Known to be amongst the largest aviaries in the country, the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary is one of the most unique Cairns tourist attractions to visit. View more than 1500 butterflies belonging to the tropical region including the Cairns Birdwing Butterfly and the Monarch. Visit the laboratory here, filled with over 4000 caterpillars, when on a guided tour.
Hailed as one of the biggest flight aviaries in Australia, this is where you can see more than 1500 free flying tropical butterflies. This rainforest aviary is the enchanting getaway you want to experience to see the most exotic ones like Cairns Birdwing Butterfly and iconic Monarch. At this amazing aviary, you can opt for a guided tour which will tell you many interesting facts about these butterflies along with the breeding laboratory which has more than 4000 caterpillars.
There is also a guided food plant walk where you can see the different caterpillar food plants that are grown at the place. A must visit for nature lovers, this park is an iconic tourist attraction in Cairns that you can't miss as you are surrounded by a plethora of exotic flowers and plants. The butterfly park’s star attraction is the Hercules Moth which is native to North Queensland Australia.
Highlights: It is one of the biggest flight aviaries in Australia which draws in many nature lovers.
Location: 8 Rob Veivers Dr, Kuranda QLD 4881, Australia
• Visit the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, which is one of the biggest of aviaries in Australia.
• Get to see some of the rare butterflies at this sanctuary, including the Cairns Birdwing Butterfly and the Monarch.
• Indulge in a guided tour of the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary to learn more about each type of butterfly, and learn some interesting facts.
• Explore the laboratory here, which is a breeding ground for more than 4000 caterpillars and is a unique sight to witness.
• Experience the professionally guided food plant walk, which introduces you to different types of food plants for caterpillars
• Stroll around the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary to indulge in some beautiful sights of some of the most exotic flowers and plants.
• Witness the most famous attraction here, the Hercules Moth, which is a native to North Queensland Australia.
• Observe more than 1500 free butterflies, and indulge in clicking some great pictures.