Popular Bir - Billing Packages
Bir - Billing Tour Packages
|Freebies Inside | Bir Billing Tour Package with Camping and Trekking||4 Days / 3 Nights||₹ 9899.0|
|Bir Billing Group Tour Package from Delhi||3 Days / 2 Nights||₹ 8399.0|
|Paragliding with Cycling in Bir Billing||3 Hours||₹ 1800|
|Bir Mcleodganj Group Tour Package from Delhi||4 Days / 3 Nights||₹ 7875.0|
Bir Billing Tour PackagesIf you are looking for an amazing Bir Billing vacation, Thrillophilia Bir tour packages are the right choice for you. We offer a variety of customizable Bir Billing tour to suit every kind of traveller from Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh or Bangalore. Explore the main Bir Billing sightseeing attractions with the variety of experiential tours and activities included in our Bir Billing holiday packages. Looking to indulge? Don’t forget to check out our luxury Bir Billing holiday packages offering the best inclusions designed to pamper you on your Bir Billing holiday.
If you are looking for a quaint hill station that is imbued with calmness as well as adventure, then you must browse through some of the popular Bir Billing Tour Packages. Since Bir Billing is quite known for its paragliding adventures, most Bir Tour Packages solely focus on recreational activities, such as trekking, zorbing, hang gliding, camping, rock climbing, and of course, paragliding. You must know that Bir has a lot more to offer than just adventure sports.
The best Bir Packages come as a blend of both adventure and culture of the area. Thus, they also include popular Bir attractions, such as Deer Park Institute, Dharmalaya Institute, Chokling Monastery, Sherba Ling Monastery, Bir Road, and Tea plantations along with adrenaline-challenging activities. Also, a good tour package must include basic amenities, such as pick-up and drop, meals, at least one verified local operator, one English speaking members, and good transport vessel, for instance, Sedan, SUV, Tempo, and decent accommodation. When booking your Bir Billing tour, make sure that the package you choose is inclusive of the above necessities.
Bir Billing is a sparsely populated town in the Palampur region of Himachal Pradesh. It is blessed with natural views, enriching flora and fauna, cascading waterfalls, gushing streams, untouched forest trails, the mesmerizing peak of the majestic Dhauladhar ranges, clear blue skies, and starry nights—a few attractions no tour package will tell you about.
Bir is also known for being home to many Tibetan refugees. They have brought their culture and art to Bir and it can be seen in the large stupa and monasteries in the area. There is also a Tibetan Colony which is famous for Tibetan handicrafts and food. So, make sure that you choose from the top Bir Billing Tours, in case you are planning to visit this offbeat treasure of nature.
People Also Ask About Bir - Billing Tours
Which are the best places to visit in Bir Billing with family?
Adventure activities like paragliding have transformed Bir from a sleepy little town to a tourist destination that is worth visiting. Click here to see the list of popular attractions to visit in Bir Billing.
1. Bir Landing Site - It offers soul-stirring views of the sunset.
2. Chokling Monastery - This magnificent monastery is painted in white and is adorned with other bright colours.
3. Deer Park Institute - It is one of the most reputed centres for the study of classical Indian wisdom.
4. Chowgan Tea Gardens - Situated in lower Bir hat has many verdant tea plantations with many different types of teas grown.
5. Dharmalaya Institute - Eco-campus in that stresses on the importance of compassionate and green living.
What is the cost of paragliding in Bir Billing?
Bir Billing is a tempting destination for all paragliding enthusiasts. Book now Thrillophilia's Paragliding Tour Package Under Rs 2000/- for a fascinating paragliding experience.
Which are the best places to visit in Bir Billing?
There are various attractions in Bir Billing where it offers you scenic views and inner peace as well. Some of the best places that Bir Billing Tour Packages include are:
1. Sunset Point (Landing Site): It is a perfect spot to relax and watch the sun getting lost in the horizon. It is located at a walking distance from Tibetan Colony Market and the location is at a height of 4350 feet above the sea level which makes it more scenic. Landing Site is also a prime location for paragliding, you will also find a couple of cafés and restaurants here.
Location: Tibetan Colony Market, Bir Colony Road, Suja, Himachal Pradesh.
2. Palpung Sherabling Monastery: Located around 3 kilometres from Tibetan Colony Market, Palpung Sherabling Monastery is one of the largest monasteries in Bir. This Monastery is also called Bhattu Monastery as it is situated in the village called Bhattu. You will find Dhauladhar Ranges in the background of this Monastery which enhances the beauty of this place.
The monastery was founded way back in 1727, and you can learn about the Palpung Tradition here. Monastery accommodates over 500 monks, three shrines halls, six shrine rooms and all of the modern monastic features.
Location: Sansal - Palpung Sherabling Monastery Rd, Keori, Himachal Pradesh.
Timings: The main hall timings remain from 08:30 a.m. till 04:30 p.m.
3. Dharmalaya Institute: Dharmalaya institute institute is a charitable institution which brings a lot of innovations in terms of development. This innovative educational institution is located near (4 kilometres) Tibeten Colony and gives emphasis on sustainable living.
Institute imparts knowledge of eco-friendly job skills to the rural labourers. It has emerged as an institute where the students and volunteers from all around the globe work alongside with villagers. “Seva Ashram” inside the institute serves as a centre for practising meditation, yoga, and philosophy.
Location: Dhanaari, Keori, Himachal Pradesh.
Timings: Visiting hours are 11:00am to 12:00pm and 3:00 to 4:00pm, Monday to Saturday (closed Sundays and for holidays and special programmes).
4. Gunehar River Pool: This offbeat place is considered as a hidden gem of Bir, it is located at around 100 feet above the ground. This is a place where you can get refreshed and enjoy the view of mountains surrounding the river. This pool is located around 5 kilometres from Bir and you need to hike for around 5 hours to reach Gunehar River Pool. It is a perfect spot for a day hike and even beginners can reach here easily.
Location: Gunehar Village, Bir, Himachal Pradesh.
5. Chokling Monastery: Founded back in 1960, this monastery is known in full as Pema Ewan Chokgyur Gyurme Ling. You will find this monastery in the centre of Tibetan Colony, it is always beautifully decorated with multicoloured flags.
Monastery’s compound has three parts named as “The Entrance”, “The Complex” and “Meditation Centre”. You will find this place filled with huge stupas, temples, sculptures and Monk quarters. Evening time is preferable to visit this monastery.
Location: Bir Billing Rd, Bir Colony, Chaugan, Himachal Pradesh.
Timings: 08:00 a.m. till 06:00 p.m.
6. Bangoru Waterfall: Bir is filled with small but beautiful waterfalls, and Bangoru Waterfall is one of them. Starting from Tibetan Colony, you have to cover 4.5 kilometres to reach Bangoru Waterfall. It is a simple path to reach this waterfall where you can relax and admire the views.
Location: Bir-Billing Rd, Bangoru, Baijnath, Himachal Pradesh.
7. Deer Park Institute: It is a home for studies about the wisdom tradition of classical India. The foundation of this institute was laid back in 2006 on the campus of a former Buddhist monastic institute. The entire institute can be explored in a short time.
In the institute you can indulge yourself in meditation or you can enrol yourself for a workshop. This place is also a favourable location to watch the sunset.
Location: Bir Colony, Bir, Himachal Pradesh.
Timings: Monday to Saturday (9:00 am – 12:00 pm & 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm).
8. Baijnath Temple: This temple is purely dedicated to Lord Shiva and was constructed back in 1204 A.D. This excursion is located at a distance of 13 kilometres from the Tibetan colony. The temple holds a beautiful Shiva Lingam and there you will find beautiful inscriptions on both sides of the wall.
The inscriptions are written in a combination of Sharada Script, Takri Script and Local Pahadi, all these inscriptions contain information regarding the foundation of the Baijnath Temple.
Location: Temple Path, Dharer, Baijnath, Himachal Pradesh.
Timings: Everyday 06:00 a.m. till 09:00 p.m.
Where can one get a discount on Camping and Trekking in Bir Billing?
If you want to enjoy the unadulterated beauty of the Bir, go for camping. It is a divine experience that is beautiful way beyond words can express it. Click here to book Thrillophilia's Camping package offered with a great discount.
What are the best things to do in Bir Billing?
Bir Billing is a small village in Himachal Pradesh and Bir Billing Tour Packages offer a wide range of thrilling and unique activities that can be enjoyed. It includes:
1. Tandem Paragliding: Bir Billing is the home of Paragliding in India and Tandem Paragliding is the most popular type of Paragliding done in Bir. Tandem Paragliding includes two people, a passenger and the rider.
You just have to ride along with the instructor at an amazing height of 8200 feet where you can catch the bird-eye view of Bir Billing.The ride is about 5 to 6 minutes and you will get to see the bird’s-eye view of Bir Billing.
Location: Take-off from Billing and Touch-down at the Landing Site.
Cost: Around INR 1480 per adult.
Timing: Best time for Paragliding is from March to May and October – November.
2. Camping with Bonfire: Bir Billing is a place which is not meant for staying inside hotel rooms, instead stay at a campsite and do camping. It is an exquisite experience of staying under the stars and admiring the natural beauty. The campsites notch up the camping experience by providing a bonfire so that you can do stargazing as well.
Location: Village Keori, Bir, Himachal Pradesh.
Cost: INR 1320 per adult that will include camping, bonfire, barbeque, music and meals.
Timing: Check-in time is 12:00 a.m. and Checkout at 10:00 a.m.
3. Trekking: If you are visiting hills then how can you miss out on trekking? There are various waterfalls, hot water springs and river pools in Bir upto where you can easily trek and catch some amazing backdrops.
All these treks can be easily completed by a beginner as well, it will be 3-4 hours of trekking on easy terrains in total. Make sure you are having enough supplies of food and water along with you.
Cost: There are multiple trek options. You can avail trekking trips to waterfalls starting at just INR 600 per adult.
Timing: Usually starts in the morning after breakfast by 10:00 a.m.
4. Rock Climbing and Rappelling: This is an extremely exciting activity for an adventure lover. You get a chance to test your strength, fitness and passion towards the hills. This sport puts your body to test the inner strength as you climb over the big rocks with all necessary equipment including climbing rope, harness, and carabiners.
Location: Gharnala, Bir, Himachal Pradesh.
Cost: INR 590 per adult.
Timing: 09:00 a.m. till 06:00 p.m.
5. Explore Cafes and Restaurants: It is not often that people look towards Bir Billing as a place for food, but surprisingly this place is packed with a variety of cafes and restaurants that will surely sooth your palette.
Although Tibeten is the dominant cuisine here but you still can get your hands on Indian, Chinese and Kashmiri Cuisine . So go out there and calm your taste buds with an amazing meal in one of the restaurants here.
Location: Ara Café, The Northern Café, Himachali Dhaba are some of the good cafes here located at: Village And Post Office, Bir, Himachal Pradesh.
Cost: A meal for two will cost you around INR 500- INR 600.
6. Mountain Biking: Monastery tour on a mountain bike is widely popular in Bir Billing. It is a really exciting sport where you will get to ride your personal mountain bike in the lanes of Bir. Most of the tourists like to cover all 5 major monasteries via Mountain Bike only to save the time.
Location: Landing Site, Bir, Himachal Pradesh.
Cost: A Mountain Biking tour along with Paragliding can be availed at INR 6800 per adult only.
How can I reach Bir from McLeodGanj?
There are two major transport options that you can use to reach Bir from McLeodGanj. First, take the Himachal Tourism bus which operates from Lower Dharmshala at around 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. and will drop you at Bir Road / Upper Bir.
There is another option, you can first take a bus to Palampur, then to Baijnath and then from Baijnath to Chowgan Crossroad. From there it's just a 1 kilometre walk to Bir. Secondly, you can opt for a direct taxi which will take around 2 hours 30 minutes to cover this distance.
How many days does Bir Billing take?To explore Bir Billing with Bir Billing Tour Packages it will take you 4-5 days. There are an endless number of options to enjoy in Bir Billing which cannot be covered in a day or two. Paragliding, Monasteries, trekking, rappelling, mountain biking, etc. are some of the most favourable options to choose from.
What is the best time to visit Bir Billing?
The best time to visit Bir Billing is between the months of April and June. It is also the best time to experience outdoor activities, such as paragliding, trekking, rappelling, etc. You will come across the best Bir Tour Packages at this time.
How to reach Bir from Delhi?
To reach Bir Billing from Delhi, you have three options-
By Air - Catch a flight from Delhi to Dharamshala. Hire a tax or local bus and reach Bir Billing in two hours.
By Road – Book a Volvo (costs around INR 1500) from Kashmere Gate ISBT to reach Dharamshala in the morning. From there, you can get a local bus or a cab that will drop you at Bir Billing or you can get a direct bus to Bir from Delhi.
By Rail – Book your train ticket from NDLS to Pathankot. Take a local bus or the Toy Train to Paprola. From there, hire a taxi that will charge you around INR 300 and drop you at Bir Billing. You can also catch a local bus from the station to reach Bir Billing.
Why is Bir Billing famous?
Bir Billing is famous for paragliding. It is the best place to go for this activity in India. It is also known for Tibetan culture, a big Stupa, and the monasteries. The best Bir Billing Tours include a visit to all these places.
What sort of climate can I find in Bir Billing?
The climate in Bir Billing is usually mild. There is occasional rainfall during the summers. It experiences heavy snowfall during winter season. Most Bir Billing Tours are organized during the summer season for your pleasant stay.
Which are the best adventure activities to do in Bir Billing?
You know why birds are always happy and singing? Maybe because they can fly! Bir-Billing is such an experience, an experience of emptiness in your thoughts and the stories of the breeze, a crazy ride of the stunning views.
- Hand gliding
- Dharmalya Forest
- Trek to Ghornala
- Mountain Biking
- Nature Tours
- Rock climbing
What things should one carry for a trip to Bir Billing?
Bir Billing is located close to Dharamshala, where you can buy almost everything. However, it is recommended to carry your own water bottle, food items to munch on, some woollen clothes, a jacket, good trekking shoes, power bank, and toiletries.
Which are the best family friendly tours in Bir Billing?
Family tours can be booked online and are an easy option if you are going with a big family. Various combinations include
- Dharamshala and Manali Tour
- Dalhousie and Dharmshala Tour
- Kangra Valley Tour
Which are the best places to stay in Bir Billing?
While in Bir Billing you have a variety of options to stay where you can get a comfortable bed along with amazing views as well. Some of the best places are:
1. Camp Sites: Camping is probably one way where you can save money and enjoy nature at the same time. Comparatively it an economical option selecting camps to stay but that doesn’t mean that you will lose out on comfort, with Bir Billing Tour Packages you will get prime camping sites along with great comfort. It is located around village Bir Khas.
2. Hotels: There are an endless number of hotels you can find in Bir for a great stay. Most of the hotels offer a great view and a balcony. Booking via Bir Billing Tour Packages you can stay in the scenic Dhauladhar Ranges.You can find plenty of options at Landing Site Suja in Kangra District.
3. Flats and Homestays: Homestays are comparatively less in price to Flats. Bir is a popular area where you can find many options for Flats and Homestays. Usually Homestays provide 2 major meals of the day along with other basic amenities.
4. Hostels: This is one of the most affordable ways to stay when you are travelling on a budget. Bir do have options of youth hostels where one can book for a shared or solo accomodation at nominal prices. Also the facilities provided here are limited because of the rate.
Which are the romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Bir Billing?
Bir Billing has emerged out as an off-beat location for Honeymoon as well. There are plenty of things that can be done here:
1. Visiting Monasteries: While on your honeymoon you are in the search of a quaint place where you can admire nature's beauty and praise the almighty. Bir Billing is filled with monasteries which you can visit to take the blessings of Lord Buddha. Chokling Monastery, Sherabling Monastery, Drukpa Kagyu Monastery, etc. are some of the prime locations here.
2. Shopping at Bir Road: Happy Wife-Happy Life is a philosophy that every husband believes and nothing else can make a woman happy as shopping can. The local market at Bir Road is filled with a range of goodies and souvenirs that you can take along. The market is filled with Tibetan Cultural items like clothing, handicrafts, etc.
3. Toy Train Ride: A toy train ride is sort of romantic as it takes you down to memory lane of your childhood. It is a perfect option for Honeymooners as they want to enjoy the views with their loved one. The Toy train starts from Joginder Nagar for a 160 kilometres journey filled with amazing backdrops. It contains a total of 10 stations.
4. Leisure Walk by River: You are holding the hand of your loved one and walking on the river side with huge mountains surrounding, how more beautiful it can get. Honeymooners are always on the lookout of slow and beautiful things, a walk on the banks of Bir Riverside is a perfect way to do it.
5. Tour of Bir Tea Factory: Tea gardens and Tea factory of Bir is surely a beautiful sight to be enjoyed with your better half. It is a visual treat to visit Bir and enjoy the beauty of tea gardens. You can enjoy a similar experience at Chowgan Tea Garden.
6. Enjoy Adventure Sport: Bir Billing is the Capital of adventure sports in India and you can do multiple adventure sports here which can give your honeymoon that additional touch of adrenaline rush. You can try trekking, paragliding, hangliding and much more.
Can we stay in homestays in Bir Billing? Is it safe?
It is absolutely safe to stay in homestays in Bir Billing. In fact, it is highly recommended to book a homestay on your visit to Bir Billing to have an indigenous experience. Most Bir Packages usually include accommodations in the homestays or similar, for a comfortable stay.
Which are the best cultural experiences in Bir Billing?
Bir-Billing is an amalgamation of Indian culture with a hint of Tibetan influence in the humane life of this place. Explore more to know more:
- Visit Dharmalaya: The internationally known charitable organization, Dharmalaya, has its very renowned school in Bir that promoted education and empowerment for compassionate living with a focus of sustainable village development. The offer periodic classes and seminars on philosophy, meditation, health, ecology and organic gardening.
- Bir tea factory: A Bir co-operative, it offers eco-tours for those interested in learning about the process and nuances of tea productions. Added bonus is a great tour of gorgeous and fragrant tea plantations!
- Chokling Monastery: Located in Chowgan, this gorgeous monastery with an impressive stupa at its gate, regularly open seminars on Buddhist discourse for the public.
- Take a stroll at one of the previously privately-owned tea gardens of Chowgan.
Which are the best bike tours in Bir Billing?
Travel Bir Billing organises multiple mountain biking tours on various routes as below.
- Mountain biking Route 1.: Campsite – Sansal mukutnath temple– Bhattu road – lower bhattu – Bahttu – Palpung monastery – Bir road – Bir Billing Camping site – 23 km. (easy – moderate).
- Mountain Biking Route 2.: Campsite –Sansal mukutnath temple – Palpung monastery – Bir Paragliding landing site – Bir – Bir Billing Camping site – 17 km. (easy).
- Mountain Biking Route3.: Campsite – Punpung stupa’s and monastery – Bhattu – Baijanth road – Aijhu – Landing site – Bir Billing Camping site – 25 km. (easy – moderate).
- Mountain Biking Route 4.: Drive to Jhatingri 24 kms – Jhatingri to Barot – Kothikod village – Badagran village (overnight camping) – Raj Gundha – Channa Ghat – Billing (overnight camping)– Bir – Campsite- – 75 km. (moderate- hard)
- Mountain Biking Route 5.: Campsite – Sansal mukut nath temple – Deol village – Uttrala – Gawal tikkar – Kandwari (overnight camping) – Bandala – Kandi – Rakh – Jia – Mountain biking of 50 km. – drive for 40 km. to camp site at Bir Billing.
Can we do a tour of Bir Billing in 2 days?
Two days are quite enough for a trip to Bir Billing. You can spend your first-day trekking and paragliding. On the next day, you can visit the Stupa and the monasteries. A stroll through the Bazaar in the evening followed by relishing the local Tibetan dishes is the perfect way to end your stay in Bir Billing.
What places can you visit around Bir Billing?
Some of the best places to visit in Bir Billing are Deer Park Institute, Dharmalaya Institute, Tibetan Colony, Chokling Monastery, Bir Tea garden, Baijnath Temple, and Gunehar Waterfall. Most Bir Packages cover all these places in their itinerary.
Which are the best areas for a shopping tour in Bir Billing?
- Bir Bazaar — Several shops selling plenty of dry goods (including pulses, flours, nuts, raisins, etc.) and a small selection of fruits and vegetables, but usually not much in the way of fresh greens.
- Kotli — Jaswant Paul’s shop in Kotli (just around the bend downhill from Bir Bazaar) has a selection of dry goods, including a few seasonal organic food items (e.g. kidney beans and potatoes).
- Tibetan Colony —The focus for most of these vendors is fresh produce. Baby bok choy is often available here, thanks to the Tibetan presence.
- Bir Road — A slightly better selection, sometimes including mushrooms, is available from the shops right at the intersection of Bir Road and the NH20 highway.
- Baijnath — The produce shops in the centre of Baijnath bazaar have the best selection in the area, often including (seasonally) such items as broccoli and tropical fruits.
Bir is not only about paragliding and if believe so, you are missing too much. It’s just that you have to set your foot loose and explore the area. Star gazing and watching magnificent sunsets from hills over a cup of tea is a bliss. The food, Tibet culture and option to volunteer at multiple places will surely make this trip a memorable one.
Is there any public transportation available from Delhi to Bir?
You can book a Volvo from Kashmere Gate ISBT and Majnu ka Tila and reach Dharamshala in the morning. From there, you can hire a taxi or hop on a local bus to reach Bir Billing.
Landing Site in Bir is also known as Sunset Point as it offers soul-stirring views of the sunset. Every evening, the local mob and tourists flock to this place to enjoy the beautiful sunset. There are also a number of cafes and restaurants making the Landing Site, one of the most enthralling places to see in Bir Billing.As the name suggests, Landing Site is used by the paraglider pilots as the official site for landing and hence, one can enjoy the views of paragliders gracefully descending here.Location: Bir Colony Road, Himachal PradeshTiming: Always open
Located in the middle of the Tibetan Colony, Chokling Monastery is one of the most popular Tibetan monasteries in Bir. This magnificent monastery is painted in white and is adorned with other bright colours; making it look stunning. It has a statue of Padmasambhava and a stupa.The monastery offers unobstructed views of the surrounding mountains and as the monastery is situated just 1 km away from Bir Landing Site, one can also enjoy the beautiful sight of paragliders gliding through the skies.The lush lawns in front of the meditation center, the peaceful atmosphere, and the colorful flags fluttering in the air make this one of the most cherishable Places to visit in Bir Billing.Location: Bir Billing Rd, Bir Colony, Chaugan, Himachal Pradesh 176077Timings: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Dharmalaya Institute is an eco-campus that stresses on the importance of compassionate and green living. One can register or volunteer to work with the institute. It holds many classes, workshops, courses, internships, and many others on topics like green building, organic farming, sustainable village development, etc.Apart from classes on sustainable living, the Dharmalaya Institute also conducts yoga and meditation classes to help one integrate the work-life and spiritual longings.Location: Dhanaari, Keori, Himachal Pradesh 176125Timing: The institute is open only to registered participants. However, on prior registration, it also offers guided tours and Q&A sessions only once per week. This is usually on Saturdays at noon but subject to change.