Agra PackagesTaking you towards one of the seven wonders and offering a sneaky peek into the historical wonders, Agra Tour Packages are for all those history buffs who are interested in the Legacies of Mughal Empire.
Providing the visitors with a perfect amalgamation of history, architecture and romance, these packages make sure that you indulge in every kind of experience in a single package. The strategic planning is done by referring to various travel options, as well as destinations.
The Agra packages provided here consist of best stays in Agra, quality meals, and a wide range of destinations. Be it your honeymoon, or a family tour, or even if you are travelling alone, the Agra tour packages have something for everyone.
If you have been contemplating booking an Agra tour, you surely should not delay it as the trip would definitely be worth it. From the magnificent Taj Mahal to the beautiful Mehtab Bagh, every prominent location will be covered in these packages while making sure that not a single second goes by without having some fun.
Apart from the notable locations and top notch facilities, these packages aim to provide you a vacation which does not fall hard on your pockets, thus many special seasonal deals and offers can also be availed. Overall, opting for these contented packages towards Agra will make sure that your entire experience remains exciting and memorable.
Popular Agra Tour Packages
|Delhi Agra Tour Package by Bus 2020 | Flat 20% off||2D/1N||₹ 4900||5.0 star|
|Delhi Agra Tour Package by Train 2020 | Flat 15% off||12H||₹ 4800||5.0 star|
|Overnight Agra Tour 2020 | Flat 20% off||2D/1N||₹ 5500||5.0 star|
|Same Day Agra Tour by Car from Delhi 2020 | Flat 20% off||14H||₹ 5100||5.0 star|
|Agra Mathura Vrindavan Tour 2020 | Flat 12% off||2D/1N||₹ 8000||5.0 star|
People Also Ask About Agra Tours
Which are the best places to visit in Agra?1. Taj Mahal: Taj Mahal is the reason that many visitors from throughout the world pick Agra tour packages. The elegant ivory white-marble mausoleum is a classic combination of the intricate Mughal as well as Persian architecture constructed by Emperor Shah Jahan. At this UNESCO World Heritage Site, you can also go for the Taj Mahal night view trip that happens on the night of the full moon, five nights of the month.
Location: Dharmapuri, Forest Colony, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Price: INR 50 for Indians, INR 1,100 for foreigners and Children below 15 years free.
Timings: 6 am to 6:30 pm, 8:30 pm to 12:30 am (Friday Closed)2. Agra Fort: Agra Fort or Red Fort of Agra is also a UNESCO world heritage site of this city that you must include in Agra tour package. It is perched by the banks of the Yamuna river, close to the Taj Mahal. The massive fort constructed of red sandstone served as a home to many Mughal rulers starting from emperor Akbar to Aurangzeb. The features of this fort are Shish Mahal, Diwan-e-aam, and Diwan-e-Khas.
Location: Agra Fort, Rakabganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Price: INR 35 for Indians & SAARC and BIMSTEC, INR 550 for foreigners, & Children below 15 years are free.
Timings: 6 am to 6 pm
3. Tomb of Akbar: Tomb of Akbar is another great example of Mughal architecture in Agra spread over 119 acres included in many Agra travel packages. Situated in Sikandra, that has the grave of emperor Akbar. Also, the emperor himself designed its surrounding Mughal gardens and lively facade that increases the beauty of the fort.
Location: Tomb of Akbar The Great Area, Sikandra, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Price: INR 20 for Indians, INR 210 for foreigners, & Children below 15 years are free.
Timings: 10 am to 6 pm
4. Tomb of Itimad Ud Daulah: Another mausoleum that seems like the Taj Mahal hence also renowned as the Baby Taj. The towers, symmetry, and long pool here are strikingly similar to that of Taj Mahal. You can relax for a while at its gorgeous gardens.
Location: Moti Bagh, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Price: INR 20 for Indians and INR 210 for foreigners
Timings: 8 am to 12 am Daily
5. Tomb of Mariam-uz-Zamani: It is a square-shaped tomb built in the middle of the Mughal garden constructed in the memory of Mariam-uz-Zamani by her son Jahangir. Add this in your Agra tour package to explore the structure that boasts ornamental octagonal towers, and nine sections built of brick, mortar, and stucco. The facades with carvings of geometrical patterns enhance its charm further.
Location: Mathura Rd, near Pathwari Mandir, Kailash Mode, Mahadev Pur, Sikandra, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Price: INR 5 for Indians and INR 100 for foreigners
Timings: 10 am to 7 pm (Sunday closed)
6. Chini Ka Rauza: It is the tomb of Afzal Khan that is also called the Chinese Tomb. Chini ka Rauza is the foremost model of the fort decorated by the glazed tile work in India. From its facade to exteriors, every corner of this tomb is an architectural phenomenon that one must add in their sightseeing Agra tour packages.
Location: Katra Wazir Khan, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Price: Entry free
Timings: 6 am to 6 pm
7. Taj Museum: If you want to have in-depth knowledge of the construction of the Taj Museum, add this spot in your Agra packages. It has three galleries spread over three floors. Visitors will find 121 antiques here such as Mughal manuscripts, inscription samples, miniature paintings, portraits of Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal, decorative wooden frames, royal arms, utensils and marble pillars.
Location: Taj Mahal, Dharmapuri, Forest Colony, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Price: INR Rs. 20 (Indians), INR 750 (foreigners)
Timings: 10 am to 5 pm (Friday closed)
8. Chhatri of Raja Jaswant Singh: It is the only monument built by a Hindu ruler in Agra in the memory and honor of Rani Hada. It is a cenotaph in an arched canopy shape that boasts Hindu and Mughal architectural styles. Visitors love to view the stone meshwork of this monument that is famously known as Agra Jali.
Location: Kailash Nagar, Rajwara, Kamla Nagar, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Price: Entry free
Timings: 6 am to 10 pm
9. Korai Village: Head to Korai Village to get a glimpse of Agra's rural life with the ideal Agra holiday packages. It is a tribal village, where you can learn about the daily life experience of its inhabitants. Also, do meet the famous village magician named Mohammad while here.
Location: Korai village, Agra
Price: About INR 4500 per person
Which are the best forts to visit on an Agra tour?
1. Agra Fort – This fort is included as one of the UNESCO heritage sites. The best part about it is that one can see the Taj Mahal from here in a full panoramic view. The fort is built by the banks of the Yamuna and is merely 3 km away from the Taj Mahal.
2. Sikandra Fort – The fort is also known as Akbar’s Mausoleum. King Akbar had already designed his tomb before he died as did many other kings of that time. The place is known for its serenity so much so that black bucks freely graze on the pastures there.
3. Fatehpur Sikri – Situated around 35 km from Agra, it was here that the Sufi Saint Salim Chisti prophesied to Akbar that he would have a son who would be a great ruler. When his son was born, he named him Salim or as he is also known as Jehangir. Fatehpur Sikri was built in honour of the saint.
4. Sheesh Mahal – Also known as the Mirror Palace, it was built by King Shah Jahan as a summer palace also used as the imperial bathing suite. The Mahal is located inside the Agra Fort, and is a great place to visit when on Agra tour.
Which are the best street food in Agra?1. Bhalla: Bhalla is prepared by mashing potatoes and mixing various Indian spices and gravy-like chickpea curry. It is a really delicate and mouth-watering street food sold at the Chat Street of Sadar Bazar area of Agra. It is served immensely hot with chutney spicing up its taste.
2. Petha: Petha is known as the most delicious and prominent sweet of Agra. Pethas are prepared by mixing pumpkin or ash gourds with the nuts increasing its taste. People often visit the Panchi Petha Store to try this specialty of Agra. There are multiple varieties of Pethas which they come in, such as Chocolate Petha, Kesar Petha, and much more, but all being flawlessly delicious.
3. Mughlai appetizers: As you decide to visit the best of Monuments by Mughals, i.e., the Taj Mahal, the Mughlai food will be worth tasting too. If you cherish non-vegetarian food, then you surely should experience the Mughlai food of Agra. Mughlai cuisine consists of various non-vegetarian dishes, among which dried nuts with flavored meat is the most appreciable one.
4. Tandoori Chicken: As the name suggests, Tandoori Chicken is made by exclusively cooking/roasting the Chicken on Tandoor. The hot and spicy chicken is served with green mint chutney. It can be devoured in the Mama Chicken Mama Franky shop in the Sadar Bazar area of Agra.
5. Paneer Tikka: If you are a vegetarian, you'd surely want to eat the most relished vegetarian dishes in Agra. So, Paneer Tikka is one such prominent vegetarian street food in the city, made by using coal to give it a smoky effect and taste. It is served with the chutney that works as a cherry on top of the cake.
Which are the best places to visit at night on an Agra tour?
1. Agra Fort – The place has a daily light and sound show at night and you can thoroughly have fun watching it all.
2. Night Markets – The city is reputed for its night markets which sell exquisite handicrafts and leather products. You also would find lovely marble items, silk clothes, and all at reasonable prices. People who love shopping for antiques must visit this place when on an Agra tour.
3. Authentic Native Food Places – One can easily find a food stall on the street that either sells delicious Chole Bhature, and many sweet shops around each corner. Missing out on the food would mean missing out on one of the most fun things to do in Agra.
4. Mehtab Baugh – This Mughal era garden is right opposite the Taj Mahal. This is also called as the viewing point of the Taj as you can see the Taj Mahal lit up in all its glory at night from this place.
What are the best places to visit in Agra with family?
1. Dolphin Water Park – The water park is one of the best water parks in Agra and children and adults will have great fun here. The rides in the place are thrilling while there is also a separate play area for the kids.
2. Taj Mahotsav – You will be amazed to see that the Mahotsav sees a vibrant display of art, craft, dances, cultures and cuisines from all over the country.
3. Moti Masjid – This mosque built by Shah Jahan earned its name from the fact that it shone like a pearl. This is one of the most brilliant works of architecture that one can witness, and this also included in most of the Agra tour packages.
4. Wildlife SOS – Regarded as a conservation site of wild animals, it is a Reserved forested area aiming to protect wildlife.
5. Soor Sarovar Bird Sanctuary – The sanctuary is a haven for birds. The place has migratory as well as local birds.
What are the most popular pilgrimage places in Agra?There are also a few famous pilgrimage places that you can add in your Agra packages. Here are the ones that you can choose from:
1. Moti Masjid: Moti Masjid is one of the most visited and holiest pilgrimage places in Agra. Its infrastructure is so fascinating that it gives peaceful vibes with every step you take inside it. It is built with clear white marbles, and as the name suggests, it seems as if made of pearls. Some of the domes here are even shaped in Hindu style, which is often recognized as a specialty because of the unique amalgamation of Hindu architecture in an Islamic site.
2. Bageshwarnath Temple: Though a very less known location of the city of Agra, still can be visited for its beauty. The temple brightens up when decorated with lights all around during the times of Shivratri. A huge number of worshippers come to pray and deliver their courtesies at this temple.
3. Guru ka Taal: Guru ka Taal is quite famous among Sikh worshippers who take a visit to Agra. The captivating Guru ka Taal is constructed where Guru Teg Bahadur, who is called the ninth Guru of the Sikhs, led his arms in front of the Mughal Emperor, Aurangzeb. Hundreds of followers pay their visit here to honor Guru Teg Bahadur.
What are the best things to do in Agra?1. Tour to Fatehpur Sikri: This city is one of the masterpieces of Indian, Persian, and Islamic architecture that you must include in your Agra vacation packages. During the sightseeing tour of this place, you get to view the incredible towers and seven gates enclosing the Fatehpur Sikri.
Also, this spot offers visitors a chance to discover Mughal era as it once served as the capital of the Mughal Empire. Learn about the Mughal’s lifestyle by strolling around the majestic palaces, halls, and mosques built by them in Fatehpur Sikri.
Location: Fatehpur Sikri, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
2. Shop at Kinari Bazaar: Kinari Bazar, located in the narrow street, is a go-to location to experience the real Agra. You will see numerous colorful little shops selling items like the most exquisite jewelry, Agra's famous marble-work artifacts, clothing, shoes, and authentic snacks. So, satisfy your shopaholic soul and buy some unique souvenirs for you and your loved ones from this market.
Location: Hing ki Mandi, Mantola, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Timings: 11 am to 9 pm
3. Attend Taj Mahotsav: It is a ten-days long festival that happens annually in Agra. This event is a cultural marvel presenting the visitors with cuisines, dance, art, and craft of artisans from various parts of India. You can buy the most exquisite works from the artisans here that are available at the most reasonable prices. Hence, one must add it in his Agra packages if visiting here in February.
Location: Shilpgram near the Eastern gate of Taj Mahal
Timings: Every year 18th to 27th Feb
4. Taj Nature Walk: To have a unique experience of Taj Mahal, go for this Taj Nature walk tour in which you get to witness this wonder from distinct angles like never before. This bewitching tour happens only at a distance of 500 m from the Taj. So, roam around the park with peacocks and hoopoes flying around and Taj Mahal in the background.
Location: Taj East Gate Rd, East Gate Of Taj, Paktola, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Price: INR 20 for Indians, INR 100 for foreigners
Timings: 6 am to 7 pm
5. Wildlife SOS: It is a personal initiative by a group of people who aim to conserve wildlife, mainly to save the dancing bears from the tribals. The wildlife lovers get a chance to learn about hazards of poaching, animal captivity, reptile hunting, and much more by choosing such Agra tour packages.
Location: Inde, NH2, Muranda, Uttar Pradesh
Timings: 8 am to 6 pm
6. Mesmerizing Sunset View from Mehtab Bagh: You can stroll at Mehtab Bagh and admire the colorful sky during the sunset with the Taj Mahal shining from far away. It is a surreal scene to enjoy with your better half at the tranquil park that is not much crowded.
Location: near Taj Mahal, Dharmapuri, Forest Colony, Nagla Devjit, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Price: INR 30 for Indians & SAARC nationals, INR: 200 for foreigners
Timing: 6 am to 9 pm
What is the best time to visit Agra?
You should take on a tour to Agra between autumn and winter as the place faces extreme climates. It is best to avoid the summer heat and the winter cold and visit at a more pleasant time.
Which are the best luxury resorts or hotels to stay in Agra?1. Oberoi Amarvillas: Oberoi AmarVillas is the top favorite luxury hotel among many elites. It is an epitome of luxury, with each room offering the guests a lovely view of the Taj Mahal. This luxury hotel is nearest to the Taj Mahal that makes it a perfect choice for newlyweds looking for Agra Honeymoon Package.
2. Radisson Blu: It is close to Agra Fort and Mehtab Bagh, thus ideal for adding in Agra Tour Packages. The 5-star hotel offers exclusive relaxation amenities like Alive Spa, an infinity pool, and a Health Club. The dining options - international meals at Palato, as well as Indian cuisines at Daawat-e-Nawab - are the highlights of this luxury hotel.
3. ITC Mughal Agra: Another great spot for those looking for a luxury hotel in Agra in Agra packages. The manicured and beautiful gardens around a vast pool is a sight to behold. You will witness luxurious standards with excellent hospitality service while staying at this high-class hotel.
4. The Grand Imperial: It is a heritage hotel that hosted various celebrities due to its luxury facilities and ambiance. You can make your staycation exotic by indulging in its spa facilities or strolling around beautiful gardens. Also, the magnificent verandahs and vintage decorations make the Grand Imperial an enchanting hotel to stay.
5. Wyndham Grand: The terraced lawns, gardens, and fountains make Wyndham Grand an eye-grabbing location. Also, it boasts a Mughal-style architecture furnished with designer upholstery, paintings, and wall carvings. This luxury hotel has the city's biggest swimming pool, along with a submerged pool bar. For a rejuvenating session, guests can choose from Ayurvedic, Thai, and Swedish massages.
How many days are enough in Agra?When searching for Agra vacation packages, go for a two to three days itinerary that is enough to have a pleasant trip. Agra is quite a famous place for the Indians as well as for the foreigners. No doubt, it comes under the top tourist destination due to one of the World's seven wonders - the Taj Mahal.
Further, the Agra's Fort, Akbar's Tomb, and Itmad-ud-Daula are the other notable places that are worth a visit whenever one is planning a tour in Agra. Thus, the whole trip will take a maximum of two days to admire each of these historic beauties conveniently without any rush.
Is Agra worth visiting?
If you are someone who likes visiting places of historical significance then Agra is definitely worth visiting. The beautiful architecture of the structures and monuments is likely to leave you mesmerized. Ranging from the Taj Mahal, to the authentic street food, one just cannot get enough of the place, once they are here. Hence, Agra is definitely worth visiting,
What can one do in Agra at night?One can do a lot of significant things in Agra at night that are as follows:
- You can have dinner at Hotel Oberoi Amar Vikash while witnessing a beautiful view of the Taj Mahal.
- The theatre showing the famous historical stories-based plays on Shahjahan and Mumtaz Mahal will be worth watching if you are interested in theatricals. You can purchase the tickets for the play from the ASI Office at Mall Road.
- You can opt for light and sound shows hosted at Agra Fort and Taj Mahal exclusively at night. The show increases the charm of these magnificent spots along with this it offers insight about the Mughal reign.
What is the best thing to buy in Agra?If you are a shopping lover, here is a list of the best things to buy in Agra:
1. Marble Miniatures: There are many captivating replicas and miniatures to catch tourists' eyes, such as vases, statues, ornamental boxes, tabletops, plates, etc. These are created in a variety of crafts.
2. Leather Items: Agra is one of the most prominent Leather Markets of India. The products such as bags, shoes, jackets, slippers, belts, etc. are made of pure and bright leather. Therefore, everyone trusts the quality of these products and shop for them during the Agra excursion.
3. Jewelry: Agra where we can get the most popular gemstones and classic jewelry. The fancy models such as sapphire rings along with the star, necklace sets, ruby diamonds are known as quite fascinating and stylish pieces.
4. Rugs and Carpets: Elegant carpets for homes, wall hangings, variegated decorative mats are bought in large quantities in Agra by the visitors. These carpets and rugs are designed with various Mughal paintings on them, showing how beautiful their architecture and historical miniatures were.
5. Silk Saris or Textiles: Agra is often known for its giant trade in Silk textiles or Saris. You would love to purchase various textiles at once for your families or friends such as Pure Silk, Tussar Silk Fabric, Banaras Sai, Silk Velvet, etc.
6. Sweets: The most cherishing and famous sweet products which are found in Agra are Panchhi Petha. These sweets come in a wide range of flavors such as Chocolate Petha and Angoori Petha. Other sweets such as Agra's Gazak are quite famous too.
How long does it take to visit Agra Fort?Around 2 to 3 hours are ideal for exploring the Agra Fort. However, it mostly depends on you how much time you want to invest out there. Sometimes, visitors would only spend one hour there if they wish to go there for the sake of the monument. But if you gain your interest in knowing about its history and its significance, you can take more than two hours as well.
There are guides available to help you know about each of its ancient and supreme features. The students often love to visit this fort as a research part of their school projects. So they can opt for a bit longer historical tour out there.
What are the best weekend getaways near Agra?There are a lot of spots near Agra to plan your weekend getaways . Those famous and best places included in Agra vacation packages are:
1. Famous Fatehpur Sikri: The fascinating Fatehpur Sikri is known for its Buland Darwaza, Jodhabai Palace, Tomb of Sheikh Salim Chisti, Khwabagh, Jama Masjid, and Diwan-I-Khas. It is just 36 km away from Agra; thus, people love to visit here as well whenever they plan a tour of the city. It is built by the Mughal emperor, Akbar, and is one of the top-most World Heritage sites.
2. Magnificent Mathura: It is famous as 'The Land of the Lord Krishna.' It is just within 100 kms from Agra, and people visit here for their cultural and worshipping beliefs. The famous captivations here in this Agra tour package include, Krishna Janma Bhoomi Mandir, Kusum Sarovar, Dwarkadhish Temple, Radha Kund, Gita Mandir, Kans Qila, and Mathura Museum.
3. Bewitching Bharatpur: It is well known as 'Wonderland for Ornithologists' around the World. Bharatpur is quite popular for the Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, which is also known as Keoladeo National Park. There are also other eye-catching places included in this Agra tour package, such as Ganga Temple, Deeg Water Palace, Keoladeo Shiva Temple, and Government Museum.
Is Agra safe for tourists?Yes, Agra is safe for tourists. The level of crimes here is moderate. The environment is rather unpleasant during the summer season that you can ignore to plan a visit. Generally, it is safe for both Indian and foreign tourists in Agra.
That's why several tourists visit this city throughout the year. There are least risks involved during the trip to Agra, and people would treat you nicely too.