Popular Chennai Packages
Chennai Tour Packages
|Chennai to Yelagiri Tour Package||3 Days / 2 Nights||₹ 8200.0|
|Cordelia Cruise | Chennai-Colombo-Galle-Trincomalee-Chennai||6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 50000.0|
|Cordelia Cruise | Chennai-Colombo||3 Days / 2 Nights||₹ 25794.0|
|Cordelia Cruise | Chennai - Visakhapatnam - Puducherry - Chennai||6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 56054.0|
|Cordelia Cruise | Chennai Colombo Male Goa Mumbai||8 Days / 7 Nights||₹ 80203.0|
People Also Ask About Chennai Tours
What are the best places to visit on a Chennai tour?
1. Covelong Beach: Famous for its sparkling silver sand, this beach is home to numerous palm trees and a plethora of entertainment options. Also Known as Kovalam Beach, this place offers numerous activities like diving and snorkelling, making it a must-visit in your Chennai tour.
Location: Covelong, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
2. Arignar Anna Zoological Park: A place all-natural and home to around 500 rare species of animals, this zoological park is a must-include location in your Chennai tour packages. The area also houses a wide variety of flora and fauna and the beauty can be enjoyed by opting for a safari.
Location: Grand Southern Trunk Rd, Vandalur, Tamil Nadu.
3. Marina Beach: One of the largest beaches of India, Marina Beach is enclosed by beautiful palm trees and provides its visitors with a sight to behold. Here, you will find many small vendors selling local snacks like murukku which can be enjoyed with the beautiful sceneries of the pristine shore.
Location: Marina Beach, Chennai.
4. Birla Planetarium: Taking you close to the moon, the stars, and the huge solar system, Birla Planetarium is home to numerous devices and technologies through which you can marvel into the beautiful outer space. In addition to this, many cosmic tours and virtual tours are also organized here, making it a favorite spot of the kids.
Location: Gandhi Mandapam Road, Duraisamy Nagar, Kotturpuram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
5. Breezy Beach: Staying true to its name, the beach lets you taste the breeze coming from the gushing waves around the shore. Loaded with palm and coconut trees, the beach offers a peaceful aura and can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
Location: Valmiki Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
5. Kapaleeshwar Temple: Exhibiting the beauty of ancient architecture and providing you with a chance to marvel at the beautiful and vibrant statues, this temple is of great religious importance. One can easily visit here and get beautiful pictures clicked in front of some fascinating backdrops.
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
6. Thousand Lights Mosque: Thousand lights mosque is one of the largest mosques in Anna Salai, Chennai in India and is a prominent landmark in the city. With the Chennai tour visitors can take a glimpse at the mosque's beautiful interiors, with intricate carvings, patterns, and calligraphy adorning the walls and pillars. The mosque also has a unique blend of Islamic and architectural styles, with a central dome and four minarets.
Location: Royapettah, Peters Road, Peters Colony, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600086
7. Fort St. George: Fort St. George is a fortress in the coastal city of Chennai, India. Fort St. George houses several important government offices and institutions, including a museum, which displays a collection of artifacts and exhibits related to the history of the fort and the British presence in India. With the Chennai holiday package, visitors can explore the fort's impressive ramparts, bastions, and gates, and see some of the original structures that date back to the 17th century, such as St. Mary's Church and the British Flagstaff.
Location: Rajaji Salai, Near Legislature and Secretariat, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600009
What are the best things to do in Chennai?
1. Visit the Ubbalamadugu Falls: The beautiful scenery of the water streams hitting the rocks and creating a beautiful blue lagoon will undoubtedly mesmerize the water babies. Here at Ubbalamadugu Falls, you will get to marvel at a gracious waterfall located within the forest while enjoying the best of your Chennai tour.
2. Enjoy fun rides at MGM Dizzee World: Loaded with a plethora of fun rides and hosting numerous entertainment shows, this place is the best spot to enjoy with your friends and family. In addition to all the fun, here you will also find food stalls and shopping areas from where you can shop for souvenirs.
3. Indulge in some water sports in Muttukadu: Surrounded by lush greenery and beautiful mountains, the town of Muttukadu is famous for its pristine backwaters. From kayaking to boating and from canoeing to surfing, here you can indulge in numerous adventurous activities. Here, many seasonal activities are organized like wind surfing in which people from all over the world come together and enjoy some thrilling days.
4. Experience the holy aura of Puri Jagannath Temple: Chennai is home to numerous temples which exhibit their beauty through scenic architectural marvels. The Puri Jagannath Temple is one such beauty that is visited by devotees from all over the world. Famous for its Rath Yatra, this temple is known for its yearly ritual of taking the idol out of the temple and organizing its holy parade.
5. Treat your taste buds with local food: When it comes to regional food, Chennai will provide you with so many delicious options that you will spend the whole vacation binging on these delicacies. Be it the idli sambar or the chilli parotta, every local joint here is an expert in making these tasteful dishes. Including this experience in your Chennai tour packages is undoubtedly the best decision.
6. Visit Mahabalipuram: Your Chennai trip is incomplete without a visit to the small coastal town known as Mahabalipuram located about an hour's drive from Chennai. The town is known for its ancient temples and rock-cut caves. One of the top attractions in Mahabalipuram is the Shore Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage site that is known for its beautiful architecture and intricate carvings. Apart from the historical attractions, Mahabalipuram also boasts of having beautiful beaches that are popular spots for swimming and relaxing and have several restaurants and cafes that serve local and international cuisine.
What are the famous adventure activities to do on the Chennai tour?
1. Scuba diving in Covelong Beach: Experience the silence of the deep sea and get a chance to marvel at the colourful marines while dippin in the shores of Covelong Beach. This is the famous spot for diving and many people visit here to enjoy the required thrill in their Chennai tour packages.
2. Safari in Arignar Anna Zoological Park: Any of the Chennai packages will always include a safari in this beautiful zoological park as it is home to around 500 species of rare birds and animals and many of them are endangered. From elephant safaris to tiger safari, here you can enjoy a fun-filled day out with your loved ones.
3. Parasailing: The beautiful Cavelong beach is home to a plethora of adventurous activities which offers you a serious rush of adrenaline. Sail high in the sky while being tied to a parachute which is attached to a speed boat and enjoy the beautiful panoramas of the sea.
4. Camping: From camping along a waterfall or around a gushing river, Chennai is home to so many beautiful locations which provide you with the best spot to enjoy a session of camping. The Tada falls, the Pulicat lake, Peermade Falls and Nagalapuram are some of the famous destinations where people go for camping.
Which are the best romantic places to visit on a Chennai tour?
1. Marina Beach: Watching the beautiful sun setting across the horizon while sitting hand in hand with your beloved can be best done at Marina Beach. The beach is also famous for its numerous water based activities which has attracted a lot of adventure seekers.
2. Muttukadu: The town of Muttukadu is home to the most beautiful and serene sceneries of Chennai. In addition to the charms of nature, here you can also indulge in numerous adventurous activities with your soulmate.
3. Amethyst Cafe: Providing you with a chance to taste the local delicacies while enjoying a romantic dinner, this open cafe lets you enjoy a blissful dining experience in the middle of nature, thus adding extra fun to tour Chennai packages.
4. Besant Nagar Beach: Keep the romance alive and traverse along the beautiful shore while hand in hand as you visit the Besant Nagar Beach. In addition to this, the beach side shacks here provide you with an option to plan a dinner date along the shore.
What are the best beaches in Chennai?
1. Covelong Beach: Famous for its sparkling silver sand, this beach is home to many beautiful palm trees which provide beautiful backdrops. The beach also provides the visitors with numerous adrenaline rushing activities like surfing, boating and jet skiing.
2. Marina Beach: The largest beach of India and the second largest beach of the world, Marina Beach is undoubtedly the must-include place in your Chennai trip packages. From adrenaline rushing activities to local food joints, everything can be found here.
3. Thiruvanmiyur Beach: The Thiruvanmiyur beach is famous for exhibiting the most beautiful sunrise and sunset. Everyday numerous people visit here and walk along the shores while marvelling at the beautiful scenery.
4. Elliot’s Beach: One of the cleanest beaches of India, Elliot’s Beach exhibits the beautiful scenery of pristine blue waves of water. In addition to the serenity, here one can enjoy many adventurous activities like diving and snorkeling.
What are the best places to visit in Chennai with family?
1. Swami Vivekananda’s House: Chennai holiday packages always include a trip to this historical place. This was the place where Swami Vivekananda stayed for some days and here you can find the meditation room, park and a gallery full of his things.
2. Arignar Anna Zoological Park: A family trip is never complete without a fun-filled visit to a park where you can marvel at the animals resting in their natural habitat. This zoological park is home to around 500 species of animals and birds, some of which are endangered.
3. Marina Beach: Famous for being the largest beach of India, Marina Beach is home to an array of adrenaline rushing activities which will add the much required thrill to your family trip. In addition to the activities, the shacks around here are famous for selling local delicacies like idlis and vadas.
4. Birla Planetarium: Home to numerous gadgets and astronomical instruments, this place is the one where you kids can learn a lot about the outer state. In addition to the gadgets, the place also hosts numerous shows and documentaries.
Which are the best places to stay in Chennai?
1. Anora Beach Resort: This magnificent property is home to all the luxurious amenities one can search for like the swimming pool and an in house restaurant. The resort is close to many famous tourist attractions, thus making it the perfect destination to choose in your Chennai packages.
Location: 150, Egmore High Road, Egmore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
2. Green Meadows Resort: Just a 5 minute walk away from the Elliot’s Beach, the Green Meadows Resort offers a sprawling swimming pool and a chic bar. In addition to the amenities, here you will also find a comfy bedroom from where you can easily marvel at the surrounding beautiful sceneries.
Location: 4, 364 A, Anna Salai Rd, Palavakkam Kuppam, Palavakkam, Chennai.
3. Hudson Resort: The elegantly furnished rooms and the beautiful surroundings of this resort aim to provide the guests with a comfortable and serene environment. From a multi cuisine restaurant to outdoor games like cricket and volleyball, all luxurious facilities can be enjoyed here.
Location: Hudson hotels, Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu.
How can I plan 3 days in Chennai?
First day: You can cover the famous beaches like Covelong beach and Marina beach.
Second day: You can spent by covering the famous temples like Shri Ram Anandeshwar Temple and Kapaleeshwar Temple.
Third day: You can indulge in food tours and can visit the local markets to shop for souvenirs to take back home.
What is the best time to visit Chennai?
The months between November to February are considered to be the best time to visit Chennai. Around this time, rainfall is less and the surroundings are more pleasant, thus making it easy for tourists to traverse beautiful locations included in their Chennai holiday packages. The temperature stays somewhere between 20 to 25 degrees which provides relief from the hot weather of the city.
Santhome Church is a standing testament to the belief of the Christian followers and is among the three wonders of this world that house the tombs of Christ’s original disciple. The other two are Santiago de Compostela in Spain and St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City. It was constructed in the memory of Saint Thomas who was an Apostle of Jesus Christ. Santhome Church is the greatest symbol of multi-culture and religious harmony as people from all religions visit this Church to seek solace and eternal peace.This church was built initially as a mausoleum, but it has now transversed into a Basilica owing to it’s gaining popularity and importance. Beneath the towering white embodiment of this basilica lies the body of Saint Thomas who came to India in 52 AD to preach about Christianity. He was successful in converting a large population of the locals residing in Tamil Nadu and Kerala with his wisdom and powerful preaching. He thereafter formed a community that is now known as Syrian Christians. This church also houses a museum that displays souvenirs of Saint Thomas and gives visitors an insight into the glorious past of this church during the historical times.
Known popularly as a beautiful and alluring spot for picnickers in Vandalur, Arignar Anna Zoological Park happens to be one of the best places for exploring fauna and flora of this region. Calling on to adults and children for weekend getaways, Arignar Zoo gets a heavy influx of visitors each year. Located at an approximate distance of around 32 km from Chennai and spread across an average area of about 1260 acres, it is known as South East Asia’s largest zoo. Sheltering more than 138 species of creatures, Arignar Anna Zoological Park is a paradise for every nature and animal lover. This park houses umpteen varieties of animals, including mammals, amphibians, reptiles, birds, fishes, and butterflies. In addition, the place also has a small Jurassic Park that adds to overall excitement offered by the destination. Other special aspects of this park include a children’s park, a learning centre, and Elephant joy rides. Arignar Anna Zoological Park is frequently visited by photo fanatics, wildlife lovers, nature lovers, peace seekers, and experience seekers. The park provides its visitors the opportunities to go on safaris and watch the various animals closely. The park also houses a small library where children as well as adults can get to read and learn more regarding the habitat and living styles of the different animals living in this place. In addition to all these exciting experiences, visitors can also indulge in nature and wildlife photography during their visit to Arignar Anna Zoological Park.
Located on the East Coast Road in the Sholinganallur locality of South-Chennai, ISKCON Temple is the spiritual and cultural hub of the city. This temple in Chennai is not only the biggest Radha Krishna temple in Tamilnadu but one of the biggest ISKCON temples in India. With the history of the ISKCON temple in Chennai dating back to the late 1970s, the construction of the temple began in the late 1990s and was completed in 2012 in many phases. The temple houses the deity of Lord Krishna, alongside Radharani and their friends Lalita, Lord Chaitanya, Lord Jagannath, Baladeva, and Subhadra inside three teak-wood alters which are one of a kind. These deities are sourced from Rajasthan and Orissa. Under the guidance of Sri Bhanu Swami, the beautiful architecture is inspired by the Kalinga and Pallava kingdoms’ architecture. At the entrance of the temple, one would see the wonderful design of various Hindu universes on the marble flooring. The various universes are circled a central pillar called Mount Meru. The design is implicated from the ancient Vedic Puranas where Mount Meru is described as the centre of all the universes. The temple is a blend of various cultures with modern scientific technology. To attract more and more people in the ISKCON movement, the authorities of the temples organize lectures and audio-visual programs about the Hindu philosophy. Spread over an area of 1.5 acres, the ISKCON temple or the Hare Rama Hare Krishna temple is built on five floors.