Dandeli Water SportsBrowse through a wide range of Dandeli water sports packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book the best water sports packages in Dandeli with the best of inclusions designed to pamper you on your Dandeli vacations.
Get ready for some heart-pumping adventure and crazy experiences by trying out the best water sports in Dandeli. Dandeli is full of amazing locations where you can indulge your inner adrenaline seeker by trying out some of the best water adventures. Meandering along winding rivers and wading over beautiful lakes bordered by rocks of quartz and granite, you’ll be able to have an adventure like no other. You can surf through the rapid waves of the Kali River while enjoying the picturesque views and breathtaking sceneries. If your adventurous soul aspires for more fun and adventure, you can paddle your boat in the majestic reservoirs of Dandeli.
Coracle Ride is one of the unique water sports in Dandeli that you should definitely try to have a once-in-a-lifetime experience. While enjoying this activity, you’ll sway through the foot of the mighty falls on coracle boats that are made up of interwoven and split rods. You can also enjoy a natural Jacuzzi bath to rejuvenate and revive your tired soul. So try out these wild water sports activities to have fun, liberating, and crazy experiences that will remain etched in your memory lane forever.
People Also Ask About Water Sports in Dandeli
Which are the best water sports in Dandeli?1. River rafting: Let adrenaline flow through your veins as you enjoy river rafting on Kali River that is known for its towering waves and massive black boulders strewn everywhere. You can surf through the rapid waves while enjoying the picturesque views and breathtaking sceneries. Strap on your life jacket and helmet as you head out for this adventurous activity to ensure your safety. Even if you’re a novice, you can opt for this activity as an experienced guide will accompany you to ensure your safety and provide a great rafting experience.
Location: Kali River
Price: Rs 600 per adult
2. Canoeing: If you’re looking for the best water sports in Dandeli, you should try canoeing to take your adrenaline to the next level. Whether you are an experienced or novice kayaker paddling your boat through crystal clear waters is the best way to experience the beauty of nature. Before opting for this activity, you will have to wear safety gear and attend the training session. You will be tied to a rope, and you’ll be asked to go down or climb up a cliff where the water is falling. Ganeshgudi near Supa Dam is one of the best places to try canoeing in Dandeli.
Location: Ganeshgudi near Supa Dam
Price: Rs 1320 per person
3. Coracle Ride: If you’re looking for a unique experience in Dandeli, you must try the Coracle ride on Kali River. It is one of the best water sports in Dandeli that you can enjoy with your friends and family in groups. The coracle boats are round boats made up of interwoven and split rods and are extremely lightweight. Originally, they were used by the local fishermen to travel too far in the river, but lately, they have gained popularity as a tourist activity. These primitive, traditional boats sway through the foot of the mighty falls and give you a chance to enjoy the picturesque views.
Location: Kali River
Price: Rs 100 per person
4. Kayaking: Paddle your boat in the majestic reservoirs of Dandeli to test your inner skills and raise your adrenaline level. While enjoying these water sports in Dandeli, you’ll pass through weather-worn mountain ranges, imposing canyons, and impressive waterfalls. The kayaks are filled with air and flat bottomed, and you’ll have to wear all the safety gear before getting into the kayak for an adventurous ride in the waters. If the water is clear, you can also spot marine species like moray eels, angelfish, butterflyfish, and moray eels.
Location: Supa reservoir or Kali River
Price: Rs 250 per person
Which are the must visit tourist spots in Dandeli?
Dandeli being situated in the lap of nature, you would come across a lot of serene places to visit. We have created a list for you of the best tourist spots in Dandeli:
1. Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary (A wonderful getaway to enjoy some time in the company of lush green forests and wild animals)
2. River Kali (The river has its origins in the Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka and offers a memorable escape for the adventure lovers)
3. Kaval Caves (Believed to be as old as prehistoric times and made of volcanic origins, these caves can be found in the Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary)
4. Syntheri Rocks (These boast of spectacular natural beauty that is made up of volcanic rocks with the River Kaneri passing by its side)
5. Shiroli Peak (It is a great place to capture one of the most amazing views of the sunset of your life)
6. Anshi National Park (it is the only place in
Is river rafting in Dandeli safe?
Yes, Dandeli river rafting is extremely safe as extremely adept and trained professionals accompany you during the ride to ensure your safety. The difficulty level here is grade 3 and grade 2 rapids, and you only need to have basic paddling skills to enjoy this activity.
What can we do in Dandeli?
Dandeli offers a wide range of recreational and adventure activities to satisfy every visitor. These are:
1. River Rafting: One of the most famous water sports in Dandeli to get a perfect adrenaline rush.
2. Kayaking: A bit lighter adventure option where you enjoy kayaking on the breezy water.
3. Zipline: Enjoy ziplining in a unique spot while gliding through the picturesque river surrounded by trees.
4. Fishing: Catch your own dinner at the river with a whole lot of fun.
5. Natural Jacuzzi Bath: One more must try this activity in Dandeli in which you can rejuvenate your mind and tired muscles in the cool water of river Kali.
6. Zorbing: Get into a transparent, inflatable ball and start to roll down on a level water surface.
Is Dandeli worth a visit?
Yes, Dandeli is surely worth a visit place as tourists can cherish a great span of time here. You can visit various lovely places here like Dandelappa Temple, the Ulavi Temple, Shiva Mandir, resorts, Kali River, Caves of Kavla, Sykes Point, etc. Trekking, camping, rock climbing, jungle safari, fishing, zorbing, kayaking are a few of the numerous activities performed that you can enjoy here.
Which is the best time to visit Dandeli?Winters (October to February) are the best time to visit Dandeli as the weather remains pleasant and cool, and you can enjoy sightseeing without the fear of sunburn and sun rashes. The water is cooler, and the waves are low during this time, making river rafting, canoeing, and other water sports activities even more fun.
Which river flows in Dandeli?
Kali River flows in Dandeli that passes through the South of the town. It flows straight into the southeast of Bommanahalli Reservoir, departing at the dam. Further, the river flows in the east of suburbs of Kendal and Bommanalli on the north.
Are Dandeli water sports safe?
Yes, all Dandeli water sports are exceptionally safe and yet fun to participate in. You just have to be really cautious and obligatory with the guidelines provided to you. You will be asked to wear life jackets and helmets before participating in any water sports in the Kali River of Dandeli. The instructor will always be there with you during the activity.
How many days are enough for Dandeli?
Two days are enough for visiting Dandeli. On the first day, you can visit popular attractions like Ulavi Temple, Magod Fall, Kavala Caves, and Sathodi Falls. On the second day, you can enjoy adrenaline-fueling water sports in Dandeli like river rafting, canoeing, kayaking, and Coracle Ride.
How can I reach Dandeli from Goa?
You can easily reach Dandeli via train, taxi, or even bus from Goa. Dandeli is considered one of the most preferred choices by Goans for spending a weekend out there. The Link Express train is boarded from Vasco to reach Londa Junction. It takes approximately 3 hours to reach Londa from Vosco. Then you can take a cab or bus for onward destination.
How can I reach Dandeli from Bangalore?
You can board a train to Alnavar or Hubli from Bangalore. You can even take a KSRTC bus to travel to Dharwad or Hubli. Then further, you can take a local bus to reach the onward destination, Dandeli. You can find the direct buses as well to reach all the major spots in Dandeli.