What to Do in Brisbane?Skydiving, Visit Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Half-Day Brewery Tour, Visit South Bank, Explore Brisbane Botanic Gardens, River Cruising, Visit Queensland Art Gallery, Shop at Queen Street Mall, Kayaking, Climb The Story Bridge and many more.
Discover one of the most populous cities of Australia, by partaking in some of the exciting things to do in Brisbane for all age groups. This capital city of Queensland, located in south east frontiers by the Brisbane River, offers you many natural wonders, greenery, stunning wildlife and zoo experiences. You can witness the majestic beauty of Brisbane that blends old and modern day architecture along with the far stretched plains and landscapes. This subtropical city is an urban sprawl with beautiful outdoor spaces as well, like the mighty falls, beaches, islands.
Things to Do in Brisbane
People Also Ask About Brisbane Things To Do
What are the things to do in Brisbane?
1. Skydiving: Owing to the city’s ideal weather conditions, Skydiving is one of the exciting things to do in Brisbane. Gear up to jump from a height of 14000 feet and experience 70 seconds of free fall prior to the opening of your parachute. Get a bird’s eye view of the unobstructed ocean from the sky and enjoy the spectacular views. One must opt for the Skydiving Package with (Videos+ Photos) to capture the thrilling moments and keep them for lifetime.
Location: 39 Redcliffe Parade, Redcliffe QLD 4020, Australia
Price: Rs 11,199/ Adult
Timings: 8 AM- 7:30 PM
2. Visit To Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary: Home to cute Koalas, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is the oldest and the largest Koala Sanctuary in the world. Visiting this place is one of the best things in Brisbane. Every visitor is permitted to pick up the Koalas in the lap and cuddle them. Other wildlife which are found at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary are Tasmanian Devils, Kangaroos, Echidnas, Wombats and a Platypus. Visitors are also allowed to feed the Kangaroos which roam around freely.
Location: 708 Jesmond Rd, Fig Tree Pocket QLD 4069, Australia
Price: Adult - $42.00
Child - $25.00
Children ( Below 3 Years): Free
Senior - $25.00
Timings: 9 AM- 5 PM
3. Indulge In A River Cruise: Indulging in a river cruise is one of the fantastic things to do in Brisbane. Explore Brisbane in a unique way and get to see the top sights like South Bank Parklands, Story Bridge, Kangaroo Point Cliffs and New Farm Park in a span of 3.5 hours. Morning Tea and Lunch will be served onboard. English Tour Guides will also be present during the Cruise Ride for providing an interesting narration.
Location: Brisbane Wheel (400 metres Upstream)
Price: $ 55.34/ Person
Timings: Departure (10:30 AM)
4. Go For a Half-Day Brewery Tour: Brisbane is popular for Craft Beer and thus, going for a half-day Brewery Tour is one of the iconic things to do in Brisbane.Take sips of freshly-brewed beers at different iconic breweries and appreciate its aroma, flavour and appearance. Our top-pick would be the Mango Beer. You will also be allowed to interact with the professional brewmasters to learn about the intricate beer-making procedure. Overall, the half-day Brewery Tour lasts for 3-4 hours.
Location: Depending upon the Brewery Tour Package, location is subjected to change.
Price: $ 118.28 Onwards
Timings: 11:00 AM-3:00 PM
5. Visiting the Queensland Art Gallery: Undoubtedly, visiting the Queensland Art Gallery is one of the best things in Brisbane. Currently, the Art Museum is operated and maintained by the Government of Queensland. It was inaugurated in 1895 and is a prominent landmark in the city. The Art Museum is dedicated to Indigenous Australian Art which is 1000 years old. One of the major collections of Queensland Art Gallery is the La Belle Hollandaise (1905) by Pablo Picasso.
Location: Stanley Pl, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
Price: Free Entrance
Timings: 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM
6. Spend Time at South Bank: Spending some leisurely time at the South Bank is one of the relaxing things to do in Brisbane. It is a major hub for social, cultural, educational and recreational activities. Little Stanley Street and Grey Street are lined with vibrant restaurants and cafes. Our top-picks would be Bamboo Basket (Chinese), Barbossa( Caribbean)and El Camino Cantina (Tex-Mex) . Besides, high-spirited events keep taking place at South Bank throughout the year. Another unmissable activity at South Bank is swimming in the pools.
Location: South Bank, Brisbane, Queensland 4101 Australia
Timings: 9:30 AM to 5 PM
7. Shop at Queen Street Mall: In the heart of Brisbane, Queen Street Mall is a bustling shopping promenade. It consists of 5 shopping centres, namely, Wintergarden ,The Myer Centre, Broadway on the Mall ,Queens Plaza and Brisbane Arcade. If you have a penchant for luxury brands, Queens Plaza is the place. It houses high-end labels like Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co. , Dior, Fendi and Chanel. On the other hand, local Brands are mainly available at Wintergarden.
Location: Queen St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Timings: Open 24 Hours
8. Day Excursion to Brisbane Botanic Gardens: A major attraction in the city, Day Excursion to Brisbane Botanic Gardens is one of the educational things to do in Brisbane. It is home to a variety of shrubs and plants from all around the world. The Botanic Garden is segmented into different parts where each department is dedicated to species displaying vast diversity. Among all, Japanese Garden is a must-visit section. At Brisbane Botanic Gardens, visitors can also learn about Kitchen Gardening.
Location: Mt. Coot-tha Rd Toowong, Brisbane, Queensland 4066 Australia
Price: Free Entrance
Timings: Monday- Saturday: 11 AM- 1 PM
Click Here to Book Now: Madame Tussauds Sydney Tickets
What are the things to do in Brisbane for couples?
1. Kayaking: Go for Kayaking at twilight with your partner on the Brisbane River and feel the exhilaration. As the sun sets in the backdrop, glide through the water and enjoy the mesmerizing view.
2. Visit Moreton Island: Dotted with pristine beaches and turquoise water, visiting Moreton Island is one of the romantic things to do in Brisbane with your beau. To reach here, all you have to do is to take a 75 minutes Ferry Ride. Activities like Snorkelling, Dolphin Feeding and Whale-Watching are also available here.
3. Climb Up The Story Bridge: Being an iconic structure, climbing the Story Bridge with your partner, hand in hand is one of the best things in Brisbane. Hike up to the summit and marvel at Brisbane's marvellous skyline.
4. Have Lunch at South Bank: Have lunch at Barbossa Bar, one of the popular restaurants at South Bank and taste the lip-smacking Caribbean dishes. Jerk Chicken Wings and Flourless Chocolate Cake are must-haves from the menu.
Also Book: Sea Life Sydney Aquarium
What are the free things to do in Brisbane?
1. Visiting the Queensland Art Gallery: Exploring the 1000 years old Indigenous Australian Art at Queensland Art Gallery is one of the free things to do in Brisbane. La Belle Hollandaise (1905) by Pablo Picasso is the main highlight among all exhibits.
2. Day Excursion to Brisbane Botanic Gardens: Plan a Day Excursion to Brisbane Botanic Gardens and get to learn about the diverse variety of shrubs and plants from all around the world.
3. Spend Time At South Bank: Spend a leisurely time at South Bank and hop down the streets brimming with eateries, cultural events and bustling shops.
4. Visit Mt. Coot-tha Lookout: Visit Mt. Coot-tha Lookout and get a panoramic glimpse of Brisbane's urban landscape. Owing to its unmatchable aura and heritage, the locale has also been categorized under the Queensland Heritage Register.
Also Checkout: Winter In Australia
What are the best things to do in Brisbane at Night?
1. Kayaking: Add an oomph to your evening in Brisbane and indulge in Kayaking on the Brisbane River. Enjoy your 90-minute journey under the night sky and create memories for lifetime.
2. Hit a Jazz Bar: Hit the Brisbane Jazz Club, located at Kangaroo Point and revel in a relaxed vibe with ear-worming music. Besides, it also offers a picturesque view of Brisbane.
3. Watch Movies Under The Star-lit Sky: Watch movies under Brisbane's starlit sky on the bed at Brisbane's first outdoor cinema. Classic movies like Charlie's Angels, Joker, Knives Out and Dirty Dancing are played on screen.
4. Climb The Story Bridge: After sunset, hike up the Story Bridge and get a sneak peek of the illuminated city you have never seen before.
What are the things to do in Brisbane with kids?
1. Visit the Brisbane Botanic Gardens: Tag along with your kids to Brisbane Botanic Gardens and educate them about different species of shrubs and plants having varying history.
2. Visit Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary: Spending a day at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is one of the best things in Brisbane to do with kids. Little ones will love cuddling with the Koalas and feeding the Kangaroos.
3. Swim at Streets Beach: Overlooking the Brisbane River, amidst the concrete jungle, Streets Beach is Australia's only man-made beach. Let your kids make a splash in the waters and have fun.
How can I reach Brisbane?
Brisbane is conveniently connected to other parts of the world. To reach Brisbane, one has to reserve flights that land at Brisbane Airport (BNE). Airlines that ply to this city are Korean Air, Virgin Australia, China Airlines, Qantas and Air New Zealand.
What is the best time to travel to Brisbane?
The best time to travel to Brisbane is between March-May i.e. the Autumn Season. During this period, the temperature ranges between 14° -28° and is ideal to explore the outdoors.
What is Brisbane famous for?
Brisbane is famous for its peppy nightlife, Queensland Art Gallery, Koala Sanctuary and the bustling South Bank. Owing to its location, the city is also known for its salubrious climate and lures many travellers from other parts of the world.
What is famous to buy in Brisbane?
On your trip to Brisbane, one must purchase Crafter Beer, Artworks, Local Honey, Seasonal Chocolates, Ugg Boots and Australian Tea.
Is Brisbane safe at night?
Yes, Brisbane is completely safe at night. The crime rate in Brisbane is comparatively low than in other Australian cities. Nonetheless, one must avoid venturing into uncharted places without proper guidance.
What are the best activities and attractions in Australia that you can book via Thrillophilia?Here is the list of the best Australian attractions and activities that you can book from Thrillophilia: