Camping in Coorg
People Also Ask About Camping in Coorg
Which are the best campsites in Coorg?1. Evergreen County: Rich in natural scenic beauty, Evergreen County is a paradise for nature lovers and one of the best places for camping in Coorg. This unique campsite offers breathtaking views and promises a fun-filled holiday experience. You can experience varied activities here like a campfire, trekking, gun firing, and barbeque, making you feel like never before.
This amazing resort is equipped with a spa, Jacuzzi, swimming pool, fitness center, and varied types of cottages. Their hospitality makes tourists cheerful and satisfied. The delicious cuisines offered here offer a treat to our taste buds.
Location: Nangala Village, Virajpet, CoorgPrice: INR 4,206 onwards per night.
2. Jungle Mount Adventure Camp: With breathtaking mountain views, Jungle Mount provides you a perfect village retreat. The cozy cabins are well equipped with amenities so that you can enjoy a comfortable and fun vacay. The front porch promises a scenic view of the pristine flowing river and the tranquil mountain.You can gather around the fire ring with your friends at night and enjoy the barbeque sipping on your wine. The adventure camp offers a continental cuisine that will make your meals delightful. The place is located at an idle place as it is just 83 kilometers away from the Kannur International Airport.
Location: Yavakapadi village and Post, Kakkabe, CoorgPrice: INR 3,896 onwards per night3. Maday Holidays: One of the best places to experience camping in Coorg, Maday Holidays ensures nature-based camping. Located in a coffee estate, the place is no less than a heaven for coffee lovers as the place is always filled with the aroma of coffee.The place is in the western ghats thus, providing you spectacular landscapes for adventure and outdoor activities. The Asian cuisines provided daily in the camp uplifts your mood. The Kannur International Airport is just 61 kilometers from the place so you can easily travel here on your weekends.
Location: Madikeri-Mangalore Highway, CoorgPrice: INR 2,387 onwards per night.4. Votecad Nature camp: To enjoy endless adventure activities, the Votecad Nature Camp is one of the best choices to make. The place makes you feel the real essence of camping. It is a complete nature zone surrounded by lush green plantations. The place offers the exact scenario of camping so that you can cherish the thrill throughout your life.You can destress and rejuvenate amidst nature. This Coorg camping place promises many fun-filled activities and outdoor games. If you are someone that has an interest in yoga or meditation, this is the idle campsite for you.
Location: Srimangala, CoorgPrice: INR 6,000 onwards.5. Tharangani Tent Camp: Located in a coffee estate, the Tharangini Test camp provides great services and hospitality. You can organize different activities here such as campfires, night parties, and tent stays so that you have several memories to cherish for a lifetime. The wooden cottages provide you the authentic vibes and lets you experience the thrill and excitement of camping.You can visit the place with your friends and family to turn your weekends into a fun-filled session. It is equipped with the necessary amenities so you have a leisure stay.
Location: Nargane Village Gaddehalla, Suntikoppa, Coorg6. Camp Coorg Tents: Camp Coorg Tents is a superb option for tents in Coorg for travelers. The tent is close to some spectacular places worth visiting. One of the famous tourist places close to the tent is Omkareshwara temple which is just 6.2 kilometers away from it.Camp Coorg tents is a perfect place to experience camping in Coorg for budget travelers. Flexible policies, friendly management staff, and warm hospitality ensure customer satisfaction. You can spend your weekend in nature here and experience serenity.
Location: Kaggodlu village, MadikeriPrice: INR 940 onwards per night7. Camp Hills Resort: Nestled on the base of Western Ghats, the Camp Hills Resort is a beautiful campsite carved out of nature for travel enthusiasts as the place is surrounded by milky clouds and tender mist. You can witness the mighty mountains and breathtaking scenery of lush green coffee estates here.This nature resort offers all the necessary services. Equipped with all the amenities, the resort is satisfactory in every aspect.
Location: Napanda Estate, Kargundha, KodaguPrice: INR 1,500 onwards per night.8. Coorg Coffee Camp: A perfect location for nature lovers, Coorg Coffee Camp is one of the fascinating campsites. The place not only has an astounding ambiance but also has dedicated areas for couples and kids. You can enjoy various indoor and outdoor games at the location, adding more fun to the whole experience of Camping in Coorg.Rooms are equipped with the necessary amenities, providing you enough comfort, private space, and leisure time. The place promises a great relaxing and soothing stay and camping experience. The Traditional food served here brings you close to authentic Karnataka cuisine.
Location: Nalkeri Village Post, South CoorgPrice: INR 1,800 onwards per night9. Fishing Camp in Coorg: Surrounded by a pristine man-made lake, Fishing Camp in Coorg provides an amazing and overwhelming stay. This eco-friendly campsite is surrounded by coffee estates, thus it will fill your nostrils with the enchanting aroma of coffee.Staying in tents here provides you some spectacular views that will fill your heart with joy. You can indulge in various activities such as kayaking, trekking, and swimming when you visit this Coorg camping place.
Location: Ammathi, KarnatakaPrice: INR 2,400 onwards per adult.10. Jollyboys Coorg Camping: Established especially for tent camping and trekking, Jollyboys Coorg Camping provides a complete thrill campsite for all adventure activities. You can choose a suitable tent from the varied accommodation options offered by them including Large Swiss tents and Bell tents.You can gather around the bonfire with your friends and make beautiful memories so that you smile every time remembering them. The key camping activities of the place include Trekking in nature trails and waterfalls, etc.
Location: Galibeedu, Madikeri, CoorgPrice: INR 1,400 onwards per night
11. Coleman Camping Adventure: Coleman Camping Adventure is one of the best sites for camping in Coorg. With your travel buddies, you can enjoy this picturesque campsite and have endless fun. The place offers scenic views of lush green coffee plants and cascading waterfalls. After all the thrilling activities, you can return to the camps and enjoy a relaxing time near bonfires and barbecues.The refreshing aroma of coffee activates the spirit. The place is near many tourist places such as Madikeri fort and Mandalpatti Peak. With varied tent options, one can stay comfortably and relax in nature’s lap.
Location: Srimangala, CoorgPrice: INR 1,800 onwards per adult12. Alpine Campsites: Alpine Campsites is an idle location for spending weekends in the countryside. This Coorg camping place is just 60.8 kilometers away from the Kannur International Airport. The campsite organizes an entertainment show in the evenings for the guests.You can enjoy the whole thrilling experience even with your pet here without any worries, all you need is an advance agreement with the management administration. The place provides all the basic facilities to the guests so that you can relax and enjoy nature and activities.
Location: Madikeri, Coorg
What is the best time to visit Coorg for Camping?
The best time to visit Coorg for camping is between October and May as the winter season serves sites of flourishing greenery and the crisp air transports the travelers to paradise. The summers and monsoons also have mesmerizing beauty to offer but winter is the time when the beauty of Coorg is at its peak.
Suggested read: 50 Best Coorg Honeymoon Packages
Can we do camping in Coorg during the monsoon also?
Monsoon season in Coorg is really refreshing due to the heavy rainfall, but it can make calm rivers ferocious and the terrain unpredictable. Coorg during this season is definitely not for the faint-hearted, but if you can motivate yourself and embrace the fear, you will get to indulge in unique adventures that very few people have experienced.
When you wake up early in the morning, the only thing separating you from the rain and mist is the fabric of the tent. Camping in Coorg during the monsoon also allows you to be surrounded by intensified aroma of the coffee and pepper plantations. Just don’t forget to pack your raincoat and shoes with an extra grip.
Why is Coorg so famous for camping?
Coorg camping leaves such deep impressions that not bringing a camera may be regretful. Everyone from adventure seekers to the people who would prefer peace from city life have a great time here. Perhaps the versatile natural beauty of the town attracts throngs of tourists every year that further encourages them for a revisit.
You can enjoy sports activities like volleyball or go for some river rafting for the adrenaline rush. Winter camping can be even more rewarding with over 40 species of migratory birds taking temporary residence in the hill station.
What activities will we do during camping in Coorg?
When camping in Coorg, these are some of the activities that you will do:
1. Enjoy Popular Games: When camping near Virajpet in Coorg, you can set up your tents and enjoy popular games like Volleyball, badminton as well as cricket with other campers.
2. Visit the Kabbe Hills: On your camping trip, you can also visit the scenic Kabbe Hills, and take a hike to the top, from where you can see the dense forests of Kerala on one side and the coffee plantations of Coorg on the other.
3. Stargazing at night: Since you will be camping on the hillside, you will be fortunate enough to see a clear sky, with millions of stars twinkling in the night. You and the other campers can enjoy stargazing in serenity.
4. Enjoy a Bonfire: Having a bonfire is probably one of the best experiences of camping, where people get to huddle around a pit fire and share stories in the dark and bond with each other.
5. Visit the beautiful Harangi Backwaters: If you are camping near the riverside, you must definitely pay a visit to the stunning Harangi Backwaters. You can not only see the Thala Kaveri at its absolute best but also sit and relax amidst the verdant greenery and soothing natural surroundings.
6. Take a walk in the many coffee plantations: Coorg is known for its coffee plantations, which exude a certain charm to anyone who visits. On your camping trip in coorg, you can take a walk in one of the many coffee plantations spread across the region, and rejuvenate yourself with the bittersweet aroma of coffee.
Must read: 10 Best Luxury Resorts in Coorg