1. See Hadrian's Library: The tour of Hadrian's Library is one of the best things to do in Athens as it is not a usual library where you can read books, but regular concerts and lecture sessions are also organized here. Earlier it functioned as a church, but now it has been transformed into a library where you can also find a small museum that houses year age-old books and manuscripts.
Location: Areos 3, 105 55, Attica, Athens.
Timings: 9 am-7 pm.
2. See The Beautiful Decorations at Little KooK: If you wish to relish the best cuisines at an Instagrammable place, then Little KooK should be your ideal choice. More than its food, people appreciate the wonderful decoration that makes it look like a glittering haven.
Whether it's Halloween or Christmas, the theme of decoration keeps on changing, and people get to see a new makeover of this café.
Location: 17 Karaiskaki Georgiou Psirri, Athens 105 54 Greece.
Price: 1497.600 for two people.
Timings: 10 am-12 pm.
3. Take a Street Art Tour: If you're an art enthusiast, then you should definitely take a street art tour in the Plaka area where you will witness dense graffiti colors over the grey walls.
This area is home to some of the best local and international local artists that play with messages, fresh ideas, and styles. You can also witness here underground pieces and classic artworks that will leave you totally awestruck.
Location: Athens 10556 Greece.
Price: 1497.600 for two people.
Timings: €40(3536) for adults & €30(2652) for kids.
4. Enjoy a Greek Coffee: This is one of the best activities in Athens that you must try if you wish to experience the coffee culture of Greece. Freddo cappuccino is one of the best coffee variants here that is not a regular coffee, but it is made with instant coffee, sugar, and water. Café Taf is one of the best places to sample the Greek coffee, and you can also enjoy here tons of other varieties of coffee.
Location: Emmanouil Benaki 7, Athens 10678 Greece.
Timings: 7 am to 9 pm.
5. Watch the Changing of the Guard: Considered to be one of the best activities in Athens, you should definitely watch the changing of the guards to know more about the rich culture and tradition of this city.
Every Sunday, this event takes place at the Parliament Building at Syntagma. The highly trained soldiers, also known as Evezone change their position in the presence of the monarch with the Royal Guards music band.
Location: Parliament House, (Megaro Voulis) 100 21 Athens, Greece.
Timings: 11 am.
6. Explore the Central Market: If you wish to stock up souvenirs for your friends and family members, then you should definitely explore the central market that is an outdoor market where you'll find vendors selling meat, fish, jewelry, and clothes. You can also buy handicrafts, footwear, and paintings over here at an affordable rate.
Location: Athinas 42, 999-20, Attica.
7. Climb to the Acropolis: Your tour to Athens can't be complete unless you see the alluring beauty of Acropolis that is an architectural masterpiece in Athens that sits on a hill.
From the top of the Acropolis, you can have an alluring view of the entire city. As you climb higher, you will witness Parthenon, which was built in ninety years and is known to be the birthplace of Western Civilization.
Location: Via Dionysiou Areopagitou str, Athens 105 58 Greece.
Timings: 8 am to 8 pm.
8. Enjoy the Vistas of Nature at The National Gardens: Appreciate the lush flora and fauna at The National Gardens that offer a scenic retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city-based life.
This beautiful garden is spread across sixteen acres of narrow gravel paths and has a small zoo, also where you can witness some of the best varieties of animals. It also has a pond where you can see peacocks and greek goats.
Location: Leoforos Amalias 1,10557, Attica.
Timings: 9 am to 7 pm.