The secret beach in Dubai is a naturally wild beach with an iconic location facing the reputed Palm Jumeirah. The beach is prominently located between the landmarks Burj Al Arab and Palm Jumeirah Island. Ironically, the beach draws its name from its somewhat secret location, the entrance to which is quite easy to miss.
While various travellers skip the narrow sandy pathway that runs between the royal palaces in Al Sufouh, they must plan a stop at the Secret Beach Dubai. Formally known as the Al Sufouh beach, the secret beach is also popular by the names of ‘Hidden beach’ and Black palace beach among the locals.
The ‘hidden’ location of the beach does not keep away tourists from visiting it. The beach is an ideal destination for visitors who are looking for some laid back comfort and a chance to spend quality time with family. The beautiful sandy beach boasts crystal clear and sparkling water which is the perfect spot to gain some sublime views of the area.
You can often spot people relaxing at the beach, taking in the panoramic views of the surrounding structures and the lush sunset at the beach. Also, the waters surrounding the beach are quite shallow, which is why it is a popular family attraction with children who can explore water activities conveniently. Visitors can bring their own gear, swimming equipment, food and water to spend quality time while they are here.
Suggested Read: Best Beaches in Dubai
• Suitable for adults and kids, this is a family beach with a friendly atmosphere.
• Entry to the secret beach is free of cost with large sandy parking.
• Minimalistic beach surroundings with pure sand and less entertainment facility.
• Shell-clad shoreline with a calm and serene environment.
• Perfect spot to capture pictures of the Gulf.
• Ideal for swimming and relaxing.
Bus: You can take bus number 88 and F55A for Sufouh road or the Dubai College from any location within Dubai. These two stations are the closest to the beach. Once you disembark from the bus, the beach is within walking distance of the station.
Metro: Metro line M1 is the easiest way to reach the beach. After reaching the station, you can walk the remaining way towards the beach.
Also Read: Places to visit in Dubai
Although the weather in Dubai makes it ideal to visit Al Sufouh beach at just about any time of the year, tourists can be usually seen flocking to the beach around the months of April and May. During this time, the average temperatures usually score between 25 and 28 degrees Celsius which makes it ideal for travellers who want to come here and explore different activities. At other times, the weather may be too hot or the waters can feel too chilly for visitors.
All-around year around in every month Dubai remains hustle and bustle, filled with international tourists coming from all around the world but for the particular month December, must checkout Things to do in Dubai in December
Places to Visit near Secret Beach Dubai:
1. Madinat Jumeirah: Popular as an Arabian mini-city, Madinat Jumeirah is the perfect retreat, filled with five-star hotels, buzzing beachfront spots and ornate souks. With more than 50 different types of restaurants, nightspots, and lounges across 40 hectares of sprawling land, this is the ideal tourist spot. Enjoy foodie adventures by the waterside or take a walk along the pier to experience relaxation and luxury.
2. Ski Dubai: A high-rated tourist destination, Ski Dubai is the first indoor resort that offers an array of attractions for visitors. The snowy wonderland features a dedicated snow park, snowboarding activities, snow bullet, chair lift and personal encounters with penguins. You can meet personal instructors who can help you enjoy an unforgettable experience while you are here. Click here to book Ski Dubai Tickets
3. Mall of the Emirates: This mall is not only a shopping destination for tourists but also offers the enjoyment of a ski slope, a cinema complex, pop-up concerts and more than 560 shops. Additionally, there are several dining options available to enjoy at the mall where you can enjoy the authentic culinary flavours that are native to this place.
4. Wild Wadi: Thanks to the warm temperatures in Dubai, Wild Wadi is accessible to tourists all-round the year. The family attraction offers adrenaline racing rides, slides and water experiences that will be cherished by kids and grown-ups alike. Splash! Splash! Splash water all around, enjoy with full fun and frolic by booking Wild Wadi Waterpark Tickets
5. Burj Al Arab: Popular as a global icon of authentic Arabian luxury, Burj Al Arab is a complete package that includes access to rooms and suites of varying comfort levels, wellness centres, and an adventure-filled tour of the structure that unfolds stories of the marked history of this place. Hidden desire to see the Burj Al Arab from inside, Book now Inside Burj Al Arab Tour at affordable prices.
1. The Beach Bar & Grill by Mauro Colagreco: Surrounded by swaying palm trees, the place offers fine dining options through 16 different restaurants and bar lounges. Visitors have the option to enjoy scrumptious meals at the Lobby Lounge, the rotisserie, the samovar lounge and the courtyards. The place also offers theme-based culinary delights that bring fresh and seasonal flavours to the plate for every visitor.
2. Villa Beach: Offering an intimate dining experience of freshest Italian dishes, visitors can enjoy delightful meals while exploring this beach while slurping upon the uninterrupted views of the Burj Al Arab. If you are intent upon a signature dining experience, then this is the place to be at.
3. Sardina Seafood Restaurant: A majestic place to come and enjoy some authentic flavours of seafood, Mediterranean, healthy food, Egyptian food, and Arabic delights. The restaurant offers a warm and inviting ambience with ample facilities for the visitors who can spend some quality time splurging upon a variety of dishes at the restaurant.
4. Maiden Shanghai | Chinese restaurant in Dubai: Popular as one of the best Chinese restaurants in Dubai, the authentic Chinese dishes that are cooked here include Cantonese, Shanghai, Beijing and Sichuan. In addition, the restaurant is also accessible by visitors for a variety of entertainment purposes such as a private karaoke room and birthday party venues.
Also Read: Restaurants in Dubai
To witness Dubai as exhilarating basket of adventure and fun then must checkout Best beaches in Dubai
You can easily visit the Secret Beach in Dubai via bus or metro routes. You can also ride your own car but finding a parking spot might be a bit tricky. While it can take some time for you to travel via public transport, you can get here faster in your own car.
Experience the Reefs - Aquatic animals life supporting system present inside the ocean by booking Scuba Diving Dubai
Yes, it is definitely worth visiting the Secret beach in Dubai, especially for kids. The shallow waters of the beach are ideal for them to experience swimming while adults can spend their time lounging around the beach or fishing.
Click to know more: Kids Activities in Dubai
As such, there is no risk in visiting the beach during the night time but it is highly recommended that you limit the maximum time of your visit to 10 at night to avoid the incidence of any unforeseen circumstances.
Suggested Read: Places to visit in Dubai at night