Activities in AlibaugExplore best offers on activities to do in Alibaug at Thrillophilia. This week’s most exciting deals for you are - Beach Camping In Alibaug | Book @ ? 1199 Only! and Sea Kayaking At Mandwa Beach Flat 30% Off. Thrillophilia offers the widest range of customizable Alibaug Things to do to suit every kind of traveler with unbeatable deals and discounts.
People love coming to this beach splendor for a weekend getaway because there are many activities to-do in Alibaug to unravel your stress and for you to feel refreshed. A beautiful coastal town popped away in nature’s basket, Alibaug is also known as ‘Mini-Goa’. Located at a distance of 110 km from Mumbai, this charming little town attracts a good amount of visitors owing to the colonial appeal and numerously spread beaches across the town.
The location is blessed with sandy beaches, magnanimous forts and ancient temples taking care that your activities in Alibaug don't end too soon. Alibag beach is the most popular beach in Alibaug which offers spectacular views of the sunset. Colaba Fort is a popular citadel of great architecture and beauty where boat rides to the Fort are quite popular. A very famous beach by the name Mandwa Beach also is housed here.
The beach has a history of being a prime attraction for innumerable shoots for popular movies. If you go at the right time, you can also engage in water sports in Alibaug activities offered on popular beaches. The town promises an engaging and exploratory trip that will leave you wanting for more. We will take you through the many things to do in Alibaug to spend a great holiday with friends and family.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Alibag
People Also Ask About Alibag Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Alibaug?1. See Alibaug Fort – Surrounded by the waters of Arabian Sea, Alibaug or the Colaba Fort is touted as the most popular tourist spot of Alibaug. Colaba Fort used to be the naval station of the brave Shivaji Maharaj and is more than 300 years old.
Located only 2 km from the famous Alibag beach, the fort can be reached on foot if the tides are low or a boat ride if the tides are high. The fort has beautiful relics on display with remnants of animals and birds carved on the walls of the fort.
There are old temples in the premises of the temple along with a well with fresh water. The Colaba Fort is one of the prime attractions of this town which is also a nationally protected monument by the Archaeological Survey of India.
Location: Alibag, Maharashtra 402201.
Price: INR 5.
2. Visit Siddheshwar Temple – The Konkan coastline has some of the oldest temples and the Siddheshwar temple is no exception. Located in the picturesque hills of Khandale village 4 km from Alibaug is the Siddheshwar Temple. An ancient temple easily accessible by a vehicle is dedicated to the devotees of Lord Shiva.
It is during the month of Shrawan that the real beauty of the temple is depicted when it is adorned with lights and colour. The temple is a great location for a good trekking plan also. Visit the temple to experience bliss and harmony.
Location: Alibaug Ho, Alibaug - 402201.
3. Explore Khanderi and Underi islands – Your getaway is about to get a notch higher with your visit to the twin islands of Khanderi and Underi. Located 7 km from Alibaug amidst flowering shrubs and hard terrain, Khanderi and Underi were built by the Portuguese.
Underi is circular in shape and is smaller in size compared to its elder brother. There is also an underground secret chamber below the forts here to lock away prisoners. The famous Vetal temple located here is made of a large white heart-shaped stone and is duly worshipped by the local fishermen community.
Tomb of Daud Pir is also an added attraction here that adds to the beauty of the place. The haunting fort still has sturdy cannons that are strongly mounted on wheels as a prime attraction and photography spot.
Location: Kanderi Island.
4. Witness Magen Avot Synagogue – Alibaug was once inhabited by sizeable Jewish community hundreds of years ago. Most of the community was employed in oil pressing and selling profession and considering their numbers a synagogue was constructed for their worship.
The Synagogue is a true architectural wonder painted with pink and green embellishments. Magen Avot synagogue is now a heritage property and considered as one of the most important landmarks in Alibaug.
Location: Koliwada, Alibag, Maharashtra 402201.
5. Seek blessings at Kanakeshwar temple – Visiting temples is one of the most sought after activities in Alibaug with some of the oldest temples of the district situated here. Located at a distance of 13 km, the Shiva temple is positioned atop a 900 ft hillock.
To reach the temple you need to take a flight of about 800 steps called Deva Chappa. The temple was built in the Hoysala style architecture in the year 1764. The temple had come into existence since the time of the Pandavas and also has a freshwater body called Pushkarni for all its water needs.
The main temple here has the Maha Shiv ling coated in silver and holds extreme importance for the locals here. Seated on top of a hill, the spot also is famous for spending some quiet times after worship.
Location: Kanakeshwar Devasthan Mandir, Alibaug, Maharashtra, 402201.
6. Visit Murud Janjira Fort – Located at a distance of 53 km from Alibaug, the Murud Janjira fort – an island fort stands as one of the most visited places in Alibaug. One of the strongest water forts of India, the Janjira Fort is surrounded by the Arabian Sea on all four sides.
The fort is positioned on an expansive site with 19 bastions to its credit. Between the bastions, three canons are built with a blend of 5 metals that make it strong and robust even today. It is replete with secret passageways and turrets for the enemies to escape and for ammunition storage.
The wondrous fact about the fort is the deep well stored with cold and sweet water amidst the salty water available in the vicinity. You can reach the fort easily with the help of a jetty from Rajpuri Jetty.
Location: Murud-Janjira, Murud, Raigad District.
7. Visit Native biodiversity Garden – When you are done with beaches and forts, why not indulge in one of the most different things to do in Alibaug? The nature biodiversity garden is a beautiful conservatory of rich flora and fauna with nature trapped in it.
The garden has been positioned as a must visit place for nature lovers and posits itself as a learning centre for students and educators. The sustainable garden is all powered by solar energy and has been tastefully designed based on 17 themes including butterfly, wetland, orchids etc.
The entrance of the garden has a tastefully designed lampstand that pertains to welcoming guests with light. Diverse varieties of leaves and never before seen flowers on display here will make your day.
Location: Near Teenvira Dam, Pen, Maharashtra 402107.
8. Visit Lavish Antique clocks – Shopping is not just about clothes and accessories, it is also about exploring aged, historic antique clocks which you will find here in the Lavish Antique clocks store. Looking through the massive collections of clocks will make will you realize how passionate the owner of the store is about timekeepers.
The treasure trove of clocks from different generations and centuries should not be missed.The collection is in all sizes and shapes, and if you are looking to own one, do not think twice.
Location: Alibag - Revas Rd, Man Tarf Zirad, Maharashtra 402201.
9. Go to Pushkarna Kund – Located in the close vicinity of the Kanakeshwar temple is the desolate and recluse water tank called Pushkarna Kund. Over the years, the Kund has not shared very good vibes with the local population concerning the stories surrounding it.
It is rather a great place if you look for some inner peace and calm. The Kund is surrounded by thick jungle which is usually not advisable to venture in owing to wild animals and poisonous snakes. For those who like jungle walkways, this spot is surely an unconventional tourist destination of Alibaug.
Location: Pushkarna Kund, Maharashtra.
10. Explore Kanakeshwar Forest – The dense, majestic and lush green Kanakeshwar forest is extremely popular for its natural habitat of rich flora and fauna. For jungle lovers and wildlife photographers, this place is apt for all your expeditions.
A lot of care has to be taken here because the forest is full of poisonous snakes and wild animals like boars and panthers. The night is surely not the right time to venture here, but early mornings in this soulful jungle will surely make your day.
Location: Kanakeshwar, Alibaug, India, Alibag.
11. Explore the stunning beaches – One of the best things to do in Alibaug is to visit the beaches here and spend some moments of peace and nirvana. The major attractions of Alibaug are its serene and calm beaches that will amaze you with their charm and beauty.
Alibaug beach is by far the most popular beach amongst the tourists mainly because of its large and interesting shacks and a long coastline to take those memorable walks. If you love exploring water sports, Nagaon beach is riding high on popularity charts with a host of water sports activities offered here.
Mandwa beach too is one of the most charming and scenic looking beaches here which is accessible on the ferry from the Gateway of India. Kasim beach and Kihim beaches are other popular beaches to explore here.
What are the best adventure activities to do in Alibaug?
There are a lot of activities to do in Alibaug which are filled witrill and adventure. Consider all the things mentioned below:
1. Scuba Diving: Murud Janjira is one of the best edges of the Arabian sea for scuba diving. The beach has a colourful and healthy marine life to explore. You will also find several institutes at the beach, which are well-equipped and have experienced instructors. With that, you can enjoy this activity with ease.
Location: Murud Janjira, Alibaug
Price: 4,500 INR
2. Beach Camping: Alibag has a lot of beaches which are perfect for beach camping. You can set your camp before the sunset and witness the sun setting in the ocean. After that, you can have a bonfire session filled with songs and music.
Location: Alibag Beach and Kashid Beach in Alibaug
Price: 1,199 INR
3. Sea Kayaking: Mandwa Beach offers you excellent options for sea kayaking. Here, you can move your paddles and explore the mighty sea. However, it is crucial to follow the instructions to do it safely.
Location: Mandwa Beach, Alibaug
Price: 300 INR
4. Parasailing: Parasailing is a perfect way to witness the grace of the town while mid-way in the air. It shows you the wide-angle which can cover more landscapes than usual. You can either do this thrilling activity single or tandem.
Location: Nagoa Beach, Alibaug
Price: 1000 INR
5. Jet Skiing: Jet Skiing takes you into the sea with a lot of force and speed. It is a thrilling activity which holds power to feed that hunger of adrenaline rush in you.
Location: Nagoa Beach, Alibaug
Price: 300 INR
6. Banana Boat Ride: It is a bumpy ride in the ocean. You sit on a banana-shaped balloon which is tied to a motorboat. The motorboat speeds up into the sea and then take a sharp turn to have you fall into the sea.
Location: Mandwa Beach, Alibaug
Price: 200 INR
7. Stand up Paddle Boarding: It is another of exploring the Arabian Sea. This fun-filled activity needs you to stand on the board and then paddle where you want to go. It requires a little bit of practice, and you will find the instructors on the beach.
Location: Mandwa Beach, Alibaug
Price: 1,200 INR
What are the most romantic things to do in Alibaug?
1. Day adventure:
Day adventure involves a wide range of fun activities, most of which suit a couple. The adventure takes place along the famous Nagaon beach. The most adventurous activity here includes bumpy rides, banana rides as well as jet skiing.
Location: Day adventure takes place in the Nagaon beach located in the Aliabug coastal town.
Entry fee: The daily adventure package stands at INR.1300.
2. Monsoon Trek:
There's no better romantic activity than a trek through Monsoon. The area is relatively even and features beautiful green grass. Thanks to the height of the hill, a couple can enjoy a clear view of the famous Arabian sea. Additionally, you're free to rest atop the grass as well as to take photos.
Location: Monsoon is situated at Sagargad in the Alibaug coastal town. The hill provides a clear view of the expansive Arabian sea.
Entry fee: The price of a Monsoon trek is INR. 1299. However, prices may fall depending on the time of the year.
3. Hill View Resort:
The hill view resort offers an excellent bonding environment for couples. For instance, the resort features spacious and highly cozy accommodation facilities. What's more, the resort also offers tasty meals as well as a barbecue to the visitors. Not to mention that the hill view resort also provides a rare view of the Gate of India.
Location: Hill view resort is situated in Alibaug along the famous Mandwa beach.
Entry fee: Hill View Resort entry fee is INR. 2500. However, the price may fall to as low as Rs.1800 at the peak seasons.
4. Jet Ski Ride:
Jet skiing is a highly exhilarating experience for couples on Mandwa beach. It involves the private riding of water vessels in the somewhat stormy waters. The adventure also includes professional guide support to guarantee the riders' safety.
Location: Jet skiing ride takes place on the Mandwa beach in Alibaug. Mandwa beach occupies an expansive area that is located a few kilometers from Mumbai city.
Entry fee: Jet Skiing ride entry fee is INR 490. The price drops to Rs.300 during the peak seasons of the year.
5. Revdanda Beach Camping:
Revdanda beach camping takes place along the Revdanda beach. A couple can set up a tent and enjoy each other's company in this serene location. The beach is spotless and calm, making it ideal for camping and bonding.
Location: The campsite is situated along the Revdanda beach in Alibaug.
Entry fee: The entry for a Revdanda beach camping experience is INR. 1700. However, the authorities can reduce the price, to as low as INR.1400.
6. A Couple stay at Royal Vanilla:
Couples can enjoy high-quality time with each other at the Royal Villa. The resort offers an expansive dining area as well as undeniably tasty meals. Additionally, there are also indoor games such as badminton, carom, and table tennis.
Location: Couple stay occurs in the Royal Vanilla in Alibaug.
Entry fee: Royal Villa charges INR3469 for a couple to gain entry.
What are the some of the famous treks in and around Alibaug?
Thrillophilia offers the best trekking expeditions in and around Alibaug. Click here to explore more
1. Trek to Kaas Plateau: This trek trails on the range of Sahyadri settled on the western ghats. It is also known as the ‘Valley of Flowers’. In the monsoon months of September and October, you will find this place dotted with a numerous number of colourful flowers. It is a basalt rock which has eroded to give birth to these flowers which would be found nowhere else.
Price: 1,799 INR
2. Sunrise trek to Kalsubai, Igatpuri: This trek takes you to the highest peak of Maharashtra. Popular due to its difficulty, this trek is very challenging and fun-filled. After showing a lot of strength and patience, you will be rewarded with panoramic views of the beautiful mountains.
Price: 775 INR
3. Trek to Devkund Waterfall: It is a three-hour trek which takes you through semi-dried woods while a river is flowing parallel to you. The endpoint presets you with a mesmerising waterfall along the dam. Here, you can take a dip into the chilly water of the fall. However, it is ideal for making this trek in monsoon as the surrounding bloom at their best during the season.
Price: 1,239 INR
4. Rajmachi Fort trek with Kondane Caves: This trek takes you to the forgotten corners of Maharashtra. During the trek, you will catch sight of various other ancient forts which holds a great importance in the pages of history. However, prefer monsoon for initiating the trek as you find waterfalls at every turn and greenery at its best.
Price: 1,290 INR
5. Naneghat Trek: The trek takes to the peak which are 2,600 feet high. It is an ancient path which connects Konkan Coast with Junnar Town. The trail also comes across the ancient caves which have inscriptions signifying the rule of Satavahana dynasty and Mauryan Empire. Moreover, this trek is best if done in monsoon as you get splendid views in the season.
Location: Dadar, Maharashtra
Price: 1,300 INR
6. Lohagarh Fort Trek: This trek is said to be an excellent trek for beginners as it has most accessible routes around Alibaug. You hike up to the fort at an elevation of 3,389 feet. Once you reach the peak, you will get to see a fantastic view of four doors amidst the lush green beauty of the ghats.
Price: 900 INR
7. Ratangad and Sandhan Valley Trekking: Ratangad is a famous fort built on the Sahyadri range. It proves to be a mesmerising trek to this fort built at an elevation of 4,255 feet from the sea level. You get amazing views of the ghats with the lake Bhandardara flowing through it.
Price: 2,500 INR.
Which are water sports we should try in Alibaug?
There are several watersports one should try in Alibaug. The town is filled with mesmerizing beaches giving room to various water sports and exciting things to do in Alibaug at famous beaches like Alibaug Beach, Nagoa Beach, Mandwa Beach, Kashid Beach, Kihim Beach and more. Check the list given below:
1. Banana Boat Ride at Nagaon Beach - Starting from INR 200 Only
2. Jet Skiing at Nagaon Beach - Starting from INR 300 Only
3. Parasailing at Nagaon Beach - Starting from INR 1200 Only
4. Bumper Ride At Nagaon Beach - Starting from INR 200 Only
5. Stand Up Paddle Boarding at Mandwa Beach - Starting from INR 1200 Only.
What are the best things to do with kids in Alibaug?
1. Dolphin Watching:
Dolphin watching takes place on the Nagaon beach in Alibaug between 7:00 am to 6 pm. Kids can visit the beach to watch the dolphins play and feed in their natural habitat. What's more, kids can also enjoy boat riding on this relatively shallow beach.
Location: Dolphin watching takes place on Nagaon beach in the Alibaug coastal town.
Entry fee: Kids only need to cough up INR250 to gain entry into the beach.
2. Nature Trail at Akshi Beach:
The nature trail at the Akshi beach provides a scenic view with plenty of several shorebirds. Kids are free to visit the beach and enjoy these harmless yet beautiful migratory birds. The Akshi beach is usually very calm and enthralling. Not to mention the finger-licking meals included in the package.
Location: Waders usually inhabits the Akshi beach located in Alibaug.
Entry fee: Visitors pay an entry fee of between Rs.500 to Rs.750, depending on the time of the year.
3. Banana Ride-on Mandwa Beach:
Hundreds of kids are free to visit Mandwa beach to enjoy an unforgettable banana ride. The 2-kilometer beach features several safe water vessels for water riding. The ships are usually driven by professional guides, on the secure parts of the waterbody.
Location: Banana riding takes place on the Mandwa beach in Alibaug.
Entry fee: The entry fee into Mandwa beach is INR200.
4. Beach Stay Experience:
Alibaug provides a rare view of natural scenes for kids. Kids can frequent the place to watch the fantastic environment around, including the beaches. The site also facilitates both indoor as well as outdoor games for the kids.
Location: Beach stay experiences take place on the Mandwa beach in Alibaug.
Entry fee: The entry fee at the Mandwa beach stands at INR1600. However, the price may drop to Rs.1200 when the peak season knocks.
5. Water Sports at Revdanda Beach:
Revdanda beach offers a wide range of fun water sports for kids. For this reason, kids can pay the beach a visit for banana rides, bumper rides, and dolphin safaris. Usually, professional guides accompany the kids to guarantee their safety.
Location: Water sports take place on the Revdanda beach in Alibaug.
Entry fee: Revdanda beach demands an entry fee of just INR.1200 per kid to gain entry.
6. Alibaug Beach Camping:
Alibaug campsite is highly expansive with plenty of safety facilities. Kids can enjoy beach camping after setting up secure camps. The beauty of the place is that it's well lit, serene and scenic with several beaches closeby.
Kids are also free to take part in both light indoor as well as outdoor activities. Additionally, the group of children can equally enjoy a bonfire with music.
Location: Alibaug campsite is situated Maharashtra, a short distance from Mumbai city.
Entry fee: Kids only need to cough up Rs.1289 as an entry fee.
What are the amazing things to do at night?
1. Alibaug Beach Camping:
As hinted before, Alibaug offers a wide range of serene and scenic beaches for the visitors. Individuals, as well as groups of people, can enjoy beach camping at this destination. The location has several facilities such as furniture as well as lights all over. All a visitor needs to carry are personal items, sunglasses, and additional blankets.
You can enjoy some indoor activities as well as outdoor activities. What's more, visitors can equally enjoy a bonfire with music.
2.Kashid Beach Camping:
Kashid is the most serene and secluded beach for an unforgettable beach camping experience. You can enjoy camping with your friends as you hear the musical sounds of water as you relax by the beach. That's not all; you can enjoy conversations with friends as you sit by the campfire sides.
Additionally, visitors also take part in other fun activities such as games. Some of these games include badminton, volleyball as well as cricket.
3. Hill View Resort Stay Experience:
A visit to Alibaug is incomplete without the Hill View resort experience. The resort offers the most peaceful and natural view of Alibaug. Not to mention, that visitors can also watch movie shootings.
4. Revdanda Beach Camping:
Travelers watch the amazing soaring waves at night as they warm themselves close to bonfires. The beach is usually immaculate and serene; hence you can relax as you listen to the appealing water sounds.
What are must to do things in Alibaug with family?
1. Boat Riding:
Technically, the most fun-filled family activity at Alibaug is boat riding. The boats have a tremendous capacity of over seven people. You can enjoy riding through the calm waves, especially on Nagaon beach.
2. Water Sports:
Alibaug is a splendid hub for thrilling water sports such as jet skiing. Families can participate in dolphin safaris, banana rides, and bumper rides. The trips involve riding on relatively peaceful beaches as you enjoy the waves.
3. Nature Trailing:
Nature trailing means watching beautiful shorebirds and migratory birds. These beautiful creatures rest on the Akshi beaches. Families can take photos of these peaceful creatures without any limitations.
One of the best family adventures in Alibaug is sailing. The water adventure entails gliding through water aboard a massive ship. The boat is usually spacious enough to accommodate as many as five people at a go.
Alibaug features many famous ports, such as Korlai, Janjira, Revdanda, among others. Families can visit the place to see these incredible forts. The forts offer an excellent educational ground for history lovers.
Interestingly, visitors are allowed to take photographs. Therefore, you're free to visit all the ends of the forts with your family members.
What are the best beaches in Alibaug?
One of the best things to do in Alibaug is to walk down the beach and lounge in the sun sipping your favourite drink. Alibaug has several beaches to its credit but the most famous of all beaches here is the Alibag Beach with commendable water sports, great crowd and vibrating shacks to enjoy the entire experience. Click here to discover more
1. Kashid Beach - Famous for horseriding. scuba diving, parasailing and many more.
2. Kihim Beach - Famous for Banana Rides, Jet skiing, Parasailing, Bumper rides, Kayaking, and many more.
3. Nagaon Beach - Famous for Banana Rides. Dolphin Trips. Parasailing. Jet Skis. Fishing Trips. Light House Trips.
4. Mandwa Beach - Famous for Jet Ski, Banana boat, Kayaking, Bumper Ride, Quad Bike Ride, Wake Boarding, parasailing, Power Kite, Kite Surfing, Swimming.
5. Murud Beach - Famous for Ferry Rides, Scuba Diving, Camping, Watch Sunrise and Sunset and many more.
Which are the best sites for camping in Alibaug?
There are few sites which are best for camping and have distinct things to do in Alibaug:
1. Sandy Shores Nagoa Beach Alibaug: This campsite arranges good camps, delicious food and adventurous activities. You can expect various activities like private Jet Skiing, where you can unleash yourself on the sea. You can even indulge in ATV quad bikes and beach cycling. They also organise fishing, campfire and music for your leisure.
Location: Nagaon Bandar Road, Nagaon Beach, Alibaug, landmark- Someshwar Temple, Nagaon, Alibaug, Maharashtra 402204, India.
Price: 3,428 INR.
2. Paradise Beach Camping by Getsetcamp: Revdanda beach is the cleanest of all the beaches in Alibaug. This campsite is set on this particular beach amidst clear water and pristine sand aligned with lush green tall trees. The site also arranges various watersports, beach volleyball and frisbee in the day time. Whereas bonfire and BBQ at night.
Location: Revdanda Beach, Access Rd, Near Bhairavnath Temple, Samarth Wadi, Maharashtra 402203.
Price: 3,700 INR.
3. Santosh Konde (Beach Camping Alibag): It is a romantic theme based campsite. You will find lanterns hanging down to light up the aura. The campground arranges private candlelight dinner for couples and bonfire with a BBQ at night. It will prove to be a great time with your loved one.
Location: Samartha wadi Theronda Fata, Revdanda, Alibag, Maharashtra, Revdanda, Maharashtra 402202.
4. Beach Camping Revdanda: With well-maintained tents and bathrooms, this campsite strives to give you a memorable experience. You can indulge in beach volleyball, cricket and badminton. Or if you wish, then you can laze around the beach accompanied by a dive or two.
You can watch the sunset in the evening and later sing and dance around the campfire. Before going to your tents, you can enjoy a BBQ session and go to sleep.
Location: Samarth Wadi, Theronda (Bajarpada), Chaul, Revdanda, Alibag, Maharashtra 402203.
Price: 1,300 INR.
5. Beach Camping Alibag: The campsite has good tents with mattresses, pillow and sheets. Taking their site a little away from regular camps, they have live acoustics signing for you. Later you can watch a movie on the beach followed by BBQ making sizzling veg and non-veg food. Then you light a bonfire and stay there till you want to rest in your beds.
Location: Revdanda Beach Access Rd, Theronda Fata, Revdanda, Maharashtra 402202.
Which are some famous places for scuba diving in Alibaug and how much will it cost me?
Murud Janjira is the most famous place for scuba diving in Alibaug. This edge of the Arabian Sea is very rich in marine life, making your experience worthwhile. Moreover, you can also do other impressive watersports and things to do in Alibaug on the mesmerizing beach. However, the price of scuba diving may cost around Rs. 4500 for a single dive.
Which is the best time to visit Alibaug?
Winter: Months from October to March are best to enjoy the beaches in breezy cold temperatures, which is not too harsh. Moreover, you can entertain yourself at the Nariyal Paani Music Festival organized at the end of January.
Monsoon: Months from July to September are the rainy season. It helps Alibaug bloom to become greener and colourful. However, it would not be possible to enjoy all the things to do in Alibaug at beaches and sightseeing in these months.
Summer: Months from March to June are usually very crowded due to school holidays. However, the weather is pretty subtle and enjoyable.
What is the ideal duration for a holiday in Alibaug if I want to do various activities?
3-4 days is the ideal duration for a holiday if one wants to engage in various activities to do in Alibaug. Alibaug is loaded with great beaches, ancient forts, holy temples, distinct water sports, thrilling adventurous activities, romantic nature, cheap shopping and a lot of fun. You would need 3-4 days to cover all the best parts of Alibaug and go back home satisfied.
Is Alibaug a good holiday destination for a family?Yes. Alibaug is a very good holiday destination for a family. The list of various activities to do in Alibaug with your family as follows:
- Beach camping at alibaug beach
- Sea Kayaking at Mandwa Beach
- Camping at Kashid Beach
- Beach Cycling in Alibaug
- Monsoon Trek at Sagargad
- Parasailing at Nagoa Beach
- Banana Boat ride at Nagoa
- Bumper ride at Mandwa Beach.
What should I buy in Alibaug?
You should buy Kolhapuri slippers, handicrafts, Khandala Kande- White onions, clothes, antique clocks, accessories, jewelry, furniture, artifacts, fresh fruits, and vegetables in Alibag. You will find most of the things being sold in the local markets of Alibaug. However, you will have to put some effort to find antique clocks.
Which are the best places to eat in Alibaug?
1. Kikis Café and Deli: It is an elegant food corner with a flashing yellow and purple logo. They have a variety of thin-crust pizzas, nicely stuffed sandwiches and thick shakes and coffees. Although this menu changes according to the season so they can serve seasonal food. However, you can dine in the restaurant or takeaway your food.
Location: Mandwa Jetty, Alibaug - Mandwa Road, Alibag, Maharashtra 402028.
Price: 950 INR for two.
Famous cuisine: pizza, sandwiches, shakes, coffees and mocktails.
2. Hotel Sanman: It is a great restaurant serving excellent food made of the right quality ingredients. You can expect local Maharashtrian food, Malwani Food and fresh seafood. The food is traditionally cooked and served. Moreover, you can expect a lot of variety in the menu.
Location: Ganesh Krupa Building | Israel Lane, Alibaug, India.
Price: 800 INR for two.
Famous Cuisine: Seafood.
3. Paisley kitchen: The restaurant is elegantly designed to give its guests a fantastic feel. They serve a wide variety of foods from traditional local cuisines. You can get veg food, non-veg delicacies and seafood in the restaurant.
Location: Dhokawade, Raigarh, Maharashtra, Alibaug, Alibaug - 402207.
Price: 500 INR.
Famous Cuisine: Seafood.
4. NH-66 Garden restaurant: The restaurant is located on the highway, and it is spotless. They strive to serve your orders very quickly with an excellent service. They have a menu covering North Indian, South Indian, Chinese and Tandoori.
Location: Alibag - Pen Rd, Opp Tinvira dam, Alibag, Maharashtra 402108.
Price: 500 INR.
Famous cuisine: Butter Chicken.
5. Hashtag Bistro Café: It is tastefully designed to complement its delightful menu. It is some offbeat cafe which serves a tasty range of North Indian, Continental and Italian.
Location: Bhavani Naka, Behind Smit-Sudha Holiday Home, Bhawani Mandir Rd, Varasoli, Alibag, Maharashtra 402201.
Price: 500 INR.
Famous cuisine: Italian.
Which are best beaches in Alibaug?
Alibaug, being a town on the coast, has 14 beaches. Some of the popular ones include:
1. Alibaug Beach: Alibaug Beach is the main beach if the town. It is bustling with a chirpy crowd, and smell of fried fish being served at stalls.
2. Kihim Beach: Kihim Beach is flanked with beaches on the sides and decorated tetrapods and other rocky structures around it.
3. Mandwa Beach: Mandwa Beach is often popular due to its water sport activities that vary in categories and prices.
4. Varsoli Beach: A little after the bustling Alibaug Beach comes to the equanimity of Varsoli Beach. It is usually visited by people who are looking for quiet places to immerse themselves in serene beauty.