1. Parshuram Bhumi: Located atop a hill, Parshuram Bhumi is known in the entire region for its unspoilt beauty and splendour. You can also find a 21 feet tall statue of Lord Parshuram here, located on top of a half globe. One can get stunning views of the Tamas Teertha and the surrounding natural landscapes from Parshuram Bhumi. There is a meditation room here as well, where one can enjoy photography and meditation.
- Location: MSH4 Burondi village, Tehsil Dapuli, Taleshwarnagar, Maharashtra 415720
2. Harnai Port: Home to two of the most famous forts in the region, namely Kanakadurga and Suvarnadurga, Harnai Port is also one of the biggest fishing harbours in the country. While Kanakdurga is the land fort, Suvarnadurga is the sea fort. In addition to fishing and local fishing auctions every day, you can also find a variety of fish from the Harnai Port. The Harnai Port was built by Adil Shah and later captured by Shivaji. Today, it is the only existing remains of Adil Shah’s reign in the region.
- Location: C.D. Block, Ratnagiri District, Dapoli, Maharashtra 415720
3. Panhalekaji Caves: Located on the banks of the Kotjai river, these ancient artificial caves date back to almost 1000 years. You can find around 29 rock caves of various different sizes here, all scattered alongside the river bank. The Panhalekaji Caves are surrounded by dense verdant forests and small streams flowing through them, exuding a very otherworldly charm and transporting you to the bygone eras. The caves also have numerous Hindu and Buddhist sculptures and idols inside them.
- Location: Panhale Kazi, Dapoli, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra 415711
- Timings: 08:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
4. Unhavare Hot Springs: Amongst the very first natural and perennial hot water springs in the country, the Unhavare Hot Springs are located in the heart of Dapoli, near the river. Surrounded by mystical hills, dense forests, meadows and lush green fields, these hot springs have hot water which arises naturally from the ground and simultaneously gets cooled by the river. The water of the springs has the presence of Carbon Dioxide and Sulphur in them, which make it very therapeutic and healing, and is said to heal skin issues and other ailments.
- Location: Unhavare, Dapoli, Maharashtra 415711
5. Kadyavarcha Ganpati Temple: Dedicated to Lord Ganesha, this ancient temple is located in the Anjarle region in Dapoli. Built in 1150 A.D., it was later reconstructed in the late 1760s. The temple is built atop a cliff, and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscapes of the hamlets. In addition to a stunning architecture, the temple has pillars that are made of wood and add grandeur to the structure. The temple is one of the only Lord Ganesha temples in the country which has a right-side placement of the idol, which means that Lord Ganesha’s trunk curves towards the right, which is quite rare.
- Location: Anjarle, Dapoli, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra 415711
6. Murud Beach: This is a stunning black sand beach in Dapoli, with the turquoise waters of Arabian Sea acting as its background. Sprawled across 1.75 kilometres, the beach is one of the most famous beaches in Maharashtra and is great for enjoying water sports and other beach activities like parasailing, banana boat ride and horse riding, amongst others. It is from here that you can enjoy the magical views of the sunset, or the ancient ruins of the Janjira Fort along with the island of Padmadurg. On a clear day, you can also catch a glimpse of dolphins from this beach.
- Location: Dapoli, Maharashtra 415711
7. Kelshi Beach: This is one of the most beautiful and unspoilt beaches in the region. Expanding across 3 kilometres, this stunning beach is surrounded by dense forests of coconut, palm, mango, betel nut and cypress trees. With the azure sea and the Utambar hills acting as backdrop, and the white sands spread across the skyline, the beach is great for a memorable picnic or relaxation. The Kelshi beach is also a great place to enjoy birdwatching, as many migratory birds visit the beach and its surrounding forests during the colder months.
- Location: Dapoli, Maharashtra 415711
8. Keshavraj Temple: Located in a small hamlet called Asud in Dapoli, the Keshavraj Temple is an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The road to this old temple can be accessed by foot, and one has to walk through dense lanes full of coconut, mango, cashew and betel nut trees on either side, which adds to the thrill of the location. The temple is said to have been built by the Pandavas in one single night, and has a magnificent statue of Lord Ganesha at the entrance. You can also find a natural spring that originates from the hilltop and flows down to the front of the Keshavraj Temple, adding to its opulent beauty.
- Location: Vyaghreshwar- Garambi Road, Asud, Dapoli, Maharashtra 415713