Homestays in Dharamshala offer the best stay for guests who truly want to experience the magic of this mountain destination. You can enjoy a quiet stay with a homely feel where you can unwind and relax with your friends and family. Homestays are a great choice for truly experiencing the culture and the uniqueness of Dharamshala.
You can also choose luxury homestays in Dharamshala to enjoy the high end facilities and services that you can get in hotels but without the rush and impersonal feel that hotels have. Homestays offer true home away from home experiences and the owners or caretakers of these properties are friendly and helpful ensuring you have the best of both worlds. One such example is the luxurious Navek La Homestay in Dharamshala.
You can choose from the best homestays in Dharamshala depending on your budget, facilities offered and location. If you are looking for homestays that are pocket-friendly but with great services and wonderful views then you can choose from properties such as the Himalayan Homestay, The Unmad, Kapoor Homestay, Kareri Inn or the Magic Tree Inn. Places like Shova’s Nest and Villa Santushti are ideal for a relaxing holiday with friends and family.
People Also Ask About Homestays in Dharamshala
What are the best homestays in Dharamshala?
1. Navek La Homestay: Navek La Homestay is a fantastic property and one of the best homestays in Dharamshala offering spectacular views of the Dhauladhar ranges. This beautiful property is located on the banks of the Manuni River. This heritage style country villa offers 5 spacious rooms with separate entrances, wooden floors, a kitchenette and free wifi. This fabulous greystone house has a wonderful garden with fruit trees around. Rooms have large bay windows so that you can enjoy the views. Freshly cooked meals are prepared for guests each day
Location: Village Rakkar, PO Sidhbari, Tehsil Dharamsala
Price: Starting from INR 8500 per night
2. Villa Santushti Homestay: This wonderful property is surrounded by lush greenery, a babbling mountain brook and jaw dropping views of the Dhauladhar ranges. This is one of the most peaceful homestays in Dharamshala offering 6 spacious, clean and airy rooms with attached baths. The property also has an in-house cafe and bar lounge which caters to your breakfast, lunch and dinner orders. The homestay also offers a pool and a kiddie pool if you wish to take a dip.
Location:Village Kandi, Khanyara Road, Khanyara, Dharamshala
3. The Unmad: Cozily tucked in amid towering pine and deodar trees, The Unmad is one of the best homestays in Dharamshala. The property offers rooms that are comfortably furnished with warm tones and a homely feel. There is an open terrace from where you can comfortably take in the views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The food is homely and delicious, specially enhanced by the fresh mountain air and breathtaking scenery.
Location: Near Heena Cafe, Dharamsala
Price: Starting from INR 1500 per night
4. The Himalayan Homestay: The Himalayan Homestay is located in Naddi Village within walking distance from the popular Naddi Viewpoint. The property offers clean and airy rooms with ensuite baths. Guests can also indulge in guided trekking tours and forest hikes. If you wish to explore the nearby vicinity on a bicycle then they will also help you with bike rentals. You can also enjoy local cultural tours as well as walking tours. There is an open terrace from where you take in some city views while you enjoy your morning cuppa. Altogether this is one of the best cheap homestays in Dharamshala.
Location: Village Naddi, Post Office Dal Lake, District Kangra, Dharamshala
Price: Starting from INR 600 per person.
5. Magic Tree Inn: This is a wonderful property located near the famous Bhagsunag Temple in Dharamshala. The property features comfortable and clean rooms that are comfortably furnished and well maintained. This is one of the most welcoming places in Dharamshala. The property has its own restaurant and the food is one of the main highlights of this homestay.
Location: Near Sky Pie Guesthouse, Bhagsu nag, Mcleodganj
Price: Starting from INR 2000 per night.
6. Shova’s Nest: Shova’s Nest is one of the coziest homestays in Dharamshala with views of snow-capped mountains surrounding you from all sides. The rooms are clean and well furnished with ensuite bathrooms. The best part about this property is its location which offers a quiet and serene surroundings with no blaring noises of the city centre. It is the perfect place to unwind and relax but close enough to wonderful attractions of Dharamshala.
Location: SunSet View Point Road Naddi Dal Lake, McLeod Ganj, Dharamshala
Price: Starting from INR 2500
7. Kareri Homestay: Kareri Homestay is one of the most convenient budget homestays in Dharamshala ideal for backpackers as well as families. The homestay has 4 spacious rooms spread over two floors. Each room is well equipped and offers amenities such as bottled drinking water, laundry services and parking. Each room has an open balcony where you can enjoy views of the surrounding mountain ranges and breath in the fresh mountain air. You can order food in your room and consult with the staff on which treks you can enjoy while you are here in Dharamshala.
Location: Mcleodganj, Dharamshala
Price: Starting from INR 2000 per night
8. Kapoor Homestay: Kapoor Homestay offers 4 well appointed rooms that are comfortably furnished with all basic amenities. There is a common terrace overlooking the surrounding mountains and valley. The guests are catered to by the family that runs the property and freshly cooked breakfast is provided every day. Guests can also avail laundry services, free wifi, etc. If you wish to go on guided tours or treks, these can also be arranged from the Homestay itself.
Location: Jogibara Road Unit No. 1, Dharamsala
Price: Starting from INR 700 per night.
9. Anandam Homestay: Set in a cozy and vibrant setting, Anandam Homestay is one of the best eco-friendly and budget homestays in Dharamshala. It has 4 spacious and well appointed rooms for guests, a large common room with a TV, a good collection of books, an open balcony with great views. You can even get a good view of the famous Dharamshala Stadium from the balcony. The property offers freshly cooked homestyle food for the guests. The rooms are rustic and comfortable with running hot water. Wifi is also available within the property.
Location: Heeru Village, McLeod Ganj, Dharamshala
Price: starting from INR 2000 per night.
10. Daya Homestay: Daya Homestay is listed amongst the best homestays in Dharamshala featuring 12 rooms that are comfortably furnished and clean. The main highlights of this property are the amazing mountain views and a sprawling garden. The freshly cooked food and mountain air enhances your stay experience. The owner of the property will also assist you in making arrangements for adventure activities such as trekking, paragliding, forest hikes, cultural tours and many others.
Location: Near Electricity Board, Narwana, Dharamshala
Price: Starting from INR 3900 per night.
11. Varada Homestay: Varada Homestay is an enchanting property set in a lush forest of pine trees offering breathtaking mountain views. The property features 12 well appointed rooms that are elegantly furnished and come with ensuite baths. The highlight of the property is the swimming pool with a fantastic view of the surrounding snow-capped mountains. The caretaker of the property will assist in making arrangements for guests in their quest for adventure activities in Dharamshala.
Location: Bypass Road, Dari, Dharamshala
Price: Starting from INR 2500
Which are the best budget homestays in Dharamshala?
1. Kapoor Homestay - This is a cozy homestay and offers 4 rooms that are well furnished and warm. The property features a common terrace with great views, freshly cooked homestyle meals, wifi and laundry services. The rooms and the property itself is well-maintained, clean and airy coupled with that perfect crisp mountain air freshness.
2. The Himalayan Homestay - This is one of the best budget homestays in Dharamshala if you want to combine amazing views with exhilarating activities. The property offers guided trekking tours and forest hikes. The homestay offers 4 spacious rooms with attached baths and an open terrace with spectacular views.
3. Anandam Homestay - This is one of the best budget-friendly properties in Dharamshala with well appointed and comfortable rooms. They have a nice and comfortable common room with a TV as well as a good collection of books. Freshly cooked meals are given to guests everyday. The property also has wifi and can also make arrangements for guided tours and any other adventure activities you wish to indulge.
4. Kareri Homestay - This is a perfect property for backpackers who are looking for a comfortable stay yet friendly on their pockets. There are 4 comfortable rooms with standard amenities and an open terrace from where you can enjoy the views. The property also offers free wifi and laundry services for the guests.
Which are the best luxury homestays in Dharamshala?
1. Navek La Homestay - Navel La Homestay is aptly listed as one of the best luxury homestays in Dharamshala. Right from its greystone country cottage style structure to its sprawling garden area filled with fruit trees, this property is undoubtedly one of the best you can find here. The rooms are modern and elegantly furnished with breathtaking views of the Dhauladhar ranges.
2. Villa Santushti - This is one of the best luxury homestays in Dharamshala offering 6 spacious and well appointed rooms. The dining area and kitchen is equipped with all modern facilities. The property has an adult as well as kids’ pool making it ideal for families as well as groups.
3. Satobari Greens Homestay - This is one of the best luxury homestays in Dharamshala for those looking for a relaxed ambience in the lap of nature. The location is great and rooms are well done with an attached kitchenette if you wish to cook your own food. The property also organizes campfires and arranges outdoor activities for the guests.
4. Varada Homestay - Well appointed rooms, ensuite baths, modern fittings and furnishings makes this a great homestay for those looking to combine personalized services with excellent accommodation. There is a swimming pool on the property that offers a great view of the snow-capped mountains that surround the property.
What kind of basic amenities do Dharamshala homestays provide?
Dharamshala homestays offer -
- Free Wifi
- Freshly cooked home style food
- Free Breakfasts
- Tour arrangements
- Hiking and guided trekking expeditions
- Swimming pool
- Open terraces or balconies
- Garden areas
- Play area for kids
What is the best time to visit Dharamshala?
Summers from March to June and winters from November to February are the best times to visit Dharamshala. Summers are ideal for adventure activities such as paragliding, trekking, forest hikes, etc. Winters are perfect for those who want to experience snowfall and the chilly weather in the lap of the Himalayas.
What is Dharamshala famous for?
Dharamshala is famous for its magnificent views of the Kangra Valley and the Dhauladhar ranges, wonderful monasteries, colorful temples, vibrant markets, excellent museums and exceptional natural wonders. Dharamshala is also famous for being the perfect backdrop for adventure sports such as paragliding, trekking, biking and rock climbing.