3. Jet Ski: Cruise through the waters of the Arabian Sea and the fun just begins. Take in the beauty of the surroundings while you enjoy this water sport. Jet Ski is an absolute delight and will never leave you disappointed.
4. Scuba Diving: Experience the mesmerising vastness of the Arabian Sea and seize this opportunity of witnessing a variety of exquisite sea animals. It is a sight to behold and something that you will remember for the years to come.
5. Speed Boating: Experience the magically fun-filled adventure that Speed boating entails riding through the waves of water. Take this water sport and you are in for an adrenaline rush that will let you have the time of your life.
How to reach Gokarna?
Gokarna can be reached from Goa, Mangalore and Bengaluru. It is accessible through roadways, railway and via flight as per one’s preference.- The roadways are well connected. Direct busses are available from Goa, Bengaluru, Hubli and Mangalore. KSRTC buses and private busses, both can be hired. Gokarna is just 10 km off the NH 17 connecting Mumbai to Kochi. Cabs can be hired for shorter distances. For travel within Gokarna even auto rickshaws are available.
- Nearest airport- Dabolim Airport in Goa is the nearest airport. Its 140 km from Gokarna and well connected so cabs or taxi services are available to reach Gokarna.
- Trains from Mumbai, Mangalore, Thiruvananthapuram, Veraval and other cities halt at the nearest station, Ankola, which is 20 Km from Gokarna.
What is the best time to visit Gokarna?
The best time to visit Gokarna is experienced during the months of October until March. Due to being nestled on the western coast of India in Karnataka, this pilgrimage turned tourist place experiences quite pleasant weather during that time of the year.
It has an average temperature of about 32-degree celsius. Whereas due to the reason of southwest monsoon Gokarna won’t be as easy to visit from June until August.
What is Gokarna famous for?
Gokarna is famous for its nearby beaches and the rustic unspoiled temples. Initially, Gokarna was renowned by its being a pilgrimage centre as it is one among the seven Hindu pilgrimage centers of India. However, with time, Some of the places like Om Beach, Gokarna main beach, Mahabaleshwar temple, Bhadrakali temple, and Lalguli Falls are included as a part of the Gokarna tour packages as these are the most prominent ones here.
Which are the best spots for dolphin spotting and fishing in Gokarna?
The trip to Gokarna is incomplete without enjoying its activities on the water. However, there are a few beaches included in Gokarna tour packages which are very famous for the activity of spotting dolphins. Dolphins are fun and lovable creatures. People love being around dolphins. Therefore, it is amazing to spot dolphins and have a great time. For children and younger members in the trip, dolphin spotting would be one of the most cherished activities. The beaches which allow full-fledged dolphin spotting in Gokarna include –
1. Paradise Beach
2. Om Beach
Fishing is a renowned activity in any part of India. Fishing is one such activity which is enjoyed by tourists and natives alike. The younger members and the older members, everybody would enjoy spending a great time fishing on the banks of the water bodies. In Gokarna, however, due to the abundance of beaches and water bodies, fishing is a very serious activity. Gokarna tour packages include fishing which is a major tourist attraction of the region. The main places where fishing is performed in Gokarna are –
1. Om Beach
2. Kumta Beach, which is 30 kilometers away from Gokarna but is one of the best fishing hubs in the outskirts of Gokarna.
In Om Beach, this activity takes an hour. The water in Om Beach is ideal for fishing. The fishing is enjoyed while sitting on a boat which waters surrounding you from all the sides. After fishing, you are even offered facilities to cook whatever you’ve caught!
How can I reach Gokarna from Bangalore?
You can reach Gokarna from Bangalore by way of either train, cab or bus. It is not that typical to reach Gokarna from Bangalore but the journey through train takes quite a while. There is a direct train from Bangalore called the Karwar Express which takes the minimum time to reach and is the cheapest way too.
The journey on this train takes you around 16 hours and 30 minutes. Other modes of transportation by road provided in the Gokarna tour packages are:
1. By Bus- Many normal and luxury buses run from KSRTC and private buses from VRL and SRS that take around a minimum of 8 hours.
2. By Car- One can opt for the National Highway NH4 till Haveri and take State Highway to Gokarna via Sirsi. (Bangalore - Tumkur - Davanagere - Haveri - Sirsi - Madangeri - Gokarna)
What can I buy in Gokarna?
One can buy souvenirs like prayer beads, brass lamps, picture frames of divine God and goddesses, religious items like incense sticks, etc. Although the Gokarna Packages include many places for shopping where one can also buy artificial jewelry made from seashells and also pick out some items for decoration purposes.
One may find quite a number of street stalls in Gokarna selling these items. While searching for things to shop at Gokarna, one can find a flea market where things are available easily and at a low price.
Is Gokarna beach safe?
Yes, Gokarna beach is a safe place to visit and rejoice in the fun of a beach vacation. Nestled in the coastal area of Karnataka this exotic pilgrim location has been not experienced as an unsafe place. The Gokarna tours are inclusive of safety as a part of your trip to this exotic beachfront.
Gokarna is considered as the safest one. Only and until if one is into gambling or drugs it becomes a little negative environment but if not then it is considered to be a very safe place for everyone.
How far is Gokarna from Goa?
Located in the coastal Karnataka region, Gokarna is not a far ride from the beach city called Goa. When wondering about the distance from Goa to Gokarna then one should know that Gokarna packages will provide an easy journey from Goa to Gokarna that takes 147 km to reach Gokarna whereas by rails and air it is 87 km and 91 km respectively.
What is Gokarna famous for?
Gokarna is known for its being a pilgrimage center but for quite a while the pristine beaches and crystal waters have been the main attraction for the travelers looking out for a vacation filled with peace and tranquility.
The Gokarna tours will provide you with less of a commercialized and more of a laid back version that Gokarna will seem to you when you visit the prominent beaches like the Om beach, Kudle beach, Half Moon Beach and Paradise beach.
How many days are enough for Gokarna?
One can easily cover the whole of Gokarna in about 2 to 3 days where one will be able to explore the heavenly divine temples and the gorgeous beaches. Gokarna is a hamlet hidden amidst the pristine beaches that cover a small part of Karnataka just of about 10.9 km square area.
For those who love the lush greenery, beaches, and peaceful surroundings Gokarna is a must-visit port of call to spend a couple of days.
Is camping allowed in Gokarna?
Yes, camping can be done in Gokarna anywhere one wishes to however not without permission. Paradise beach is an exception though where one does not require permission and can set up their own tents. However, there are many places in Gokarna that provide you with camping facilities and permission like the 5 Mile Beach resort and the Camp Riveredge Paradise.
How many beaches are there in Gokarna?
There are in total of five beaches in Gokarna. An idyllic location though with just five number of beaches, has, a winding path that will take you towards the scenic views of the Western ghats and the Arabian Sea and leaves you mesmerized.
Starting from Gokarna- the main beach the place is also blessed by Kudle beach, Om Beach, Half Moon Beach, Paradise Beach and last but not the least Belekan Beach. These pristine beaches make Gokarna look a heavenly stunning port of call.
How do I get to Half Moon Beach Gokarna?
One can take the route of the southern end of Om Beach and hike along the narrow trail leading towards the Dolphin cafe on the Half Moon Beach.Unlike the other beaches, the Half Moon Beach is not connected by a good road network so Gokarna tours will make it easy for one to reach the place by either providing motorboats from Om Beach or by hiking your way through it.
Which is the best place for scuba diving in Gokarna?Netrani Island: Set out to Netrani Island from Murudeshwar since it is the nearest diving site in Gokarna. Located at a distance of around 40 km, this site provides you with an enthralling experience. You can witness numerous sea animals like clownfish, rays, sea cucumbers etc.
Witnessing marine life and swimming along the colourful and vibrant corals is an overwhelming feeling. The instructors are there with you throughout this 30 to 40 minute session, guiding you all along. So relax and enjoy this once in a lifetime experience while you are on your Gokarna tour.
Which is the nearest airport to Gokarna?
One can find the nearest airport to Gokarna in Dabolim, Goa around 140 km away. Gokarna packages usuallyinclude conveyance to reach the airport, that is, by taxi and/or by bus. The Dabolim airport has good connectivity with both the domestic as well as international places in Germany and the UK.
Which are the best beaches to visit on the Gokarna Tour?
1. Om Beach: Appearing to resemble the symbol of ‘Om’, this beach has a spiritual significance. Being extremely beautiful, Om Beach captivates the attention of the photographers. It is also one of the popular beaches when it comes to water sports.
2. Gokarna Beach: Famous for surfing and trekking, Gokarna Beach offers the most aesthetic views. Located at a close distance from Mahabaleshwar Temple, it is often visited by the pilgrims to take a dip before going to the temple.
3. Half Moon Beach: This beach is named after its shape which appears to be in the shape of a half moon. Providing extremely scenic and bewitching views for a trek, the beauty of the Half Moon beach encourages the trekkers to keep going till they cover all the five beaches in one go.
4. Kudle Beach: Located away from the hustle and bustle of the town of Gokarna, Kudle Beach offers peace and tranquility. For someone who is seeking solitude and an enticing place to just sit, relax and introspect, this beach is a perfect choice.
5. Nirvana Beach: Making you feel like in a state of utopia, this offbeat beach is less explored and witnesses less visitors. With its peaceful atmosphere and blue waters, you can dive in for a swim to rejuvenate yourself.
Which are the best places to stay in Gokarna?1. Kudle Beach View Resort & Spa: Offering garden views and all the amenities possible, Kudle Beach View Resort & Spa is one of the popular choices among the tourists. With a swimming pool, massage services and a spa and wellness centre, this resort provides an extremely luxurious stay.
2. Namaste Sanjeevini: With beautiful views surrounding it, Namaste Sanjeevini features a garden and a lovely terrace. It also offers a tour on local culture which is insightful and helps it stand out from the other resorts. It’s rustic architecture and the natural streams within the premises lets you experience heaven on earth.
3. Arthigamya Resort & Spa: Embraced with peace and tranquility, Arthigamya Resort & Spa offers pure bliss. With the chirping of the birds and the cool breeze, stepping into this resort will refresh you. It provides a recreational centre, traditional massages, therapies and scrubs that enhance your stay here.
4. Kahani Paradise: Providing 360 degree views of forest and sea, Kahani Paradise is a true luxury villa offering solace and repose amidst nature. With a cooking class, swimming pools and wellness centre, this resort comprises all that one can dream of on a perfect, relaxing vacation.
5. Stonewood Nature Resort: Your dreamy stay for a perfect getaway from your city life, Stonewood Nature Resort provides picturesque views that are an absolute delight. Take a dip in the pool, spend time on the paved walkways or take up some adventurous activities, this resort is a glimmer of paradise.
What kind of nightlife can I experience in Gokarna?
The nightlife in Gokarna is unconventional breaking all the common stereotypes related to nightlife. With no pubs and bars in Gokarna, the idea of getting out at night here is to explore.
- Experience the enchanting beauty of this quaint town by getting out for a stroll.
- Walk and explore the peaceful roads, the beauty of this town and the beauty of its surroundings.
- People who love the adrenaline rush can also go for a night trek and discover the bumpy roads and the new paths.
- Walk under the wide sky full of stars on the shore of the beach and feel the happiness like never before.
- Stepping out late in Gokarna is like becoming one with nature as the town sleeps in the quietness of the night.
- If you are with your family or scared to go out, you can also request for a bonfire at your respective resorts. It will sprinkle your evening and night with colour and joy and enhance your experience of the Gokarna trip.
What are the best sites for camping in Gokarna?1. Gokarna Beach Camping: The experience of beach camping in Gokarna is inexpressible. Camping at any of the Gokarna Beaches like Om Beach etc is a must when you are on your Gokarna trip. The sounds of the water are soothing to your ears providing you with a unique experience.
Have you ever stargazed lying on a beach? Well, if you haven’t, the feeling is unparalleled and gazing at the stars offers you so much satisfaction and contentment. You will be provided with a tent and all the delicious meals. Camp with music and bonfire and live this magical moment while you can amidst the incredibly beautiful surroundings.
2. Shiva Camping Resort: Offering a relaxed and pleasant stay, Shiva Camping Resort offers camping accommodation and delectable food. It is also couple friendly and provides a candle light dinner amidst the beautiful surroundings. There is also an option of a campfire and trekking if you want to indulge in any of those. Warm hospitality and friendly staff makes the stay here fun and memorable.
3. Gokarna Adventure: Located on the Gokarna Beach, this camping site is kid friendly and offers an extremely delightful stay. Offering a complimentary luscious breakfast buffet and an in house restaurant, the site takes care of all your needs.
This camping site is also pet friendly and what more can one need on a vacation where you can bring your pets? Gokarna Adventure is a perfect site by the beach to camp and enjoy your vacation.
What are the famous temples to visit in Gokarna?Gokarna is a place where religious learning is given a really good importance. Sanskrit is the most important language of the place. Also, Gokarna tour packages ensure that you visit important sites such as Toggu Math and Bhandikeri Math.
Having spoken about religious learning, Gokarna is actually a very spiritual place which many temples and pilgrimage sites. The most important ones are visited throughout the year, by devotees and tourists from different places of the world. Some of the most important religious sites in Gokarna have been listed below –
1. Mahabaleshwara Temple
2. Bhadrakali Temple
3. Maha Ganapathi Temple
4. Tamra Gauri Temple
5. Uma Maheshwara Temple
6. Venkataramana Temple
Apart from these, there is a ritual bathing ground which is also used for immersing idols known as Koti Teertha. This place is surrounded by many temples. The overall atmosphere is very pious and peaceful.