Barron Falls is a steep cascading waterfall on the Barron River that falls from a significant height of 250 meters. Commencing from the Atherton Tablelands, the waterfall flows to the dramatically carved gorge through the Lamb Ranges named the Barron Gorge. Tourists can enjoy the sweeping views of one of these beautiful Cairns tourist attractions from the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway or Barron Falls Lookout.
Located in the Barron Gorge National Park, this beautiful waterfall is tucked away amidst the lush green rainforests. Offering pristine views of nature, this scenic waterfall is a picture of sprawling mist over lush greenery. It is a steep tiered cascade which can be reached via the Kennedy Highway in the Atherton Tablelands.
Tucked amidst the rocky terrain and a canopy of eucalyptus trees, this waterfall calls out all the shutterbugs and nature lovers. Watching the waterfall cascading down in the rainy season will leave you in awe of the surroundings. Tourists can watch the waterfall through the lookout that is built above the forest floor and accessed via an elevated boardwalk under the canopy of lush green trees.
Highlights: The scenic waterfall is a special attraction for all fans of nature photography.
Location: Centenary Park, Coondoo St, Kuranda QLD 4881, Australia
• Witness the majestic beauty of nature by paying a visit to Barron Falls, which is a spectacular cascading waterfall in the Barron Gorge National Park near Cairns.
• Marvel at the luscious greenery around the waterfall that offers a pristine view of nature.
• Provide a visual retreat to nature lovers and photography enthusiasts as they get a chance to witness the rocky terrains and a canopy of eucalyptus trees beside the waterfall.
• Get awestruck by the astonishing beauty of the waterfall during the rainy season with your friends and family.
• Enjoy the magnificent views of the attraction from the elevated boardwalk amidst the canopy of green trees or through the lookout constructed above the forest floor.
• Enjoy rafting activities at the base of the waterfall on the Barron River and cherish the moments for a lifetime.
• Partake in this Cairns tourist attraction which includes the private canoeing or kayaking activities on Barron Falls if you are looking for some adventure or indulge in swimming to soak in the serenity of the river water.